Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

5 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

There is an EWJ album (which would show the picture of the album cover in Humble Bundle) and then there is a .zip file of a bunch of EWJ artwork that we created for the vinyl.  You may need to download the .zip and then unzip it to see all the art.

Okay.  I downloaded the EWJ Anthology.  I guess the picture is in there.  It just confused me at first because the download button was there, yet you couldn't download the picture.  But anyway, I still have to download the e-book stuff. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Great and fun question!  Thanks for asking.

As you mentioned, these are my PERSONAL rankings and not which ones I think others will like or which ones I think will sell better than others.  This is based on my personal taste only.

And I gotta tell ya... this is a HARD list to make for me because I really like them all but for different reasons.  The difference from 1st place to last place would only be a couple of points from each other and I could see anyone having the exact opposite of my list and I could totally understand and agree with them as well.

So here we go:

Evel Knievel - Multiplayer is amazing, unlocking things and working your way up in single player is captivating and the audio and ragdoll physics keep people entertained and laughing for a long time.  Also love the box art, simplicity and the way we incorporated motion controls.

Moon Patrol - I kept going back and forth with EK as my #1.  The single player is probably the most challenging game we'll have on launch (RFRE is close as well).  The physics of the vehicle and the fun factor of trying to get to the next checkpoint keeps bringing you back for more and very challenging without being frustrating.  Love the box art on this one as well.

Finnigan Fox - I like the style, challenge and the way the audio came out for this.  It's a platformer where you always feel like your progressing and it never really gets frustrating.  I like the box art for this one as well.

Dynablaster - Super fun to play with friends or single player tournaments against the A.I.  This game is addicting and more in depth than people may think.  The box art is really fantastic... especially when you find out some other things about the art.  :)

Biplanes - This is one of my favorite multiplayer games.  Really well done and folks will play it for hours.  Simple to learn and really fun with 2 or more people.  Lots of different ways to play and once again, love the box art for this one.

Rigid Force Redux Enhanced - This one could easily be 3rd or 4th on the list as well.  3 - 6 are all pretty much tied for me.  Very challenging game, but definitely playable on EASY.  Really great graphics and audio all around and playing with a 2nd person who isn't a gamer (and can't die) is REALLY fun!

Missile Command - Another one that could easily be towards the top of my list because the multiplayer Co-Op and Versus is so much fun.  Single player is great as well (and gets REALLY hard after level 30).  For older people who haven't played video games in years, this is always the one they ask to play and they end up playing it so much that they barely get to see any of the other games because they love it so much.  Amazing box art on this one as well.

Brain Duel - This game is going to sell very well I'm sure.  I'm not really into these types of games, but understand and respect why people are.  I do love the art style and the idea of doing brain puzzles against multiple people at once is definitely cool.  And this game REALLY shows off how cool it is to have a screen on a controller!  But I'm more of an action guy when I play video games (exception... original Utopia!)   :)

There ya go!  Thanks for the great question!

❤️

Thank you very much for the detailed answer that was very interestlng. Now I have to ask the obvious - would you do the same for the 5 announced pack-in games as well? 😉

BTW: My personal ranking for most anticipated would be (based on taste and what I know so far):

1. Biplanes

2. Missile command

3. Moon patrol 

4. Dynablaster

5. Brain duel 

6. Evel knievel 

7. Finnigan Fox 

8. RFRE

• Like 6

Intellivision will be featured at gamescom this week!

Thursday, 20.00 - 22.00 CET (11am - 1pm PST): myself and Intellivision European president Hans Ippisch will be on the virtual Sceneworld Panel, hosted by Joerg Droege.

Friday, 19.30 - 20.00 CET (10.30am - 11am PST, German language only): Hans Ippisch will be showing the latest Intellivision hardware and live demostration of Astrosmash at the bumm Film studios (Munich area), hosted by Sven Vößing, Jo Hesse and Tommy Krappweis. He'll have some physical products and accessories there as well.

Registered gamescom visitors will be able to view it here: https://now.gamescom.de/
  • Like 8

57 minutes ago, Talerian said:

BTW: My personal ranking for most anticipated would be (based on taste and what I know so far):

1. Biplanes

2. Missile command

3. Moon patrol 

4. Dynablaster

5. Brain duel 

6. Evel knievel 

7. Finnigan Fox 

8. RFRE

My list would be:

1.Moon Patrol (really looking forward to playing this co-op and vs modes)

2. Evel knievel (have tried the mobile version, looking forward to the big screen version on Amico, and multiplayer rockets looks so much fun)

3.Dynablaster (never played Bomberman, but looks like another great multiplayer vs game)

4. RFRD (again, very interesting co-op mode that makes an ”ordinary” shmup into a fantastic two player experience)

5. Biplanes (Intrigued but not yet 100% sold on this one)

6. Brainduel (could be a lot of fun, but we haven’t seen much of the gameplay yet)

7. Finnegan Fox (Looks great but it’s mostly a single player game, so this will probably be a favorite to my kids when they play on their own)

8. Missile command (never played any version of this game and this is for sure the least interesting game to me, who knows maybe I get a surprise when I try it but it’s not really my style of game)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

He'll have some physical products and accessories there as well.

Does this mean you will reveal how your physical media works on this event?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Talerian said:

1. Biplanes

2. Missile command

3. Moon patrol 

4. Dynablaster

5. Brain duel 

6. Evel knievel 

7. Finnigan Fox 

8. RFRE

Right now I am probably at:

1. Moon Patrol

2. Evel Knievel

3. Finnigan Fox

4. Missile Command

5. Biplanes

6. Brain Duel

7. Dynablaster

8. RFRE

The ordering is mostly based on my familiarity with the games, so definitely subject to change. For example I never was a Bomberman/Dynablaster player back in the day. Played a little & heard of it lots, but just never really got into the game. So less excited for it than, say, Moon Patrol that we got to play the demo on & I played in the past.

• Like 5

Tommy,

What's going on with Night Stalker? It was one of the first games you showed off, and it looked great. But you haven't shown it in a really long time. Hope all is well with it as it is still my most anticipated Amico game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, vongruetz said:

Tommy,

What's going on with Night Stalker? It was one of the first games you showed off, and it looked great. But you haven't shown it in a really long time. Hope all is well with it as it is still my most anticipated Amico game.

That one and Cloudy Mountain are on my day one purchase list.

• Like 10

Hi Tommy, I would also like to know how Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are coming along. Like many people here, these two games are my most anticipated and would love to see an update on them both. PLEASE!!! 😀

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Great and fun question!  Thanks for asking.

As you mentioned, these are my PERSONAL rankings and not which ones I think others will like or which ones I think will sell better than others.  This is based on my personal taste only.

And I gotta tell ya... this is a HARD list to make for me because I really like them all but for different reasons.  The difference from 1st place to last place would only be a couple of points from each other and I could see anyone having the exact opposite of my list and I could totally understand and agree with them as well.

So here we go:

Evel Knievel - Multiplayer is amazing, unlocking things and working your way up in single player is captivating and the audio and ragdoll physics keep people entertained and laughing for a long time.  Also love the box art, simplicity and the way we incorporated motion controls.

Moon Patrol - I kept going back and forth with EK as my #1.  The single player is probably the most challenging game we'll have on launch (RFRE is close as well).  The physics of the vehicle and the fun factor of trying to get to the next checkpoint keeps bringing you back for more and very challenging without being frustrating.  Love the box art on this one as well.

Finnigan Fox - I like the style, challenge and the way the audio came out for this.  It's a platformer where you always feel like your progressing and it never really gets frustrating.  I like the box art for this one as well.

Dynablaster - Super fun to play with friends or single player tournaments against the A.I.  This game is addicting and more in depth than people may think.  The box art is really fantastic... especially when you find out some other things about the art.  :)

Biplanes - This is one of my favorite multiplayer games.  Really well done and folks will play it for hours.  Simple to learn and really fun with 2 or more people.  Lots of different ways to play and once again, love the box art for this one.

Rigid Force Redux Enhanced - This one could easily be 3rd or 4th on the list as well.  3 - 6 are all pretty much tied for me.  Very challenging game, but definitely playable on EASY.  Really great graphics and audio all around and playing with a 2nd person who isn't a gamer (and can't die) is REALLY fun!

Missile Command - Another one that could easily be towards the top of my list because the multiplayer Co-Op and Versus is so much fun.  Single player is great as well (and gets REALLY hard after level 30).  For older people who haven't played video games in years, this is always the one they ask to play and they end up playing it so much that they barely get to see any of the other games because they love it so much.  Amazing box art on this one as well.

Brain Duel - This game is going to sell very well I'm sure.  I'm not really into these types of games, but understand and respect why people are.  I do love the art style and the idea of doing brain puzzles against multiple people at once is definitely cool.  And this game REALLY shows off how cool it is to have a screen on a controller!  But I'm more of an action guy when I play video games (exception... original Utopia!)   :)

There ya go!  Thanks for the great question!

❤️

tomorrow there will be 6 videos on Youtube "TOMMY TALLARICO ADMITS HE HATES BRAIN DUEL WITH A PASSION!!! IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THE AMICO!" 

• Haha 11

Speaking of Gamescom and other recent conferences, I'm just curious: were there any announcements that you've wanted to make this past year, but weren't able to due to stuff like time constraints? @Tommy Tallarico

• Like 3

23 hours ago, theswede said:

Does this mean you will reveal how your physical media works on this event?

No.  Only showing the boxes and talking about how they are manufactured, finished and sitting in a warehouse.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, vongruetz said:

Tommy,

We want to focus on the games we will be launching first.  Night Stalker is such a big and anticipated project for a lot of retro folks that we can hold that one back and let everything else shine first.

Night Stalker will be coming in 2022 and some really cool things planned for showing it off.

• Like 10

On 8/25/2021 at 7:56 AM, Talerian said:

would you do the same for the 5 announced pack-in games as well? 😉

Astrosmash

Skiing

Shark! Shark!

Unannounced Party Game

Cornhole

Farkle

• Like 6

17 hours ago, JasperAK said:

That one and Cloudy Mountain are on my day one purchase list.

Like Night Stalker... Cloudy Mountain is another one that we are holding back til a later date so it can get it's own promotion and marketing a little later on.

Also coming in 2022.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Battlefish said:

Speaking of Gamescom and other recent conferences, I'm just curious: were there any announcements that you've wanted to make this past year, but weren't able to due to stuff like time constraints? @Tommy Tallarico

Yes.  TONS!!

Not really time constraints... more like shifting timelines.

Physical products, our User Interface and packaging are just a few that we've had to hold back but were hoping to have out there by now.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

We want to focus on the games we will be launching first.  Night Stalker is such a big and anticipated project for a lot of retro folks that we can hold that one back and let everything else shine first.

Night Stalker will be coming in 2022 and some really cool things planned for showing it off.

Not sure if its just me being hopeful but my reading between the lines of the above sounds to me like Tommy is still anticipating a launch, at least of some sort, in 2021; otherwise there wouldn't be any difference in distinguishing a 2022 NS release year.

🤞

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Like Night Stalker... Cloudy Mountain is another one that we are holding back til a later date so it can get it's own promotion and marketing a little later on.

Can you really afford to though? you are being destroyed out here in social media land, I mean destroyed.  Also why hasnt the OS been finished? and why hasnt the aws backend been finished? I want to root for you guys but to be honest as someone whos company just built an aws back end a helluva lot more complicated than anything you guys are doing, I just dont get it. Hardware is one thing, software is another and I dont understand the delays. You guys really need to start showing off everything you have, from where I sit, you guys are really getting smoked all over the industry and social media.  Sorry that just my honest opinion.

Edited by bigdaddygamestudio
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Not sure if its just me being hopeful but my reading between the lines of the above sounds to me like Tommy is still anticipating a launch, at least of some sort, in 2021; otherwise there wouldn't be any difference in distinguishing a 2022 NS release year.

🤞

I really hope so.  Time will tell.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

🤞

❤️

We are still trying our hardest to get units out by Christmas if at all possible.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2