Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

12 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Pretty dogs. Something's got there attention off to the left. That cracks me up.

Squirrel!!! 🐿️🐿️🐿️

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Everyone,

I don't have time to go through every post from the weekend but I have read them all and I just want to thank everyone for understanding the difficult and challenging situation we've been dealing with and for being so patient with us.

As I'm sure you all know, no one wants Amico out there more than the folks at Intellivision and it really means a lot to us that folks can see what we're going through because of all these challenges and that they are not giving up hope.

I can not wait until you are all playing Amico!!  And just know that we are doing everything in our power to make that happen.

Thank you all for your support and kind words of encouragement.  It really means a lot to us!

❤️

Thanks for always being there to keep us in the loop Tommy!  I don't ever recall having a company CEO constantly answer questions and give updates to the general public the way you are doing!  It takes a lot of your day, but is so appreciated by the community and one of the reasons SO many people are looking forward to the release.  I for one, can't wait to get my hands on the console and dive into the games.  Crossing my fingers that production goes well and we're able to get the console before end of the year!

• Like 10

On 8/8/2021 at 10:17 AM, Intellivision Master said:

What about Q3?  Also, it would be nice to have more demos on the app.  Not sure if it'll happen.  But one can hope.

Q3 is a huge part of building toward Q4, but since it's summer and back to school time, it's not a great time for families, but a huge potential target market is colleges where co-op games in dorms, apartments, and Greek houses could be huge. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, squirrelgotdead said:

Q3 is a huge part of building toward Q4, but since it's summer and back to school time, it's not a great time for families, but a huge potential target market is colleges where co-op games in dorms, apartments, and Greek houses could be huge. 

Okay, that makes sense.  I know that some consoles in NA released in September which is part of Q3.  Such as the PS1, N64 & Sega Dreamcast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LePionnier said:

DJC, you and PandaSub2000 could collaborate for his next video, like letting him use the song !? He said one of his video will be in the world of night stalker ! 😀

I already mentioned it to both of them!   :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes.  VIP's are part of the group which we are focused on trying to deliver by the end of the year.  All current pre-orders are in that group.

Thanks for the clarification!  Hopefully the Amico ski lift will be in service this holiday season. ;)

• Like 8

Greetings, Programs!

You may have noticed that this thread has a new name, and that it is now unpinned.  These are the latest changes in an effort to give the Amico subforum a badly-needed reorganization.  These changes have been discussed between Tommy and the AtariAge staff, and we have come to a consensus on how to proceed, so I wanted to provide a few details about what that process will entail.

It's easy to forget it now, but before the Amico subforum was created, this thread (originally in the classic Intellivision section) was the only place for Amico discussion on AtariAge.  At the time it was started, I don't think anyone ever intended it to still be going for this long, but with the delays and other challenges, this thread has continued to stretch and sprawl.  This has created some problems that we've received a number of complaints about:

1. The thread has now grown too big to effectively serve its original purpose (for Q&A).  Readers are unable to easily search for questions that had been previously asked, much less the answers to those questions.  As the circumstances have continued to evolve, I'm sure it's also a lot of work for everyone to keep up with the most recent and most accurate information.

2. Its sheer size has also created certain structural problems in the entire subforum.  Many of the "regulars" here have gotten used to coming to this thread for everything, preventing the parallel conversations that are always happening here from branching out to other discussion threads in the natural way that they otherwise would.  In effect, this thread continues to "absorb all the oxygen" in the subforum, starving other threads and preventing them from growing.

3. Unfortunately, this thread has also become a convenient target for trolls, providing a single spot where they can continue to poke at the fans where they know it will hurt.

For all of these reasons, we're looking to move to the next step in the process of reorganizing the Amico discussions.  The first step was to split the Amico topics into their own subforum, which has been done.  The next step is to begin to transition away from using this thread as a central point of conversation, allowing the discussions to organically "break up" into a collection of individual threads which can more easily be kept on topic.

So, when you would otherwise feel the need to post something in this thread—such as game suggestions, the latest Amico-related videos from content creators on YouTube and elsewhere, reactions to the most recent announcements from Intellivision Entertainment, questions about specific games, etc.—look to one of the other threads in the Amico subforum instead.  If a suitable thread doesn't already exist, or if you think the closest fit is too laden with negativity, feel free to create a new thread!

(Of course, the forum rules and guidelines will continue to apply.  As always, if anyone encounters any violations of these rules, please report them to the moderating staff.  As we have previously indicated, users who continually create problems, which include off-topic posts, will be banned from the Amico subforum—not just from individual threads—or potentially from the entire forum, as circumstances warrant.)

Once the discussions here have had a chance to spread out into new threads, this thread will eventually be closed down.  In the meantime, if you are wondering how you'll be able to follow the latest updates across multiple threads without having to manually check them all, take a look at my next post.  It includes a mini-tutorial on how to set up and use activity streams, one of the lesser-known forum features which makes this very easy.  Let us know if you have any questions, and as always, thank you for your participation!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

For anyone who is concerned about not being able to follow the latest activity as we split the Amico discussions into multiple threads, we recently added some forum tools which make this about as easy as reading a single thread.  Not a lot of people know about these tools, and it only takes a few minutes to set up, so I'd like to use this post to provide a quick walk-through of this process to anyone who will be using activity streams for the first time.

Near the top of every discussion thread, there is a "Follow" button.  Here is an example of how it looks on my screen:

00.thumb.png.cafbfca1f43890734bd3b943070cf979.png

This is how you can flag individual threads that you're interested in tracking.  (Some of you are already using it simply to receive notifications of new posts.)  To see the latest activity in all of the threads you're following, click the "Unread Content" link at the top of the page ...

01.thumb.png.1ebb661f651cff3bb452c0c8c9633cde.png

... and then filter the results to show only the content you're following ...

02.thumb.png.3e755966ecb399e4485a11c72b981178.png

This will allow you to review all the latest posts in all the threads you're following, all in one place, without even having to look at any other threads you are not following.  If you want to sort by read/unread status, post date/time, and so forth, you can simply choose the options that you want from the other drop-down menus.

When you have the options set the way you like, just click the "Save as New Stream" button on the right (just below the menus).  The new stream will then appear in the "My Activity Streams" menu:

03.thumb.png.4ef5efce394aa6a1c8d319c527a0d0a0.png

The advantage of this approach is that it's easy to track multiple threads at the same time, and you only need to set it up once.  As we expand to more threads, just "Follow" the ones you want to track, and they'll be automatically included in your activity stream where you can monitor and manage them all in one place.  This will also save you time by cutting down on the number of "junk" posts you have to sort through; as the threads continue to evolve, any posts that are off-topic will be removed or split off into other threads that don't appear in your activity stream.

Give this feature a try, and let us know if you have any questions about how to use it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for posting @jaybird3rd!!

I think there have been a lot of times where folks were going back through thousands of posts trying to find something someone said at one point.  I know I have!  And it's so big that it even takes me awhile using the thread search!

I think this will be a great way to have other specific threads as well... for example... @Intellivision Master!!  I expect you to make a Wouldn't That Be Something? thread where everyone can post videos of games they would like to see come to Amico at one point (along with discussions on why).  :)

I know that I'll be starting a new thread that contains all of the positive reviews and videos that people have made that have actually played Amico.  A great way to reference folks to an area when someone tries to make the argument that "no one has played it", "there is lag", "hardcore gamers won't like it", "families won't like it", "they've never shown the console boot up", "they never show deep dives of games", etc.  :D

I'd also love to see @CurlyQ start a thread that has ALL of his Amico pics since the beginning!  WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING!??!?!!!!!!!

As for this thread... this will still be my "go to" area to have fun and have positive conversations with people. And I hope you'll continue to do the same. You'll noticed I named it FUN Amico conversations.  Fun... as in "positive" and fun.  So if you're looking to spam this thread with negativity, misinformation and hatred... look elsewhere.  Or maybe... you can start your own "negative critiques" thread and enjoy the company of others who feel that way.  Win-Win for everyone! 

Thanks everyone!

So... without further ado...

let-the-fun-begin.thumb.jpg.bb70cc618c37fe0522eaf59becde5a91.jpg

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I think this will be a great way to have other specific threads as well... for example... @Intellivision Master!!  I expect you to make a Wouldn't That Be Something? thread where everyone can post videos of games they would like to see come to Amico at one point (along with discussions on why).  :)

There's too many threads now.  Lol.  I could make a Wouldn't that be something? thread but I've run out ideas for game requests.  Lol.  I'm sure you noticed lately that I haven't put up as many.   That doesn't mean others can't though.  

By the way, I did make the thread like you asked Tommy.  We'll see how it turns out over time.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

There's too many threads now.  Lol.  I could make a Wouldn't that be something? thread but I've run out ideas for game requests.  Lol.  I'm sure you noticed lately that I haven't put up as many.   That doesn't mean others can't though.  

By the way, I did make the thread like you asked Tommy.  We'll see how it turns out over time.

You forgot to add the

:)

If you have time... I'd love to get all of the things you've done in the past into there.  Whenever I try to look for something I remember you posting... I could never find it!  Hopefully we wouldn't have that much of an issue anymore.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

You forgot to ad the

If you have time... I'd love to get all of the things you've done in the past into there.  Whenever I try to look for something I remember you posting... I could never find it!  Hopefully we wouldn't have that much of an issue anymore.

Oh, my bad.  I'll go fix that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Oh, my bad.  I'll go fix that.

I went ahead and fixed it.  (To edit thread titles, I believe you have to use the full editor on the first post in the thread, which isn't very obvious.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

I went ahead and fixed it.  (To edit thread titles, I believe you have to use the full editor on the first post in the thread, which isn't very obvious.)

I was able to fix it.  I had to google on how to do that.  When highlighting the topic, it said click and hold to edit.  At first I didn't know until that message appeared.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Intellivision Master said:

I was able to fix it.  I had to google on how to do that.

Excellent!  Glad you found it.

• Like 1

All good things must come to an end. 

I want to thank all that have contributed and had to manage this thread. It was a daily lurk for me during the pandemic, and I have not stopped lurking. I understand the reasons for breaking it up, but it does make me a little sad on certain levels. 

Thank you Tommy for being so open during all of this time. I wish the best for Amico, and I will be one of the many playing it. 

I am raising my glass to say “the thread is dead, long live the thread!!!”

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

I want to thank all that have contributed and had to manage this thread. It was a daily lurk for me during the pandemic, and I have not stopped lurking. I understand the reasons for breaking it up, but it does make me a little sad on certain levels. 

Thank you Tommy for being so open during all of this time. I wish the best for Amico, and I will be one of the many playing it. 

It is sad.  I'm going to miss the Q&A thread.  I did a lot of posting on there.  Lol.  It won't be the same anymore.  But that's okay.

• Like 5

I have a question, Tommy. If someone wanted to develop a game for the Amico, could they use Unity or does Intellivision have its own proprietary development tool set for developers? If the answer is the latter, then how would a developer obtain these tools to begin work on their project? 

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I was hoping to get my question in before the thread closes.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, woobman said:

So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Hook 42 SF Bay Area Drupal Experts  and WordPress Experts

Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy ?

This makes me sad... I'm too old for change.

Nah, it's ok. Thanks guys for the information regarding the changes. 

• Like 2

Tommy, will preorders from Amazon and Argos in the UK be fulfilled before Xmas? I have ordered 2 Amico’s from Argos, and next month I will have to pay for them both in full or I will loose the preorder as it was ordered on a buy now and pay in 9 months basis? Does the free gift apply to us in the UK as well? Many Thanks. 😀👍

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

Just to clarify, it's not dead and won't be closed.  It's just evolving a bit.  Feel free to ask questions here that you don't deem important enough to start a brand new thread.  Just trying to break out some of the video, graphic, important question stuff so it's easier to search.  But I'm not going anywhere.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

I have a question, Tommy. If someone wanted to develop a game for the Amico, could they use Unity or does Intellivision have its own proprietary development tool set for developers? If the answer is the latter, then how would a developer obtain these tools to begin work on their project? 

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I was hoping to get my question in before the thread closes.

Just to be clear to everyone... this thread isn't closing.  :)

Yes!  You can use Unity!  About 90% of the current Amico games are done in Unity.

Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Just to be clear to everyone... this thread isn't closing.  :)

Yes!  You can use Unity!  About 90% of the current Amico games are done in Unity.

Thanks!

Thank you, Tommy! I appreciate the response. ☺️

• Like 3