Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

56 minutes ago, Crusader71 said:

Thanks for the tip Tommy, great article. A curiosity, Hans says that there are 2 games in development in Italy, can you reveal which ones are? I seem to have read some time ago that one was really Soccer, I remember well or am I wrong?

I hope soccer is being developed in Italy and they make the Italian National team the best team you can have lol.  Also if they don't have any license for player names it'll be enough to have a Tallarico and Zanette as 2 forwards on Italy.

Edited by Zee
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MantaNZ said:

Hey Tommy,

I had the weirdest dream last night. For some reason I was back writing about cars again and you had rented out the desk opposite mine in the magazine offices.

I was merely trying to get the latest information on new Ferrari's.  Except for that SUV Ferarri... what the hell!?!?  Enzo is spinning over in his grave right now.

Behind you was a massive CRT that was taller than you

This is not a difficult thing for anything to be taller than me. 

and you exclaimed that the glass in the tube was over ten inches thick and it was a mission to move. 

It was actually only 9.85 inches thick so everyone called me a liar.

I was super enamoured with the massive CRT so you crossed to your desk and pulled some crappy, tiny knockoff CRT TV out of a plastic bag and gave it to me.

That was our Arcade 1up original mini Intellivision product being released at some point. 

I pretended it was awesome but was also keen to check it out when I got home.

If you squint your eyes and get really hammered... it almost reminds you of that frustrating feeling you had as a child trying to figure out WTF the Utopia and Microsurgeon controls were without the overlays in.

So, I woke up to cough my lungs out, fell asleep and the dream continued.

Need more Microsurgeon to fix those lungs!

The moral of the story is, you're literally the man of dreams 🥰🥰🥰😆😆😆

You'll need to stand in line.  Until you start making daily videos of me and posting on every possible social media and communication program hourly about me... you'll always be behind the curve a bit.

My god, I have strange dreams when I'm sick and drugged up...

Go back to the first page of this thread and re-read every single post ever made.  By the time you're finished... you'll be feeling fine albeit extremely numb.

😋

• Haha 17

2 hours ago, Crusader71 said:

Thanks for the tip Tommy, great article. A curiosity, Hans says that there are 2 games in development in Italy, can you reveal which ones are? I seem to have read some time ago that one was really Soccer, I remember well or am I wrong?

Soccer & Flying Tigers!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zee said:

I hope soccer is being developed in Italy and they make the Italian National team the best team you can have lol.  Also if they don't have any license for player names it'll be enough to have a Tallarico and Zanette as 2 forwards on Italy.

No reason why we couldn't! 

🤣🍕🏆❤️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zee said:

"Football is a game and Germany wins" (quote by... i actually forgot).

shot0000.gif.da02bafb7f8adb2f0f9fbbb0d9c43b18.gif

Edited by Gernot

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

No reason why we couldn't! 

🤣🍕🏆❤️

Wouldn't that be something?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gernot said:

"Football is a game and Germany wins" (quote by... i actually forgot).

shot0000.gif.da02bafb7f8adb2f0f9fbbb0d9c43b18.gif

Not at this year's Euro though 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was just because of the uneven number ;), therefore Switzerland made it to the quarterfinal. It was not a good championship everybody won with a lot of luck i guess the golden goal rule was better.

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I was merely trying to get the latest information on new Ferrari's.  Except for that SUV Ferarri... what the hell!?!?  Enzo is spinning over in his grave right now.

😋

I actually kinda like it. Much better than that God awful FF. A mate bought one of those and I gave him so much crap. Then I remembered I drive a 2008 Nissan Cube...

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Gernot said:

It was not a good championship

...for Switzerland.

🙂🙃😉😊😇🥰😋

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes.  There will be a lot of product videos between now and the end of the year.  We have a lot of other things the entire team is focusing on... but you should start to see a bunch of gameplay videos coming by late September.

Make sure to subscribe to our Mailing List and YouTube channel as well.

How many review units will be sent out by the end of the year?  

• Like 4

Just now, Tommy Tallarico said:

...for Switzerland.

🙂🙃😉😊😇🥰😋

Most Swiss was satisfied with the result, we say "they fought well".

That we lost the match against Spain my friends and me are convinced was first due to the "lotto-match" (penalty shootout) and a certain overconfidence of two players, how could they play such an easy to catch ball? But perhaps who knows it was cheated? I saw a ridiculous cheated match, watch:

https://youtu.be/90bkLu_bmfw

(Korea don't likes to share clips on foreign sites - hmmm...)

Of course it's only the u16 of DPR Korea against Uzbekistan and an absolute unimportant match, however it is more as just obvious that this match was cheated.

I don't think Switzerland vs. Spain was a cheated game, but this excerpt shows that sport is often cheated most time of course not that obvious (the excerpt i watched in a documentation about cheating in sport, the "runners" who place the bets and and contact interested claim that this is more common as we can imagine).

1 hour ago, Gernot said:

Most Swiss was satisfied with the result, we say "they fought well".

That we lost the match against Spain my friends and me are convinced was first due to the "lotto-match" (penalty shootout) and a certain overconfidence of two players, how could they play such an easy to catch ball? But perhaps who knows it was cheated? I saw a ridiculous cheated match, watch:

https://youtu.be/90bkLu_bmfw

(Korea don't likes to share clips on foreign sites - hmmm...)

Of course it's only the u16 of DPR Korea against Uzbekistan and an absolute unimportant match, however it is more as just obvious that this match was cheated.

I don't think Switzerland vs. Spain was a cheated game, but this excerpt shows that sport is often cheated most time of course not that obvious (the excerpt i watched in a documentation about cheating in sport, the "runners" who place the bets and and contact interested claim that this is more common as we can imagine).

Wow.  Yeah... that was definitely a purposed fall from the goal keeper.

All kidding aside, Switzerland played great and should be really proud as a country.

❤️🍫🔪💵❤️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Does Amico make anyone else feel kind of like a kid again?

Tommy, are we there yet?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Not as much as my Intellivision :) and even this don't reaches into childhood i would have to get me a homebrew Pong machine to feel as child.

Or an old LED Missile shooting handheld.

Edited by Gernot
  • Like 3

Interesting article about the Steam wishlist and the surprising strong representation of indie games:

“About 30 of the top 100 wishlisted games, by my categorization, are from big, established studios….The remaining games are from smaller teams.” 

Considering the Amico is in some ways an “indie box” this bodes really well for market appeal.

https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-wishlisted-games-analysis/

• Like 5

Hi Tommy, can you give us your personal ranking of the eight physical releases and add one sentence to each game what you like most about it?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Tommy, are we there yet?

IF YOU DON'T STOP ASKING AND FIGHTING WITH YOUR SISTER I'M GONNA TURN THIS CAR AROUND!!!

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Interesting article about the Steam wishlist and the surprising strong representation of indie games:

“About 30 of the top 100 wishlisted games, by my categorization, are from big, established studios….The remaining games are from smaller teams.” 

Considering the Amico is in some ways an “indie box” this bodes really well for market appeal.

https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-wishlisted-games-analysis/

Awesome article!  Thanks for posting. 

Yep... this is a trend that a lot of folks started seeing about 4 to 5 years ago and is only growing and getting stronger.

Amico is definitely a platform that will foster and promote this even more.  Always one of our missions from the beginning.

• Like 6

Tommy,

I downloaded the music that you emailed us.  It had a picture of EWJ in the list but when I click download, nothing happens.  It just shows the picture.  Is the picture supposed to be in the music list area?

4 hours ago, Talerian said:

Hi Tommy, can you give us your personal ranking of the eight physical releases and add one sentence to each game what you like most about it?

Great and fun question!  Thanks for asking.

As you mentioned, these are my PERSONAL rankings and not which ones I think others will like or which ones I think will sell better than others.  This is based on my personal taste only.

And I gotta tell ya... this is a HARD list to make for me because I really like them all but for different reasons.  The difference from 1st place to last place would only be a couple of points from each other and I could see anyone having the exact opposite of my list and I could totally understand and agree with them as well.

So here we go:

Evel Knievel - Multiplayer is amazing, unlocking things and working your way up in single player is captivating and the audio and ragdoll physics keep people entertained and laughing for a long time.  Also love the box art, simplicity and the way we incorporated motion controls.

Moon Patrol - I kept going back and forth with EK as my #1.  The single player is probably the most challenging game we'll have on launch (RFRE is close as well).  The physics of the vehicle and the fun factor of trying to get to the next checkpoint keeps bringing you back for more and very challenging without being frustrating.  Love the box art on this one as well.

Finnigan Fox - I like the style, challenge and the way the audio came out for this.  It's a platformer where you always feel like your progressing and it never really gets frustrating.  I like the box art for this one as well.

Dynablaster - Super fun to play with friends or single player tournaments against the A.I.  This game is addicting and more in depth than people may think.  The box art is really fantastic... especially when you find out some other things about the art.  :)

Biplanes - This is one of my favorite multiplayer games.  Really well done and folks will play it for hours.  Simple to learn and really fun with 2 or more people.  Lots of different ways to play and once again, love the box art for this one.

Rigid Force Redux Enhanced - This one could easily be 3rd or 4th on the list as well.  3 - 6 are all pretty much tied for me.  Very challenging game, but definitely playable on EASY.  Really great graphics and audio all around and playing with a 2nd person who isn't a gamer (and can't die) is REALLY fun!

Missile Command - Another one that could easily be towards the top of my list because the multiplayer Co-Op and Versus is so much fun.  Single player is great as well (and gets REALLY hard after level 30).  For older people who haven't played video games in years, this is always the one they ask to play and they end up playing it so much that they barely get to see any of the other games because they love it so much.  Amazing box art on this one as well.

Brain Duel - This game is going to sell very well I'm sure.  I'm not really into these types of games, but understand and respect why people are.  I do love the art style and the idea of doing brain puzzles against multiple people at once is definitely cool.  And this game REALLY shows off how cool it is to have a screen on a controller!  But I'm more of an action guy when I play video games (exception... original Utopia!)   :)

There ya go!  Thanks for the great question!

❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

I downloaded the music that you emailed us.  It had a picture of EWJ in the list but when I click download, nothing happens.  It just shows the picture.  Is the picture supposed to be in the music list area?

There is an EWJ album (which would show the picture of the album cover in Humble Bundle) and then there is a .zip file of a bunch of EWJ artwork that we created for the vinyl.  You may need to download the .zip and then unzip it to see all the art.

• Like 6