Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Looks to me like all the name calling and insults are from the harcore Amico fans. Just sayin

Wow I honestly didn't expect this. People being called names and being accused of being fascists about a games console without rebuke.  wow ... WOW.

There sure are some goofy Don's on here 🙄

Edited by Jetsream1969

1 hour ago, Jetsream1969 said:

These were in your reveal video which has more views than any other from your channel. You decided to highlight them knowing ot would attract a certain demographic.T

I'm not trying to cause trouble or bust your balls but you can't specifically reveal said titles and not deliver them when all the other games you havr mentioned have miraculously been developed In those 2 years. 

Will they see the light of day and again what's the timetable. You cab surely see this is an issue for me ? 

Hi,

I don't believe you are trying to bust my balls... I think?

:)

The video you are referring to was our first one ever and almost 3 years old.  There were a few things in that video that have since changed.  We actually list them all in the description of the video.

That being said... yes... we have the rights and licenses to all of those games.  But we are not currently making all of them.  We don't have the capacity to be making hundreds of games while creating and launching the hardware as well (I wish we did!!).  The fact that we have over 50 games in development from some incredible developers for a console that isn't out yet is already a pretty amazing feat.  What we did is figured out which games we thought would be best suited for our overall target market and which could showcase our unique controller and that would have the best co-op/mulitplayer experiences.  Once we came up with that list we sat down with a lot of our developers and asked them which games THEY would be most passionate about creating and why.  THAT is how you get a great game!  I've worked on hundreds of games with thousands of different people... I've worked on some of the biggest selling games and franchises of all time... and I've worked on the worst.  And I can tell you first hand that the games that had the most passionate teams on them... ALWAYS were the best and most fun to play.

If you are disappointed with our current offerings and line up... it's totally understandable.  If you would like a refund on your pre-order because of it... it's also understandable and of course will be honored.

I just wanted to give you a little bit more information as to how and why our current line-up of Retro Reimagined games were chosen and developed.

Aside from the list I mentioned in my post, I'm not really comfortable at this point giving any kind of timelines on anything as we are 100% focused on our launch and all of the 50+ games we are currently working on.

Thanks for your honest feedback.  I wish I could please everyone, but fully understand and appreciate that I can't.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Yall have fun. Im leaving the Amico forums for a while on my own accord. Before I say something to friends that I regret.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh and if you want to kick people out just because they may be new to the forum or who want to ask questions then go ahead I guess. I mean maybe the guy previously mentioned might see the irony in that ... although I doubt it !

That's the exact opposite of what I actually said.  I was clearly referring to "new users who make it clear that they've signed up here specifically to cause trouble."  Users who are merely "new to the forum or who want to ask questions" would not be in that category, so they would not be kicked out "just because" of that reason.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

Only one of those titles were actually mentioned in the reveal video. U know the one that was made to reveal the system to the General public. The one that has more views than any other. 

12 were and 10 have never been mentioned again...

Although there are some decent games on your list the 4 "launch window titles" are absolutely killers and one of them should be ready to go after a year's delay. 

I'm not being greedy, just one of them would keep me happy on launch day and the rest can be rationed out over the next 6-9 months without criticism from sensible people.

Talking of greed it was mentioned in one particular podcast from an employer that 10 dollar maximum will be a struggle to keep and that this is only guaranteed for launch titles. Hmm surely that's not why they are not launch titles 🤔

As an old school Intellivision fan, of course Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are my killer apps!  Wish they were launch day, but I think they are scheduled to release before the end of the year (assuming the system launches this year).  I'm also a huge Asteroids fan, so I can't wait for that one as well.

For launch day games, man Skiing looks super fun to me!  Astrosmash and Shark! Shark! are also looking like great fun, and all three come with the system!

I will say though that the old Imagic games are some of my favorites too, and having Dracula, Demon Attack, Beauty and the Beast, and Dragonfire would be amazing--sooner, rather than later!

Edited by Noah98
Typos
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Jetsream1969 said:

Agreed so someone have a word with the guy who has been suggesting someone else is a fascist or is making fascist statements. It would appear he's posted on here quite alot !!

Oh and if you want to kick people out just because they may be new to the forum or who want to ask questions then go ahead I guess. I mean maybe the guy previously mentioned might see the irony in that ... although I doubt it !

I never said anyone was. I said it would be crossing the line to act like that. You disagree? Now your accusing me of things I didn’t say. I also said i’d Retract it if you would not be rude. I guess a more accurate word would be draconian or perhaps officious and superior. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Looks to me like all the name calling and insults are from the harcore Amico fans. Just sayin

You couldn't be more wrong. Go back through the hundreds of pages and see how many times people make posts that are faux concerns at best, low key trolling realistically, and in many cases just straight up shit talking.

If someone has genuine questions or concerns I think that's awesome and I'm happy to have discussions with folks that honestly want to find out more about the Amico and may be under the wrong impression about certain things about the console. I have all the time in the world for that, but zero time for asshats who clearly have signed up on AA just to trash the Amico. If you're not interested in it or hate it, that's cool, just don't come and post about it. Go find the thing you're totally into and nerd out with like minded people. 

Just to be clear, the last paragraph was not directed at Rev, as I love him like brother. 😂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

20 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

Only one of those titles were actually mentioned in the reveal video. U know the one that was made to reveal the system to the General public. The one that has more views than any other. 

12 were and 10 have never been mentioned again...

Although there are some decent games on your list the 4 "launch window titles" are absolutely killers and one of them should be ready to go after a year's delay. 

I'm not being greedy, just one of them would keep me happy on launch day and the rest can be rationed out over the next 6-9 months without criticism from sensible people.

Talking of greed it was mentioned in one particular podcast from an employer that 10 dollar maximum will be a struggle to keep and that this is only guaranteed for launch titles. Hmm surely that's not why they are not launch titles 🤔

I think most were mentioned in that video.  They said remaking Intellivision games and Atari games and showed images of the games.  The press release that came out at the same time names Intellivision and Atari games by title.  No Asteroids at launch but we do have Missile Command, don't see why Breakout shouldn't be ready around launch.  I assume you're not looking for Tropical Angel or Motorace USA.

Night Stalker might not be a launch game because the name doesn't fit the family friendly marketing they have planned.  Or maybe it is a game that should be priced at $11.99 rather than $9.99.  Until Amico hits the market they have the right to change anything they see fit including the price of games and launch titles.  If it doesn't suit you, you don't have to buy the console, but if some games are priced higher we're only talking a few dollars.  Some complain that low prices restrict developers, others complain just because things change.  Considering how the world has changed over the last sixteen months, changes shouldn't be surprising.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hey @Tommy Tallarico, I appreciate you answering questions even from those who may not be interested in the console or are on the fence as you have since the opening of this thread. It's why I like to tailor my own queries to benefit the consumer.

So about the whole RFID card thing or whatever ends up being the "physical" representation of the "game". Can you explain how "ownership" works with the games? Are purchases tied to your email/account, the console itself or another authentication method? Secondly, as you aware with modern internet connected consoles, servers supporting those consoles may hit end of life status. Will all Amico games purchased digitally and physically work without internet? No internet would also mean not being able to login to an ownership account leading back to how purchases are tied.

Thanks for any information.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, romeoteknik said:

Hey @Tommy Tallarico, I appreciate you answering questions even from those who may not be interested in the console or are on the fence as you have since the opening of this thread. It's why I like to tailor my own queries to benefit the consumer.

So about the whole RFID card thing or whatever ends up being the "physical" representation of the "game". Can you explain how "ownership" works with the games? Are purchases tied to your email/account, the console itself or another authentication method? Secondly, as you aware with modern internet connected consoles, servers supporting those consoles may hit end of life status. Will all Amico games purchased digitally and physically work without internet? No internet would also mean not being able to login to an ownership account leading back to how purchases are tied.

Thanks for any information.

Thank you for your post.  All fantastic questions which I look forward to sharing with folks over the next few months.

It's not something we are able to discus at this point because of exclusivity and our marketing partners.

I will say this... everyone is going to be very happy and excited about how we are approaching our physical products.

Thanks again for the interest and I'm sorry I couldn't give you a more detailed answer at this time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi,

I don't believe you are trying to bust my balls... I think?

The video you are referring to was our first one ever and almost 3 years old.  There were a few things in that video that have since changed.  We actually list them all in the description of the video.

That being said... yes... we have the rights and licenses to all of those games.  But we are not currently making all of them.  We don't have the capacity to be making hundreds of games while creating and launching the hardware as well (I wish we did!!).  The fact that we have over 50 games in development from some incredible developers for a console that isn't out yet is already a pretty amazing feat.  What we did is figured out which games we thought would be best suited for our overall target market and which could showcase our unique controller and that would have the best co-op/mulitplayer experiences.  Once we came up with that list we sat down with a lot of our developers and asked them which games THEY would be most passionate about creating and why.  THAT is how you get a great game!  I've worked on hundreds of games with thousands of different people... I've worked on some of the biggest selling games and franchises of all time... and I've worked on the worst.  And I can tell you first hand that the games that had the most passionate teams on them... ALWAYS were the best and most fun to play.

If you are disappointed with our current offerings and line up... it's totally understandable.  If you would like a refund on your pre-order because of it... it's also understandable and of course will be honored.

I just wanted to give you a little bit more information as to how and why our current line-up of Retro Reimagined games were chosen and developed.

Aside from the list I mentioned in my post, I'm not really comfortable at this point giving any kind of timelines on anything as we are 100% focused on our launch and all of the 50+ games we are currently working on.

Thanks for your honest feedback.  I wish I could please everyone, but fully understand and appreciate that I can't.

Hi 

Thanks for your time addressing my concerns.

I hope that in some of my posts you can see I like the product but am generally dissapointed in some areas.

No chance I am cancelling my pre order. I want this to succeed so everything I want does come out. Im looking foward to playing some good old fashioned and fun games using my beloved disk controller lol

I do appreciate how difficult things have been over the last 18 months so please pass on my thanks to all the team. May you all stay safe and well.

Things are far too agressive in here so I'll look from afar in future.

Good luck and I hope you have good news for everyone soon 👍

Edited by Jetsream1969
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Swami said:

I never said anyone was. I said it would be crossing the line to act like that. You disagree? Now your accusing me of things I didn’t say. I also said i’d Retract it if you would not be rude. I guess a more accurate word 

Look I don't know you and vice versa. But honestly in my opinion,  you just can't use words like that about what is essentially a toy.

I mean this is being heavily marketed towards kids and families.

"Mummy what's a fascist and will I be one if I don't like this silly game" .... I mean GOOD GRIEF!!

I've had my concerns addressed by Tommy which I really didn't expect so I'm all good. People on here and not just you really have to count to ten and relax in my humble opinion. 

Anyway good luck and I hope we all get some good news later on this week and Tommy and the team have great success. That way I get all the selfish stuff I've been asking for 🙂

Happy gaming. Stay safe and well and don't forget to enjoy it.

THE INTELIVISION LIVES .... AGAIN ❤

6 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

Look I don't know you and vice versa. But honestly in my opinion,  you just can't use words like that about what is essentially a toy.

I mean this is being heavily marketed towards kids and families.

"Mummy what's a fascist and will I be one if I don't like this silly game" .... I mean GOOD GRIEF!!

I've had my concerns addressed by Tommy which I really didn't expect so I'm all good. People on here and not just you really have to count to ten and relax in my humble opinion. 

Anyway good luck and I hope we all get some good news later on this week and Tommy and the team have great success. That way I get all the selfish stuff I've been asking for 🙂

Happy gaming. Stay safe and well and don't forget to enjoy it.

THE INTELIVISION LIVES .... AGAIN ❤

This from someone whose first post was pompous and calling someone dumb. The hypocrisy. Way to earn respect. All over a game machine. Good grief! Don’t try to deflect your own insolence. Done with your nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Swami said:

This from someone whose first post was pompous and calling someone dumb. The hypocrisy. Way to earn respect. All over a game machine. Good grief! Don’t try to deflect your own insolence. Done with your nonsense. 

Pompous.. well you got me bang to rights there mate. Its not the first time or last time i'll get called that I guess 🤣 

TTFN 

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thank you for your post.  All fantastic questions which I look forward to sharing with folks over the next few months.

It's not something we are able to discus at this point because of exclusivity and our marketing partners.

I will say this... everyone is going to be very happy and excited about how we are approaching our physical products.

Thanks again for the interest and I'm sorry I couldn't give you a more detailed answer at this time.

Many thanks! Totally understand. I will say the boxes look awesome, nice homage to the roots. For those faithful and day one people, do you have anything special for them in those physical boxes? Little trinkets, a certificate like "Day One Edition", or something to that effect? Heck, perhaps you got something even better in mind that I can't think of. I know the physical copies themselves are considered "limited editions" as per the FAQ, so the suspense is there. 👀

Thanks again @Tommy Tallarico!

Edited by romeoteknik
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

To clarify, we've said over the past couple of years that Retro Reimagined is only a portion of what Amico is about.  Our very first trailer was launched at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and to a small portion of folks at the time who were following us because of the original Intellivision.

Retro Reimagined games only make up 20% of our library. 

That being said... the games that we have shown footage for and will be available at launch and for months after post-launch are...

Moon Patrol
Breakout
SNAFOO
Biplanes
Battle Tanks
Skiing
Astrosmash
PONG
Shark! Shark!
Missile Command
Major League Baseball
Bomb Squad
Asteroids
Night Stalker
Cloudy Mountain

That's 15 games!

You challenged us to "at least come up with some of them at launch".

Would you agree that 15 completely exclusive and retro reimagined titles is more than enough for our launch and post launch?  Especially considering we have 4 other important categories to fill as well?

I think you're forgetting to highlight the truly important part of this list. 

These are 15 games in the "launch window." They represent what you would consider only 20% of the Amico library. And yet, every single one of these games is exclusive to Amico. Exclusive! You can't play them anywhere else. So by doing some calculations I can figure that in the launch window there will be approximately.... a LOT of exclusives for this thing. Six of them will be bundled in. That's insane! The PS5 has sold some 10 million units and there are only, what, 5 games on it that I can't play on my PS4. 

In the past, consoles have launched with fewer than 15 games total. This is really impressive.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jetsream1969 said:

but you can't specifically reveal said titles and not deliver them when all the other games you havr mentioned have miraculously been developed In those 2 years. 

Reminds me of one of my favorite Cave Johnson quotes from Portal 2

"Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive."

• Haha 1

Can I just say on a far more positive note how excited I am for 50 new games with still 20ish left to be revealed? That's so cool to me there are still surprises yet to be discovered by launch. Too often I feel like stuff comes out and the internet already has every exclusive detail about the games and nothing is left yet to discover fresh as it's happening.

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:
3 hours ago, Jetsream1969 said:

but you can't specifically reveal said titles and not deliver them when all the other games you havr mentioned have miraculously been developed In those 2 years. 

Reminds me of one of my favorite Cave Johnson quotes from Portal 2

"Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive."

One of my favorite quotes:

”Only a Sith deals in absolutes”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CurlyQ said:

atari-age-forums-eating-popcorn.gif.9dc32ffda9f056a86063b3402cdb5a92.gif

I'd like to find some quality popcorn tubs like that.  All the ones I've been able to find have been really thin, cheapo plastic and the stripes start peeling off after a couple of washes

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

atari-age-forums-eating-popcorn.gif.9dc32ffda9f056a86063b3402cdb5a92.gif

That's hilarious. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, romeoteknik said:

Many thanks! Totally understand. I will say the boxes look awesome, nice homage to the roots. For those faithful and day one people, do you have anything special for them in those physical boxes?

Count on it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I feel you're being too kind...personally I'm tired of these asshats who have been signing up to shit talk the system and tell you and IE how to run your business from the word go on their first, and all subsequent posts. I have zero issue with anyone who doesn't like the sound of this system and wants to set up an "I hate the Amico" FB group or Subreddit. Totally your right to do so.

What I do take issue with is people coming to a fan forum to crap on something that most of us are really excited about, and just want to see a fun sounding system be successful that we can hopefully play with our family and friends.

Seeing the videos of the pre and post Crayola event and the group of folks from across the US meeting up and hanging out while having a blast playing this system reminded me of the great Intellivision community we've created here and what a great time we've had at CGE's and PRGE's over the years.

I'm looking forward to building that same sort of community around the Amico and making friends with like minded folk from around the world that I can nerd out with. 

If that's not what these folks are looking to do then maybe they should go away and shit on things elsewhere. My 2 cents. 
Full disclosure, I have preordered a metric ton of these things for myself and my family and definitely qualify as an Amico fanboy, which I view as a positive term. 

Ditto what he said

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I'd like to find some quality popcorn tubs like that.  All the ones I've been able to find have been really thin, cheapo plastic and the stripes start peeling off after a couple of washes

I know what ya mean!

And today is your LUCKY DAY as I consider myself an expert and connoisseur in this department and I have tried them all.  :D

I buy the paper ones in bulk!  They are super cheap and give you more of that theater experience.
These are good:
https://www.amazon.com/Stock-Your-Home-Popcorn-Buckets/dp/B08HR88R4J/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=popcorn+paper+bucket&qid=1628122142&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExT1hISzJMRFNFM1lNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDIzMDkyMTdOQUM5MVVMRVRRMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDIxMzM4RVUyRE9HUllWUUcyJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

But if you're really looking for a deal and want to buy in bulk, I really like these as well (150!)
https://www.amazon.com/Solo-VP85-00061-Popcorn-Paper-Bucket/dp/B004122WJA/ref=sr_1_4?crid=QHSEVJGVVI52&dchild=1&keywords=solo+popcorn+tubs&qid=1628122371&sprefix=SOLO+popcorn%2Caps%2C213&sr=8-4

But if you definitely want the plastic reusable ones, this is the one that has lasted the longest for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Novelty-Place-Plastic-Popcorn-Containers/dp/B01LE9E1H8/ref=sxin_13_ac_d_rm?ac_md=1-1-cG9wY29ybiBidWNrZXRzIHJldXNhYmxl-ac_d_rm_rm_rm&cv_ct_cx=popcorn+buckets&dchild=1&keywords=popcorn+buckets&pd_rd_i=B01LE9E1H8&pd_rd_r=0a056dc2-59ed-43d0-9c95-a7311545ac25&pd_rd_w=xOI1h&pd_rd_wg=UNzpJ&pf_rd_p=7b6dbc92-798f-4e44-a851-85321a50dda0&pf_rd_r=B9NRZMERPRBRHCZD2AYB&psc=1&qid=1628121944&sr=1-2-12d4272d-8adb-4121-8624-135149aa9081

❤️🍿

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1