Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

For anyone unhappy with the large rating covering the artwork - it doesn't apply to US or Canada. Here's a mockup I did of what it'll probably look like for anyone in North America. Sneak Peek™

NFT.jpg

Edited by Jacob Livingston
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I would just like you all to know that we just bought Souja Boy games for... um... er.... (checks notebook)...

Around $140 MILLION... I think....

🤣😇🙃

That means you own Atari now, right?

... Always confused by these big bizness deals.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

Maybe they should of been put on the plastic covering as stickers, and not permanently on the boxes, really ruins the artwork! 

I asked and said the same thing!  But unfortunately we don't get that choice.  It's the law that they need to be on the actual box itself. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

For anyone unhappy with the large rating covering the artwork - it doesn't apply to US or Canada. Here's a mockup I did of what it'll probably look like for anyone in North America. Sneak Peek™

NFT.jpg

Pretty close, but the ESRB rating is a bit taller and thinner.

You can actually see the ESRB ratings on our box in this part of the video:

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

That means you own Atari now, right?

... Always confused by these big bizness deals.

That whole thing is really bizarre.  Did you see the 2nd video he put out yesterday showing parts of the Atari contract they sent allegedly sent over?

Very strange.

• Like 5

@Tommy Tallarico - Looking at the screen shot of Moon Patrol (which look awesome) I’m assuming they were taken during game testing with use of a GT mode and what I’m assuming to be starting with 999 lives.  If cheat codes remain in the final games (I hope they will BTW), will there be something in place that will prevent high score submission to the leader boards, both local and global, when used?  

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Pretty close, but the ESRB rating is a bit taller and thinner.

You can actually see the ESRB ratings on our box in this part of the video:

Ah, of course! I thought I saw the reference somewhere - that was it :) 

Are there any plans to do any other info reveals or videos before the end of the year? or is the plan to just stay focused on getting the units to retail and wait for that moment? Really just a question to determine if I should keep checking back here for news or if it's good to just wait until shipments are announced via email.

All the best.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I asked and said the same thing!  But unfortunately we don't get that choice.  It's the law that they need to be on the actual box itself. 

I assume that because that has the PEGI rating on it, that’s the one that will be available in the UK as well as Europe? Shame we couldn’t just have the PEGI rating on the UK one.

• Like 2

Someone posted here photos of several cd's that they had made from the music that Tommy gifted to us recently. I have looked for this post and cannot locate it.

Wanting to do this myself I wondered what the best program is to turn the music into a compact disc?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Utopia said:

Someone posted here photos of several cd's that they had made from the music that Tommy gifted to us recently. I have looked for this post and cannot locate it.

Wanting to do this myself I wondered what the best program is to turn the music into a compact disc?

Any CD burning program will do it provided you have blank cds. I use CDBurnerXP but there are quite a few both paid and freeware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

That whole thing is really bizarre.  Did you see the 2nd video he put out yesterday showing parts of the Atari contract they sent allegedly sent over?

Very strange.

Nah, I haven't seen anything on it other than the (I assume) first one that was posted in a thread on here.   Watched a couple minutes of it and couldn't take it anymore -- made me embarrassed for him (for obvious reasons) for me (for watching it) and for you (not really, but this is an Amico thread, so I gotta drag you into it somehow)

That thread quickly turned into nothing but a couple of users calling each other doodyheads or something and got locked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, we had an email from Argos today saying that Amico will now be released 2nd January 2022! Well let’s hope it’s no later! 🙏

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:37 AM, Starpaddler said:

@Tommy Tallarico - Looking at the screen shot of Moon Patrol (which look awesome) I’m assuming they were taken during game testing with use of a GT mode and what I’m assuming to be starting with 999 lives.  If cheat codes remain in the final games (I hope they will BTW), will there be something in place that will prevent high score submission to the leader boards, both local and global, when used?  

The cheat codes will definitely be taken out of the final product.  When you have leaderboard stuff they need to disappear.   :)

• Like 7

On 8/21/2021 at 7:54 AM, Jacob Livingston said:

Ah, of course! I thought I saw the reference somewhere - that was it :) 

Are there any plans to do any other info reveals or videos before the end of the year? or is the plan to just stay focused on getting the units to retail and wait for that moment? Really just a question to determine if I should keep checking back here for news or if it's good to just wait until shipments are announced via email.

All the best.

Yes.  There will be a lot of product videos between now and the end of the year.  We have a lot of other things the entire team is focusing on... but you should start to see a bunch of gameplay videos coming by late September.

Make sure to subscribe to our Mailing List and YouTube channel as well.

• Like 11

On 8/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, Silverbot said:

I assume that because that has the PEGI rating on it, that’s the one that will be available in the UK as well as Europe? Shame we couldn’t just have the PEGI rating on the UK one.

That's a good question.  I'm not 100% sure as it's not my area.  USK rating is just for Germany... so I'm not sure if all of the boxes will have both on them... or if only the German boxes will have the USK one as well.

I'll try to remember to ask Hans about that and get back to ya.

• Like 6

On 8/21/2021 at 3:42 PM, Utopia said:

I'm pretty sure that post was in one of the Intellivision Amico Facebook groups!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

So, we had an email from Argos today saying that Amico will now be released 2nd January 2022! Well let’s hope it’s no later! 🙏

Amazon is listing the date as December 31, 2022.

These are all just placeholder dates that people use when they don't have an exact date (which we don't).  They use the very beginning or the very end of the year typically.  Common practice I'm told.

The second we have an actual confirmed date and manufacturing has started... we will be shouting it from the mountaintops for sure!!

:)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I know we have a few folks who speak Italian in here.  Just wanted to post an incredible 6 page feature & interview that came out yesterday in Game Pro magazine over there.

Really well done layout, so even if you don't read Italian... you can see how cool it looks.

game_pro_031_intellivision1.thumb.jpg.cfbaea575d9c26adbf4f71e1c403d4cd.jpg

game_pro_031_intellivision2.thumb.jpg.ef7eb4745cc95e9f4a5bd61113b86ec4.jpg

game_pro_031_intellivision3.thumb.jpg.9ea8fe7b67d83ee1c515c7ccffa5ab99.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes.  There will be a lot of product videos between now and the end of the year.  We have a lot of other things the entire team is focusing on... but you should start to see a bunch of gameplay videos coming by late September.

Make sure to subscribe to our Mailing List and YouTube channel as well.

This is great to hear Tommy.  Can't wait.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I know we have a few folks who speak Italian in here. 

Will try to go through it with my broken Italian :). 

• Like 2

Hey Tommy,

I had the weirdest dream last night. For some reason I was back writing about cars again and you had rented out the desk opposite mine in the magazine offices.

Behind you was a massive CRT that was taller than you and you exclaimed that the glass in the tube was over ten inches thick and it was a mission to move. 

I was super enamoured with the massive CRT so you crossed to your desk and pulled some crappy, tiny knockoff CRT TV out of a plastic bag and gave it to me. I pretended it was awesome but was also keen to check it out when I got home.

So, I woke up to cough my lungs out, fell asleep and the dream continued.

The moral of the story is, you're literally the man of dreams 🥰🥰🥰😆😆😆

My god, I have strange dreams when I'm sick and drugged up...

• Haha 9

13 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

So che qui dentro abbiamo alcune persone che parlano italiano. Volevo solo pubblicare un'incredibile funzionalità e intervista di 6 pagine che è uscita ieri sulla rivista Game Pro laggiù.

Layout davvero ben fatto, quindi anche se non leggi l'italiano... puoi vedere quanto è bello.

game_pro_031_intellivision1.thumb.jpg.cfbaea575d9c26adbf4f71e1c403d4cd.jpg

game_pro_031_intellivision2.thumb.jpg.ef7eb4745cc95e9f4a5bd61113b86ec4.jpg

game_pro_031_intellivision3.thumb.jpg.9ea8fe7b67d83ee1c515c7ccffa5ab99.jpg

Thanks for the tip Tommy, great article. A curiosity, Hans says that there are 2 games in development in Italy, can you reveal which ones are? I seem to have read some time ago that one was really Soccer, I remember well or am I wrong?

• Like 5