Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

29 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

Nothing on that list screams must buy for me which is a real shame. Intelivision centric game like cloudy Mountain and Nightstalker will be bought day one regardless of what's inside it. I honestly can't understand why games like this and any of the imagic titles are not available at launch ... despite what anyone says 

They have lots of games based on retro titles, including some popular arcade games.  Some are complaining too many others are complaining not enough, but they are all new games. Imagic games were overrated, but that's just my opinion.  Amico Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain might not be available day one, but they might be available soon after.  Additional games said to release one every two weeks or less after the console does.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JasperAK said:

I'm willing to bet that it's not his first post. 😎

Haha! Likely true facts 

27 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They have lots of games based on retro titles, including some popular arcade games.  Some are complaining too many others are complaining not enough, but they are all new games. Imagic games were overrated, but that's just my opinion.  Amico Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain might not be available day one, but they might be available soon after.  Additional games said to release one every two weeks or less after the console does.

I've got no complaints. Artwork and boxes are looking great and as a collector they tick all the boxes for me but none of that screams intellivision. Had to include 1 of the classics I mentioned at launch.

I'll let the imagic comment slide this time but be careful 😆 Microsurgeon, Atlantic, demon attack, beauty and the beast etc etc. That's just the tip.of the iceberg, so over rated 👀 

Those particularly bug me though as they were mentioned in both the reveal and the E3 videos but there's absolutely nothing but the logo as proof of concept. I mean that 2-3 years gap between the 2 videos so there must be something to atleast show. Let's be fare this was only there for 50 year old neck beards like me. 

2 hours ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I guess Koch media is trying to be open and honest with their potential customers so it is a good thing.

And it seems that the Amico Lovers were correct that it is not just a code in box.

It is now confirmed by Koch that it is a code on a gift card in a box.

Sounds so awesome, Enjoy those physical product gift cards!

And before you say, "but it can be renewed and sold or traded so it is the best thing in the world" 

Nobody should really care that it can sold or traded because the Amico Lovers buying these amazing gift cards will never part with them anyway.

Why are you here? Maybe go fight with people elsewhere. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I feel you're being too kind...personally I'm tired of these asshats who have been signing up to shit talk the system and tell you and IE how to run your business from the word go on their first, and all subsequent posts. I have zero issue with anyone who doesn't like the sound of this system and wants to set up an "I hate the Amico" FB group or Subreddit. Totally your right to do so.

What I do take issue with is people coming to a fan forum to crap on something that most of us are really excited about, and just want to see a fun sounding system be successful that we can hopefully play with our family and friends.

Seeing the videos of the pre and post Crayola event and the group of folks from across the US meeting up and hanging out while having a blast playing this system reminded me of the great Intellivision community we've created here and what a great time we've had at CGE's and PRGE's over the years.

I'm looking forward to building that same sort of community around the Amico and making friends with like minded folk from around the world that I can nerd out with. 

If that's not what these folks are looking to do then maybe they should go away and shit on things elsewhere. My 2 cents. 
Full disclosure, I have preordered a metric ton of these things for myself and my family and definitely qualify as an Amico fanboy, which I view as a positive term. 

@cmart604 dude this is bang on, I have been saying the same thing on my channel since the beginning.  I am a fan of what Amico will be, do not come to my channel expecting me to be negative or disparage the upcoming Amico console. Tommy gets enough of this shyte from people already and he and the team at INtellivsion do not deserve that level of vitriol.  On my channel I treat every system the same way, If I talk about a game, or system it is because I am a FAN of it period.  I will never add negative fuel to the fire on the VCS, the Evercade, Amico, Polymega, playdate, Egret II or  Switch as I like all of them... plus there are countless other channels that do that.... Cmart,  lunch soon right? on me!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Why are you here? Maybe go fight with people elsewhere. 

I am not fighting with anyone.

Just interesting fun discussion, don't let it bother you.

We can agree to disagree.

I am hoping for the Amico to succeed but that does not mean that I am going to blindly and unquestionably love everything they do like some people who absolutely love everything IE does and says.

Edited by Bonkey Kong

Yeah, I actually like the look of the new Amico boxes. They look great. Really great. 

But to have Pete hate on the boxes in that video on Monday was a little discouraging. 

Doesnt Pete know that spreading hate and misinformation and having a different opinion, and expressing that opinion is not tolerated around here?

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, OEB_Pete said:

trashing, seriously that is how you viewed me preferring plastics clamshells over cardboard... any collector in their right mind know that Cardboard does not hold up to wear and tear lie Plastic.... oh well thanks for watching....

You voiced your dislike for them. some people call that “trashing”. 😜😜😜🤓

Wait a minute.  Plastic cases absolutely DO get wear and tear. The plastic cases get scuffed up even with normal use and even sitting on a shelf. 

Wear and tear depend on the owner. 

I have intellivision games from late 70s that are in better condition than gamecube games. 

Edited by Rev

Almost lost in all the hater posting is the fact Tommy said they're aiming for THIS WEEK for update on launch plans.  That has me excited....

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

You voiced your dislike for them. some people call that “trashing”. 😜😜😜🤓

I just disliked the choice of cardboard... LOL  

• Like 1

Just now, OEB_Pete said:

I just disliked the choice of cardboard... LOL  

Well then, welcome to the Amico Trashers Haters Club, you are now an official hater.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So excited and proud to announce that Intellivision Amico made it as a finalist in the prestigious Octane High Tech Awards for BEST CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION!!

Congrats to our passionate and talented team at Intellivision for all of their incredibly hard work! We can't wait for people to play what so many people have helped to create during some very challenging times.

• Like 27

1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
So excited and proud to announce that Intellivision Amico made it as a finalist in the prestigious Octane High Tech Awards for BEST CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION!!

Congrats to our passionate and talented team at Intellivision for all of their incredibly hard work! We can't wait for people to play what so many people have helped to create during some very challenging times.

Well done Tommy.  This is awesome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tommy himself says “naysayers” are welcome. 

And it looks like everyone is keeping it civil. Which would be blantant namecalling and personal insults. 

This is a public forum. And i thought that meant open to the public. 

Echo chambers do not foster creativity. 

104DCF92-AB3C-4C4B-92B2-E622CE8620EE.jpeg

Great news on the potenial award Tommy and team Amico.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Congrats Tommy and team Intellivision!  Looking forward to more great news in the weeks and months ahead!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zee said:

Almost lost in all the hater posting is the fact Tommy said they're aiming for THIS WEEK for update on launch plans.  That has me excited....

What haters are you referring to?  Please name them and provide the hateful statements. 

14 minutes ago, Rev said:

Tommy himself says “naysayers” are welcome. 

Trolling is not.

:D

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, OEB_Pete said:

@cmart604 dude this is bang on, I have been saying the same thing on my channel since the beginning.  I am a fan of what Amico will be, do not come to my channel expecting me to be negative or disparage the upcoming Amico console. Tommy gets enough of this shyte from people already and he and the team at INtellivsion do not deserve that level of vitriol.  On my channel I treat every system the same way, If I talk about a game, or system it is because I am a FAN of it period.  I will never add negative fuel to the fire on the VCS, the Evercade, Amico, Polymega, playdate, Egret II or  Switch as I like all of them... plus there are countless other channels that do that.... Cmart,  lunch soon right? on me!

I happen to think your comments were spot on and maybe just maybe that's exactly the sort of issue that could have been sorted by talking it through with supporters or those lucky enough to have played the system already. Either way I'll still collect them when better games show up.

But being reasonably new to the debate I feel calling people asshats or saying they're talking shyte isn't going to resolve people's concerns if their genuine. It's simply unnecessaryily stoking the fire. And on that front I will take back my dumb comment about the marketing people but question  their decision making promise. I apologise for that 😔

I also get what your saying about loving what the Amico will eventually become. But if your going to take pre orders as a company by hyping up the retro angle to 50 year old like me and announce loads of games and developers in a reveal video, then you've got to come up with at least some of them at launch.

Heck even the atari games being mentioned didn't appear on the original intelivision but others such as centipede did so there's no logic to even that strategy. 

I may be an asshat and I often talk shyte but having paid my £249 ( yes the full amount as I was required too ) these are genuine concerns. There are plenty more non Haters who are also curious so please don't say we should not ask questions. 

As far as I'm aware this particular board isn't called the Amico lovers board either so perhaps you would like to go away and set that up!!

Edited by Jetsream1969
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Great Job Tommy and Company!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

But if your going to take pre orders as a company by hyping up the retro angle to 50 year old like me and announce loads of games and developers in a reveal video, then  you've got to come up with at least some of them at launch.

To clarify, we've said over the past couple of years that Retro Reimagined is only a portion of what Amico is about.  Our very first trailer was launched at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and to a small portion of folks at the time who were following us because of the original Intellivision.

Retro Reimagined games only make up 20% of our library. 

That being said... the games that we have shown footage for and will be available at launch and for months after post-launch are...

Moon Patrol
Breakout
SNAFOO
Biplanes
Battle Tanks
Skiing
Astrosmash
PONG
Shark! Shark!
Missile Command
Major League Baseball
Bomb Squad
Asteroids
Night Stalker
Cloudy Mountain

That's 15 games!

You challenged us to "at least come up with some of them at launch".

Would you agree that 15 completely exclusive and retro reimagined titles is more than enough for our launch and post launch?  Especially considering we have 4 other important categories to fill as well?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

But being reasonably new to the debate I feel calling people asshats or saying they're talking shyte isn't going to resolve people's concerns if their genuine. It's simply unnecessaryily stoking the fire. And on that front I will take back my dumb comment about the marketing people but question  their decision making promise. I apologise for that 😔

I appreciate it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

😉

For the record... I wasn't referring to you.

:)

• Like 1