Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

I really enjoyed this one.

Here's a really great discussion with a group of people who all played Amico and talk about their different experiences and thoughts on a multitude of the games and the controller.

The Level 857 guys played many games for hours and hours over a 2 day period (when we were in PA last month) and ArtofMana played it when I was in his area on my vacation at the end of June, early August up in Oregon.

• Like 5

Hey Tommy, sorry to insist, but there seems to be a patent fight between Intellivision and Cilanto for the similarity of Amiga and Amico as brands.

The case you mentioned where a second company also tried to secure the rights to the Amiga brand is this one: https://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87287078&docId=ORC20210131034338#docIndex=0&page=1

However, the Amiga Vs. Amico case is this one: https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=91263702&pty=OPP

This last case seems seems to have been suspended several times for periods of 60 days because "both parties were negotiating". Can you comment on that or is it confidential? When both you and the CFO say there isn't any issue with this, is it because you are very close to an agreement?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Different company.  The current holders need something in the last few years to be relevant for trademarks.

Sorry, I was mislead into believing you were looking for a console that once featured the Amiga name. 

3 hours ago, adam1977 said:

I'm saddened to read some of the comments on the other threads in this sub forum, some of the characters posting are just vile, when this thread goes I don't think i'll bother clicking on this section at all due to the nastiness 😪

I can't say I blame you.  There is a lot of negativity going on in a couple of threads.  You will find they involve the same group of trolls.  It doesn't do much good calling them out on it when they feel they are trying to "help" the product get better.  Like you said it's all negative vile garbage.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey Tommy, sorry to insist, but there seems to be a patent fight between Intellivision and Cilanto for the similarity of Amiga and Amico as brands.

The case you mentioned where a second company also tried to secure the rights to the Amiga brand is this one: https://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87287078&docId=ORC20210131034338#docIndex=0&page=1

However, the Amiga Vs. Amico case is this one: https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=91263702&pty=OPP

This last case seems seems to have been suspended several times for periods of 60 days because "both parties were negotiating". Can you comment on that or is it confidential? When both you and the CFO say there isn't any issue with this, is it because you are very close to an agreement?

There isn't an issue or fight.  That's all I'll say about it at this point.

As mentioned by Nick, mulitiple companies who claim to own the Amiga trademark have reached out to us wanting our help to resolve.

Nothing more we can say at this point.  But rest assured, the Amico name is trademarked and safe.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

I have to bring up a new concern to Amico, this one my wife brought up. You've all heard of Nintendo thumb, but my wife just told me I have Amico brain.  

It sounds serious 🧐 

I would get that checked out.  It might be contagious.  Lol.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

If you would repost the first part referring -only- to the Amiga brand into the thread "Amiga/Amico and the trademark objection", I can clarify this for you.

Hey guys, imagine we live in an alternate reality where some small company had been using an "Amico" brand for years and, due to a misunderstanding, the Amico was forced to change its name.

What name would you choose?

Here are my first attempts: GameFriend, FamiParty, Vinur (Icelandic for friend) Festa (Italian for party; several marks already with that name but no gaming-related), Hoa (Hawaiian for friend).

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey guys, imagine we live in an alternate reality where some small company had been using an "Amico" brand for years and, due to a misunderstanding, the Amico was forced to change its name.

Here are my first attempts: GameFriend, FamiParty, Vinur (Icelandic for friend) Festa (Italian for party; several marks already with that name but no gaming-related), Hoa (Hawaiian for friend).

How about "Bra?" It's Hawaiian for brother.  Hey wait a minute this sounds familiar...

Dwoalin Ⓥ on Twitter: "… "

Sorry @IntelliMission !  I couldn't resist! 🤣 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

I can't say I blame you.  There is a lot of negativity going on in a couple of threads.  You will find they involve the same group of trolls.  It doesn't do much good calling them out on it when they feel they are trying to "help" the product get better.  Like you said it's all negative vile garbage.

It's pretty tiresome and sad that these plebs have nothing else better to do, it's the same situation with the AtariAge facebook page too, so I left the group, I just don't need the negativity, there's enough of that in the world at the moment 😪

Edited by adam1977
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, adam1977 said:

It's pretty tiresome and sad that these plebs have nothing else better to do, it's the same situation with the AtariAge facebook page too, so I left the group, I just don't need the negativity, there's enough of that in the world at the moment 😪

Some of these guys spend most of their free time pretending they like the Amico in this subforum so they can keep launching conspiracy theories without being banned for "being constantly negative".

What they don't realize is that, just like in a Stephen King's movie or book, they're "trapped in limbo", forced to focus in an entertainment product they hate... forever.

I wonder if they will ever realize, and I wonder if the creators of Atari Age rules were aware of this Eternal Punishment they inadvertently set in place for trolls.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Some of these guys spend most of their free time pretending they like the Amico in this subforum so they can keep launching conspiracy theories without being banned for "being constantly negative".

This comment also seems like a "conspiracy theory" 😉😁

We had a real scam and a world class scammer with the Chameleon. The VCS was and is a total COTS sham with an amateur hour execution. This is just a delayed project with reputable (but not infallible) people behind it. I have no doubt I will get my consoles as ordered, and if it happens before late spring 2022 I will be shocked. That to me is the extent of the situation.

Edited by Pipercub
added year
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, atarifan88 said:

How about "Bra?" It's Hawaiian for brother.  Hey wait a minute this sounds familiar...

Dwoalin Ⓥ on Twitter: "… "

Sorry @IntelliMission !  I couldn't resist! 🤣 

Well, there are two controllers designed to "rest in the top" when not in use.

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Two of the names that I was using very early on was...

Intellivision Quest
Intellivision Spark

• Like 11

Is the free game on your birthday limited to one person per console? It would be great if that could support up to 3 or even 2 to ensure that the number of younger kids in a household could have the experience. If it's limited to one per console I think it would be better if it was a special date related to the whole family - but that doesn't have the same effect as the Birthday experience with the blowing out of the candles with the controller, etc. Would like to hear if there has been any update on this - I haven't seen anything since the early demo.

I just thought of an idea - how about you allow the birthday gift to be assigned to the controller instead of the system. That way every system would allow for 2 and it would be an extra perk when you buy more physical controllers - you would get an extra birthday slot. Essentially a built in rebate on a controller purchase.

• Like 6

If you want to get someones dander up...

Intellivision: Wee Back

Intellivision FLASHFOWARD

MINGLEVISION

Haters gonna hate, but these controllers are great!

• Haha 4

Two of the names that I was using very early on was...

Intellivision Quest
Intellivision Spark

Intellivision Fuggedaboutit!
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Is the free game on your birthday limited to one person per console? It would be great if that could support up to 3 or even 2 to ensure that the number of younger kids in a household could have the experience.

Buy 1 console for the orphanage, get the whole library free.  😄

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Buy 1 console for the orphanage, get the whole library free.  😄

Haha. Meanwhile, Oliver Twist would still ask for more…

Oliver: Please sir, may I have more free Amico?

Tommy: Moooorreeee?!

Sorry - old reference 😂

• Like 3

Seems like pre orders should be either cut off or at the least do what Playdate and Steamdeck are doing by telling people it will be next year for new pre orders. Currently even the Intellivision website makes it seem like it's still on track for October in the pre order section.  Honestly,  I am more worried about this project than ever before.  You may want to consider talking to Schiit Audio who make audiophile equipment in Texas with US parts. They make both high end and some very affordable products. 

• Confused 1