Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, GrudgeQ said:

Now I am just waiting for my free gifts for the delayed Polymega, PS5 library, Playdate, getting fiber run to your house, just about every car & lord help you if you want a van, passport renewals, etc. Oh wait, yeah nobody else is doing that, thanks Intellivision for always putting the customer first!

Dude, what are you saying? The Playdate was never delayed. It's clearly going to meet its scheduled released date of "sometime in 202020212022".

(Or at least that's what some people want to believe so they don't have to attack it the same way they attack other platforms for the same reason).

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Haha 10

Just downloading the gift albums now! That is quite the collection of music, it certainly will be quite the treat to hear some new (or at least new to me) Video Games Live music.

I still have and play the DVD (Level 2; pretty vintage now!) that I bought when I went to go watch the show performed live here quite a few years ago.

As it may be a while before anyone gets to see this show live and in person once more (thanks Corona!) this is a great gift.

Thank you for the amazing bonus! I know I am going to thoroughly enjoy hearing this collection.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

What difference does it make whether you communicate by email or video as long as you communicate?!  Tommy chose the email route.  At least he DID communicate.  That's what matters...

Something that bothers me is that it seems clear that very few to none of  the games are 100% complete so how could IE have met any of the release dates. That’s fine and not my business but is quite irritating to me . I might be wrong but it seems to be the case. If it releases in any quantities before Christmas I will be very surprised because does  2 months  make a difference at this point ? Sorry for the negativity but as I said, something is not right and it’s not just the missing parts. Nothing against Tommy or IE as I’m sure that they are doing their best  but maybe they are in over their head at this point. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Something that bothers me is that it seems clear that very few to none of  the games are 100% complete so how could IE have met any of the release dates. That’s fine and not my business but is quite irritating to me . I might be wrong but it seems to be the case. If it releases in any quantities before Christmas I will be very surprised because does  2 months  make a difference at this point ? Sorry for the negativity but as I said, something is not right and it’s not just the missing parts. Nothing against Tommy or IE as I’m sure that they are doing their best  but maybe they are in over their head at this point. 

Seems to me that many games are works of art to the creators that are never completed until they have to send them off for manufacture. If the system keeps getting delayed, the deadlines for the games will move along with it. They will continue to debug and refine until they have a hard deadline. 

I’m sure there have been delays that were growing pains, but I’m not convinced that the games not being declared 100% done is the litmus to something not being right with this situation. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

Seems to me that many games are works of art to the creators that are never completed until they have to send them off for manufacture. If the system keeps getting delayed, the deadlines for the games will move along with it. They will continue to debug and refine until they have a hard deadline. 

I’m sure there have been delays that were growing pains, but I’m not convinced that the games not being declared 100% done is the litmus to something not being right with this situation. 

That may be true but I am just saying that there seem to be many issues with the Amico besides the missing components. I don’t know what they are but it’s just a strong feeling and concern. I’m still a huge fan though. 

Edited by Cranker

9 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Actually, I have a question for the first time in a while; I was checking the list of countries that the system ships to on the Intellivision website and I noticed that Japan isn't listed. Does this apply to FE systems as well, or are they different? I seem to have something resembling a vague feeling that I might have asked about this a year ago or something, but I kind of completely forgot... let me know if I should contact customer support, I suppose.

Oh crap, I just realized it's 0120. That's probably why I feel so damn tired! Bed time.

They will ship anywhere you are as far as I know but I think they were going to look into launching in Japan but that it will be 2nd or 3rd launch 

4 minutes ago, Cranker said:

That may be true but I am just saying that there seem to be many issues with the Amico besides the missing components. I don’t know what they are but it’s just a strong feeling and concern. I’m still a huge fan though. 

I don’t think there are any issues that we haven’t been told about Intellivision has been open every step of the way so I feel like you are panicking for nothing.  There was a global pandemic that shut down California for 18 months. During that time factories were shut down all over the globe shipping prices have tripled or more, and although factories have reopened they haven’t caught up.  Cars are going back to old design to drop touch screens to get new models out.  There isn’t some massive conspiracy as Tommy has stated a few times here you never call a game complete until it has to be done you always take time to improve or fix bugs until you can’t we know 20 or more games are in final stages and another 50 in development.  Remember one of Tommy’s favorite things when talking about games design was either super Mario 3 or super Mario world I forgot which where once they felt the game was set they worked on it an additional 6 months.  Instead of worrying focus on the more important things this company is staffed with some of the best video games developers in the history of the industry they know how to make great games.  I’m going to trust that the team with over 600 years of video games industry experience mostly in the realm of games development know how to make games.  And again Intellivision has been more forthcoming with the process than any other company which tells me they believe in what they are doing.  This may be a new company but it is staffed with plenty of talented people so I see no reason to worry or have doubts about their ability to get the job done as soon as humanly possible in the current global parts shortages that the entire world is facing  

• Like 8

Tommy,

Wow, thanks for opening up the catalog for our free gift! There is a ton there, and it is very much appreciated. By the sheer amount of content I feel the sincerity of the message of thanks you were conveying. Thank you for sharing your art with us for no additional charge. My son and I are enjoying your work. 

Thanks again, and I am excited for you to complete your challenge, which will be soon in the big picture. Big ideas sometimes have big struggles, but the weak will critique while the strong will push on. You have a strong team. Good luck with the last leg of the launch. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

The Playdate was never delayed. It's clearly going to meet its scheduled released date of "sometime in 202020212022".

I never followed Playdate until this year but that's a solid observation. I found press remarks from 2019 that "the product expects to ship in early 2020," then a later update insisting "And yes, Playdate will (still) ship in 2020" which has now morphed into late-2021 for only a select number of pre-orders and the rest in an unspecified timespan of 2022.

Clearly a lot of circumstances are out of hardware-manufacturer control and these past couple years have been rough for new products. The Amico delays are certainly not unique. I'm rooting for both platforms equally, they have very different use cases and novelty :)

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I never followed Playdate until this year but that's a solid observation. I found press remarks from 2019 that "the product expects to ship in early 2020," then a later update insisting "And yes, Playdate will (still) ship in 2020" which has now morphed into late-2021 for only a select number of pre-orders and the rest in an unspecified timespan of 2022.

Clearly a lot of circumstances are out of hardware-manufacturer control and these past couple years have been rough for new products. The Amico delays are certainly not unique. I'm rooting for both platforms equally, they have very different use cases and novelty :)

Here's a little gem I found by googling ["early 2020" playdate]:

So it looks like 6 full months before the pandemic hit they were promising to open pre-orders in late 2019...

WOW! Such mismanagement, such unprofessionalism. [Panic CEO], I was on the fence with this console but please, improve the communications, ditch the stupid crank and generally make the console I, an obsessive nerd on the Interwebs, demand. The price increase is also a problem and has forced me to increase my ADHD medication. I also have a hunch none of the games are complete that I have just taken out of my ass and keep repeating to you every week. My wife and I were really, really interested in your console and ordered 10 consoles each, but now we've cancelled them and we will be forced to play the Switch for the 943,534,534th time (by the way, buy a Switch!).*

*All similarities with real scenarios are pure coincidence.

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

12 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Here's a little gem I found by googling ["early 2020" playdate]:

/snip

So it looks like 6 full months before the pandemic hit they were promising to open pre-orders in late 2019...

WOW! Such mismanagement, such unprofessionalism. [Panic CEO], I was on the fence with this console but please, improve the communications, ditch the stupid crank and generally make the console I, an obsessive nerd on the Interwebs, demand. The price increase is also a problem and has forced me to increase my ADHD medication. I also have a hunch none of the games are complete that I have just taken out of my ass and keep repeating to you every week. My wife and I were really, really interested in your console and ordered 10 consoles each, but now we've cancelled them and we will be forced to play the Switch for the 943,534,534th time (by the way, buy a Switch!).*

*All similarities with real scenarios are pure coincidence.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Sounds like you really wanted it to succeed and are just heartbroken. I too know the feeling of being let down. The pain and sting of love lost. The challenge of waking up everyday with the thought that it might be the last. And to have never had the Playdate in my hand.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

I like how this rhymes.  You should do a poem.

In a moment of inspiration I went for a cheesy rhyme and used critique to mean complain. But I will take your advice and attempt Haiku:

Amico is soon

May be winter or in spring

Explode into fun

• Like 5

It's funny to me,I only recieved the email for the delay of the Amico and not the one to download the free music.

I wouldn't have used the music anyway,I am just a game player and collector. 

And besides as I always say:

The weak will critique,

And the strong will push along!

Thanks for the inspiration old fool,I tweaked it a little.😄👍

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wolfy62 said:

It's funny to me,I only recieved the email for the delay of the Amico and not the one to download the free music.

Check the junk folder.  It could be in there.  Tommy said if you pre-ordered from GameStop or another retailer, that the email would come later on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Check the junk folder.  It could be in there.  Tommy said if you pre-ordered from GameStop or another retailer, that the email would come later on.

I did check my spam/junk folder and nothing there,mostly out of curiosity.

I ordered systems from both  IE and Gamestop .

Like I said,for me it doesn't matter either way I am in it for the games and systems,and for the long haul.

I do appreciate the gesture from IE and Tommy and only want success for them as an end result. 😊

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Gray Defender said:

Tommy,

You probably have had a lot of compliments regarding your music but I have to add to them.  I am just barely scratching the surface of this wonderful gift you bestowed upon us.  I have started with your "Advent Rising" album and in a word, it's "amazing"!  Reminds me of the "Conan the Barbarian" movie sound track which I own and love.   

I wanted to thank you for this gift on behalf of all music lovers and for those that are not really into music I would highly recommend you at least give it a try.  I'll be taking my time checking out the rest your catalog.  I have to think this was quite a sacrifice for your to do this, but I am glad you did.  You should be proud!

Thank you so much for the incredible compliments and for sharing your thoughts.  It really means a lot and I really appreciate it.

So glad that you are enjoying the music!

Make sure to check out LEVEL 6, LEVEL 5 & LEVEL 3.  Those are my other favorites from the gift.

Thank you for your support and understanding.  Working our hardest to get you Amico ASAP.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Jetsream1969 said:

Hi Tommy,

I've Spoken to all 3 UK retailers today 14/09/21 and none of them have been informed of any changes to release dates by intellivision.

Any particular reason why, or is the UK still getting The Amico in October as per the retailers stated release dates ?  Screenshot_20210814-142925_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7de995d200b6785848731e52c02a7b70.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-142711_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-145330_Chrome.jpg

We have notified ALL of the people who are pre-selling Amico.  In fact, we had to get our delay announcement approved by every one of them.

So saying that Intellivision has not informed them wouldn't be factual. 

We can't control when they change their website.  That is up to them and I'm hoping they will fix it soon.  A lot of websites have been changed already, but we don't control that.

I'll send your pics over to our sales team so they can follow up with those retailers again.  Thanks for letting us know.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

Thanks.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Actually, I have a question for the first time in a while; I was checking the list of countries that the system ships to on the Intellivision website and I noticed that Japan isn't listed. Does this apply to FE systems as well, or are they different? I seem to have something resembling a vague feeling that I might have asked about this a year ago or something, but I kind of completely forgot... let me know if I should contact customer support, I suppose.

Oh crap, I just realized it's 0120. That's probably why I feel so damn tired! Bed time.

I'm not 100% sure so please e-mail [email protected] and they will be able to answer.

Thanks!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, SevenTari said:

@Tommy Tallarico So I finally unpacked all the music in here and wow it's a lot and it sounds awesome. Gonna take this to my car now. lol I did had a couple of questions because I'm new to the whole VGL concept, which is really cool.

Are these music pieces that you worked on or are they covers of popular VG music? Or a mixbag of both?  If any of the latter are true, I would PAY to get a Tommy Tallarico cover for Streets of Rage 2 music. Please consider it!! lol My dude you are talented!

All of the music I personally produced & arranged for the albums.  The Advent Rising & Earthworm Jim soundtracks were mostly composed by me (and a few others).  The only ones that I only produced (and didn't arrange) are the BONUS LEVEL soundtracks.  Those are just compilations of cool video game cover tunes that friends of mine did and for the most part weren't released anywhere else. 

But the albums (Video Games Live: LEVEL 1 through LEVEL 6) are the ones that are the biggest and all debuted in the Billboard Top 10 charts and took me the longest to create & produce.

Thanks for the interest and I'm so glad you're enjoying them!

Let me know what your favorite album ends up being.

Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tavi said:

Just downloading the gift albums now! That is quite the collection of music, it certainly will be quite the treat to hear some new (or at least new to me) Video Games Live music.

I still have and play the DVD (Level 2; pretty vintage now!) that I bought when I went to go watch the show performed live here quite a few years ago.

As it may be a while before anyone gets to see this show live and in person once more (thanks Corona!) this is a great gift.

Thank you for the amazing bonus! I know I am going to thoroughly enjoy hearing this collection.

Thanks! 

I'm glad you got the opportunity to see one of the live shows!

Which one was it?

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Oldfool said:

Tommy,

Wow, thanks for opening up the catalog for our free gift! There is a ton there, and it is very much appreciated. By the sheer amount of content I feel the sincerity of the message of thanks you were conveying. Thank you for sharing your art with us for no additional charge. My son and I are enjoying your work. 

Thanks again, and I am excited for you to complete your challenge, which will be soon in the big picture. Big ideas sometimes have big struggles, but the weak will critique while the strong will push on. You have a strong team. Good luck with the last leg of the launch. 

Thank you so much for the high compliment!

So glad that you and your son are enjoying the music!

Let me know which album ends up being your favorite.

Thanks!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I did check my spam/junk folder and nothing there,mostly out of curiosity.

I ordered systems from both  IE and Gamestop .

Like I said,for me it doesn't matter either way I am in it for the games and systems,and for the long haul.

I do appreciate the gesture from IE and Tommy and only want success for them as an end result. 😊

Look for an e-mail from Humble Bundle (not from Intellivision).

If for some reason you don't see it, just message me here and I'll generate a new code and send it to you ASAP.

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

They will ship anywhere you are as far as I know but I think they were going to look into launching in Japan but that it will be 2nd or 3rd launch 

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I'm not 100% sure so please e-mail [email protected] and they will be able to answer.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'll just email them. Thanks. I just realized it's past 0100 again. I should sleep more.

• Like 3