Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

4 hours ago, Oldfool said:

I tried to pass over, but I always cringe when politics get inserted into this board. An otherwise good post about the challenges of getting a product launched during covid has to get political topic inserted. There are logical differences to which I will not subject this board (and no I am not against vaccines). The logical correlation seems forced to promote a stance. 

I am excited for this console, and I personally read this for a break from the world. I do not care how Amico relates to political affiliation, religious freedoms, abortion, or any other politically charged causes. I would like it if we could all play some games together, not split each other apart. 

I am sick and tired of people trying to politicize the pandemic, STFU and read, quit watching TV.  Use your fucking brains, you (as in EVERYONE) don't need politicians to operate your own god damn OS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 7/19/2021 at 9:32 AM, Swami said:

The Alienware UFO was suspected to come out around Dec. 2020. Of course, that was at the beginning of 2020. So, we know what happened there. Might be summer 2022, if it still happens. Not sure if they even have a prototype ready, yet.

I thought the UFO was just a concept and were testing the waters to get a reaction. 

• Like 1

I know I've said this a million times on this thread but . . .

Goddamit just give me some awesome new Cornhole footage.  I'd buy an Amico for that game if it rules, regardless of anything else.  I honestly think they should be pushing that game to the forefront as showing the difference between this system and the others on the market.  Maybe do an "Amico difference" type event with that, Bomb Squad, some of the board games- and really dive into them.  While my enthusiasm for the Amico has ebbed and flowed over the years and, after E3, is pretty "checked out' at this point (but I am always willing to change my mind one way or the other), I am still very pumped for Cornhole :)

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I know I've said this a million times on this thread but . . .

Goddamit just give me some awesome new Cornhole footage.  I'd buy an Amico for that game if it rules, regardless of anything else.  I honestly think they should be pushing that game to the forefront as showing the difference between this system and the others on the market.  Maybe do an "Amico difference" type event with that, Bomb Squad, some of the board games- and really dive into them.  While my enthusiasm for the Amico has ebbed and flowed over the years and, after E3, is pretty "checked out' at this point (but I am always willing to change my mind one way or the other), I am still very pumped for Cornhole :)

I have a feeling Cornhole is going to be a game thru show being played as an exclusive on a big YouTube family channel or something 

• Like 1

Since they don't have Amicos to sell you, there isn't much point in showing you cornhole at this time.

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

Since they don't have Amicos to sell you, there isn't much point in showing you cornhole at this time.

last I checked they are selling amico preorders, which are taking deposits, so in fact they are "selling" amicos.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

I'm sorry, but these comments (you've made them before) make no sense.  Why do movies have trailers 6 months out?  Why do companies preview video games 1 year before release?  Why did IE just do their thing at Crayola?  Why did Tommy start this forum topic in the first place?  It's called getting people excited for products.  Have you heard the term "marketing" before?  In your opinion, how many days or hours before release should anyone advertise a product or show a sneak preview?  

• Like 4

You said you might buy one after seeing a cornhole demo.  The fact is you won't be getting an Amico for a while and it's uncertain when that might be. 

Until IE ships product, they haven't sold anything.  Ideally, they shouldn't take preorders they can't deliver in a reasonable time.  Of course, the past year has been far from ideal.

Edited by mr_me

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

You said you might buy one after seeing a cornhole demo.  The fact is you won't be getting an Amico for a while and it's uncertain when that might be. 

Until IE ships product, they haven't sold anything.  Ideally, they shouldn't take preorders they can't deliver in a reasonable time.  Of course, the past year has been far from ideal.

So if their ship date is 10/10/21, when should they start advertising?  If they delay it to, say, 4/10/2022, when should they advertise the product?  Do you view everything they have done thus far as a waste of time then?

They can advertise anytime they want, it's not for me to say.  Just saying you won't be buying one until they start shipping.  You can put your $100 down but it's when they start shipping that you have to decide to fork over the rest or not.

Edited by mr_me

51 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

So if their ship date is 10/10/21, when should they start advertising?  If they delay it to, say, 4/10/2022, when should they advertise the product?  Do you view everything they have done thus far as a waste of time then?

I think that is completely up to them, all of it is.  You can cry about any features or missing stuff all you want, in the end it happens when it happens, not when someone wishes it happens.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I'm sorry, but these comments (you've made them before) make no sense.  Why do movies have trailers 6 months out?  Why do companies preview video games 1 year before release?  Why did IE just do their thing at Crayola?  Why did Tommy start this forum topic in the first place?  It's called getting people excited for products.  Have you heard the term "marketing" before?  In your opinion, how many days or hours before release should anyone advertise a product or show a sneak preview?  

Think the key is they are holding on to some of the bigger nuggets until just before people can go buy one, in order to maximize impact. I think It’s a balancing act right now - show enough to keep people who are interested…, well interested; keep enough in the bank for later, greater and what will be a larger audience impact 

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Think the key is they are holding on to some of the bigger nuggets until just before people can go buy one, in order to maximize impact. I think It’s a balancing act right now - show enough to keep people who are interested…, well interested; keep enough in the bank for later, greater and what will be a larger audience impact 

Yeah I could see that.  It would make sense to me that, if there is a delay, they are set up to say "so, there's a delay, but check out these awesome games we will have ready for you" and then show new stuff- maybe the EWJ4 footage.

• Like 3

I love Han's quote on Instagram - it just reminds everyone of how complex manufacturing anything is & the team effort needed to make it happen:

(click the pic for a link to the Instgram post)

Hans Ippisch: Day 4 in Warsaw: Tommy, Nick, Slade, Mike D., Todd, Ed, Carlos, Mike L., Bill, Larry, Jason, Sam, Phil, Therése, John and all my colleagues at Intellivision - we did it! It feels incredible to have the final products in your own hands after 14 months of intensive preparation. From the conception with countless approaches, the search for suitable suppliers (five out of 24 made it) to the implementation with permanent improvements to the final production (which includes the punctual certification of three institutions and the logistical challenge of the simultaneous arrival of hundreds of thousands of parts from five different suppliers from all over Europe) this was certainly one of the most complex tasks I have ever looked after - and that in the middle of a pandemic! With the best colleagues in the world, who have achieved incredible things here, anything is possible! I can´t wait for the world to see what we created here!

image.thumb.png.35d078fc86152010fff737c0ec065bb7.png

• Like 12

Hi Tommy, I apologies if this has been asked before. With current consoles the physical disks get installed on the machine, but are still needed to be put in the drive for the game to work. With the Amico’s physical media will it still be needed for the game to run once it’s been installed on the machine, or can you just pack it away back in the box? Cheers 😀👍

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, I apologies if this has been asked before. With current consoles the physical disks get installed on the machine, but are still needed to be put in the drive for the game to work. With the Amico’s physical media will it still be needed for the game to run once it’s been installed on the machine, or can you just pack it away back in the box? Cheers 😀👍

It will not be needed after the initial time.

One of the reasons we are a little different and unique from everything else currently out there.

There are some other really cool features we are waiting to release with some big influencers later this year.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, GrudgeQ said:

I love Han's quote on Instagram - it just reminds everyone of how complex manufacturing anything is & the team effort needed to make it happen:

(click the pic for a link to the Instgram post)

image.thumb.png.35d078fc86152010fff737c0ec065bb7.png

Does this mean Intellivision has worked out the part issue and can now begin to manufacture complete Amico consoles?

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

I think It’s a balancing act right now - show enough to keep people who are interested…, well interested; keep enough in the bank for later, greater and what will be a larger audience impact 

See this I dont understand, with a new product and its software there should be new game and software info all the time.  The system and games should being getting started, updated, finished all the time.  They should be swimming in software by now, they should have a ton of new firmware updates and system content.  They should be swimming in info.  For them to hold back info and act as if there is some finite amount and act like they can email blast the planet at some sudden date is a misstep if you ask me. Tommy's been out there talking to everyone for well over a year and for the most part, still no one knows this products exist. This is a mass market product, 10 million marketing budget for a world wide release is really nothing. Personally I think the last thing you can worry about is over exposure.  Hell, I understand holding back some stuff for you tube influencers, but shouldnt there be new info and game announcements coming out all the time?  Again, the time line to make games for this from start to finish should be less than a year, so game info should be changing almost weekly.

Edited by bigdaddygamestudio
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

It will not be needed after the initial time.

One of the reasons we are a little different and unique from everything else currently out there.

There are some other really cool features we are waiting to release with some big influencers later this year.

Thanks for the answer, it sounds very intriguing, can’t wait to find out more. 😀👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

Does this mean Intellivision has worked out the part issue and can now begin to manufacture complete Amico consoles?

From Tommy’s “Wouldn’t that be something(tm)” statement earlier, this the physical games. Still a good sign that part of needed launch items are moving forward.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GrudgeQ said:

From Tommy’s “Wouldn’t that be something(tm)” statement earlier, this the physical games. Still a good sign that part of needed launch items are moving forward.

Correct.  Physical games/products.

• Like 7

Absolutely AMAZING hands on preview of Amico from the Level 857 guys who played it for hours!

Everyone should check this out and subscribe to these guys.

Great stuff. So glad the guys loved it so much!

• Like 5