Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

Here's a hint, just because someone mentions another company took a similar approach or something similar happened to that said company doesn't mean they are saying they will sell as many consoles as they did.  I think you are putting the cart before the horse here.

I’m not selling Amicos, Wii’s, carts or horses. So let’s get something straight, I’m not putting anything anywhere.

 

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

So let’s get something straight, I’m not putting anything anywhere.

 

😉

Whatever you do in the privacy of your own home is your own business. 

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

I’m not selling Amicos, Wii’s, carts or horses.

That would make for one hell of a unique store.

 

Or maybe just the "beyond" part of "Bed Bath & beyond."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 ore fa, DedXX ha detto:

  Sei alto? Hai suonato la pipa Tommy? Sei pazzo?

 

  Stai mettendo un po' il carro davanti al cavallo Tommy. Buona compagnia con Wii o Switch? Penso che Intellivision Amico sia più in compagnia del tuo Nintendo 64 con speranze e sogni di avere il tuo successo 10% di unità Nintendo Virtual Boy (circa 770.000 unità Virtual Boy). Diamine, sii onesto, sarai fortunato se otterrai questa cosa fuori dalla porta entro ottobre 2021 a questo punto.

 

 

 

 

 

Grazie per esserti unito alla conversazione Tommy e apprezzo il tuo continuo interesse nel cercare di annusare anche i fallimenti di Nintendo.

You are the rudest person I have ever seen writing on this thread

Edited by Crusader71
Error
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed that there are a few participants here, that suffer from the same issues that a few people I know IRL suffer from. Namely the malaise of "I'm right and everyone else is too stupid to see it".

 

A perfect example is my (to my unending irritation) son-in-law. Let me relate one of this paragon's adventures. In the Before Times the Family would regularly gather for BBQ. Now my wife's uncle and I have been running a pit together for quite a few years, and know what works for the ancient brick off-set pit in Grandma's backyard. So, cue up future SIL. This is his first time at a Family gathering meeting Everyone, it's going pretty well right up until he decides to start pointing out the things that we are doing wrong on the pit. Uncle and I share a mildly confused look and go back to "Working the Pit" (OK drinking beer and bullshitting. Smoking brisket is long but not really labor intensive). The subtle hint is lost on this young man. He proceeds to explain in detail that people who "know what they are doing" smoke meat on "real pit" (WTF does that even mean), and turn the meat frequently to get the "MAX smoke flavor". This lunacy continues on in the same vein for a stretch. Folks, by this point I am perplexed, and can feel the beginnings of an epic mad coming on. I'm maintaining some level of composure, but Uncle is the picture of calm. He finally turns to me and says "Some folks have to run into a wall more than once. You can't help them, and it's pointless to get angry. Have another beer."  Genuinely that is the best piece of advice I've ever received.  

 

So remember kids, some folks just want to be "RIGHT" so badly, that there is no room in their world for anything else.

 

Also-

BBQ.thumb.jpg.a1bd557f0357e79567c6d3b10bb76c3f.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get some of the arguments from people who have read the specs. On paper.. Not a powerhouse by any means.  I hate to keep comparing them, but almost every Nintendo console and handheld ever.

 

On paper the PSP blew the doors off of the DS. But it didn't

On paper the Vita blew the doors off of the 3DS. Not here either.

On paper the ps3/xbox360 dusted the Wii... But they didn't.. 

We'll skip over the WiiU...

The switch has already almost doubled the xbox one sales and rapidly approaching the PS4. all with a mobile processor that is used in the older Shield TV that can be purchased on ebay for $80-150. (Or 400 as there is always that one person on ebay who thinks people are stupid).

 

Conversely:

The playdate seems to be the darling of some people. It looks VERY under powered by today's standards. And a black and white screen. don't think Street Fighter or GTA will be playable any time soon. (But I'm sure a version of doom will be as doom can be played on just about anything). But it does look like it could be fun.

 

It's all about the games. Not the specs. If the games are fun... Who cares what CPU/GPU is under the hood? When I play the Amico version of Tempest, will it be a fun game? I sure hope so. If it gets delayed again. Not ideal.. But this last year has not been ideal. 

 

Could this be a niche product? Yes. How big is that Niche? Could be huge.. Could be not so huge.  Either way I'm ok with that. I'd prefer it to be bigger, that way I get more games. For example I consider 1up Arcade a Niche product. But they have sold over 1million units. Mostly very low powered ARM boards that emulate 1 to a few games. I am tempted by a few games from them..  The announced Tron looks amazing.. 

 

That leads me to the complaint of price by some. Look at Arcade 1up again - To play 3games on a low powered emulation board and a pretty box and an OK screen with OK controls, you shell out $450.00. That is the cheapest I've seen Mortal Kombat cabinet. To be fair, they do have $200.00 cabinets. But you are still paying $200.00 to only play a few games and the above stuff.  Some people say "Wow.. nope". While others will say .. Mortal Kombat?!?!?  A deal at twice the price. (Currently what others are selling it at).  Just a few short years ago, who would have thought there was 100k people that would purchase their cabs.  Let alone over 1 million. And still going strong.  I love them and eventually, when I can find the room, I will get one or two. (or more). 

 

See my list of systems that I own. Not all were multi million sellers. Heck most weren't. But each one has at least that one game that I love to play.  Making that system worth the price of getting it. I think the same will hold true for the Amico.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jsmith73 said:

I have noticed that there are a few participants here, that suffer from the same issues that a few people I know IRL suffer from. Namely the malaise of "I'm right and everyone else is too stupid to see it".

 

A perfect example is my (to my unending irritation) son-in-law. Let me relate one of this paragon's adventures. In the Before Times the Family would regularly gather for BBQ. Now my wife's uncle and I have been running a pit together for quite a few years, and know what works for the ancient brick off-set pit in Grandma's backyard. So, cue up future SIL. This is his first time at a Family gathering meeting Everyone, it's going pretty well right up until he decides to start pointing out the things that we are doing wrong on the pit. Uncle and I share a mildly confused look and go back to "Working the Pit" (OK drinking beer and bullshitting. Smoking brisket is long but not really labor intensive). The subtle hint is lost on this young man. He proceeds to explain in detail that people who "know what they are doing" smoke meat on "real pit" (WTF does that even mean), and turn the meat frequently to get the "MAX smoke flavor". This lunacy continues on in the same vein for a stretch. Folks, by this point I am perplexed, and can feel the beginnings of an epic mad coming on. I'm maintaining some level of composure, but Uncle is the picture of calm. He finally turns to me and says "Some folks have to run into a wall more than once. You can't help them, and it's pointless to get angry. Have another beer."  Genuinely that is the best piece I've ever received.  

 

So remember kids, some folks just want to be "RIGHT" so badly, that there is no room in their world for anything else.

 

Also-

BBQ.thumb.jpg.a1bd557f0357e79567c6d3b10bb76c3f.jpg

Barney Gumble burp | Meme Generator

More eloquent buuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp than I'll ever be.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, woobman said:

Barney Gumble burp | Meme Generator

More eloquent buuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp than I'll ever be.

Thank you kindly, sir. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the specs.   Release the thing so we can see if its fun or not. I dont believe smiling faces on youtube wether its fun or not.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Forget the specs.   Release the thing so we can see if its fun or not. I dont believe smiling faces on youtube wether its fun or not.

What do you care when they release it?

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swami said:

What do you care when they release it?


Well, Ive preordered it and its a year later than supposed to have been, and I want to play the new Night Stalker for starters. 
 

What about you?

 

edit: ultimately, in the grand scheme of life it doesnt matter when it releases. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to let folks in here know (because it's been a recent topic lately) that Koch and Amazon have now unlisted our physical products as CODE IN A BOX because they didn't want people to get confused and think that it was a code in a box.

 

:)

 

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/de_DE/productdetail.html?id=1068738&nav1=HWACC

 

https://www.amazon.de/Intellivision-Amico-Biplanes-Code-Box/dp/B095HWP8X7/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=GRJSJF9SFFMS&dchild=1&keywords=intellivision+amico+Biplanes&qid=1628002493&sprefix=Intellivision+%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, duderino81 said:

I would consider a few hundred thousand to 500k as niche.

 

 

This won’t move 250k


Looking forward to proving you wrong.

:)


Thank you for continuing to follow and contribute to the thread. 

 

Naysayers welcome as long as you can keep it civil and respectful to everyone here.

 

 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rev said:


Well, Ive preordered it and its a year later than supposed to have been, and I want to play the new Night Stalker for starters. 
 

What about you?

I don’t. I’m used to homebrew timelines so this doesn’t phase me. And I rarely order consoles until they’ve been out a while. Various wackos have soured me on the Switch so I won’t be ordering that at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Swami said:

I don’t. I’m used to homebrew timelines so this doesn’t phase me. And I rarely order consoles until they’ve been out a while. Various wackos have soured me on the Switch so I won’t be ordering that at all. 


Well thats a shame you let people influence about purchasing the Switch, which many hardcore and casuals alike agree its a great system. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one else seems to be asking this question. (Not gonna go back and read this thread)

 

Tommy, is Intellivision Amico releasing on 10/10/2021?

Edited by Rev
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Just wanted to let folks in here know (because it's been a recent topic lately) that Koch and Amazon have now unlisted our physical products as CODE IN A BOX because they didn't want people to get confused and think that it was a code in a box.

 

:)

 

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/de_DE/productdetail.html?id=1068738&nav1=HWACC

 

https://www.amazon.de/Intellivision-Amico-Biplanes-Code-Box/dp/B095HWP8X7/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=GRJSJF9SFFMS&dchild=1&keywords=intellivision+amico+Biplanes&qid=1628002493&sprefix=Intellivision+%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

After seeing these listings for Canada and Europe Amazon, it begs the question, when will Amazon US be listing their Amico products?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rev said:


Well thats a shame you let people influence about purchasing the Switch, which many hardcore and casuals alike agree its a great system. 

I don’t care much and would rather not have to run shoulders with that Nintendo sort on this forum. I have a Famicom, SNES, five Wii’s and a Wii U. I like my Xbox 360 and Xbox one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rev said:


Well thats a shame you let people influence about purchasing the Switch, which many hardcore and casuals alike agree its a great system. 


But you just told him "people shouldn't believe smiling faces on Youtube whether its fun or not."

:)

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


But you just told him "people shouldn't believe smiling faces on Youtube whether its fun or not."

:)

 


Haha!  But im sure there is alot of angry faces on those hardcore gamers faces. Just sayin

 

edit: Well he actually said wackos, so that is likely not “smiling faces” 

 

😜

Edited by Rev
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Swami said:

I don’t care much and would rather not have to run shoulders with that Nintendo sort on this forum. I have a Famicom, SNES, five Wii’s and a Wii U. I like my Xbox 360 and Xbox one. 

I'm mostly a PC gamer and Flight Simmer, but I do find the Switch to be a lot of fun, easy to use and learn.  I'm expecting the same from the Amico...a nice change from having to snap my Sabre in a tight rudder turn, switch to guns and get an angle on a Mig before I break my wings off...or pass out.  Lol. 

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rev said:


Haha!  But im sure there is alot of angry faces on those hardcore gamers faces. Just sayin

 

edit: Well he actually said wackos, so that is likely not “smiling faces” 

 

😜

Wackos probably smile a lot

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I'm mostly a PC gamer and Flight Simmer, but I do find the Switch to be a lot of fun, easy to use and learn.  I'm expecting the same from the Amico...a nice change from have to snap a tight rudder turn, switch to guns and get an angle before I break my wings off...or pass out.  Lol. 

I should clarify the arrogant, condescending, 2nd gen bashing sort. Not the run of the mill sort. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swami said:

I should clarify the arrogant, condescending, 2nd gen bashing sort. Not the run of the mill sort. 

Ya lost me here... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...