Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, woobman said:

image.png.c297eca3c994108dd819f6bcf85b556f.png

Looking through an old issue of Electronic Games. Found this..

If this happens to your game controller and lasts longer than 4 hours, seek help immediately! 🤣  Sorry, I couldn't resist!

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

44 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Is everyone ready to see the most incredible new Amico show??

Brace yourself!  You're not going to believe this!

That was a really fun video looking forward to more 

• Like 5

That channel is interesting and mysterious.

They had been releasing high quality videos for 8 months, but none of them had more of 100 views... until today. The Amico video has 350 in less than one day.

I've seen much worse channels with 100K subs, so I hope they drastically improve their Youtube success.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, cmart604 said:

just finishing my 3 day long move so I'll be free soon. Literally watching guys move Intellivision games in as we speak. 

I 100% believe this to be true.👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I'd believe it if he said that part was 2.75 days of the 3 day move

• Haha 3

Tecmo Bowl game for the Amico!? Seriously how to people find the energy to be negative when we see such great retro reborn?!? Ha Ha.

Tommy please, please, please ensure that the football game you mentioned allows you to use your phone screen to privately call plays... 

Better yet can you please be the first to offer a real playmaker mode to allow us to create custom plays by moving the icons around on the screen, between football games and save to playbook? 

In my perfect football game I would love to create custom plays, save them to my playbook and take my controller to a friends house and use those plays!

I would also love to be able to do quick on the spot controller plays when you need to create something super tricky at the last second during a down.

The Dreamcast 2K series allowed for the use of the VMU to call plays but you had to call the play by its name only as the screen was too small to show that level of detail... so so close there..

By the by so happy to hear Elevator Action is high on your list too! Amazing game both the original and the Returns version from Taito!

• Like 11

On 8/4/2021 at 7:41 PM, Razzie.P said:

I'd like to find some quality popcorn tubs like that.  All the ones I've been able to find have been really thin, cheapo plastic and the stripes start peeling off after a couple of washes

I've been using both the individual and large (shown in Curly's video) buckets from Dollar Tree. A year of using dishwasher and they are still great. Also I think I got all of the Chinese carcinogens out of them by now. 😎

10 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

8 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I'd believe it if he said that part was 2.75 days of the 3 day move

You both may be right. 😆 the unpacking that is ahead of me I would not wish on my worst enemy. 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

So, thinking of the physical media, what if it is a usb drive in the shape of the buggy in Moon Patrol or the fox in Finnigan Fox etc…it would make sense, as usb drives are really cheap these days and are the nearest thing to a plug in cartridge. I’m sure Tommy said you had to download it, maybe he meant from the usb drive…..Wouldn’t that be something!. 👍😀

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Silverbot said:

So, thinking of the physical media, what if it is a usb drive in the shape of the buggy in Moon Patrol or the fox in Finnigan Fox etc…it would make sense, as usb drives are really cheap these days and are the nearest thing to a plug in cartridge. I’m sure Tommy said you had to download it, maybe he meant from the usb drive…..Wouldn’t that be something!. 👍😀

This | Know Your Meme

Great idea!  This would be a great way to go!

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when the info about physical products and how they work are revealed. 

We've done everything so far to be consumer friendly.  Our Physical Products are no exception.

:)

This is great to here.  The negative speculation on defining "physical media" is really getting long in the tooth.  

I still have some of my old C64 disks, and none of them work.  What does that get me?  Buying a new C64 on Amazon and downloading ROMs on to a USB stick so I can play the old games again on a legit Commodore 64 replica.  

All I'm looking for in the physical media is a way to either source the game or have it stored on whatever media the Amico can read from. 

If there is a time you decide 15 or 20 years from now to shut things down, please allow users access to any games that are presently download only so we can store them on external media for infinite use.

Thanks

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Silverbot said:

That would be cool.  I mentioned some ideas for this last year.  One being the MOTU power sword that would plug into the USB port on Amico.  I hope we get a MOTU game on Amico.  I also thought about having a mini Intellivision controller that was a USB and had some original Intellivision games on it.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 3

Here's something I noticed about the mysterious "physical media" that may help figuring out what it is.

The boxes shown are quite thin... This means the "media" will NOT be toys unless they're really tiny toys (i. e. toy soldier size).

So that's it, I leave the rest of you to keep speculating.

• Like 3

my concern is that this physical media stuff has been talked about so much and hyped that when revealed will be a big "meh". I mean this is a real niche demographic we are talking about here who care about collecting "games" and and it certainly isnt the main demographic IE seems to want to chase ( young families)

Edited by bigdaddygamestudio
  • Like 3

I'm excited that there is any form of physical media.  As a collector I thought it would be cool to see detailed artistic manuals or even cloth maps :) . Wouldn't that be something!  

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Silverbot said:

I think its something different.  I’ve heard some speculation and maybe a hint or two and think I have a concept on what they are doing, and if I’m right (or even close) then I think Tommy’s right in that folks will be happy, very happy.  Can’t wait to hear whats in store, and eagerly awaiting news on the launch. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

my concern is that this physical media stuff has been talked about so much and hyped that when revealed will be a big "meh". I mean this is a real niche demographic we are talking about here who care about collecting "games" and and it certainly isnt the main demographic IE seems to want to chase ( young families)

I disagree. My wife who is so not a gammer, but does have a switch light (and doesn’t play it) has bought 4 games for it (again doesn't play them) but still refuses to buy digital games because she wants outright ownership. If IE has come up with a system that covers this (and i believe they have), then I could see that driving significant physical sales.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:16 AM, Razzie.P said:

AtariAge should require new users to wait 3 months before they’re allowed to post in the Amico section, or pay a “Amico shit-talking tax” at registration.

They could cover their server costs for years! 

Dont think I’ve seen a post here before that garnered every possible response tag (like, laugh, sad, confused and thanks).  Good one!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

I disagree. My wife who is so not a gammer, but does have a switch light (and doesn’t play it) has bought 4 games for it (again doesn't play them) but still refuses to buy digital games because she wants outright ownership. If IE has come up with a system that covers this (and i believe they have), then I could see that driving significant physical sales.  

Your wife has no legs?

Sorry, sorry...

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 1:29 PM, OEB_Pete said:

Am I the only one thinking it's Friday and cheking here every half hour in hopes of Tommy making an announcement?

No idea how that quote box got up here or how-to delete it.

Edited by Matt-H06
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

If there is a time you decide 15 or 20 years from now to shut things down, please allow users access to any games that are presently download only so we can store them on external media for infinite use.

Tommy has mentioned that when things get shut down.. He has a plan.. So there is something there... But what it is?!?!? We don't know.... Yet.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Matt-H06 said:

Am I the only one thinking it's Friday and cheking here every half hour in hopes of Tommy making an announcement?

Don't you know if you say his name quickly three times he shows up?

Tommy Tallarico, Tommy Tallarico, Tommy Tallarico!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Zee said:

Don't you know if you say his name quickly three times he shows up?

Tommy Tallarico, Tommy Tallarico, Tommy Tallarico!

I'm wondering where he's going to tell the world the date.  I'm keeping an eye on their Youtube channel too.  My entire family is excited to get this thing.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Matt-H06 said:

Yes . I believe he said there would be news on the launch date this week. I had mentioned I hoped to hear news before August 10th and I think he said that but I don’t quite remember ! Lol 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 4