Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

But the components they need are available Tommy says and if it’s a higher price, then adjust the price of the console if needed for the time being. Will The prices change in 3 months ? 6 months ? Probably not much. These are also 5 year old tech. I don’t know ……something else is going on. To me it’s just not ready and that’s fine if that’s the case. Just an opinion. It’s frustrating at this point. 

5 year old tech? Tell me how high tech lumber and OSB are. Why were there crippling supply issues there. You still need someone to make it, and they are very busy with restricted capacity. 
 

I’m not claiming there were not other delays to the whole development. COVID lockdowns had to slow it, inexperience most likely played a part, but just because a supply shortage has now been around for some time doesn’t mean it is fixed. Effects from pandemic are real, and may be worsening again. Just raising the price will only work for the hardcore (yes, including me) but for long term success they have to keep searching for a way to hit a price point with some chance of success. 
 

The window closes with each month gone, but I believe it is still there for them, and wish them luck. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

5 year old tech? Tell me how high tech lumber and OSB are. Why were there crippling supply issues there. You still need someone to make it, and they are very busy with restricted capacity. 
 

I’m not claiming there were not other delays to the whole development. COVID lockdowns had to slow it, inexperience most likely played a part, but just because a supply shortage has now been around for some time doesn’t mean it is fixed. Effects from pandemic are real, and may be worsening again. Just raising the price will only work for the hardcore (yes, including me) but for long term success they have to keep searching for a way to hit a price point with some chance of success. 
 

The window closes with each month gone, but I believe it is still there for them, and wish them luck. 

Good points . I guess I’m just frustrated because I want it so badly ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

many here as missing the big picture, missing 4th quarter is terrible since that is where the majority of your annual sales occur.  Now toss in they are a start up with no existing revenue to fall back on, cash on hand has to be a huge issue since they have been running with a full salaried staff along with a big office overhead.  Overhead and salaries are the killer of startups. Missing launch dates sucks for the potential consumer, it could be deadly for the start up.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Good points . I guess I’m just frustrated because I want it so badly ! 

And that’s why, despite the latest today, they have the ability to be successful. For those that were around during the Simon release, I equate Amico’s market and its potential success to be similar in my minds eye. That thing was everywhere when people learned about it and think Amico will be the same. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

OEB Pete...

YOU CANNOT BE DOWN!  I come to you for my PICK ME UP!

 

 

Just monetarily and I am even more energized now :)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be terrible for anyone to do this - but the gift for those who pre-ordered - are we locked in for the final purchase if we accept the free gift? I just imagine some of those who pre-ordered might be tight for cash if the $200 is due during the holiday season at the end of the year and may decide to get the pre-order money back. Thanks again for the level of communication here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

5 year old tech? Tell me how high tech lumber and OSB are. Why were there crippling supply issues there. You still need someone to make it, and they are very busy with restricted capacity. 
 

I’m not claiming there were not other delays to the whole development. COVID lockdowns had to slow it, inexperience most likely played a part, but just because a supply shortage has now been around for some time doesn’t mean it is fixed. Effects from pandemic are real, and may be worsening again. Just raising the price will only work for the hardcore (yes, including me) but for long term success they have to keep searching for a way to hit a price point with some chance of success. 
 

The window closes with each month gone, but I believe it is still there for them, and wish them luck. 

The new delay sucks, for the company and the customer. The company, because no company wants to disappoint it's customers. Us, because we would like to have our shiny new thing yesterday. 

 

I can say that supply chain issues are affecting nearly every manufacturer and retailer. I work for a high-end furniture store, and we are still seeing significant delays in supply, manufacturing, and even shipping. I have clients that waited for almost a year for their items to arrive. Some have been understanding and patient, and others have been aggressively disappointed. I understand their frustration, but this whole thing is out of my hands. Things were starting to get a bit more reasonable, but are beginning to slide back into ridiculous delay territory. Unfortunately, this is currently the way our world is at the moment.  Hell, there is still a foam shortage! The freeze we had here in Texas actually shut down the refineries that produce the raw material for the foam in your seat cushions. Still haven't recovered from that.

 

All that's to say, I am sure that the supply chain and manufacturing issues will get sorted, it may just take a bit.  

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, OEB_Pete said:

Just monetarily and I am even more energized now :)

I hope you're not broke,and meant momentarily! 👍

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jsmith73 said:

I can say that supply chain issues are affecting nearly every manufacturer and retailer. I work for a high-end furniture store, and we are still seeing significant delays in supply, manufacturing, and even shipping. I have clients that waited for almost a year for their items to arrive.

Impossible! That furniture store is obviously hiding something. I don't have any proof and I'm not a furniture hater, but my heart (and some anti-furniture podcasts I watch) tell me supplies are not the problem. I think the problem is the guy who designs the sofas and chairs, that still hasn't finished his work. It's really concerning.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IntelliMission said:

Impossible! That furniture store is obviously hiding something. I don't have any proof and I'm not a furniture hater, but my heart (and some anti-furniture podcasts I watch) tell me supplies are not the problem. I think the problem is the guy who designs the sofas and chairs, that still hasn't finished his work. It's really concerning.

Yea, and what about automakers redesigning their current models to replace touch/digital displays and going back to buttons and physical gauges.  I don’t think this has anything to do with a part availability thing, I believe, scratch that , I know (without any inside knowledge or any research BTW) that it’s because the automakers are late in the firmware development for them. Can’t have digital displays if you don’t have the software to run them. And the argument that they already had models out there with software that people actually played; um, mean used, well that’s just fake news.  
 

Do not believe this article, they are just  gaslighting and hiding the real cause. 
 

https://paultan.org/2021/05/06/carmakers-removing-high-end-features-in-cars-to-cope-with-semiconductor-shortage-gps-digital-meter-out/

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy,

Sorry to hear about the delay... But is understandable under the circumstances. I'm still in on 1st edition pre-oder.

You've mentioned previously about making the original, NON-remade intellivision titles available after the Amico has been out awhile. Since the year end, pre-ordered amicos will mostly be going to the retro crowd...... Will you give any consideration to make them available when we receive our amicos year end?

Looking forward to my amico.... Thanks for all you and your team are doing.





Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy,

 

I preordered a VIP edition last March, not a Founders Edition. Are VIP's part of the preorders you are trying to fulfill in 2021, or just the Founders Editions? 
 

I'm fine with another delay, but please also consider some of us have to budget for the final purchase (and hopefully lots of games) and after three missed launch dates, a realistic launch window for preorders would be helpful, especially if it is around the holidays.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope everyone who pre ordered gets it before the holidays. I feel bad for them as the delay is a shame, understandable or not. Are all preorders gonna be filled? How many units was that? Are they still taking pre orders now?

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I was just reading everyone's new comments. Somehow without noticing, I clicked on a tab that brought me to the 1st page of this forum. I'm sitting there reading through it going, "Huh? What the frick is going on??"

 

Yeah I felt pretty smart there. Anyhow, it made me laugh.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, falvster said:

Tommy,

Sorry to hear about the delay... But is understandable under the circumstances. I'm still in on 1st edition pre-oder.

You've mentioned previously about making the original, NON-remade intellivision titles available after the Amico has been out awhile. Since the year end, pre-ordered amicos will mostly be going to the retro crowd...... Will you give any consideration to make them available when we receive our amicos year end?

Looking forward to my amico.... Thanks for all you and your team are doing.





Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
 

I too am looking forward to the original retro titles on the Amico. This is especially true if there are titles that haven't been released on previous Intellivision compilations, such as Intellivision Lives on the original Xbox

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Noah98 said:

Tommy,

 

I preordered a VIP edition last March, not a Founders Edition. Are VIP's part of the preorders you are trying to fulfill in 2021, or just the Founders Editions? 
 

I'm fine with another delay, but please also consider some of us have to budget for the final purchase (and hopefully lots of games) and after three missed launch dates, a realistic launch window for preorders would be helpful, especially if it is around the holidays.

I'm wondering the same thing. Founders, VIP and standard pre orders in that order ?

The email was really vague on that.

If it meant getting the system out before the holidays and if it helped the company out, would people be prepared too except a standard white or black colour ?  It must help logistic wise and simplify the process. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Impossible! That furniture store is obviously hiding something. I don't have any proof and I'm not a furniture hater, but my heart (and some anti-furniture podcasts I watch) tell me supplies are not the problem. I think the problem is the guy who designs the sofas and chairs, that still hasn't finished his work. It's really concerning.

Post of the day!  Thanks for making me laugh.  I needed that! 😄

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tommy. Sorry to hear about the delay ! (For you, for me, and for everyone waiting for a positive update, including every members of my family and all my friends whos ask me once a month if I have news about the launch date ! lol)

Will you soon be able to give us more details on the decision you made ?

You had several possible plans, you seem to have chosen one (unless you simply postponed the deadline to make a decision ?).

 

What makes you believe that it will be possible to provide pre-orders barely 2 months later than expected, when the date of October 10 was still a very important date for you ?

Maybe the plan you chose did not allow I.E. to have enough units available for October, and it was illogical to have to choose who would get consoles or not among the people having already pre-ordered ?

Thank you for your frankness and transparency, as always.

I can't wait to get my hands on this console and I will try to stop thinking about it every hour of the day ! lol 😅

Thank you !

 

 
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-waynes-world.thumb.png.62923f28b59d40c6142a4ae9eb9085cd.png

Best one yet.  Stand-by to stand-by... Standing-by!

 

So when a team has a tough year do you sell all your stuff and dump out?  No, you stick with them, so when they win it tastes even better!!

 

I should know... Long suffering NY Jets fan... 

 

So a few more months won't kill anyone.  Jeeze...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My girlfriend just showed me this photo she took on October 10, 2020, the initial date planned for Amico!
My son and I had celebrated this by proudly wearing the t-shirt!

IMG_2255(1).jpg

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple things on missing Christmas: 1Q and the beginning of Q2 is always a very slow time for electronics and clearance season, so a great time to buy. Retailers are trying to get rid of what didn't sell during the previous year to make room for new and upcoming merch. While you want to cash in on Q4, if you miss it one year, you can still build toward the following Q4 with planning some big releases for that season.

 

Not too disappointed in the delay, as I understand these things can happen. One silver lining is maybe we get more playable demos for the app in the short term.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squirrelgotdead said:

A couple things on missing Christmas: 1Q and the beginning of Q2 is always a very slow time for electronics and clearance season, so a great time to buy. Retailers are trying to get rid of what didn't sell during the previous year to make room for new and upcoming merch. While you want to cash in on Q4, if you miss it one year, you can still build toward the following Q4 with planning some big releases for that season.

 

Not too disappointed in the delay, as I understand these things can happen. One silver lining is maybe we get more playable demos for the app in the short term.

 

 

 

 

What about Q3?  Also, it would be nice to have more demos on the app.  Not sure if it'll happen.  But one can hope.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...