Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

This is going in a sad direction. Three release dates promised but three delays given. Does not give a very confidential image to customers. Empty promises are poison for customers. Can IE afford such thing? I really feel bad for game developers. But on the other hand, your target customer doesn’t even know about the whole device

This reminds me year ago when the special event was postponed to next day 15 minutes before the start of the broadcast. However, stream time had been advertised for several weeks. Very unprofessional. I hope the reason wasn't that short clip of Eathworm Jim 4. As if it could not have been released the next day on a different video. Anyway, in spite of everything I wanted to share my thoughts while waiting for my FE by the end of the year!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Is the free game on your birthday limited to one person per console? It would be great if that could support up to 3 or even 2 to ensure that the number of younger kids in a household could have the experience.

No, you can have as many ”birthday celebrations” as needed, you just have to pay for any additional games/gifts. 

Amazon.de have the new Amico release date as December 31, 2022. I really hope that’s a place holder date 😳

BD8F8AA6-F5C4-49BF-8953-218078FCF829.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

release date as December 31, 2022

Seems to be a placeholder but it suggests that either @Tommy Tallarico does not have specific plans regarding the production, or Amazon is kept in the dark. Neither of these options would be great. 😕 

1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

Amazon.de have the new Amico release date as December 31, 2022. I really hope that’s a place holder date 😳

BD8F8AA6-F5C4-49BF-8953-218078FCF829.jpeg

Yes.

Placeholder.

Normal to do when there isn't a current known date available.  Will change when we have an exact date.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Placeholder.

Shouldn't then be changed also Intellivision website? "[T]argeting a release of the Amico in October 2021"?

image.thumb.png.c00f439549c5b57b1e088aff693d3216.png

Edited by Lusorius
Typo

To be honest, I am really confused by Intellivision's communication 😕 . Is there a real plan to send out pre-orders in October 2021? If not, why the webpage states otherwise?

50 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Shouldn't then be changed also Intellivision website? "[T]argeting a release of the Amico in October 2021"?

image.thumb.png.c00f439549c5b57b1e088aff693d3216.png

Our folks changed it in a bunch of places on the website.  This one must have slipped by. 

I've sent it along to our web folks.  Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thanks for letting us know.

That is fine. I know it is difficult, especially under current scrutiny that Amico attracted, but please, try to get the communication under control. Hopefully, it will get better. 

• Confused 1

I'm guessing that today(maybe by midnight 😅) we'll find out what the free pre-order gift is. Looking forward to any new info. Does accepting this gift make the preorder deposit non-refundable?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lusorius said:

I know it is difficult, especially under current scrutiny that Amico attracted, but please, try to get the communication under control.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Lusorius said:

To be honest, I am really confused by Intellivision's communication 😕 . Is there a real plan to send out pre-orders in October 2021? If not, why the webpage states otherwise?

Sounds like you know about the announcement that they are not shipping this October.  I think the announcement was very clear.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Sounds like you know about the announcement that they are not shipping this October.  I think the announcement was very clear.

Therefore it is surprising to see such inconsistencies and bad communication.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes.

Placeholder.

Normal to do when there isn't a current known date available.  Will change when we have an exact date.

Yes Amazon is funny like that.  There as a book I was waiting for by an author whose first book I enjoyed, I checked the Amazon release date and they had 2045 as the year! 😄

image.thumb.png.5f75dc33a0b396aa42196f15de4cad14.png

Edited by Zee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Here we go again...

A good meme 😂. But I am honestly often confused by Tallarico. Like the recent question about NFT. First Tallarico says that he did not confirm it and that it was just an idea, then he turns around and says that he confirmed it (in the past?). However, is that still something current? I don't know what is the case. Is there NFT, is there not? And the list goes on and on.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

I'm guessing that today(maybe by midnight 😅) we'll find out what the free pre-order gift is. Looking forward to any new info.

Correct.  Coming today!

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

A good meme 😂. But I am honestly often confused by Tallarico. Like the recent question about NFT. First Tallarico says that he did not confirm it and that it was just an idea, then he turns around and says that he confirmed it (in the past?). However, is that still something current? I don't know what is the case. Is there NFT, is there not? And the list goes on and on.

They haven't officially revealed their physical game editions.  You'll just have to wait for the details.  Companies have the right to reveal details of new products when they feel it benefits them.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Thank you for your continued interest in Amico and for being a part of the Amico community.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Companies have the right to reveal details of new products when they feel it benefits them.

Definitely true! But this is a different case - more like creating confusion. One day saying one thing, another day saying another thing. It does not seem to be bring much benefits, to be honest.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thank you for your continued interest in Amico and for being a part of the Amico community.

I thank you also for your continued interest in Amico ;). 

6 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

I'm guessing that today(maybe by midnight 😅) we'll find out what the free pre-order gift is. Looking forward to any new info. Does accepting this gift make the preorder deposit non-refundable?

Yo!  I just wanted to clarify something real quick.  When I responded earlier saying Correct... Coming Today.  I meant in regards to getting the gift.  I was NOT responding to the second part of the question.  Of course people can still get their pre-order deposit back and accepting the gift does NOT lock you into your pre-order.  Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just got the first email...   I like what I'm reading. Thank you Tommy!!!!   VERY NICE!!!!

I'll only post the last little bit...

We understand and acknowledge that this doesn't replace the disappointment we all share, but we did want to do something for your valued patience and understanding.

Thank you again for your unwavering support and we look forward to everyone being able to play Amico as soon as possible.

The Intellivision Team

While you are right.. It doesn't replace the Amico.. It is a great gesture to the people that have been sticking with it. Looking forward to the next email! And as always, looking forward to the Amico!

Edited by woobman
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yo!  I just wanted to clarify something real quick.  When I responded earlier saying Correct... Coming Today.  I meant in regards to getting the gift.  I was NOT responding to the second part of the question.  Of course people can still get their pre-order deposit back and accepting the gift does NOT lock you into your pre-order.  Thanks!

A nice gesture from you and your team/org, thanks.

I don't read or post much any more due to real life busy and well, the negativity from many is grating after a while.  People are allowed their opinion, I just wish once it's off their chest, they would be done and we could move on but instead, there's a continuous circle-jerk that just isn't for me.

I know the ultimate goal for your company is to release Amico into everyone's hands ASAP, you guys do NOT benefit from these delays, in fact this uncertainty of when components are available and the pressures in dealing with delays with the large corporate customers must be something else on all your nerves.  Although I'm disappointed in the delay, these are NOT normal times and to be frank, there are worse crap going on in our world, so this isn't the end of the world and we will enjoy it when it's finally released 

now if Steam Deck is delayed, LET ME AT THEM! ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1