Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Just now, Zee said:

Literally can't wait.

Here's a question. Once you get your Amico what is the first game you'll play?

For me it'll be skiing. Loved the original intellivison skiing and can't wait to try the new one.

For me, I would try Astrosmash first.  The Skiing looks fun too.

• Like 4

I highly suggest Intellivision and fans of the Amico ignore all the negativety (and not participate in it) and just focus on the system and the game.  Honestly it doesn't look good for either side when things get negative.  However,  listen to constructive criticism and always strive to make things better. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Zee said:

Literally can't wait.

Here's a question. Once you get your Amico what is the first game you'll play?

For me it'll be skiing. Loved the original intellivison skiing and can't wait to try the new one.

Probably Astrosmash as that’s a game my dad and I played a lot trying to beat each other’s scores. First game I buy probably moon patrol been playing that a ton lately 

• Like 5

I posted a couple of videos in the Crayola/Amico thread here - it's not questions/answers.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

This is looking very promising 😀👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Looks pretty sweet.  I was never into this style of game, but I'm very familar with it from Raiden, to Sky Shark, to the 1941 series of games.  They did a great job and it looks fantastic.  I like how it's based on an arcade sprite style of animation, but they're hi-res graphics.  Meaning it's not like the new Moon Patrol, it's more like a true arcade style game using sprites. 

Nice to finally see something other than Astrosmash or Shark! Shark! on a long play.

Hoping to see Night Stalker, Bomb Squad and MLB Baseball being played/cheered by a crowd.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

For me, I would try Astrosmash first.  The Skiing looks fun too.

Skiing for me too - perhaps my most anticipated pack in. After that astrosmash and then Cornhole to try out the motion controls 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Silverbot said:

This is looking very promising 😀👍

Agreed that looks great. Must slicker than I would expect at this stage (it seemed to come into development fairly recently if Tommy’s mentions are anything to go by). Big 👍 so far

• Like 5

These T-Shirts Are Available Nowhere :grin:

djc-game-studios-jaw-dropper-tshirt.thumb.png.87a2cc57c980b79dc6838d2f311c8f13.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

9 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Skiing for me too - perhaps my most anticipated pack in. After that astrosmash and then Cornhole to try out the motion controls 

Skiing is my most anticipated as well, would really like to see more footage of that.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Another good option for Amico.

I love really x and multiplayer would be incredible !

• Like 2

I've noticed two things:

1) There seems to be a trend of little kids trying the Amico and loving it. Perhaps the group testing wasn't that bad after all?

2) That MMO Fallout Guy is a 30 year old journalist who's pretty much ultra-specialized in MMOs. Among the thousands of articles in his website up until today, 2 of the 3 that covered the Amico were mostly negative (he initially made fun about the second delay, then supported Tommy against Roblox, but then defended Ars Technica in the recent controversy). And it looks like the console was interesting enough for that guy to drive 8 hours to play it, and good enough after trying it too. These are really positive news for Tommy and its team, that even people who learn about the console thanks to Internet drama and with a mostly negative perception about it come out with a positive view of it after trying it.

• Like 7

I've noticed two things:

1) There seems to be a trend of little kids trying the Amico and loving it. Perhaps the group testing wasn't that bad after all?

2) That MMO Fallout Guy is a 30 year old journalist who's pretty much ultra-specialized in MMOs. Among the thousands of articles in his website up until today, 2 of the 3 that covered the Amico were mostly negative (he initially made fun about the second delay, then supported Tommy against Roblox, but then defended Ars Technica in the recent controversy). And it looks like the console was interesting enough for that guy to drive 8 hours to play it, and good enough after trying it too. These are really positive news for Tommy and its team, that even people who learn about the console thanks to Internet drama and with a mostly negative perception about it come out with a positive view of it after trying it.

Kudos to him for driving a long way to actually TRY something before having an ultimate opinion and constantly ripping it. Other video game "commentators" who live within driving distance of Intellivision headquarters and who had an open invitation to stop by and try the console didn't even bother but continue to make negative videos of the console without ever having tried it. If you're going to be negative about something you should at least have hands on experience with it first.
  • Like 11

I'm still not understanding how multiplayer skiing will work though. Like wouldn't 1 player potentially be far ahead and cause another player to go off screen? I'm interested to see how they've done that aspect of the game.

• Like 4