Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Got the email too! There's quite a lot there. :) The gesture is definitely appreciated, thanks Tommy and Amico team!

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

I saw the email from today.  I wanted to say thank you.  It is really nice what you're doing.  I appreciate it.

I agree! Thanks so much!  Very much appreciated!

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Loafer said:

A nice gesture from you and your team/org, thanks.

I don't read or post much any more due to real life busy and well, the negativity from many is grating after a while.  People are allowed their opinion, I just wish once it's off their chest, they would be done and we could move on but instead, there's a continuous circle-jerk that just isn't for me.

I know the ultimate goal for your company is to release Amico into everyone's hands ASAP, you guys do NOT benefit from these delays, in fact this uncertainty of when components are available and the pressures in dealing with delays with the large corporate customers must be something else on all your nerves.  Although I'm disappointed in the delay, these are NOT normal times and to be frank, there are worse crap going on in our world, so this isn't the end of the world and we will enjoy it when it's finally released 

now if Steam Deck is delayed, LET ME AT THEM! ;)

Nice to see you back Loafer, I'd strongly recommend just skipping the posts that you know are slanted or are from certain individuals you come to know of their agenda.  Don't give up the fun of being here and speaking to the vast majority of folks for the few folks who add frustration; just skim over them - But I do understand being busy in RL, so that may be more of the cause.

Take care and just ignore the chaff!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yo!  I just wanted to clarify something real quick.  When I responded earlier saying Correct... Coming Today.  I meant in regards to getting the gift.  I was NOT responding to the second part of the question.  Of course people can still get their pre-order deposit back and accepting the gift does NOT lock you into your pre-order.  Thanks!

Thanks Tommy! 

Much appreciated and thanks for going an extra distance with offering this up as a consolation to a delay that is driven by circumstances of the world and all but out of IE's control. 

Looking forward to giving it a look and listen thru.

• Like 6

@jaybird3rd - Is there a way to apply an ignore, block or do not show filter to individuals who consistently post things I'm not really interested in reading? 

If not, it might be something worth looking into to be added to AA.  

Maybe instead of seeing a post from a filtered person, you instead see "click here to read post from contributor you've blocked".  That way you have the option of still easily reading if you are particularly board that day.

Expanding things further, when some one gets x number of blocks they get a warning, at XX blocks they get a time out, and if found that people are banding together and blocking for no obvious  reason (like that wouldn't happen), they all get booted

Could kinda be like Candy Crush for Moderators 💯

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I know many have already said so, but thank you Tommy to you and the Intellivision team. The free music gift was nice, and it's comforting to see you show appreciation for your fans and those who pre-ordered the Amico. 👍

• Like 8

3 hours ago, SevenTari said:

Got the email too! There's quite a lot there. :) The gesture is definitely appreciated, thanks Tommy and Amico team!

I did not receive an email ….

• Sad 1

This is shaping up to be a good Friday the 13th!

Can't wait to get the 2nd email. :)

Thank you again Tommy and all the team at Intellivision!

• Like 4

Sorry to say that I agree with this video and I’m extremely disappointed that Tommy did not come on camera to share the news in person. If you are losing my interest , I can’t be the only one . I hope it does come out this year. That’s my rant !

Edited by Cranker

10 hours ago, woobman said:

Just got the first email...   I like what I'm reading. Thank you Tommy!!!!   VERY NICE!!!!

I'll only post the last little bit...

We understand and acknowledge that this doesn't replace the disappointment we all share, but we did want to do something for your valued patience and understanding.

Thank you again for your unwavering support and we look forward to everyone being able to play Amico as soon as possible.

The Intellivision Team

While you are right.. It doesn't replace the Amico.. It is a great gesture to the people that have been sticking with it. Looking forward to the next email! And as always, looking forward to the Amico!

Thank you!  I'm glad it is being received as a positive gesture.  It's the least I could do for everyone being so patient, kind and understanding.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Loafer said:

A nice gesture from you and your team/org, thanks.

I don't read or post much any more due to real life busy and well, the negativity from many is grating after a while.  People are allowed their opinion, I just wish once it's off their chest, they would be done and we could move on but instead, there's a continuous circle-jerk that just isn't for me.

I know the ultimate goal for your company is to release Amico into everyone's hands ASAP, you guys do NOT benefit from these delays, in fact this uncertainty of when components are available and the pressures in dealing with delays with the large corporate customers must be something else on all your nerves.  Although I'm disappointed in the delay, these are NOT normal times and to be frank, there are worse crap going on in our world, so this isn't the end of the world and we will enjoy it when it's finally released 

now if Steam Deck is delayed, LET ME AT THEM! ;)

Thank you!  I appreciate the support and understanding.  It really means a lot.

• Like 7

Yay, free music! I kind of wish it was lossless, as it seems to be lossy audio instead, but I won't complain. I was looking at the tracklists on Tommy's website last year or so and I remember seeing quite a few good and excellent tracks on some of these. It's been a while since I bought an actual game soundtrack, as I do do that sometimes, but I have been putting all of the Saturn games that I buy into my computer to see if they have Red Book audio. I wish they still used Red Book audio, but I think it's harder to get it to loop properly or something like that, which is why the music loops really weirdly in the Saturn version of Thunder Force III. I'm sure Tommy knows why Red Book audio stopped being used, though, so I might as well ask.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, SevenTari said:

Thank you for hanging in there with us.  It's the least we could do.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

I saw the email from today.  I wanted to say thank you.  It is really nice what you're doing.  I appreciate it.

Thank you for always being there to support us.  It means more than you will ever know!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, timbofry1 said:

I agree! Thanks so much!  Very much appreciated!

And I appreciate all the folks who have stuck with us during all the craziness over the past year.  I can't wait for everyone to finally get to play their own Amico.

Rest assured, the entire team is working extremely hard to make it happen ASAP.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Crusader71 said:

I too join in the thanks for the gift you wanted to give to pre-order owners. It's very welcome, thanks to Tommy and all the staff.

Thanks!  Everyone who pre-ordered directly from us should have received the e-mail by now.  If you pre-ordered from a retailer (GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, Argos, Saturn, MediaMkrt, etc. it may take longer as the retailers have been slow in getting us the required e-mails we need to send out the gift.

So if you are one of those people, please e-mail [email protected] and show them dated proof of your pre-order and they will take care of you ASAP.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, RetroAl said:

Big fan of VGL.  Very cool gift! 👍🎮

Thank you!  I hope you enjoy it!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Thanks Tommy! 

Much appreciated and thanks for going an extra distance with offering this up as a consolation to a delay that is driven by circumstances of the world and all but out of IE's control. 

Looking forward to giving it a look and listen thru.

Thanks!  There is a LOT of music in there.  My personal favorites are:

Video Games Live:  LEVEL 5
Video Games Live:  LEVEL 6
Advent Rising

Video Games Live: LEVEL 3

Make sure to check out those 4 if nothing else!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

@jaybird3rd - Is there a way to apply an ignore, block or do not show filter to individuals who consistently post things I'm not really interested in reading? 

If not, it might be something worth looking into to be added to AA.  

Maybe instead of seeing a post from a filtered person, you instead see "click here to read post from contributor you've blocked".  That way you have the option of still easily reading if you are particularly board that day.

Expanding things further, when some one gets x number of blocks they get a warning, at XX blocks they get a time out, and if found that people are banding together and blocking for no obvious  reason (like that wouldn't happen), they all get booted

Could kinda be like Candy Crush for Moderators 💯

If you hover over the users name you'll see an IGNORE USER option.  Lord knows I certainly use it a lot!

:D

I would recommend folks to REPORT POSTS that they feel break the rules set forth by the mods here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3