Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

41 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
😍💖🥰
#IntellivisionAmico
#VintageWoodgrain

vintagewoodgrain.thumb.jpg.7cc379d1181cf4c69bb1db18742a68a3.jpg

Is this the one you're about to send me?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

John was referring to the LED lighting... not the screen itself.

If the controller is not touched, it will eventually dim the screen.  That feature is already present.

Okay.  Thanks for clearing that up.  I must've misheard him.  I went back and listened to what he said.  I don't know why I thought he was talking about the controller screen.  Lol.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 3

Congrats to IE on the start of their production for Amico!  Thats a big milestone that hopefully will be soon shared with the console itself.

Have a few questions, for Tommy (and speculation from the board) that I have not seen asked before. 

I’m assuming that the initial released game development has both benefited and been hampered by current events; hampered by the inability to effectively work on them in groups for quite a while and benefited from the additional time the console delay has afforded. My related questions are: 

1) Given this plus/minus, do you think the final games will end up being on par or better then if there had been no pandemic and Amico had released when originally planned?

2) Any thoughts on if the development effort on the typical game produced to date is on par with original expectations on the level of effort required thru release, or are they getting to completion with less (covid aside) or more effort then originally thought?

3) Given resources are currently split between HW release and game development, will there be significantly more resources available for game development once Amico releases, or is there not much cross over internally between HW and SW teams/development?

4) I’d expect that initially released games are getting some extra attention, but also know that typically games generally get better thru the first few years of a console’s life cycle; as such where do you see Amico game quality as compared to today, 3 years from now?

Some other general questions, more for Tommy on these. 

5) Will you be able to drop mimes in Tank Battle?

6) During John’s guest appearance on AAD (which was awesome BTW) he hit upon how despite you having a strong vision for Amico, it truly is a team effort and that you have been willing to change your mind on things.  Is there anything that sticks out that you are surprised you didn't stick to your guns on, and if so, do you think your decision to change your mind ended in a net benefit?

Congrats again on the physical game production and the boxes look cool, but i got to say I haven't even finished paying for my VIP and I’m already another $160 bucks in the hole 🤭- but will be loving every minute of it.  Its funny, I was luke warm on Evel Knievel until I played it, even though I had heard many state how good it was.  As I said before, now that I’ve played it, its on my list to get.  I was also luke warm on Side Swipers but as its getting a lot of buzz lately, I anticipate it will be another winner for me and at $20 (or $10), and given the quality I’ve seen on the games I’ve already played, its now on my list as well.  

I was a little bummed to not see the game boxes continue on the Intellivision tradition of color coded boxes for the different themes of games, but I get the need to keep the look of all games similar for shelf presence and immediate recognizability.   

Thanks again to the entire team for making this a reality.  

I’m off to hang my wife’s Moon Patrol Prize for her.  Pictures forthcoming.  

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
😍💖🥰
#IntellivisionAmico
#VintageWoodgrain

So you are soon ready to ship FE Amicos (one for me). Is that what you are telling us? 😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

Another intermission incoming.....Cheers! @IMBerzerk :grin:

intellivision-amico-guinness-draught-beer-edition.thumb.png.ecd9d8f6d7575cc19507a1e89847cca1.png

Oh yeah!  Now that's an intermission I'll stick around for!     Looks awesome!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

Another intermission incoming.....Cheers! @IMBerzerk :grin:

intellivision-amico-guinness-draught-beer-edition.thumb.png.ecd9d8f6d7575cc19507a1e89847cca1.png

Thats the bomb  

Squad city in the background 🤤

Another epic release Curly.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
😍💖🥰
#IntellivisionAmico
#VintageWoodgrain

Wow.... why do I see a room in my house being painted dark red on the walls, Ethan Allen dark stained wood furniture with coarse cloth in nautical patterns... stained glass lighting fixtures and a dark brown shag carpet...

maybe because I'm seeing a very vintage Amico sitting in it??  WOW!   Gimmie!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Starpaddler said:

5) Will you be able to drop mimes in Tank Battle?

If the mimes have parachutes. Otherwise, I think it would be too violent for the Amico if the mimes died on impact.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Swami said:

If the mimes have parachutes. Otherwise, I think it would be too violent for the Amico if the mimes died on impact.

Oh no... not the MIMES!!!!

tumblr_mvg3512sr21s55lilo1_400.gif

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Haha 11

Here are some pics of the Moon Patrol Award with some of the colors shown. Such a cool award. 

Thanks Tommy, Scott Tsumura, IE & of course, my wife. 

1AF90412-3E7E-461D-BEA9-6F5BBB15926B.jpeg

56904658-2D88-4FFA-81F4-0C97680F7E59.jpeg

B87CCCB4-5AFB-4FE1-B891-956E0BA2A10D.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
😍 💖 🥰
#IntellivisionAmico
#VintageWoodgrain

You like to keep us on our toes, don't you Tommy? Let us know about the release date as soon as you can, we can't resist anymore! 😂 Good job to you and to the whole Team.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Here are some pics of the Moon Patrol Award with some of the colors shown. Such a cool award. 

Thanks Tommy, Scott Tsumura, IE & of course, my wife. 

1AF90412-3E7E-461D-BEA9-6F5BBB15926B.jpeg

56904658-2D88-4FFA-81F4-0C97680F7E59.jpeg

B87CCCB4-5AFB-4FE1-B891-956E0BA2A10D.jpeg

This looks great.  The bottom one looks the best to me.  I like how it glows.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Physical Media? Heck yeah!!! :cool::thumbsup:

@AtariSociety gets all of the coolest stuff! :grin:

If you haven't joined the Intellivision Amico Society Facebook Group or Subscribed to his YouTube channel what the heck are you waiting for???

tj-intellivision-amico-physical-media-1.thumb.png.02e6159953a4cb71b5bb6b5f79b55f47.png

Damn Shill'Aliens!! Always Wanting My Amico!

Those.......

Bastards!!

• Haha 7

Hi Tommy !
Questions :

1- Finally, which screenshots were chosen on the back of the box for Finnigan Fox ?

2- Have you decide where you will sign on the Founder Editions console ? ( Front, Back, etc )

3- If Physical products are a huge success, do you think it will be possible to have more games % in this form, like every game at 9.99$ + ?

Thank you !

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 5

So packaging for physical products is done ! That's great news !
So I know what I will say here will change nothing ! lol

I hope in each package, we will have at least Topps cards and overlays to put on the controller for the physical game bought ! 😃

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Saldo said:

Another intermission incoming.....Cheers! @IMBerzerk :grin:

Yup, I’ll have what he’s having!!!

Cheers!!  I like where this is going... crack open the Jameson!!   Line 'em up!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.png.4b1493663eff330070a6efb7ddc88b1e.png

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/fr_CH/search.html

Search for Intellivision Amico in the above link and you will find that the "physical products" are now finally being honestly advertised as (Code in Box)

Thank you Koch Media for being honest that these are not physical games.

image.thumb.png.1ac39aec16a5cca52a67814c11cd16df.png

Why is Intellivision.com still misleading consumers on their website saying that they have physical games? Below is a snip of their FAQ.

image.thumb.png.63c51154236acf307f2f67ab4d8f8fdc.png

Edited by Bonkey Kong
  • Confused 1

Cu-on-Pa, this could be a great game on Amico, 4 player would be fun 😀👍

• Like 3