Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

For those of you on Facebook, and who received your pre-order gift from Intellivision, I thought you may find this interesting.

This came up in my "memories" from 3 years ago today. It was us editing and mixing the opening track (Zelda: Breath of the Wild) from Video Games Live: LEVEL 6 at Skywalker Ranch.

I had already started on Intellivision and this was the last non-Intellivision project I did. Over 200 musicians on this particular track.

https://www.facebook.com/tommytallarico/posts/10155799682084786

• Like 11

On 8/14/2021 at 10:22 AM, N0mi said:

Tommy, thank you very much!

Although I have to admit that I haven't been into VGL or (video) game soundtracks in general, now it's a good time to start.

They make great background music while working. Toss them on your phone. I've had a few on in the background over the weekend while doing work around the house. Hitting Shuffle/Random makes it fun when I don't recognize something..

I've had to edit the metadata on a good number of the files. Re-add Artwork. Make sure the Album Artist is set correctly. Things like that.. But that is just a few minutes o' work per album. Not a big deal.   A fun little project :)

Great music!!!! (10 Albums done so far).

Not to mention - Nice little Easter Egg with the Okami Video tucked in there.. 

Edited by woobman
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Cranker said:

food for thought ……do we have to be positive all the time? Why must we always be positive ? I guess that’s how Tommy feels

Hi,

Let me give my personal thoughts.

I'm a big believer in the power of positivity and the Art of Attraction.  So for me, I prefer to be as positive as I can as much as possible and I personally feel that it has contributed greatly to my success over the years.

I sometimes fail and get dragged into negativity that I prefer not to, but that is just part of life and being human (as you mentioned as well).  But if I had to pick between positivity and negativity... yeah... I pick positivity 10 out of 10 times.  I think you'll find that the more positivity you bring into your life and share with the world, the more happier you'll be.  It's also been proven scientifically that having negative emotions, thoughts and feelings directly influence and stress your health and immune system.  So just from that perspective, I believe focusing on positive things can contribute to a happier life overall.

Here are just a few articles from some pretty reputable sources that you may find interesting.

https://marquemedical.com/damaging-effects-of-negativity/

https://www.health.com/condition/heart-disease/can-negative-thinking-make-you-sick

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/06/24/this-is-what-negativity-does-to-your-immune-system-and-its-not-pretty/?sh=213037ea173b

https://medium.com/the-mission/why-negative-people-are-literally-killing-you-and-how-to-obliterate-pessimism-from-your-life-eb85fadced87

https://www.thelist.com/376214/how-negativity-really-can-affect-your-health/

Having criticisms of me and Intellivision is fine... especially when you can be constructive and give ideas as to how you would like to see things improved.

I think that where you may start to rub people the wrong way is how on a number of occasions (as listed above) you tend to insinuate that I am lying or hiding things. 

I understand that those may be your true feelings and you are totally free to express those thoughts.  Knowing your audience is an important part of communication as well though.

I hope my positive post was helpful in some way.

:)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, woobman said:

They make great background music while working. Toss them on your phone. I've had a few on in the background over the weekend while doing work around the house. Hitting Shuffle/Random makes it fun when I don't recognize something..

I've had to edit the metadata on a good number of the files. Re-add Artwork. Make sure the Album Artist is set correctly. Things like that.. But that is just a few minutes o' work per album. Not a big deal.   A fun little project :)

Great music!!!! (10 Albums done so far).

Not to mention - Nice little Easter Egg with the Okami Video tucked in there.. 

Thanks!

There's another Easter Egg on LEVEL 6.  It has something to do with the Color A Dinosaur project I worked on for the NES and have always talked about how it was the worst game I ever worked on.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Cranker said:

I wish IE the best and hope for a home run in the 9th inning !

It will be a GRAND SLAM!!

• Like 12

13 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Lol... you guys are freakin' BRUTAL to your teams.

I especially liked last year when there was no fans allowed in the Eagles gamed, they piped in fake booing, yep... The fake fans booed the home team as the stunk up the joint. 

I didnt really understand our Philly mindset until I started to go to other ballparks. I remember going to Memorial Park in Baltimore and watching the Orioles. I was amazed that late in the game the fans were all happily cheering Cal Ripken Jr. as he came to the plate. They were all " yay Cal!"  I was like, the bum is 0-4 today with 2k's, so I booed him and called him a bum...had to represent.

ps. sidenote) I remembered the time some fans at another city asked our dads why they booed, the said in a Philly way " Listen bub, if late in the day I have blown 4 sales calls and my secretary is typing letters with all sorts of typos, the boss aint coming in and cheering us on, we dont get paid to try, we get paid to do, and these bums on the field make a helluva lot more than us, so they better entertain us. I aint gonna laugh at a comic who stinks, and I aint gonna cheer a ballplayer thats stinking up the place either".. their point was made..

Edited by bigdaddygamestudio
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the music.  Now you have a crew of hardcore linemen listening to orchestral music while hanging below a helicopter!  Lol.  They sometimes give me a hard time for listening to classical at work, but they all love the video game soundtracks.

GH010039_1628371105366.jpg

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, LinemanDoc said:

Thanks for the music.  Now you have a crew of hardcore linemen listening to orchestral music while hanging below a helicopter!  Lol.  They sometimes give me a hard time for listening to classical at work, but they all love the video game soundtracks.

GH010039_1628371105366.jpg

WOW!!!   Amazing pic and amazing story.  Thank you so much for sharing!

You just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question of the day!

What is your favorite Amico color?

AmicoColors.thumb.jpg.6cc90ef219c8dd89c90fcc72637ae4ff.jpg

I love the GTO red and the white...but my heart lies with the Woodgrain, it's my preordered color. :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question of the day!

All of them.  Lol.  But seriously, the vintage woodgrain looks the best to me.  It sticks out more than the rest.  There's something about that woodgrain with gold that catches the eye.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question of the day!

Any color that gets to the delivery truck first. Seriously though, is this really the best use of time after missing another launch date? We've seen these colors for years now. Please post when there is some news. I expect it'll be a quiet Winter. I'm getting some very unprofessional vibes from this when it comes to communication. I'm actually starting to think this isn't going to make it to market. Kinda scared... Graphite Black.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Any color that gets to the delivery truck first. Seriously though, is this really the best use of time after missing another launch date? We've seen these colors for years now. Please post when there is some news. I expect it'll be a quiet Winter. I'm getting some very unprofessional vibes from this when it comes to communication. I'm actually starting to think this isn't going to make it to market. Kinda scared... Graphite Black.

Come on Tommy, get that anti-static strap back on your wrist and start building some Amico's.

Oh, I am looking at this wrong?  Get back in the factory that makes the missing components and start whipping these lazy bastards back into shape.  Plus I want to buy a new cars.  What are you waiting for!

Holy $h!t.  If this post is the difference between getting an Amico or not.  We are all F'd.

Edited by 1980gamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question of the day!

Woodgrain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question of the day!

I'm a little different, it seems.   I like them all more than the woodgrain.

Red, Black, and Purple are tied.

Then White.  Then Woodgrain.   But those 2 are very close.

53 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Seriously though, is this really the best use of time after missing another launch date? We've seen these colors for years now. 

I timed it, just for giggles.  It took me 6.22 seconds to type the message that he did.  And I'm not even a fast typer.

He spent less than 10 seconds posting something in a "fun amico conversations" chat that will, for the most part at least, be a neat, simple, but fun engagement for the fans.

So yeah, unless he can personally assemble a bunch of systems in that 10 seconds, I'd say that's a pretty good use (maybe even the best use) of that time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Question of the day!

Black. I prefer my electronics to "disappear" vs standing out.

• Like 4

Question of the day!

Woodgrain then a tie between Black and Red. The Black and White would blend well with either or my two main TV setups (living and playroom), but f*** me, that Red is Cherry. I'm not buying a third one to get the red though. Maybe.

• Like 4

Question of the day!

Hot Take: The 70's sucked (I was there) and I hate wood grain electronics!  That's right, I said it!  I owned a Vader 2600 like the rest of the cool kids.  To answer the question, black is my favorite. 

• Like 5

Who's looking forward to a reimagined Utopia? What types of things would you like to see in the new game?

intellivision-amico-rebel-jack-black.thumb.png.35f68a3fa116ffa86ba0392580ac9331.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question of the day!

Considering the lights, got to go black; lights aside think I’d have gone white as it kinda looks retro modern, like something you would see in Moon Base Alpha from the set of Space 1999. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I'm a little different, it seems.   I like them all more than the woodgrain.

Red, Black, and Purple are tied.

Then White.  Then Woodgrain.   But those 2 are very close.

I timed it, just for giggles.  It took me 6.22 seconds to type the message that he did.  And I'm not even a fast typer.

He spent less than 10 seconds posting something in a "fun amico conversations" chat that will, for the most part at least, be a neat, simple, but fun engagement for the fans.

So yeah, unless he can personally assemble a bunch of systems in that 10 seconds, I'd say that's a pretty good use (maybe even the best use) of that time.

You forgot to add the time Tommy will spend reading your response.

crud, now mine too.

Crud x 2, i just lengthened it again 

oof!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question of the day!

Woodgrain- I’ve always liked the wood and gold. Old school and classy. Yeah 

• Like 4

I like the purple but I wish it were completely purple. 

So,I like the woodgrain the best.

• Like 3