Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

 

See this I dont understand, with a new product and its software there should be new game and software info all the time.  The system and games should being getting started, updated, finished all the time.  They should be swimming in software by now, they should have a ton of new firmware updates and system content.  They should be swimming in info.  For them to hold back info and act as if there is some finite amount and act like they can email blast the planet at some sudden date is a misstep if you ask me. Tommy's been out there talking to everyone for well over a year and for the most part, still no one knows this products exist. This is a mass market product, 10 million marketing budget for a world wide release is really nothing. Personally I think the last thing you can worry about is over exposure.  Hell, I understand holding back some stuff for you tube influencers, but shouldnt there be new info and game announcements coming out all the time?  Again, the time line to make games for this from start to finish should be less than a year, so game info should be changing almost weekly.


Big influencers and websites want exclusives.  We haven't started advertising yet.  Zero reason for us to give away exclusives when our target audience doesn't even know we exist yet.

:)

 

I think it would be fair to say that we've shown and said more than any other game console launch in the history of the video game industry. 

But please don't worry... we have a lot more to share and to get folks excited about.

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

We haven't started advertising yet.  Zero reason for us to give away exclusives when our target audience doesn't even know we exist yet.

This is what has me confused. Crayola was a good start but I would have expected to see events like this every week. Its summer, your target, families with kids who like video games with disposable income are being herded all summer to places like family beach resort towns. I mean just in my area you have Ocean City NJ, a huge family resort with a great boardwalk and real arcades still. What better place to go and introduce your product to get the name out there.  Every coastal state has family resort towns like this. Also there are theme parks like six flags all over the country with areas of the parks catering to your exact demo.  You have a marketing team on staff I heard, why arent they on the road?  Even if you might miss the 10/10 date, your likely be launched before next summer so this will be the last summer to give people a "sneak" peek , and who doesnt love to get a sneak peek of something new.  Just my 2 cents, as you know fragmented media makes reaching your demo really hard these days, its not like the old days where you could just buy some ad spots in some major markets for the afternoon GI Joe cartoon.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't help but notice the similarities between these 2 images.

 

After all these years, Tommy's passion, enthusiasm and nostalgia for Intellivision still runs deep.

 

tommy-tallarico-intellivision-amico-1982-2021.thumb.png.93104de4a419fcfba1def7748b8b349a.png

  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Absolutely AMAZING hands on preview of Amico from the Level 857 guys who played it for hours!

Everyone should check this out and subscribe to these guys.

Great stuff. So glad the guys loved it so much!
 

I just want to say that I love the Level 857 channel. They are about the only channel I watch for non Amico related game news & interviews. Just a bunch of chill dudes talking games and gaming. Check them out if you haven't yet.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

FYI:

There is no AAA podcast on Sunday 7/25.  It will return in August.

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry....but I couldn't resist the opportunity for a Family Guy reference here... 😄

 

https://youtu.be/wyd-yRnsOdo

 

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

I couldn't help but notice the similarities between these 2 images.

 

After all these years, Tommy's passion, enthusiasm and nostalgia for Intellivision still runs deep.

 

tommy-tallarico-intellivision-amico-1982-2021.thumb.png.93104de4a419fcfba1def7748b8b349a.png

Can you post another picture with Tommy's cat from 1982 in the 2021 photo?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

 

See this I dont understand, with a new product and its software there should be new game and software info all the time.  The system and games should being getting started, updated, finished all the time.  They should be swimming in software by now, they should have a ton of new firmware updates and system content.  They should be swimming in info.  For them to hold back info and act as if there is some finite amount and act like they can email blast the planet at some sudden date is a misstep if you ask me. Tommy's been out there talking to everyone for well over a year and for the most part, still no one knows this products exist. This is a mass market product, 10 million marketing budget for a world wide release is really nothing. Personally I think the last thing you can worry about is over exposure.  Hell, I understand holding back some stuff for you tube influencers, but shouldnt there be new info and game announcements coming out all the time?  Again, the time line to make games for this from start to finish should be less than a year, so game info should be changing almost weekly.

I’ll try an example 

 

I’m developing a car that does 0-60 in 2 seconds, looks awesome and gets 200mpg.  Car won’t be ready to sell for another year. Me telling you about how it looks here costs me nothing, but me telling you about the specs above now costs me a timed impactful release of that information. I (as the company owner) wouldn’t wan’t that info getting out to the masses until I have something people can act on, like buying my product. I personally don’t thinks it dumb to hold back, quite the opposite I’m fact (not that I think you or your opinion is dumb, it’s your opinion, just like mine is mine). Any decisions Tommy and IE make for what I think will lead to a stronger launch has my vote, even if it means I don’t get info earlier. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Me telling you about how it looks here costs me nothing, but me telling you about the specs above now costs me a timed impactful release of that information.

poor analogy because cars companies make a practice of showing off their cars a full year ahead of release and sales date so people can get jazzed up and put in their pre orders etc etc.. ( Im jazzed up about the Lotus Emira myself- for 2022- I watched the reveal live a couple weeks ago like a giddy school girl)  ... but anywho having just watched the live interview with Nick the CEO and John A in chat, they we very forthcoming and now it makes sense why they are not doing the things I suggested.  Hopefully soon they will be at a point that they can.   

Edited by bigdaddygamestudio
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

poor analogy because cars companies make a practice of showing off their cars a full year ahead of release and sales date so people can get jazzed up and put in their pre orders etc etc.. ( Im jazzed up about the Lotus Emira myself- for 2022- I watched the reveal live a couple weeks ago like a giddy school girl)  ... but anywho having just watched the live interview with Nick the CEO and John A in chat, they we very forthcoming and now it makes sense why they are not doing the things I suggested.  Hopefully soon they will be at a point that they can.   

So maybe a new car was a bad example.  What about a startup company not many have heard of and you are counting on buzz to help sell your new to market, first product launch item. You don't want that buzz peaking 9 months before people can find it in a store, you want it peaking when it benefits the company most; when the buzz can drive sales, which in turn can drive additional buzz. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Absolutely AMAZING hands on preview of Amico from the Level 857 guys who played it for hours!

Everyone should check this out and subscribe to these guys.

Great stuff. So glad the guys loved it so much!
 

Starting watching it.  These guys seem super chill and guys I'd like to hang out and have a beer with.  

Already see haters in the comments of the video too.  Goes with the territory.  People who have never touched the system rip on it "if I want mobile games I have a phone already".  *sigh* seems like there's an agenda out there for the haters to go around and rip any positive Amico video.  I can't wait until this thing hits the market and is a huge success, will look great on all those idiots who have constantly bashed it. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

So maybe a new car was a bad example.  What about a startup company not many have heard of and you are counting on buzz to help sell your new to market, first product launch item. You don't want that buzz peaking 9 months before people can find it in a store, you want it peaking when it benefits the company most; when the buzz can drive sales, which in turn can drive additional buzz. 

I think there are just many different approaches to how this is done. Take Valve and their new Steamdeck as an example. They didn't announce it years ago, start talking about it, then provide updates every step of the way as to how it was coming along. They showed the nearly final product, hyped it, and opened pre-orders. People see this flood of news and excitement, get caught up in the emotion of it all, and rush to buy it.

 

IE doesn't have the name recognition Valve does. So they have been trying to get people to at least get curious about Amico for sometime. Even before it was anywhere near being finished, they had people playing it and openly talking about everything inside. Now they're at a point where they need to save that flood of last minute excitement to be released just before you can actually buy one. That gets the emotion hype going and sweeps people in. They need to save the "big bang" for launch time. They may have revealed too much as it is.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

You don't want that buzz peaking 9 months before people can find it in a store,

you want it to start way before that. Again, why would this peak?  Again, this isnt about the console, the console is what it is, this console like ALL consoles will live and die by its games. 

 

57 minutes ago, vongruetz said:

That gets the emotion hype going and sweeps people in. They need to save the "big bang" for launch time. They may have revealed too much as it is.

disagree, the console isnt what will sell this, the GAMES will. PS5 awesome piece of tech, am I dying to get it, nope, not yet because the games arent there yet. Games are the system sellers, not console specs. I think the approach is simple. You get the console out there and its name known so people knows it exists and when you release a really good exclusive game, that game will drive people to your console.  the Wii console specs didnt sell that system, Wii Sports did.

Edited by bigdaddygamestudio
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every video i've seen from people who have actually played the Amico just underscores to me exactly what I expected - this console is meant to be played with your family and friends just like back in the day.  Yes you can play games on your own, but the real fun is getting together as a group and playing a game.  Be that a board game or whatever.  Families and friends together! 

 

I remember as a kid playing on my original Intellivision II console and we'd have a group of friends over and have our own tournaments.  This is what the Amico is reminding me of, great times spent together and having FUN.  So looking forward to introducing this console to my family, the kids will love beating up on dear old mom and dad.  Way better than having them in their rooms doing their own thing most of the day. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As part of our stretch in preparing to launch, we've already received 14 ratings approvals for North America (ESRB), Germany (USK) and Europe (PEGI).

 

That's 42 approvals in total (don't forget your towel!)

 

The 14 games include all of our pack-in games and initial physical products!

 

As far back as December of last year for the 6 pack-in games, last month for our physical products and another new batch of games going through soon!

 

ratings.thumb.jpg.7e213fa59ed6e51898d6f45bacd980ef.jpg

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

As part of our stretch in preparing to launch, we've already received 14 ratings approvals for North America (ESRB), Europe (USK) and UK (PEGI).

 

That's 42 approvals in total (don't forget your towel!)

 

The 14 games include all of our pack-in games and initial physical products!

 

As far back as December of last year for the 6 pack-in games, last month for our physical products and another new batch of games going through soon!

 

ratings.thumb.jpg.7e213fa59ed6e51898d6f45bacd980ef.jpg

Love how things are picking up!  Launch can't come soon enough for me!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tommy  

 

Tommy I really love the box art!  It so ties into the retro Intellivision / Atari artwork that has been sorely missing all of these years!

 

There was a comment where consoles live and die by the games they have, which I have to agree with.

 

Would you consider creating a customer / user advisory group of people who can work collaboratively with Intellivision to generate game ideas / concepts that come from the "customer voice" of potential products?  It would be neat for Intellivision to offer some incentive or extra for developers who take on ideas from this pool as they would be well thought game ideas from the users themselves.

 

I have been following the Amico closely lately looking at all of the supportive and troll videos from YouTube and it has just made me want one more!

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-disney-frozen.thumb.png.b5ab9f1216273b2e2d4444ac8de659e2.png

Man that's licensing I'm sure Tommy would love to get. Great work as always

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

We haven't started advertising yet.

When are you guys planning to start, and what'll we see first?  Television commercial?  Magazine ad?  Something else?

 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

I think it would be fair to say that we've shown and said more than any other game console launch in the history of the video game industry. 
 

I agree.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Intellivision family having fun during lunch today.

Meet some of the folks on the team and see Evel Knievel in 4 player versus mode with motion controls and some behind the scenes footage of how we're tackling some new motion control designs and improvements to Cornhole.

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 2:13 PM, CurlyQ said:

I couldn't help but notice the similarities between these 2 images.

 

After all these years, Tommy's passion, enthusiasm and nostalgia for Intellivision still runs deep.

 

tommy-tallarico-intellivision-amico-1982-2021.thumb.png.93104de4a419fcfba1def7748b8b349a.png


Hahhahaha!

OMG!  So funny!


I'm gonna print this one out and frame it!


:)

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...