Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

2 hours ago, woobman said:

Tommy has mentioned that when things get shut down.. He has a plan.. So there is something there... But what it is?!?!? We don't know.... Yet.

Build A Amico event. Kinda like Buid a Bear, but at IE. 

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Count on it.  Aiming for this week for an update.

Not necessarily.  If we can secure the parts and assemble smaller quantitites in-house or close-by (Texas, Utah, etc.) we would save the 6 - 8 week travel time from China.  (Ordering smaller quantity parts from China can be flown or FedEx'd).

As Nick Richards had mentioned a few weeks ago in a few of his interviews.... we have multiple different options potentially available to us still and all with different lead times and costs (the lower the unit production the much HIGHER the cost).

Rest assured we are turning over every possible stone we can.  No one wants it out there more than we do!

I still have hope for counting on an update this week... Fingers crossed. Any update?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zee said:

Don't you know if you say his name quickly three times he shows up?

Tommy Tallarico, Tommy Tallarico, Tommy Tallarico!

tim burton way GIF

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

I still have hope for counting on an update this week... Fingers crossed. Any update?

Maybe sunday with OEB Pete ?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Here's something I noticed about the mysterious "physical media" that may help figuring out what it is.

The boxes shown are quite thin... This means the "media" will NOT be toys unless they're really tiny toys (i. e. toy soldier size).

So that's it, I leave the rest of you to keep speculating.

e24fd07d-34e7-44a6-bc59-7abde94dc5a4_1.00a11468d10dd28ae609d3a0f79c4e5f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've not been here for a while, but yes, I'm still alive. Mostly. It's unbelievably hot here recently and I feel like I'm going to die every time I go outside, but I'm still alive. I don't really have any questions at this point, though, so I haven't had much to say.

Anything happen with compliance and stuff yet?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I've not been here for a while, but yes, I'm still alive. Mostly. It's unbelievably hot here recently and I feel like I'm going to die every time I go outside, but I'm still alive. I don't really have any questions at this point, though, so I haven't had much to say.

Anything happen with compliance and stuff yet?

They passed one of the hardest compliance tests a couple weeks ago I don’t know if they have all there test results back yet but I think they said should have all of them soon or know any changes to make depending on how these tests go 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

They passed one of the hardest compliance tests a couple weeks ago I don’t know if they have all there test results back yet but I think they said should have all of them soon or know any changes to make depending on how these tests go 

Okay, great. Hopefully they get the thing on the market soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RREDDWARFF said:

e24fd07d-34e7-44a6-bc59-7abde94dc5a4_1.00a11468d10dd28ae609d3a0f79c4e5f.jpeg

That might be cool. Imagine a Night Stalker or Shark Shark pop-up scape.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone!,

Here's the latest update.  I have a super busy work weekend, but will try to put some time aside to answer any questions if I can.

As always... thank you for your support!

1219776041_PreorderUpdate.thumb.jpg.0dfa65ed95f4dd34e2d3b827a91f121f.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

Here's the latest update.  I have a super busy work weekend, but will try to put some time aside to answer any questions if I can.

1656936984_PreorderUpdate.thumb.jpg.0884a206ee415ccafca3630a3eab1d2f.jpg

Totally understandable as we see how the hardware shortage is impacting other industries as well.

I'm still onboard. We'll have it when it's ready.

Thanks for the update!

• Like 3

Okay. Take your time if you think you need to or are forced to do it by supply problems.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 5

So a delay across the board with a "possible" soft launch for preorders only by the end of the year. I understand it's not in their hands but this doesn't look very promising.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

Do you know if the first wave of units have begun production yet? Or have been scheduled for production at a specific time?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

Thank you very much for the update. Would the pre-orders you mentioned by the end of the year include a recent preorder made on Amazon.ca? I just preordered last week. When I check Amazon it still states October 10. Just looking to set expectations for my gaming plans around the holidays. Thanks!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

This is an extremely professional email. As one who did pre-order the Founder's Edition, I really appreciated this. Thank you

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

Thank you Tommy for the update I’m sorry for Intellivision that you had to delay I never followed video game news until Amico was announced and never gave much thought to programmers I was mostly just looking at if a game was fun.  Your passion Tommy and Intellivision’s passion has been evident from the word go.  I look forward to being able to play games again with friends and family once this system is released.

Edited by Alpha82
Corrected wording to fit my intent
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Ciao a tutti!,

Ecco l'ultimo aggiornamento. Ho un fine settimana di lavoro super impegnato, ma cercherò di mettere un po' di tempo da parte per rispondere a qualsiasi domanda, se posso.

Come sempre, grazie per il tuo supporto!

First of all Tommy, thanks to you and the Intellivision team for the sincerity always shown throughout the development of the console, and especially during this terrible pandemic that caused the delay of the release.  It will certainly not be a few more months of waiting to diminish our enthusiasm for Amico.  But what I care the most is to tell you that I am very sorry for you because we know how important the 10/10 date was.  A hug, and thanks for your willingness to answer all our questions.  We are always with you.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

Sorry the team wasn’t able to overcome the supply issues and make 10/10, not for myself but for the team as I know how important that was for all of you.

Thank you for the update and always being as transparent as you are on the things you can be.

Looking forward to the next announcement when the shipping dates get announced - that will be a great day; but until then I will enjoy hanging around here with some great folks.

• Like 5

On 8/5/2021 at 12:41 AM, Razzie.P said:

I'd like to find some quality popcorn tubs like that.  All the ones I've been able to find have been really thin, cheapo plastic and the stripes start peeling off after a couple of washes

With a hole in the bottom?

I have a few old ones you can have 🤣

Edited by Jetsream1969

On 8/6/2021 at 1:20 AM, imstarryeyed said:

Tecmo Bowl game for the Amico!? Seriously how to people find the energy to be negative when we see such great retro reborn?!? Ha Ha.

Tommy please, please, please ensure that the football game you mentioned allows you to use your phone screen to privately call plays... 

Better yet can you please be the first to offer a real playmaker mode to allow us to create custom plays by moving the icons around on the screen, between football games and save to playbook? 

In my perfect football game I would love to create custom plays, save them to my playbook and take my controller to a friends house and use those plays!

I would also love to be able to do quick on the spot controller plays when you need to create something super tricky at the last second during a down.

The Dreamcast 2K series allowed for the use of the VMU to call plays but you had to call the play by its name only as the screen was too small to show that level of detail... so so close there..

By the by so happy to hear Elevator Action is high on your list too! Amazing game both the original and the Returns version from Taito!

I think this is one of the most exciting aspects of the Amico. For example my kids loved the VMU games on their own merits years before mobile phone gaming. Ended up buying way more of them just for those damn Chao's !

I think the Dreamcast was an ideal console. It had adult games for me and GREAT family titles as well ... Sega bass, chu chu, and space channel 5 being my kids favorites. I just kept my games out of reach ... simples

The key was none of those titles were dumbed down or deliberately made easy for them  they just found their level and worked hard to improve their skills.

Unfortunatly I'm not sure there's much they would have enjoyed from the intended launch line up. Skiing probably would have gone down well and maybe snafoo. Fingers crossed they will build on this next year with the full launch 

Edited by Jetsream1969
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

I'm behind you and this project 100%.  Its easy to bail on news like this, but anyone with half a brain can see by looking out their front window, this is NOT the world we grew up in and dealing with extreme adversity is now a part of daily life.  If people are willing to accept that manufactures can't get chips and components to build cars, I don't see why they can't accept another small delay to the Amico for the same reason.

You've done a terrific job of keeping people interested and informed, and that's a lot more than many other companies are willing to do at this point.

I'm keeping the faith like Mr. Joel (just steering away from the large oak trees)!!

Best regards,

James

"IMB"

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

Thank you for the update, I got my email late yesterday. While it's pushed back, hearing that I could get my preorder by end of year makes me feel better. Maybe I will still get it by Christmas 🎄 I'm not going anywhere. 

I am assuming the retailers probably have known this for awhile at least. I know at my work when we have to push something, they have visibility for some time due to shelf reset planning and sales team requirements,etc.

• Like 6