Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

I forgot that 10 Yard Fight was part of the game list, I love that game!  I did not care for the NES version but the IREM collection for  Sega Saturn and the arcade are one of my faves!

Konami Super Basketball was the basketball equivalent to IREMs 10 Yard Fight, both are offensive only games where you must have a bigger score than the computer score before the time runs out.  A lot of people did not those games but I thought they were great!

Tommy I am hoping for a really good Elevator Action game if possible as well, and Pengo, that game does not get enough love.. haha.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, imstarryeyed said:

I forgot that 10 Yard Fight was part of the game list, I love that game!  I did not care for the NES version but the IREM collection for  Sega Saturn and the arcade are one of my faves!

Konami Super Basketball was the basketball equivalent to IREMs 10 Yard Fight, both are offensive only games where you must have a bigger score than the computer score before the time runs out.  A lot of people did not those games but I thought they were great!

Tommy I am hoping for a really good Elevator Action game if possible as well, and Pengo, that game does not get enough love.. haha.

I never played the Arcade of 10 yard fight but I like playing the NES version I’ve gotten to I think super level twice maybe 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

I never played the Arcade of 10 yard fight but I like playing the NES version I’ve gotten to I think super level twice maybe 

Oh wow you totally owe it to yourself to play the arcade game its amazingly fun!  If you enjoyed the NES version you will really like the original one.  If you have the ability to play Sega Saturn or PSX from Japan the IREM collection had 3 of my favorite games on one disc.  10 yard fight, Zippy Race (Motorace USA), Kung Fu Master all three versions were arcade perfect!

Also do check out Konami Super Basketball it really has the 10 yard fight soul in it.

This is coming from a guy who is NOT a sports game lover, but arcadey sports games are awesome!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rev said:

Looks to me like all the name calling and insults are from the harcore Amico fans. Just sayin

Lyrics from a song I like come to mind. 

First you cause a train wreck, then they put me in traction
Well, first came an action and then a reaction
But you can't switch around for your own satisfaction
Well, you burnt my house down and got mad at my reaction
Well, in every complicated situation of a human relation
Makin' sense of it all takes a whole lot of concentration
Well, you can blame her baby for her pregnant ma
And if there's one of these unavoidable laws
It's that you just can't take the effect and make it the cause
Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I'd like to find some quality popcorn tubs like that.  All the ones I've been able to find have been really thin, cheapo plastic and the stripes start peeling off after a couple of washes

Highly recommend this one. They have an individual size as well thats made just as well. 
https://www.crateandbarrel.com/scalloped-melamine-popcorn-tub/s389640

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Love 10 Yard Fiight as well! This actually poses a great question too (apologies if already answered). Tommy, would retro reimagined 10 Yard Fight essentially serve as Amico Football or would that be a separate title?

Edit: I did search the thread and see you mentioned different sports titles w/different play styles, so my question then would be is 10 Yard Fight first priority or an Intellivision Amico-branded Football game?

Edited by Pac in Blac
  • Like 3

I have to say this.  If I got an Amico in the end, I would like to buy the physical boxes because I like how they've been made to be collectable, "modern," takes on old Intellivision boxes, but only if the codes still work and the servers haven't been shut down.  As for the system itself, if I get one, I would prefer to get one when/if the price goes down a lot, but I'm currently still contemplating getting it before that even.  Still, though, shipping it to me with import tax and everything on the only site that ships to where I live comes out to about $405.30, so it's a lot to think about.  All I know for sure is if I do get one, it'll only be after it's been actually released, as in people can pick one up off of the shelf in stores.  Just my two cents.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pac in Blac said:

Love 10 Yard Fiight as well! This actually poses a great question too (apologies if already answered). Tommy, would retro reimagined 10 Yard Fight essentially serve as Amico Football or would that be a separate title?

Edit: I did search the thread and see you mentioned different sports titles w/different play styles, so my question then would be is 10 Yard Fight first priority or an Intellivision Amico-branded Football game?

It would definitely be it's own game.  We plan on doing Intellivision Football as well which would be a horizontal game as opposed to the vertical of 10 Yd. Fight.  10 Yd. Fight as we all know if more of an arcade experience.  Same with Tecmo Bowl (which we've also been talking about with the publisher).  Our Intellivision Football game would entail some basic play-calling and strategy as well as simple arcade action... similar to the original.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MASTER260 said:

I have to say this.  If I got an Amico in the end, I would like to buy the physical boxes because I like how they've been made to be collectable, "modern," takes on old Intellivision boxes, but only if the codes still work and the servers haven't been shut down.  

That’s pretty much where I am, as well, only I've already pre-preordered and plan to get one in the beginning instead of "the end."  I asked a question about the servers/future playability recently, but no reply.  I’m guess it’s something they can’t say yet (completely understandable) so I’ll revisit it later.

I’m not so much concerned about “what’s in the box” or bothered that not everyone has the same idea of what constitutes a “physical game” etc,  but how they work years in the future will dictate whether I buy all physical copies, going for a complete collection, or only buy the games I currently wanna play, all digital.

As nice as the boxes look, and at that price point, I’d love to go for a complete collection.  But I’d need to know if, 30 years down the road, when servers are gone and/or the hardware is no longer compatible with the future’s internet tech, will I be able to open up a brand new, never “installed” or played game from my collection, sit down with the family (grandkids maybe) and play it, much like my kids and I do with my current “retro game consoles.”

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

It would definitely be it's own game.  We plan on doing Intellivision Football as well which would be a horizontal game as opposed to the vertical of 10 Yd. Fight.  10 Yd. Fight as we all know if more of an arcade experience.  Same with Tecmo Bowl (which we've also been talking about with the publisher).  Our Intellivision Football game would entail some basic play-calling and strategy as well as simple arcade action... similar to the original.

Awesome! Love it, makes sense too, different audiences for those games and I can't wait to see how all three play in comparison. Super psyched for retro reimagined Tecmo Bowl too!! Great stuff as always Tommy thank you!!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thanks!  I'm ordering both.  The "ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY – Be green and stop using disposable product" bit helped sell me on the plastic tubs (I'm a sucker for good bullet points lol) but nice to have the paper ones for friends n' family when a 3 pack won't cut it.

Related note --- Intellivision branded popcorn tubs coming soon in the shop?  Yeah?!?!  😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

That’s pretty much where I am, as well, only I've already pre-preordered and plan to get one in the beginning instead of "the end."  I asked a question about the servers/future playability recently, but no reply.  I’m guess it’s something they can’t say yet (completely understandable) so I’ll revisit it later.

I’m not so much concerned about “what’s in the box” or bothered that not everyone has the same idea of what constitutes a “physical game” etc,  but how they work years in the future will dictate whether I buy all physical copies, going for a complete collection, or only buy the games I currently wanna play, all digital.

As nice as the boxes look, and at that price point, I’d love to go for a complete collection.  But I’d need to know if, 30 years down the road, when servers are gone and/or the hardware is no longer compatible with the future’s internet tech, will I be able to open up a brand new, never “installed” or played game from my collection, sit down with the family (grandkids maybe) and play it, much like my kids and I do with my current “retro game consoles.”

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when the info about physical products and how they work are revealed. 

We've done everything so far to be consumer friendly.  Our Physical Products are no exception.

:)

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Wouldn't that be something?

You beat me to it friend!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Tommy I am hoping for a really good Elevator Action game if possible as well

HECK YEAH!!  Definitely towards the top of my TO DO list!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when the info about physical products and how they work are revealed. 

We've done everything so far to be consumer friendly.  Our Physical Products are no exception.

I know I will be surprised.   The suspense is killing me.  Lol.

• Like 3

Ghox, I think this would be great on Amico, also, I don’t think it’s been done on any other home system 😀👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

For the "I don't want to open the box" type people...  You know like EVIL Pete...  Don't open the box and  put the box on top of your Amico.. Unless the box has RFID blocking of course. Problem solved.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, woobman said:

image.png.c297eca3c994108dd819f6bcf85b556f.png

Looking through an old issue of Electronic Games. Found this..

Wow! Physical Orders. :lol:

Edited by NTV
  • Like 1

Is everyone ready to see the most incredible new Amico show??

Brace yourself!  You're not going to believe this!

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

That was a really neat video.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

DVD review: “Mystery Science Theater 3000, Vol. XXVI” | Madison Movie

Danger Joel Robinson! Danger! Fun and humor.. Does not compute... It does look to be a ton of fun.  No matter what side you are on! Some people will not understand!!!

• Like 4