Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Hans is back in Warsaw Poland to pick up something from Technicolor. Technicolor is a multinational conglomerate but their Poland branch (Technicolor Polska) seems to specialized in CD & DVD production for music/game developers. That doesn't sound like anything the Amico would need BUT they also make Point of Sale displays and provide distribution of them to retailers. Technicolor also does video game graphics, trademark licensing and a ton of other stuff, but I think the Poland connection is pointing to something about either physical games or Point of Sale displays.

2021-07-19_9-23-56.thumb.png.bf4943d20f9b9fc5e11b0b02c1d30bf9.png

Technicolor Supply Chain Distribution Manufacturers: https://www.technicolor.com/distribute/supply-chain-solutions/manufacturing

• Like 6

Back to the Steam Deck, do you guys remember the Spanish console Smach Z? It was going to be very similar to the Steam Deck. Well, they went bankrupt a couple of months ago. Basically, the pandemic hit when they were about to start the production and had to move the production of some parts to China, in addition to temporarily lay off some employees until they were only 3-5 persons working on it.

Of course, this is a smaller company that truly started as crowdfunding in Kickstarter (they said that funding and the preorder money was never going to be enough, so private investors and Spanish government funding kept them alive).

As someone pointed out recently in Atari Age, the pandemic is affecting even remote control car sellers, and Smach Z was another victim. Sometimes these problems come in the form of lack of components, other as delays in complying testing processes. The "there must be something else, they must be hiding something" mentality and baseless accusations are not too different to the anti-vaxxers mentality.

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Back to the Steam Deck, do you guys remember the Spanish console Smach Z? It was going to be very similar to the Steam Deck. Well, they went bankrupt a couple of months ago. Basically, the pandemic hit when they were about to start the production and had to move the production of some parts to China, in addition to temporarily lay off some employees until they were only 3-5 persons working on it.

Of course, this is a smaller company that truly started as crowdfunding in Kickstarter (they said that funding and the preorder money was never going to be enough, so private investors and Spanish government funding kept them alive).

As someone pointed out recently in Atari Age, the pandemic is affecting even remote control car sellers, and Smach Z was another victim. Sometimes these problems come in the form of lack of components, other as delays in complying testing processes. The "there must be something else, they must be hiding something" mentality and baseless accusations are not too different to the anti-vaxxers mentality.

Agreed, even without a pandemic launching a new game console AND funding/coordinating closely the games on it is staggeringly difficult. Something that all of these critics have never, and likely could never pull off. My hat is off to the entire team at Intellivision Entertainment for taking on this challenge.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

The Alienware UFO was suspected to come out around Dec. 2020. Of course, that was at the beginning of 2020. So, we know what happened there. Might be summer 2022, if it still happens. Not sure if they even have a prototype ready, yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrudgeQ said:

Hans is back in Warsaw Poland to pick up something from Technicolor. Technicolor is a multinational conglomerate but their Poland branch (Technicolor Polska) seems to specialized in CD & DVD production for music/game developers. That doesn't sound like anything the Amico would need BUT they also make Point of Sale displays and provide distribution of them to retailers. Technicolor also does video game graphics, trademark licensing and a ton of other stuff, but I think the Poland connection is pointing to something about either physical games or Point of Sale displays.

2021-07-19_9-23-56.thumb.png.bf4943d20f9b9fc5e11b0b02c1d30bf9.png

Technicolor Supply Chain Distribution Manufacturers: https://www.technicolor.com/distribute/supply-chain-solutions/manufacturing

I wonder if our first huge batch of 8 physical media games are being completed in manufacturing this week?

Wouldn't That Be Something?

:)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Im guessing they are debating whether a soft rollout is a good idea. Its a tough question. 

It's a good idea if it means I get my console this October.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Agreed, even without a pandemic launching a new game console AND funding/coordinating closely the games on it is staggeringly difficult. Something that all of these critics have never, and likely could never pull off. My hat is off to the entire team at Intellivision Entertainment for taking on this challenge.

I appreciate the acknowledgement.  I think there are a lot of folks out there that don't recognize or understand how incredibly challenging everything has been during the past year or so.  The fact that we are a pre-revenue company with 55 employees w/full benefits... and still is business... is a minor miracle at this point. 

Doing something like this is normally an almost impossible task.  Throw in the past year and what is going on now with China & production... makes it ten times more difficult.

But here we are and we will continue battling against all the odds.

❤️

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I wonder if our first huge batch of 8 physical media games are being completed in manufacturing this week?

:)

Yes it would be.

• Like 6

For me, this is the most important Amico trailer we have ever done.

We intend on doing more of these events around the world in the months to come.

Hope to see you there!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I wonder if we will soon be able to SEE those physical games?!?!?!?   I'd love to see a special unboxing video. 

A special AtariAge only pre-order with early delivery special. No discount.. Just the ability to get one early...  Make it Tommy chooses what we get. At random. We pre-order. The INTV Team gets a ton of boxes ready. Then Tommy drops one in each shipping box.  They seal and ship..  :) It would make an amazing video. Drop a few names here and there as he goes along.

I'll sign up right now.  I'll even give you the code to use:WTBSTM?

Wouldn't That Be Something?™

Thanks for the update Tommy!

Edited by woobman
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

For me, this is the most important Amico trailer we have ever done.

We intend on doing more of these events around the world in the months to come.

Hope to see you there!

I must have mentioned it earlier in the thread Tommy but I had a dream I was at some sort of event and the Amico was there as well as you!  Hopefully this is foreshadowing for me and you have an event near Toronto, Canada.  Would love to try this out!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, woobman said:

I wonder if we will soon be able to SEE those physical games?!?!?!?   I'd love to see a special unboxing video.

That would be nice.  I second the special unboxing video.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Gotta say I don't agree with a lot in this video.

A soft launch doesn't mean Intellivision missed their launch date, it shows some credibility seeing as they missed their original launch date a year ago.

They shouldn't need to work on their operating system, store or whatever. They've had an additional year to do so. Sure there may be some unforseen things that pop up, but they've had plenty of extra time.

This is a company. Plain and simple. Support Intellivision? Everyone already did so when they pre-ordered the Amico. Show us, the consumer, support or at the very least to the 2600 people who backed you in the first place.

Everything gets some negative reviews. That's life. Better to get 2600 reviews out of the gate from your 2600 backers than the general public.

• Like 9

Hi Tommy, I was just playing R-Type Final 2 Demo on the Switch, do you think the Amico would be capable of doing that game. Thanks 😀👍

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Per me, questo è il trailer di Amico più importante che abbiamo mai fatto.

Abbiamo intenzione di fare più di questi eventi in tutto il mondo nei mesi a venire.

Spero di vedervi lì!

Is something similar planned in Italy? Just in case, my son and I will definitely be there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

100% this. It's amazing that Tommy and his team have gotten this far under such tremendous pressure from backers, investors, retailers, employees, let alone fans, and still keep a smile on their faces doing podcasts/YT videos. They believe in this console and I believe in them.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Hasn't the SMACH Z team been struggling to get their handheld released for much longer than COVID? I guess you could compare them to Intellivision and Amico, but I dunno...

21 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

The "there must be something else, they must be hiding something" mentality and baseless accusations are not too different to the anti-vaxxers mentality.

I tried to pass over, but I always cringe when politics get inserted into this board. An otherwise good post about the challenges of getting a product launched during covid has to get political topic inserted. There are logical differences to which I will not subject this board (and no I am not against vaccines). The logical correlation seems forced to promote a stance. 

I am excited for this console, and I personally read this for a break from the world. I do not care how Amico relates to political affiliation, religious freedoms, abortion, or any other politically charged causes. I would like it if we could all play some games together, not split each other apart. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2