Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Ya lost me here... 

You’d have to be there at the beginning of the ColecoVision Phoenix  and Amico on this forum. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh...deep rooted stuff.  Gotcha.  

 

The old ColecoVision. Loved the games...hates the controller.  I Broke so many I had to learn new ways to fix them.  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swami said:

You’d have to be there at the beginning of the ColecoVision Phoenix  and Amico on this forum. 

 

you could also see any pat & ian video bashing amico without actually having played the damn thing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure we will get a confirmation of an October release or a delay before August 10th (2 months before the current release date) of course it would have to be in production now to have any hope for an October release. 

Edited by Cranker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I figure we will get a confirmation of an October release or a delay before August 10th (2 months before the current release date)

 

Count on it.  Aiming for this week for an update.

 

 

11 minutes ago, Cranker said:

of course it would have to be in production now to have any hope for an October release. 


Not necessarily.  If we can secure the parts and assemble smaller quantitites in-house or close-by (Texas, Utah, etc.) we would save the 6 - 8 week travel time from China.  (Ordering smaller quantity parts from China can be flown or FedEx'd).

As Nick Richards had mentioned a few weeks ago in a few of his interviews.... we have multiple different options potentially available to us still and all with different lead times and costs (the lower the unit production the much HIGHER the cost).

Rest assured we are turning over every possible stone we can.  No one wants it out there more than we do!

 

 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Count on it.  Aiming for this week for an update.

 

 


Not necessarily.  If we can secure the parts and assemble smaller quantitites in-house or close-by (Texas, Utah, etc.) we would save the 6 - 8 week travel time from China.  (Ordering smaller quantity parts from China can be flown or FedEx'd).

As Nick Richards had mentioned a few weeks ago in a few of his interviews.... we have multiple different options potentially available to us still and all with different lead times and costs (the lower the unit production the much HIGHER the cost).

Rest assured we are turning over every possible stone we can.  No one wants it out there more than we do!

 

 

Yes please 🙏

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for Tommy - if 20 games are in their final stages of development, then why haven’t you shown us footage of these games? At this stage they are ‘show room’ ready, at least for a short reveal trailer.

 

Edit: The reveal trailer you’ve been showing for the past year doesn’t show all 20 of these alleged titles.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

I have a question for Tommy - if 20 games are in their final stages of development, then why haven’t you shown us footage of these games? At this stage they are ‘show room’ ready, at least for a short reveal trailer.

 

Edit: The reveal trailer you’ve been showing for the past year doesn’t show all 20 of these alleged titles.

I believe it is like he has said several times, they are waiting for the week of release to blitz. The whole "you have to start now" has been going on for two years.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, duderino81 said:

At least you knew a cartridge was in the box….Tommy is holding back what’s in the box. For no other reason than because once he announces it…it’ll be disappointing.

Richard Cranium

 

That is all I can say about this dud e rino

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Count on it.  Aiming for this week for an update.

 

 


Not necessarily.  If we can secure the parts and assemble smaller quantitites in-house or close-by (Texas, Utah, etc.) we would save the 6 - 8 week travel time from China.  (Ordering smaller quantity parts from China can be flown or FedEx'd).

As Nick Richards had mentioned a few weeks ago in a few of his interviews.... we have multiple different options potentially available to us still and all with different lead times and costs (the lower the unit production the much HIGHER the cost).

Rest assured we are turning over every possible stone we can.  No one wants it out there more than we do!

 

 

If so, will it say 'Assembled in the US' or Mexico etc?

And wouldn't you be taking a massive massive loss on each unit?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swami said:

I believe it is like he has said several times, they are waiting for the week of release to blitz. The whole "you have to start now" has been going on for two years.

I appreciate the clarification, Swami. I am very interested in the Amico and what it will bring to the table as a console. I can’t speak for the others, of course, but my only intention is to make sure that my money will be well-spent the day I pickup my Amico. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gwald said:

If so, will it say 'Assembled in the US' or Mexico etc?

And wouldn't you be taking a massive massive loss on each unit?

Dam you...  Now people will have to collect even more consoles!  ;) 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2021 at 7:34 AM, Silverbot said:

 

Apologies for quoting you.  But I can't seem to get it to clear from my browser

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the games shown in the manufacturing video, like Moon Patrol, Missile Command, Dynablaster, etc.... Are those games 100% finished now, or you guys still tweaking and polishing them?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

If we can secure the parts and assemble smaller quantitites in-house or close-by (Texas, Utah, etc.) we would save the 6 - 8 week travel time from China.  (Ordering smaller quantity parts from China can be flown or FedEx'd).


As Nick Richards had mentioned a few weeks ago in a few of his interviews.... we have multiple different options potentially available to us still and all with different lead times and costs (the lower the unit production the much HIGHER the cost).

Rest assured we are turning over every possible stone we can.  No one wants it out there more than we do!

 

 

This is really good news. By far the best thing I've read in here since pre-ordering the Founder's Edition back in January 2020.

 

I understand that there have been a lot of unexpected roadblocks over the last year and a half, but it's great to hear you guys are working hard, finding alternate routes and doing everything you can to meet the launch date. Thank you.

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ex_Mosquito said:

Not on a console 3 months from launch and delayed a year from release already, no. You’re asking people to pre-order it without all the info. What is so ground breaking about it to keep it secret? Care to share another videogame console release that has used this “hype building” strategy?

 

It’s bizarre. 

Another great first post. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, duderino81 said:

 

 

What are you skirting around the question Tommy?

 

Informing thousands of patrons what’s inside the box of games you wish to sell to them in 3 months is something anyone should be doing in good faith.

 

There is nothing you can put in that box that will break the internet once revealed….just be up front with your patrons.

 

 

 

Millions > Thousands 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swami said:

I don’t care much and would rather not have to run shoulders with that Nintendo sort on this forum. I have a Famicom, SNES, five Wii’s and a Wii U. I like my Xbox 360 and Xbox one. 

Good choice of consoles. The Wii U is fantastic. A lot of the Nintendo brand hits on the Switch are ported Wii U games. The biggest gripe I have is, I can't find a decent replacement battery for the tablet. I've purchased two from different venders on eBay and they were both duds. They only last about 45 minutes to an hour on a full charge.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, Rev said:


Actually wasnt a joke.   You know the Intellivision collectors, as you are one!   Tell me you arent contemplating buying more than one code box.  One to open, one to keep on the shelf.    😎

You shut your dirty mouth! 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Looking forward to proving you wrong.

:)


Thank you for continuing to follow and contribute to the thread. 

 

Naysayers welcome as long as you can keep it civil and respectful to everyone here.

 

 

 

I feel you're being too kind...personally I'm tired of these asshats who have been signing up to shit talk the system and tell you and IE how to run your business from the word go on their first, and all subsequent posts. I have zero issue with anyone who doesn't like the sound of this system and wants to set up an "I hate the Amico" FB group or Subreddit. Totally your right to do so.
 

What I do take issue with is people coming to a fan forum to crap on something that most of us are really excited about, and just want to see a fun sounding system be successful that we can hopefully play with our family and friends.
 

Seeing the videos of the pre and post Crayola event and the group of folks from across the US meeting up and hanging out while having a blast playing this system reminded me of the great Intellivision community we've created here and what a great time we've had at CGE's and PRGE's over the years.
 

I'm looking forward to building that same sort of community around the Amico and making friends with like minded folk from around the world that I can nerd out with. 
 

If that's not what these folks are looking to do then maybe they should go away and shit on things elsewhere. My 2 cents. 
Full disclosure, I have preordered a metric ton of these things for myself and my family and definitely qualify as an Amico fanboy, which I view as a positive term. 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I feel you're being too kind...personally I'm tired of these asshats who have been signing up to shit talk the system and tell you and IE how to run your business from the word go on their first, and all subsequent posts. I have zero issue with anyone who doesn't like the sound of this system and wants to set up an "I hate the Amico" FB group or Subreddit. Totally your right to do so.
 

What I do take issue with is people coming to a fan forum to crap on something that most of us are really excited about, and just want to see a fun sounding system be successful that we can hopefully play with our family and friends.
 

Seeing the videos of the pre and post Crayola event and the group of folks from across the US meeting up and hanging out while having a blast playing this system reminded me of the great Intellivision community we've created here and what a great time we've had at CGE's and PRGE's over the years.
 

I'm looking forward to building that same sort of community around the Amico and making friends with like minded folk from around the world that I can nerd out with. 
 

If that's not what these folks are looking to do then maybe they should go away and shit on things elsewhere. My 2 cents. 
Full disclosure, I have preordered a metric ton of these things for myself and my family and definitely qualify as an Amico fanboy, which I view as a positive term. 

Amen! Huzzah! Preach! Wish I could have said it as well myself! Thank You for standing up for what this group has meant to me since I joined, and what I come here for, and what I hope it will continue to do in the future!

 

B

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I feel you're being too kind...personally I'm tired of these asshats who have been signing up to shit talk the system and tell you and IE how to run your business from the word go on their first, and all subsequent posts. I have zero issue with anyone who doesn't like the sound of this system and wants to set up an "I hate the Amico" FB group or Subreddit. Totally your right to do so.
 

What I do take issue with is people coming to a fan forum to crap on something that most of us are really excited about, and just want to see a fun sounding system be successful that we can hopefully play with our family and friends.
 

Seeing the videos of the pre and post Crayola event and the group of folks from across the US meeting up and hanging out while having a blast playing this system reminded me of the great Intellivision community we've created here and what a great time we've had at CGE's and PRGE's over the years.
 

I'm looking forward to building that same sort of community around the Amico and making friends with like minded folk from around the world that I can nerd out with. 
 

If that's not what these folks are looking to do then maybe they should go away and shit on things elsewhere. My 2 cents. 
Full disclosure, I have preordered a metric ton of these things for myself and my family and definitely qualify as an Amico fanboy, which I view as a positive term. 

That's a better expression of my feelings, also. If you want to talk about how you think brand X sucks compared to brand Y you are an obvious fanboy of, go do it in brand Y subforum or page. Otherwise, why go to brand X subforum, thread or page just to tell them your favorite console is better than theirs for whatever supposed, subjective reason and then get mad when they criticize Brand Y. Brand Y is better because it may sell better than brand X? Well, then McDonald's food is better than the five star barbeques in Kansas City, I guess. Or McDonald's is better than KFC for everyone. Everyone should get a 2020 Honda Civic rather than a Tesla Model X or 1967 Chevy Impala. You don't like Tommy? Maybe a lot of people don't like you.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...