Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Im skipping all modern consoles (Xbox and playstation) for one reason, they are glorified download codes and require internet to play etc etc.  Happy the Switch has game cartridges.    

Only was making an exception for the Amico because it has the Intellivision name attached. 

According to this reddit thread... there are even Nintendo Switch physical SD games that need online to update and to play (that aren't just online MMO's, etc.)

I don't know if any of this is true, but a few of the folks were saying that games like Wolfenstien 2 and LA Noire although start out on the SD... won't allow you to proceed or finish the game without an internet connection and upload/update.

Again, I don't know as I don't have any of the games that people listed (for the Switch).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Keatah said:

And that's something I hope Amico doesn't become. Some weak-ass PC hybrid.

No one needs to worry about that. 

We don't have the power to even be a weak-ass PC.

:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

I pretty much try to avoid games that require internet download to play. 😎

967250BF-858E-4ACA-9A33-6008B0C844F3.jpeg

• Like 1

What if...

The item we need to tap on the console would be an Intellivision cartridge...  🙄

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes.  There are updates.

Nothing I'm able to talk about or discuss though.

Sorry.

Just reading there are updated that can't be discussed keeps me happy. That means it's still on the table vs never happening.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

What if...

The item we need to tap on the console would be an Intellivision cartridge...  🙄

What if, when you tap on the console with that Cartridge, there was some storage built in and the game would download to it as well?

What if, when all is said and done, we actually own the games even if/when the Amico(1)* servers go offline. As Tommy has told us that he has a plan for that.

* Didn't mean that Amico would have one server.  I assume We'll be on the Amico Di Piu! by then....  Amico More!(Not TM'd in any way) (Tommy feel free to take it!)  Sorry if I butchered the spelling/name.. Google Translate :)

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, woobman said:

What if, when you tap on the console with that Cartridge, there was some storage built in and the game would download to it as well?

What if, when all is said and done, we actually own the games even if/when the Amico(1)* servers go offline. As Tommy has told us that he has a plan for that.

* Didn't mean that Amico would have one server.  I assume We'll be on the Amico Di Piu! by then....  Amico More!(Not TM'd in any way) (Tommy feel free to take it!)  Sorry if I butchered the spelling/name.. Google Translate :)

That would make the sealed collectors mad!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stoke said:

Thanks for the answer.  Yeah, that makes sense.  I guess you could always release standard Amico controllers that use the WiFi channel (or dual channel capability) if there was ever a need. I agree, 8 ships on a screen would be too much.

I’m confused. So you can’t use more than 4 Amico controllers even for party games or baseball where I thought I remember it being up to 8 players ? I need to know since I already pre-ordered 3 extra controllers .

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

There isn't really anything for us to license from Coleco.  They own trademarks of game names... but not the actual properties or game code/design, etc.

Have put Sony & Konami discussions on hold for now as we race towards the finish line for launch.  Being a smaller company, we need to spend 100% of our time focusing on that.

Understood that makes sense! Thank you for clarifying!

Wouldn't That Be Something?

Yay!!! That's awesome, Choplifter is one of my all-time favorites from this era!! Thanks Tommy!!

• Like 5

Coleco doesn't own any of the Epyx stuff... but we had a lot of discussions with the folks that do.

Would definitely like to reimagine some of their stuff!

Okay, I didn't know that.  But I remember you saying you would like to have Gateway to Apshai on Amico if possible.  

• Like 3

I'm confused by your response?  Can you please elaborate.

With all due respect, I didn't "skirt" around anything.  I've mentioned many times why we are holding back certain bits of information.  Because we have exclusive stories/videos lined up with important people.  And we would prefer to have those kinds of things revealed when the rest of the world is watching... not just the hardcore retro crowd who are only a certain smaller percentage of our target audience.

Ok let’s just get this out of the way, Amico is and will be a niche product…nothing wrong with that it can and I hope is still successful as a niche product.

In the next few months before launch…how do you think you’ll obtain the attention of the rest of the world…..when you are being so quiet? You can’t gain attention with silence.

• Like 1

No one needs to worry about that. 

We don't have the power to even be a weak-ass PC.

Well early 2000s u got covered.  Lol

• Haha 4

On 8/1/2021 at 1:03 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question for you...

You don't like the term "Physical Product"?

or do you?

If you don't, can you please let me know how they are not physical products?

Thanks!

I think the term "physical product" is probably about as good as you can do and makes sense.

The fact that you now say that you are no longer using the terms "physical game" or "physical media" is appreciated.

I do think the FAQ section on the website should be updated to "physical product" from what it says now which is "physical game".

Other than that, great job pivoting your description in a better way for everybody.

Thanks for the good communication.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I think the term "physical product" is probably about as good as you can do and makes sense.

The fact that you now say that you are no longer using the terms "physical game" or "physical media" is appreciated.

I do think the FAQ section on the website should be updated to "physical product" from what it says now which is "physical game".

Other than that, great job pivoting your description in a better way for everybody.

Thanks for the good communication.

We aim to please.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, duderino81 said:

Ok let’s just get this out of the way, Amico is and will be a niche product…

A better way to communicate how you feel would have been to say...

"Ok let's just get this out of the way, I personally think that Amico is and will be a niche product..."

That way you don't come across badly. 

Thanks for joining the conversation and I appreciate your continued interest in Amico. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Okay, I didn't know that.  But I remember you saying you would like to have Gateway to Apshai on Amico if possible.  

Heck yeah!  And don't forget TEMPLE of Apshai as well!  :)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

A better way to communicate how you feel would have been to say...

"Ok let's just get this out of the way, I personally think that Amico is and will be a niche product..."

That way you don't come across badly. 

Thanks for joining the conversation and I appreciate your continued interest in Amico. 

It’s pretty much guaranteed to be a niche product. That’s fine, niche products can be successful and thrive. The reason I stated as such is due to your excuse of wanting to wait to tell the whole world versus a smaller “target audience” as you said.

Wether you announce this now, or closer to your alleged October release, the amount of people eager to know will not grow exponentially to be considered “whole world. 

You need to do a better job of communicating how your $250+ console is going to operate when there a few months before it’s released…and you’re not doing that. Companies much larger don’t hold back such minute info as what’s included in a box.

This evening on the Q&A thread...

Q: You need to do a better job at promoting your unreleased product or nobody will buy it, man. You suck at marketing.

A: Thanks! I really appreciate your contribution.

Join us to watch more heroes trying to unmask the evil T. T. in his secret plans to overtake the word.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1

I'm so glad I've picked this thread back up. Some people have to pay money for this level of entertainment!

Also, it's fascinating the hills some choose to "die" on.☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, duderino81 said:

It’s pretty much guaranteed to be a niche product.

Cool!  Folks said the same exact thing about the Wii and Switch so we're in good company.

Thank you for your continued interest in following what we're doing at Intellivision. 

I look forward to sharing more info with you and the rest of the world in the coming months.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Cool!  Folks said the same exact thing about the Wii and Switch so we're in good company.

Thank you for your continued interest in following what we're doing at Intellivision. 

I look forward to sharing more info with you and the rest of the world in the coming months.

So before you made sure I clarified that “I” think it’s a niche product….and now you’re embracing being labeled as niche?

Best of luck on your future delay and continued lack of transparency.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, duderino81 said:

Companies much larger don’t hold back such minute info as what’s included in a box.

Really?  In Jan 2017, people were still speculating on what Nintendo's new cartridges were "rumored to look like," with the system releasing in just 2 months. 

Unrelated --- I wonder if, in the history of ever, has a CEO of any company ever changed their company's plans/vision because some random yay-hoo created an account on an internet site and pretty much immediately started crap-talking, being abrasive, and saying things like "you need to do a better job with..."  

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, duderino81 said:

So before you made sure I clarified that “I” think it’s a niche product….and now you’re embracing being labeled as niche?

index11.jpg.ccfc084819bada4a2299ee48aad110bb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3