Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

On 6/4/2021 at 1:01 AM, Cranker said:

My feeling is that it’s not just one things but a combination of factors that will cause another delay.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:35 PM, Cranker said:

people on this board are super positive about the console no matter what it seems , but maybe not critical enough. At this point it would be more than Covid issues if they can’t get out any units on October 10.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:09 AM, Cranker said:

They just don’t seem ready. It seems to be about more than just the few missing components.

On 6/23/2021 at 6:21 PM, Cranker said:

I am wondering if it’s the games not being complete that is as big or possibly even a bigger problem than the missing components. Something just doesn’t feel right. I understand it will come out when it comes out, but that statement will get old very soon. I feel like there might be many more issues than missing components. 

On 6/28/2021 at 1:47 AM, Cranker said:

Something is just off. The pack in games don’t even seem done. I might be totally off but somethings not right.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:45 PM, Cranker said:

I have been nothing but positive about this project from the start but I feel like I can’t just keep ignoring the growing number of issues. The controls don’t seem ready  , the games don’t seem finished, we don’t even see any proper gameplay demos and to be honest the E3 video and the updated games video were both very very weak and showed almost no progress  etc it just seems to be a mess. I will always have hope and hope I’m wrong. This is the only console I’m interested in.

On 6/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, Cranker said:

Yes like have the games finished. 

On 6/29/2021 at 7:54 PM, Cranker said:

I’m not trying to be negative either but If everything is so ready then their E3 video and updated games video make no sense to me.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:05 PM, Cranker said:

Mostly that the controllers don’t seem finalized and the pack in games don’t seem complete much less the other launch games. The new promo videos don’t give me any confidence that everything is ready to go assuming they get the few components that are missing. After following the project the whole way it just seems like progress needed for a launch this year is not happening. I might be wrong of course ! I’m not running IE but as I have said before, I think there are other issues besides the missing components that would prevent an October launch. It’s just an overall feeling I get. I would rather be wrong.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:17 AM, Cranker said:

To me things are not looking good at the moment. We have yet see a demo of Cornhole yet with the motion controls and it’s a launch game  ? A proper demonstration of Games being played with the controllers ? I guess I’m just ranting today. 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, Cranker said:

Yes , all of the YouTube videos got to me. It’s exhausting ! I do have a question though ……assuming you can get the components needed are the pack in games complete ?

On 7/27/2021 at 1:37 AM, Cranker said:

(Assuming the games are actually ready of course, can’t launch without games 😜 ) I

On 7/28/2021 at 6:22 PM, Cranker said:

Honestly, my feeling is that even if they could get some units out there , it does not seem like the games are ready.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:10 PM, Cranker said:

There is something that bothers me. When the CFO Nick mentioned that there are maybe. 10-20 games entering the final stage of development . No games ready to go yet ? Not one ?  It seems like the missing parts are a secondary problem, the primary problem being the games are not ready yet. Why wait to delay it ? I might be completely off but it makes no sense to me . Something is not going well I am afraid. Im just concerned because I want my Amico so badly .

On 8/7/2021 at 5:53 PM, Cranker said:

I’m a huge fan and supporter from the beginning but if there are no units shipped by Christmas then it’s not just a component issue but it would be unfinished games, UI or other unrelated issues in my opinion. It’s not my business but it really seems that there is much more to this delay than missing components. Something is bothering me about this whole situation but I’m not sure what is is. 

On 8/7/2021 at 6:39 PM, Cranker said:

But the components they need are available Tommy says and if it’s a higher price, then adjust the price of the console if needed for the time being. Will The prices change in 3 months ? 6 months ? Probably not much. These are also 5 year old tech. I don’t know ……something else is going on. To me it’s just not ready and that’s fine if that’s the case. Just an opinion. It’s frustrating at this point.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, Cranker said:

True. Good points but there is still much more to the delay than missing components in my opinion. No doubt. It’s none of my business but since we do have so much insight into IE I can’t help but feel this way. 

On 8/14/2021 at 5:59 AM, Cranker said:

Sorry to say that I agree with this video and I’m extremely disappointed that Tommy did not come on camera to share the news in person. If you are losing my interest , I can’t be the only one .

On 8/14/2021 at 7:18 AM, Cranker said:

It’s not the gift that was the issue. I would have liked a statement by you regarding the delay. Maybe that’s not reasonable but it’s not like you are camera shy 🙈

17 hours ago, Cranker said:

Something that bothers me is that it seems clear that very few to none of  the games are 100% complete so how could IE have met any of the release dates. That’s fine and not my business but is quite irritating to me . I might be wrong but it seems to be the case. If it releases in any quantities before Christmas I will be very surprised because does  2 months  make a difference at this point ? Sorry for the negativity but as I said, something is not right and it’s not just the missing parts. Nothing against Tommy or IE as I’m sure that they are doing their best  but maybe they are in over their head at this point.

17 hours ago, Cranker said:

That may be true but I am just saying that there seem to be many issues with the Amico besides the missing components. I don’t know what they are but it’s just a strong feeling and concern. I’m still a huge fan though.

380097881_90da9e71f1_w.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

29 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Lemme guess (not reading all that). -- I'm a fan and a supporter and want it to succeed, but, negativity, negativity, and some more negativity.

Was I close?

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

On 8/14/2021 at 6:26 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

... It's been a while since I bought an actual game soundtrack, as I do do that sometimes, but I have been putting all of the Saturn games that I buy into my computer to see if they have Red Book audio. I wish they still used Red Book audio, but I think it's harder to get it to loop properly or something like that, which is why the music loops really weirdly in the Saturn version of Thunder Force III. I'm sure Tommy knows why Red Book audio stopped being used, though, so I might as well ask.

I guess it's all about data compression and the smaller filesize of today's audio file formats while retaining almost the same quality as compared to a Red Book audio CD track. Since fewer and fewer games see a physical release these days, that might as well been a factor in integrating audio into game data. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thanks! 

I'm glad you got the opportunity to see one of the live shows!

Which one was it?

Oh, it was quite some time ago! But I do think it was the same show as what was on the DVD.

At least I remember the show starting off with pong on the video screen and going into a montage of other classic arcade games; while an orchestra played the accompanying music.

I also remember the choir for the Civilization segment of the show, simply amazing singers!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I'll just email them. Thanks. I just realized it's past 0100 again. I should sleep more.

5343389.jpg.ba6ad5835d8795aa6b7f360225607ef8.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tavi said:

Oh, it was quite some time ago! But I do think it was the same show as what was on the DVD.

At least I remember the show starting off with pong on the video screen and going into a montage of other classic arcade games; while an orchestra played the accompanying music.

I also remember the choir for the Civilization segment of the show, simply amazing singers!

We recorded that one in New Orleans.  Where you in New Orleans?  If not, which city/country?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Ok …..I’m out for a while. But food for thought ……do we have to be positive all the time ? Not have good days , bad days , feelings ? What about all of the positive comments and contributions which I feel I have made many. That’s how things work now. Anyone’s comments  can be criticized and to make a list like that makes me sound 100% negative and that’s not the case. Why must we always be positive ? I guess that’s how Tommy feels , or most youtubers when anything you write can be brought up anytime and made to look negative , positive or however you want. You took the time to gather all that . Cool I guess I am famous ! Lol ………All good . 🤔

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 8

39 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Ok …..I’m out for a while. But food for thought ……do we have to be positive all the time ? Not have good days , bad days , feelings ? What about all of the positive comments and contributions which I feel I have made many. That’s how things work now. Anyone’s comments  can be criticized and to make a list like that makes me sound 100% negative and that’s not the case. Why must we always be positive ? I guess that’s how Tommy feels , or most youtubers when anything you write can be brought up anytime and made to look negative , positive or however you want. You took the time to gather all that . Cool I guess I am famous ! Lol ………All good . 🤔

I thought the same as I was scrolling down to get to the end of his post... Wow.  Uh, that was a little strange.

I think the point is you tend to be more pessimistic, not negative. I do agree though, certainly not everything you say is negative.  I mean, we all do that.  I dont know what that was all about.  I don't know why feathers need to get ruffled if you post something against the grain.  But everyone is entitled to an opinion.  We really don't know what the end result will be, but only to wait and see.

It's good to have a devil's advocate as well.  Nothing wrong with taking a different angle.  Keep posting what you like, sorry some people only see sunshine and rainbows.  I don't agree with that.  Debate is good. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

Ok …..I’m out for a while. But food for thought ……do we have to be positive all the time

I agree, Im from Philly, we love our sports teams but we boo the hell out of them when they are losing, IE right now isnt playing so great so I understand the booing, The game isnt over so lets hope they get some runs and pull out a win.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

We recorded that one in New Orleans.  Where you in New Orleans?  If not, which city/country?

Hope you come back to nola. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

I agree, Im from Philly, we love our sports teams but we boo the hell out of them when they are losing, IE right now isnt playing so great so I understand the booing, The game isnt over so lets hope they get some runs and pull out a win.

Lol... you guys are freakin' BRUTAL to your teams.  I thought being Jets fan was tough, but I think it's because we just have come to terms that our last winning decade (the 80's) are forever gone and we simply suck... forever.

This is what's it's like to be a NY sports fan...

You're dating the hottest chic in HS... she goes to the prom with you.. it's freakin' awesome... you're given every green light in the book.. you're at that special spot.. it's ON... it's hot.. clothes are coming off... then she gets a phone call from some other guy, jumps out of the limo and leaves you sitting there, pants down, completely dejected... and alone. Done.

Nicks vs Bulls - Stockton... how many f'n times do you toss for 3 and MISS???  Jesus.. pass the f'n ball to Ewing!!!!

Yanks vs whomever and loose WS - payroll larger than several banks of most 3rd world countries combined.

Mets winning record whole season, blow the playoffs spot by loosing EVERY game for two weeks right before end of season... multiple times and looks like it again this year.

Jets... Mud Bowl, Butt Fumble, Spygate, Fake Spike.. etc..etc.. this list can fill the whole forum... 51 years since Namath won it... 51 years... 51 f'n years!!!

Islanders... uh.. what happened against TB? and the year before.. and before that.

Nets.. just forget it.  Long Island, to NJ, Back to LI, to NYC to Brooklyn.. they don't know where the hell they're from, let alone how to win.

Rangers... they only win every 46 years.  Not due for at least another 32 years

Giants... they win, but like the Rangers... usually once every 25 years... maybe less.,, then they suck until the next time.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, IMBerzerk said:

I thought the same as I was scrolling down to get to the end of his post... Wow.  Uh, that was a little strange.

I think the point is you tend to be more pessimistic, not negative. I do agree though, certainly not everything you say is negative.  I mean, we all do that.  I dont know what that was all about.  I don't know why feathers need to get ruffled if you post something against the grain.  But everyone is entitled to an opinion.  We really don't know what the end result will be, but only to wait and see.

It's good to have a devil's advocate as well.  Nothing wrong with taking a different angle.  Keep posting what you like, sorry some people only see sunshine and rainbows.  I don't agree with that.  Debate is good. 

Thank you for that post . It’s not good to just be positive all the time. Who does that help ? Something is just not right as I have said before and I’m really wondering if this console will ever get released. Sorry if that’s upsetting to some people. I guess after a couple of years of sunshine and rainbows I am being logical and no matter how hard I try to think that all is fine , my brain tells me otherwise. Time will tell !

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

Yes ! Great analogy and I wish IE the best and hope for a home run in the 9th inning !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cranker said:

I think it’s all good but you have had this feeling for a while now and it kind of seems like no matter what anyone says that stays the same for you I’m sorry you feel that way about this.  I get having concerns but because those concerns always seem to be at each post to me they all start to feel the same and it can get weary after a while.  I’ve never been one to dwell on things especially those out of my control.  I don’t watch news coverage period I tried for about a week and discovered that 99.9% of the news was negative and the only positive news was during credits and usually something silly like that season’s largest pumpkin.  I’ve never been one who wants my life focused on the negative we all have our bad days and our good I’ve taken a couple extended breaks from the forum a couple times when it just gets too draining in these discussions though none of those breaks were from your posts have a great day 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

I think it’s all good but you have had this feeling for a while now and it kind of seems like no matter what anyone says that stays the same for you I’m sorry you feel that way about this.  I get having concerns but because those concerns always seem to be at each post to me they all start to feel the same and it can get weary after a while.  I’ve never been one to dwell on things especially those out of my control.  I don’t watch news coverage period I tried for about a week and discovered that 99.9% of the news was negative and the only positive news was during credits and usually something silly like that season’s largest pumpkin.  I’ve never been one who wants my life focused on the negative we all have our bad days and our good I’ve taken a couple extended breaks from the forum a couple times when it just gets too draining in these discussions though none of those breaks were from your posts have a great day 

Thanks ! I think I just need a break from making the Amico the center of my day. I just invested too much time (especially being in so much with COVID- this was my interest and hobby )and set myself up to be way too disappointed. It’s not healthy. I’ll be back , just a bit less often . All the best to everyone 😀

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cranker said:

We’re all excited for the system and we are all bummed it was delayed again, but there’s nothing much we can do about that. What we can do is except it is what it is and trust that IE is making decisions for the long run which in turn benefits us all; or we can be negative about things, but how again does that help anything?  

Look at what has been accomplished to date, not a small portion of which has been during the pandemic.  They’re 98% done; why not trust them that they’ll get it across the line; and more importantly, deliver a quality system that also allows IE to remain successful for the long haul?  

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

We’re all excited for the system and we are all bummed it was delayed again, but there’s nothing much we can do about that. What we can do is except it is what it is and trust that IE is making decisions for the long run which in turn benefits us all; or we can be negative about things, but how again does that help anything?  

Look at what has been accomplished to date, not a small portion of which has been during the pandemic.  They’re 98% done; why not trust them that they’ll get it across the line; and more importantly, deliver a quality system that also allows IE to remain successful for the long haul?  

That’s all fine and dandy but I have been hearing 98% done for months . Is it ? I doubt it . What does that even really mean. Just saying ………always positive with roses and rainbows but maybe not reality . Who knows ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Lol... you guys are freakin' BRUTAL to your teams.  I thought being Jets fan was tough, but I think it's because we just have come to terms that our last winning decade (the 80's) are forever gone and we simply suck... forever.

This is what's it's like to be a NY sports fan...

You're dating the hottest chic in HS... she goes to the prom with you.. it's freakin' awesome... you're given every green light in the book.. you're at that special spot.. it's ON... it's hot.. clothes are coming off... then she gets a phone call from some other guy, jumps out of the limo and leaves you sitting there, pants down, completely dejected... and alone. Done.

Nicks vs Bulls - Stockton... how many f'n times do you toss for 3 and MISS???  Jesus.. pass the f'n ball to Ewing!!!!

Yanks vs whomever and loose WS - payroll larger than several banks of most 3rd world countries combined.

Mets winning record whole season, blow the playoffs spot by loosing EVERY game for two weeks right before end of season... multiple times and looks like it again this year.

Jets... Mud Bowl, Butt Fumble, Spygate, Fake Spike.. etc..etc.. this list can fill the whole forum... 51 years since Namath won it... 51 years... 51 f'n years!!!

Islanders... uh.. what happened against TB? and the year before.. and before that.

Nets.. just forget it.  Long Island, to NJ, Back to LI, to NYC to Brooklyn.. they don't know where the hell they're from, let alone how to win.

Rangers... they only win every 46 years.  Not due for at least another 32 years

Giants... they win, but like the Rangers... usually once every 25 years... maybe less.,, then they suck until the next time.

Try being a life-long Oriole fan.

Or having a complete set of Original broadcast Star Trek TOS episodes on Beta tapes recorded in a PBS studio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

That’s all fine and dandy but I have been hearing 98% done for months . Is it ? I doubt it . What does that even really mean. Just saying ………always positive with roses and rainbows but maybe not reality . Who knows ? 

98% is not something I am simply parroting from Tommy but my own assessment from what they showed in Texas and Pennsylvania, and from what I saw when I played it myself when my wife collected her Moon Patrol prize at IE last month. 

What percentage would you call it when there is numerous electrically working consoles installed into tool molded (not additive manufacturing 3D printed) plastic, numerous working and polished games, numerous working controllers, working UI, working firmware, shown circuit boards, etc?  

Other than sourcing components, anything left should be easy compared to the work they’ve already put in to get the system to this point. 

• Like 6

Many of you know that I'm from Spain and live there too. This news article is on the front page of our most popular newspaper, El País (which means "The Country", by the way):

image.png.f41653ea94af9fd003dc4005ddf2e6aa.png

Translation:

Supply problems slow down Spain's recovery with a skyrocketed demand.

The toy industry warns that excessive costs and delays in material shipping from Asia could put Christmas campaign "in serious danger."

The article requires a paid subscription, but someone has translated into English and published for free here for some reason. Once you're reading the article, the headline changes to "Fewer cars, bikes and toys: supply problems slow recovery with skyrocketing demand".

I would highlight this paragraph:

It is not just a perception. A Gallup poll conducted in July in the United States collects that six out of ten consumers could not buy a product they wanted in the last two months due to supply problems. And on the other side of the Atlantic, it also happens. The European Central Bank has warned that shortages of chemicals, wood, plastic, metals and chips can fuel inflation. And the Bank of France pointed out last week that supply problems are widespread in construction, industry, and especially the automotive industry. According to the European Association of Automotive Components, there have been delays in the production of more than 500,000 vehicles, factories such as Ford’s in Almussafes (Valencia) have come to stop their activity due to the lack of semiconductors, and the Canary and Balearic Islands have run out of enough rental cars for the tourists who visit them.

The article gives valid points, but something is just off. I can't explain it, but there must be something else. (Just kidding...).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cranker said:

It doesn't mean anything.  The hardware is done until they decide to make a change.  Same thing applies to games, Cornhole for example was done until they decided to make a change.  Some  games don't have to be done now as it's months from the launch date. Maybe the UI is done, maybe it isn't we don't know everything.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Cranker said:

I have heard it many times before, that somehow being ”all positive” is something that is bad, or even damaging for the company/product, how so? I think you should also separate between expressing a negative opinion towards the product (i.e I think Astrosmash looks ugly or boring), and constantly questioning the motives and/or truthfullness of the company/CEO’s statements/info, while the former is welcomed additions to the discussion, I think the later is pretty pointless. 

• Like 6

2 Cents.

My own opinion...sometimes it feels like some people just have a critical spirit. And when they get tired of criticizing one thing (Ie: Intellivision), they'll move to the next. (Ie: Criticizing people's optimism). If I'm optimistic it's because I am, period. No need for explanations. If it would ever get to the point where I'm no longer optimistic, I have options to voice my disagreement (Ie: provide constructive criticism, pull out of the preorder, etc.). 

But if someone has healthy constructive criticism, sure share away. But criticizing people who don't have criticisms it's a bit like having hemorrhoids and getting mad at the people that don't, simply because you want them to share in the same. 

"Join with us" mentality, no thanks...I think freely and for myself.  ;)

Ps:
I'm mostly referring of course to people on youtube that like to call others names, and mock someone simply for showing interest in something. I'm all grown, I don't buy into their kiddie drama. Many are doing it to chase some mythical youtube algorythm anyways.

Edited by SevenTari
Additive post script
  • Like 7