Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

26 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Tommy, will preorders from Amazon and Argos in the UK be fulfilled before Xmas? I have ordered 2 Amico’s from Argos, and next month I will have to pay for them both in full or I will loose the preorder as it was ordered on a buy now and pay in 9 months basis? Does the free gift apply to us in the UK as well? Many Thanks. 😀👍

We are going to be trying our hardest to fulfill ALL pre-orders at this time.  That would include the ones handled by the Koch folks (i.e. all of Europe/UK).

My understanding is that anyone who has put down a pre-order will be contacted via e-mail for their free gift.  I would imagine it may take a little longer for the orders not directly done through Intellivision (as we already have everyone's e-mail address).  If you don't receive it over the next week or so, feel free to PM me directly here and I'll take care of it.

Thanks!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

Once the discussions here have had a chance to spread out into new threads, this thread will eventually be closed down.

Tommy said this thread won't close.  Well according to jaybird3rd, this thread will close down at some point.

Edited by Intellivision Master

42 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Just to clarify, it's not dead and won't be closed.  It's just evolving a bit.  Feel free to ask questions here that you don't deem important enough to start a brand new thread.  Just trying to break out some of the video, graphic, important question stuff so it's easier to search.  But I'm not going anywhere.

:)

Since I am thread noob I will be Staying in this one.... @Tommy Tallarico Maybe we should rename this Amico - Only Fans   LOL MUhahahahahahaha

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy said this thread won't close.  Well according to jaybird3rd, this thread will close down at some point.

Apologies for the confusion.  The thread certainly isn't closing down right away; we're giving everyone the time to transition the discussions to other threads first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

1. Unfortunately, this thread has also become a convenient target for trolls, providing a single spot where they can continue to poke at the fans where they know it will hurt.

Meanwhile, users who got banned or restricted from this thread are venting their frustrations throughout the rest of the Amico subforum. Will this mean that we need to deal with them every time we would like to make a thread? I hope not...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Oldfool said:

I want to thank all that have contributed and had to manage this thread. It was a daily lurk for me during the pandemic, and I have not stopped lurking. I understand the reasons for breaking it up, but it does make me a little sad on certain levels.

Thank you for participating for all this time!  I'm glad that you mentioned having a place to go during the pandemic, because that's one of the things I've mentioned to some of the other staff as being one of the things this thread did for us.  In the beginning, we had a nascent Amico community here, and I didn't police the thread too strictly for off-topic content because I wanted to give it a chance to grow and cohere.  When the pandemic hit, I also hoped that it would continue to be a friendly place where people could congregate during the lockdowns, and indeed that's just what happened.

Again, just to clarify for everybody: the thread isn't closing down until after we've made the transition, replacing the major discussion topics with dedicated threads.  As for the more general or ephemeral daily community "chit-chat," there are alternatives for that, too, which will also have the added benefit of being troll-free.  So, nothing is coming to an end; we're just organizing things a bit better.

• Like 7

Just now, Battlefish said:

Meanwhile, users who got banned or restricted from this thread are venting their frustrations throughout the rest of the Amico subforum. Will this mean that we need to deal with them every time we would like to make a thread? I hope not...

No.  If certain individuals continue to be a source of problems for us across multiple threads, we have the ability to block them from the entire subforum, not just from individual topics, just as they have already been warned.  So, they're not hurting anyone but themselves if they continue doing what they're doing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Apologies for the confusion.  The thread certainly isn't closing down right away; we're giving everyone the time to transition the discussions to other threads first.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

We are going to be trying our hardest to fulfill ALL pre-orders at this time.  That would include the ones handled by the Koch folks (i.e. all of Europe/UK).

My understanding is that anyone who has put down a pre-order will be contacted via e-mail for their free gift.  I would imagine it may take a little longer for the orders not directly done through Intellivision (as we already have everyone's e-mail address).  If you don't receive it over the next week or so, feel free to PM me directly here and I'll take care of it.

Thanks!

Thanks Tommy for your help. Hopefully you will be able to come over to the uk soon, so we can at least have a go on Amico this year. 😀👍🇬🇧

• Like 4

This thread wouldn't be on page 1297 if it wasn't for me.  Lol.  It would probably be on page 500 right now.  I wanted to apologize for making a lot of posts that weren't really necessary and for getting off topic at times.   I have fun interacting with you all here.  It's also nice when Tommy drops by to talk to us.  

Anyway, I look forward to Amico's arrival.  It can't come soon enough.  As OEB Pete would say; "Have an Amico Day".

• Like 11

This thread wouldn't be on page 1297 if it wasn't for me.  Lol.  It would probably be on page 500 right now.  I wanted to apologize for making a lot of posts that weren't really necessary and for getting off topic at times.   I have fun interacting with you all here.  It's also nice when Tommy drops by to talk to us.  

Anyway, I look forward to Amico's arrival.  It can't come soon enough.  As OEB Pete would say; "Have an Amico Day".

Ha! 

No need to apologize!  It is always okay to veer off-topic. 

I started the thread as a Q&A but it quickly became a great place to have lots of cool conversations... and to post funny pics (especially CurlyQ!!).

:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Intellivision Master, thanks go to you for keeping this thread rolling along,making sure to supply some entertainment when things got super quiet or even hostile in here at times.

You maintained a positive attitude throughout all of it, and all of the above is much appreciated as well! 😊👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

No need to apologize!  I think some of the games you've suggested would work better for the Amico than others, but speaking only for myself, I always found the suggestions interesting ... and they introduced me to a few games I might never have heard of otherwise!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Very cool right??  He sent it to me a few days ago.

He's doing an entire Intellivision album!

• Like 8

On 2/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, Starpaddler said:

I’m putting in my reservation now for one of the 25 slots that will be available for page 1979 😁

Noooo!  But, but, 😢 I have a reservation 

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

As much as I've found this thread to be useful, I've been feeling for some months now that it's gotten far too large and unwieldy to the point where it's a hassle to go through and see what I have missed, as I'll have literal dozens of pages to go back and read if I don't come here for several days, and I kind of stopped doing that just because it takes so long and it's faster just to ask what I've missed, so I appreciate the changes, as I hope that it will be easier to keep track of things now.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 4

Hey Tommy,

Loving all the posts about the physical media. I need them all! Where and when can we look to start pre-booking all that stuff? 

As for the delay...don't care...freakin stoked since you announced it on EP Live in 2018! I have Diamond Hands on this one ;)

The Wren

• Like 3

Yawn! 😴
I missed half a year by oversleeping, so what happened?
Is the Amico still postponed and what year will it be released then?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, wolfy62 said:
14 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Always fun to see new posts from you.. Keep 'em coming!!!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

As much as I've found this thread to be useful, I've been feeling for some months now that it's gotten far too large and unwieldy to the point where it's a hassle to go through and see what I have missed, as I'll have literal dozens of pages to go back and read if I don't come here for several days, and I kind of stopped doing that just because it takes so long and it's faster just to ask what I've missed, so I appreciate the changes, as I hope that it will be easier to keep track of things now.

It's my fault Steven.  😁

• Like 1