Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

7 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Lol. To be clear, the deal I negotiated with @Tommy Tallarico to be a shill for the Amico was that I had right of first refusal on 78% of each physical game so that should leave somewhere around 11000 of the original 50000 for everyone else. Best of luck! 😂

So kind and thoughtful of you,thanks for sharing!👍😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Tommy Tallarico If you skip to the 3:10 Mark in the video, they show how Streets of Rage 4 was essentially a 2d Game built on a 3d staging engine.  I was looking at the reveal video for Earth Worm Jim, I noticed the smooth animations and parallax scrolling and it instantly reminded me of this game. 

I'm sure you can't speak much on it, but I wonder if it's being worked on in a similar way using a 3d engine as the base? Which could be cool since it opens the options to creating nice lighting, shadows and effects to a 2.5d world.

Edited by SevenTari
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, SevenTari said:

@Tommy Tallarico If you skip to the 3:10 Mark in the video, they show how Streets of Rage 4 was essentially a 2d Game built on a 3d staging engine.  I was looking at the reveal video for Earth Worm Jim, I noticed the smooth animations and parallax scrolling and it instantly reminded me of this game. 

I'm sure you can't speak much on it, but I wonder if it's being worked on in a similar way using a 3d engine as the base? Which could be cool since it opens the options to creating nice lighting, shadows and effects to a 2.5d world.

Exactly!  100%!!

• Like 8

Hey Tommy, how/when did you realize about your 4 hour sleep thing? Did it involve some cool story of waking up every night at 4AM to play videogames for 4h because you didn't know what to do with that extra time while your family was sleeping?

How much time did you spend as a kid lying on the bed trying to sleep with no luck?

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I thought some folks here might enjoy seeing the 3D renders of our box art which was uploaded to Amazon Germany today.

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=intellivision+amico&__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Great, just a small suggestion: remove from the description of games "Plattformunabhängig" (independent on the platform). It seems to me that there should be "Amico" written there.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I thought some folks here might enjoy seeing the 3D renders of our box art which was uploaded to Amazon Germany today.

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=intellivision+amico&__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Looks great Tommy, nice to see some more retail items hitting the sites.  Looking forward to seeing the same here in the US. 

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I can see where this is headed for me,and you can verify that with my fellow collecting friend C-mart :

I am now sold on collecting them all!👍😊

• Like 4

7 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey Tommy, how/when did you realize about your 4 hour sleep thing? Did it involve some cool story of waking up every night at 4AM to play videogames for 4h because you didn't know what to do with that extra time while your family was sleeping?

How much time did you spend as a kid lying on the bed trying to sleep with no luck?

I really started noticing as a young teenager.  Up until then, I just figured everyone was like me and I was always annoyed at my mom for telling me "It's time for bed!" when I wasn't even tired.  As a kid I would constantly get in trouble with my mom because I would always stay up at night reading comic books, playing video games, etc.  She would come in my room and sternly tell me to go to sleep.  I was like all those kids you see in movies that would take a flashlight to bed with them and hide under the covers with it and a comic book.  I would also use my tape recorder a lot and do a lot of imaginary scenarios with my army men, stuffed animals, toy robots, etc.  One week I remember taking an old watch completely apart... and then seeing if I could put it all back together again.  Lets just say... that didn't work out so well.   :)

I also turned my closet into a fort because I could close the doors and put a lamp on in there without anyone knowing.  I would put pillows under my covers so when my mom would check on me it would look like I was sleeping... but I was really just in my kick ass spaceship closet fort.

Later on when I finally got an old black & white TV in my room... my dad bought me a Timex Sinclair 1000 and I started learning game programming and writing my own text adventures.  The next day I'd let my little brother play them and try to beat them.  There were many dirty words used and we would laugh for hours.  We still reference some of the jokes from those games.

🥰

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I would just like you all to know that we just bought Souja Boy games for... um... er.... (checks notebook)...

Around $140 MILLION... I think....

🤣😇🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Boxes look great!  As do the new screenshots.  

Why only in Germany?

We sent them to all the distributors & retailers and it's up to them when they put them up.  We don't control any of those pages.  But our folks can bug them to fix stuff if needed.

:)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Silverbot said:

The boxes look great, sham the age ratings are so big! 😳

I know right?!?!  So annoying.  Our art department really hated putting them on there.   But there are size requirements that there was nothing we could do about.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I would just like you all to know that we just bought Souja Boy games for... um... er.... (checks notebook)...

Around $140 MILLION... I think....

🤣😇🙃

What? Wait ... didn't they just claim to own Atari? or was this a rumour/joke? are these all just jokes?

Edit: Just told this to my wife and she told me we're in the wrong business! 😂

Edited by Urlu Berlu
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Is the box for Moon Patrol a special collectors variant? Kidding aside, looks like we need a fix on that one (check the spine label):

https://www.amazon.de/Intellivision-Amico-Moon-Patrol/dp/B095HTQJS7/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&qid=1629515414

Missile Moon.png

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I know right?!?!  So annoying.  Our art department really hated putting them on there.   But there are size requirements that there was nothing we could do about.

Maybe they should of been put on the plastic covering as stickers, and not permanently on the boxes, really ruins the artwork! 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Maybe they should of been put on the plastic covering as stickers, and not permanently on the boxes, really ruins the artwork! 

And ironically, it will mostly , probably 99% collectors who buy them who have no need to see the ratings. Also there are no games that are teen or adult anyway. Oh well 

• Like 3