Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

8 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

A big thanks going out for Tommy, Kevin and Mike at IE.  IE awarded my wife her hard earned Moon Patrol Marquee Light Box (which is awesome BTW), signed by Tommy and the producer of the original Moon Patrol, Scott Tsumura.  Such a great award that my wife (and me 😁) will cherish and appreciate for years to come.  I’ll post some pics, once we get it hung. 

We also got to meet a few others at IE, including John Alvarado (EYHO Michael Garvey 🤢), and got a tour of their new offices. Such a great space filled with great, friendly and talented people; how could Amico not be great when it’s finally released?

We were given the royal treatment and even got a preview of an upcoming Crayola Experience video short they were editing together when we arrived. 

You all probably know I’m already sold on Amico on the concept alone, but its nice to see first hand that the execution won’t disappoint; and as my wife is not as invested as myself, I was eagerly looking forward to see what she thought about the system after getting a chance to play it.  Beyond having a great time with the tour and meeting everyone, she also really enjoyed playing the majority of the games we sampled.  We saw/played Astosmash, Dyna Blasters, Shark! Shark!, Evel Knievel, Skiing, Finnegan Fox, Pool, Emoji Charades, Moon Patrol, Bi Planes & Missile Command (think that was all of them).  We only got to really scratch the surface on these, but I thought they all looked to be really well done, and as important, really fun to play.  My wife wasn’t so much into Missile Command, but did specifically mention she’s looking forward to playing more Astrsmash, Evel Knievel, Moon Patrol and the Charades game. 

My wife is not much of a gamer, much less so then myself (and I rate myself as a very casual gammer), so its nice to see her be excited for Amico.  

Some of the other highlights was seeing what I assume was a late iteration of the UI, and think they’ve got some pretty smart and artful elements that people will really appreciate. We also got to see the white Amico in person, and got to say I think it gives the black one a run for its money. I believe anyone who’s ordered white will be happy with their choice when they get it. 

I thought the controllers were really, really well done and I’d put them about the weight of my cell phone but a little bulkier.  l thought they would be a little heavier, but I liked feel. The best way I can describe the disc is that it is silky smooth. Best example of the precision of the disc that we saw was in Shark! Shark!, as you use all 360 deg in the game and it really shows off the capability of the disc system. I also thought the disc was perfectly sized, balancing speed (smaller = faster) and precision (bigger = more precise).  

Sound was great (really great) across the board, but what else would you expect from a company run by an audio guy.  Some of the things that really stuck with me and took me a bit by surprise was the colorfulness and art style of Shark! Shark! that really just sucks you in; the complex and realistic stall mechanics in Bi Planes (Tommy kicked my butt in this one, and considering I was an ace in Triple action, it goes to show that while the versions are similarly based, there’s enough of a difference to require a learning curve - for one, there is a lot more going on on the screen then the original); Evel Knievel is now a must-get for myself (before I played it I was only luke warm to it - and if it wasn’t now on my list, its on my wife’s); for those who’ve played the Moon Patrol demo, there are many new elements in later levels that you’ll get to experience; pool has a very well done interface/shot/aim mechanic that really takes the game up a level (and the sound effects are spot on!).  

Missile Command aiming will take me a while to get down.  I believe the screen-as-a-track pad type input is a huge improvement over any of the non-playable D-pad controlled versions, but the screen input is so fast on Amico (thats right, the control is almost too fast here) that it is harder to control with precision until you get some practice under your belt. You can literally cross the screen in a 1/10th of a second, and what size was that TV Tommy, guessing 85”?

Was a great day, saw and did some great things, but most importantly we met some really great people!

Looking forward to playing this in our own home and being able to dig in a bit deeper into the system and the games. 

A special shout out to my wife for making this all a possibility for me; and not only did I teach her to play Moon Patrol, but the student became the master, and I’m her biggest fan!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!  So glad you had the opportunity to spend some time with us yesterday and that you and your wife had a positive experience with Amico!

Let's arrange an original Intellivision get together with others SOON!  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!  So glad you had the opportunity to spend some time with us yesterday and that you and your wife had a positive experience with Amico!

Let's arrange an original Intellivision get together with others SOON!  

My friend Steve and I are right up the road and would love to come down and play some Intellivision Baseball or Skiing,some other Intellivision games and some Amico!

As nice people,125  Intellivision club members and Founders Edition buyers we would be the perfect guests and visitors.

I hope I made a great case  for us to receive an invite.😄

• Like 12

Any news on a release date ? Just in case I kissed some news. Maybe the FE in Oct or Nov or Dec ? 🙏

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Any news on a release date ? Just in case I kissed some news. Maybe the FE in Oct or Nov or Dec ? 🙏

It released yesterday, did you miss it?  Hearing they sold out and will be out of stock till 10/10/21 (est) 🤣

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

My friend Steve and I are right up the road and would love to come down and play some Intellivision Baseball or Skiing,some other Intellivision games and some Amico!

As nice people,125  Intellivision club members and Founders Edition buyers we would be the perfect guests and visitors.

Dale, now your just making me feel jealous. No idea when we can travel normally again.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Un grande ringraziamento a Tommy, Kevin e Mike di IE. IE ha assegnato a mia moglie la sua tanto guadagnata Moon Patrol Marquee Light Box (che è fantastica a proposito), firmata da Tommy e dal produttore dell'originale Moon Patrol, Scott Tsumura. Un premio così grande che mia moglie (e io 😁 ) apprezzeremo e apprezzeremo negli anni a venire. Posterò qualche foto, una volta che l'avremo montata. 

Abbiamo anche avuto l'opportunità di incontrare alcuni altri a IE, incluso John Alvarado (EYHO Michael Garvey 🤢 ), e abbiamo fatto un giro dei loro nuovi uffici. Uno spazio così grande pieno di persone fantastiche, amichevoli e di talento; come potrebbe Amico non essere eccezionale quando è finalmente uscito?

Ci è stato riservato un trattamento regale e abbiamo persino avuto un'anteprima di un cortometraggio video di Crayola Experience che stavano montando insieme quando siamo arrivati. 

Probabilmente sapete tutti che sono già convinto di Amico solo per il concetto, ma è bello vedere di prima mano che l'esecuzione non deluderà; e poiché mia moglie non è coinvolta quanto me, non vedevo l'ora di vedere cosa ne pensasse del sistema dopo aver avuto la possibilità di giocarci. Oltre a divertirsi con il tour e incontrare tutti, le è piaciuto molto anche giocare alla maggior parte dei giochi che abbiamo provato. Abbiamo visto/giocato ad Astosmash, Dyna Blasters, Shark! Shark!, Evel Knievel, Skiing, Finnegan Fox, Pool, Emoji Charades, Moon Patrol, Bi Planes e Missile Command (pensa che fossero tutti loro). Abbiamo solo dovuto scalfire la superficie su questi, ma ho pensato che sembravano tutti davvero ben fatti e, cosa importante, davvero divertenti da giocare. Mia moglie non era tanto interessata al comando missilistico, 

Mia moglie non è una grande giocatrice, tanto meno me stesso (e mi considero un giocatore molto occasionale), quindi è bello vederla essere entusiasta di Amico.  

Alcuni degli altri punti salienti sono stati vedere quella che presumo fosse un'iterazione tardiva dell'interfaccia utente e penso che abbiano alcuni elementi piuttosto intelligenti e artistici che le persone apprezzeranno davvero. Abbiamo anche avuto modo di vedere di persona l'Amico bianco e ho avuto modo di dire che penso che dia una corsa ai suoi soldi per quello nero. Credo che chiunque abbia ordinato il bianco sarà felice della sua scelta quando lo riceverà. 

Pensavo che i controller fossero davvero, davvero ben fatti e li avrei messi all'incirca del peso del mio cellulare ma un po' più ingombranti. Pensavo fossero un po' più pesanti, ma mi piaceva il tatto. Il modo migliore in cui posso descrivere il disco è che è liscio come la seta. Il miglior esempio della precisione del disco che abbiamo visto è stato in Shark! Shark!, poiché usi tutti i 360 gradi nel gioco e mostra davvero le capacità del sistema del disco. Ho anche pensato che il disco fosse perfettamente dimensionato, bilanciando velocità (più piccolo = più veloce) e precisione (più grande = più preciso).  

Il suono era eccezionale (davvero eccezionale) su tutta la linea, ma cos'altro ti aspetteresti da un'azienda gestita da un ragazzo dell'audio. Alcune delle cose che mi sono rimaste davvero impresse e che mi hanno un po' sorpreso sono stati la vivacità e lo stile artistico di Shark! Squalo! che ti risucchia davvero; la complessa e realistica meccanica di stallo in Bi Planes (Tommy mi ha preso a calci nel sedere in questo, e considerando che ero un asso in Triple Action, questo dimostra che mentre le versioni sono basate in modo simile, c'è abbastanza differenza da richiedere una curva di apprendimento - per uno, c'è molto di più sullo schermo rispetto all'originale); Evel Knievel ora è un must per me stesso (prima di suonarlo ero solo tiepido - e se non era ora nella mia lista, è su quella di mia moglie); per coloro che hanno giocato alla demo di Moon Patrol, ci sono molti nuovi elementi nei livelli successivi che potrai sperimentare; pool ha un'interfaccia/meccanica di tiro/mira molto ben fatta che porta il gioco a un livello superiore (e gli effetti sonori sono azzeccati!).  

Mi ci vorrà un po' di tempo per mirare al comando missilistico. Credo che l'input di tipo screen-as-a-track pad sia un enorme miglioramento rispetto a qualsiasi versione controllata da D-pad non riproducibile, ma l'input dello schermo è così veloce su Amico (è vero, il controllo è quasi troppo veloce qui ) che è più difficile da controllare con precisione finché non si fa un po' di pratica. Puoi letteralmente attraversare lo schermo in un decimo di secondo, e che dimensione aveva quella TV Tommy, indovinando 85 pollici?

È stata una giornata fantastica, ho visto e fatto cose fantastiche, ma soprattutto abbiamo incontrato delle persone davvero fantastiche!

Non vediamo l'ora di giocarci a casa nostra e di poter approfondire un po' il sistema e i giochi. 

Un ringraziamento speciale a mia moglie per aver reso tutto questo una possibilità per me; e non solo le ho insegnato a giocare a Moon Patrol, ma lo studente è diventato il maestro, e io sono il suo più grande fan!

Very beautifull! What a great experience, thank you for sharing it with us and for the details on the games you have played. You and your wife deserve it, I'm happy for you. Thanks again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

That would be awesome!  Let's do it!

I challenge you all to original Baseball, Hockey & Utopia.  😀

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

And this is exactly my point of you being by far the most accessible CEO of a company in history... lol.

Thanks for being "that guy"... and not THAT (insert expletive) guy!

Wish I lived in Cali, I'd bring my Sears until as well.  😁

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Ok!👍

I believe I can beat you at Baseball,Hockey I can give you a decent challenge but you would definitely destroy my island in Utopia.

If we add in Shark! Shark! and Skiing I give myself a pretty good chance of winning a best of 5 out of that group of games.

Sounds like a great day to me.😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Sorry but I couldn't resist:

5gvg15.jpg

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Cranker said:

No official update yet unfortunately but we are expecting there will be an official update very soon within the next week or two.

It is looking like another launch date delay will happen with the possibility of only a limited soft launch with a limited number of consoles being ready to ship in October.

Problem is, once this announcement happens, it may lead to many canceled pre-orders and another wave of negative responses from the extreme hate mob who are actively trying to cancel the Amico.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bonkey Kong said:

No official update yet unfortunately but we are expecting there will be an official update very soon within the next week or two.

It is looking like another launch date delay will happen with the possibility of only a limited soft launch with a limited number of consoles being ready to ship in October.

Problem is, once this announcement happens, it may lead to many canceled pre-orders and another wave of negative responses from the extreme hate mob who are actively trying to cancel the Amico.

Yes, another delay would not be good news. I know it may be unavoidable but at the same time even some supporters might lose interest in the console.

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

We should find out either this week or next week about whether or not the Amico is delayed.  Tommy said he would tell us in late July.

He didn't say there would be an announcement by the end of July.  He said they would know by then.  There is still the option of producing a small number locally.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 6

Just now, mr_me said:

He didn't say there would be an announcement by the end of July.  He said would know by then.  There is still the option of producing a small number locally.

Im guessing they are debating whether a soft rollout is a good idea. Its a tough question. 

• Like 3

Just now, mr_me said:

He didn't say there would be an announcement by the end of July.  He said would know by then.  There is still the option of producing a small number locally.

Okay.  But either way he said that in late July he would give an update about it.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Count me in, anytime!

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 11:33 AM, Intellivision Master said:

This was AWESOME!

If you havent taken a listen, do yourself a favor and take 3 min and give it a spin. 

so cool!  

• Like 6

We spoke before about how a 2D overhead Fall Guys-inspired game would work fantastically well on the Amico. Well, it turns out another Japanese Playstation exclusive already did that. This is the best footage I could find on Youtube. It supports the multitap and looks perfect for Tommy's machine:

And since I'm mentioning PlayStation games with simple gameplay that never left Japan, this other game is only 1 player but... wow. I just don't have the words (powered by music):

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2