Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Just in time for the holidays sounds fine to me. Also a special gift via email next week?? Hmmm now I'm intrigued!

• Like 9

If you were a fan of the Intellivision BITD.  You will get this!  If you are a youngster you will not and most likely get your panties in a twist. LOL

I am not as said as this commercial used to make me feel.  But the delay did put a tear in my eye.

Iron Eyes Cody: America's Favorite Indian Was Really Italian

• Like 2

A little image for Tommy.  A piece of home on a somber day.

65 down the pike... so, not the clearest picture. 

friendly2.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone!,

Here's the latest update.  I have a super busy work weekend, but will try to put some time aside to answer any questions if I can.

As always... thank you for your support!

1219776041_PreorderUpdate.thumb.jpg.0dfa65ed95f4dd34e2d3b827a91f121f.jpg

Noooo! That's not true. That's IMPOSSIBLE! - Luke skywalker nooooooo | Meme  Generator

Thank you for giving an update on the launch situation.  Glad to hear that the pre-orders may still ship later this year.  Also, looking forward to what the gift could be.

• Like 4

Thanks for the update Tommy!👍

I wish all the best for you and the Intellivision Entertainment team.

I really like how understanding and encouraging the core group of people are in this forum,it makes me feel really glad to be a small part of the project from the start and to the finish.

Keep up the great work and those of us who know how hard you have tried to make it all happen,will be here to support you until it finally does.😊

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Missing those all important Christmas sales doesn't bode well.  It's been a reason for consoles failing before.

Interesting.  Which consoles failed because they missed Christmas sales?

Lets say that they complete 100% of the pre-orders, but aren't able to have product "on the shelves and ready to buy," does that mean they missed Christmas?   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Lets say that they complete 100% of the pre-orders, but aren't able to have product "on the shelves and ready to buy," does that mean they missed Christmas?   

I worked in games retail for a long time. I agree that missing Christmas isn't a disaster as most consoles don't hit maximum sales for a little while after launch. What would have been a disaster would be to have tried to stick to the October release date and fail to get adequate supplies to retailers ... especially with your first product to market. Believe me retailers won't  back a company that does that in the long run.

Edited by Jetsream1969

I’m a huge fan and supporter from the beginning but if there are no units shipped by Christmas then it’s not just a component issue but it would be unfinished games, UI or other unrelated issues in my opinion. It’s not my business but it really seems that there is much more to this delay than missing components. Something is bothering me about this whole situation but I’m not sure what is is. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I’m a huge fan and supporter from the beginning but if there are no units shipped by Christmas then it’s not just a component issue but it would be unfinished games, UI or other unrelated issues in my opinion. It’s not my business but it really seems that there is much more to this delay than missing components. Something is bothering me about this whole situation but I’m not sure what is is. 

The false transparency and exaggerated claims? That might be what’s bothering you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, themewsh said:

The false transparency and exaggerated claims? That might be what’s bothering you.

Please name a few examples of this so you can avoid falling into the latter. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Please name a few examples of this so you can avoid falling into the latter. 😉

“On the launchpad.”

Nothing has ever been anywhere close to “on the launchpad” if it’s being delayed again.

The CFO said a couple weeks back that the Amico had passed "the most difficult" of the FCC certification tests and the rest should be done "in a week or two".  So has the Amico completed all its FCC certification tests?   If so, what's the application ID?  That way we can see those completed tests on the FCC's website.  After all, manufacturing (whether parts are available or not) can't begin until that certification is finished.

Edited by atm94404
typo
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Why am I still unable to buy a PS5, even with all of Sony’s wherewithal. Yes, I understand there is a high demand for it, but if there were no component supply problems, I can guarantee I would already have one by now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

Why am I still unable to buy a PS5, even with all of Sony’s wherewithal. Yes, I understand there is a high demand for it, but if there were no component supply problems, I can guarantee I would already have one by now. 

But the components they need are available Tommy says and if it’s a higher price, then adjust the price of the console if needed for the time being. Will The prices change in 3 months ? 6 months ? Probably not much. These are also 5 year old tech. I don’t know ……something else is going on. To me it’s just not ready and that’s fine if that’s the case. Just an opinion. It’s frustrating at this point. 

• Like 1

No doubt there is more going on here. Hardware is tough and that's what they are realizing. 

31 minutes ago, Cranker said:

But the components they need are available Tommy says and if it’s a higher price, then adjust the price of the console if needed for the time being. Will The prices change in 3 months ? 6 months ? Probably not much. These are also 5 year old tech. I don’t know ……something else is going on. To me it’s just not ready and that’s fine if that’s the case. Just an opinion. It’s frustrating at this point. 

Except you can’t raise the price you already set it with retailers and while components are part of it it’s also shipping price spikes and let’s not forget touch screens which are needed and so hard to get right now automobile companies are going to old plans before they started using touch screens.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

Except you can’t raise the price you already set it with retailers and while components are part of it it’s also shipping price spikes and let’s not forget touch screens which are needed and so hard to get right now automobile companies are going to old plans before they started using touch screens.  

True. Good points but there is still much more to the delay than missing components in my opinion. No doubt. It’s none of my business but since we do have so much insight into IE I can’t help but feel this way. 

Edited by Cranker

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I don't think it was a console but I read about an Atari computer range that failed to get enough inventory on shelves by Christmas and it had a knock on effect in the computer's overall success.  But if a missed Christmas season is no big deal then that's great.  I wasn't trolling.  I want the Amico to succeed as much as most people here.

16 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I don't think it was a console but I read about an Atari computer range that failed to get enough inventory on shelves by Christmas and it had a knock on effect in the computer's overall success.  But if a missed Christmas season is no big deal then that's great.  I wasn't trolling.  I want the Amico to succeed as much as most people here.

What I don't understand is why they are making life so difficult for themselves. I mean there are so many moving parts to this thing and it really could be seen to be over designed in some people's eyes. Lights in the controller that your holding during a game is a neat idea, but the whole console ?!

Added to that they are definitely launching with atleast 3 colour variations and possibly a 4th (Red). I know its just the shell but even so what other console in history has launched with that many variations. The original GBA maybe ? Even if that's true look how much more money Nintendo made by releasing limited further down its life cycle without any actual hardware improvements  🤔

Edited by Jetsream1969

If IE has come up with a system that covers this (and i believe they have), then I could see that driving significant physical sales.  

•  

why? Koch already told us, its CODE in the box plus perhaps a happy meal like toy or something