Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

42 minutes ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

You guys really need to start showing off everything you have, from where I sit, you guys are really getting smoked all over the industry and social media.  Sorry that just my honest opinion.

I appreciate your honest opinion.

Here is something to take into consideration.

Smoked by people who hate the idea of Amico or don't understand what it is and say they will never buy it and it will fail?  Folks who say we shouldn't exist because the Switch already does?  Folks who make daily creepy stalker videos and harass anyone who has played Amico and likes it?  People who say our motion controls don't work and they have lag even though literally EVERY person who has ever played it says the exact opposite?  Folks who say we've never shown a working controller even though there are multiple videos on our YouTube page for over a year and half?  You mean by the people who aren't our target audience and who I said wasn't our main audience from the beginning?

I would kindly suggest to try joining some of the Amico or Intellivision Facebook groups.  There are a lot of people there (and who aren't anonymous) who are understanding of the situation and definitely have respectful discussions and personal critiques.  Also make sure to check out the overwhelmingly positive comments on any of our YouTube videos as well as the Like to Dislike ratios.  That's real life... not multiple phony burner accounts.

Don't let the negative vocal few who are only looking for drama clicks and attention dictate what you think the majority actually feels or how it will eventually affect sales.  Remember, the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo Switch went through the same kind of social media and gaming press negativity... but on a much bigger scale.  The majority of people will decide if they want one once it's out and people who have it are talking positively about it.  All this speculation, misinformation and conspiracy theory nonsense will cease to exist once everyone can hold one in their hand and play it.

Marketing to the masses and our target audience is way more important to us than to cater to groups of people who are only going to ignore facts to continue the negative drama.  The fact that hundreds of people have played Amico and said there is ZERO lag... yet certain "social media" folks completely ignore that because it doesn't fit their false narrative is all the proof anyone needs to recognize that our goal isn't to please people who dislike us.  Our goal is to do a successful launch to the masses who quite frankly aren't on Twitter, Reddit, Discord, AtariAge, etc.  And for all the people who may follow and listen to those people... let them decide for themselves when the product comes out.  Let the product speak for itself and prove itself like it has to all of the people who have already played it and really love it.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Marketing to the masses and our target audience is way more important to us than to cater to groups of people who are only going to ignore facts to continue the negative drama

what do you envision that to be?  TV ads? Social media is how you market to the masses. All the top fans in social media are either deleting their content, going silent, or moving on, all the while others are having a field day as you guys remain silent on legitimate questions. In not a hater , far from it, but I have legitimate concerns as to why software isnt being finished and shown, OS, backend, new games etc..  I bought the founders edition the minute it came out and I was on vacation and found time to do it, but now I am even having some thought to just canceling it since Im not seeing the software and games being shown, finished and worked on, and something to me at least just doesnt add up.  So again, just being honest. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

what do you envision that to be?  TV ads? Social media is how you market to the masses.

Word of mouth, getting it into hands of people, major YouTube influencers, family, senior & faith based magazines, and "real" social media.

All the top fans in social media are either deleting their content, going silent, or moving on,

Actually, they are being threatened and bullied.

all the while others are having a field day as you guys remain silent on legitimate questions.

If anyone has any questions they are more than welcome to ask them here.  Everyone knows I'm here and that I answer everything I possibly can for the past 2 1/2 years.

In not a hater , far from it,

I know you're not.

but I have legitimate concerns as to why software isnt being finished and shown, OS, backend, new games etc.. 

I answered that one.  Because we need to give certain exclusives to big websites and influencers when the time is right.

I bought the founders edition the minute it came out and I was on vacation and found time to do it, but now I am even having some thought to just canceling it since Im not seeing the software and games being shown, finished and worked on, and something to me at least just doesnt add up.  So again, just being honest. 

That's totally fine and reasonable.  But we're not going to change our bigger launch plans.

That being said, a bunch of videos will be coming out over the next few months, so you may want to wait before you make a decision.  But if you do want to get a refund on your Founders Edition please feel free to reach out to support@Intellivision.com and they will take care of you immediately.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Actually, they are being threatened and bullied.

Would you mind providing specific examples?

If anyone has any questions they are more than welcome to ask them here.  Everyone knows I'm here and that I answer everything I possibly can for the past 2 1/2 years.

How many review units will ship by the end of 2021?  I should think that would be a question you could possibly answer.

I answered that one.  Because we need to give certain exclusives to big websites and influencers when the time is right.

Does this need come at the expense of keeping paying customers informed?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

Can you really afford to though? you are being destroyed out here in social media land, I mean destroyed.  Also why hasnt the OS been finished? and why hasnt the aws backend been finished? I want to root for you guys but to be honest as someone whos company just built an aws back end a helluva lot more complicated than anything you guys are doing, I just dont get it. Hardware is one thing, software is another and I dont understand the delays. You guys really need to start showing off everything you have, from where I sit, you guys are really getting smoked all over the industry and social media.  Sorry that just my honest opinion.

destroyed? there are only about 10 mouth breathing haters each with about 15 different accounts doing all the "destroying" in a population of 328 million people...things will be fine 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, ASalvaro said:

destroyed? there are only about 10 mouth breathing haters each with about 15 different accounts doing all the "destroying" in a population of 328 million people...things will be fine 

I wish that were true. If you think the buzz for the amico right now is good, well I simply disagree and thats all I am saying.

Tommy thanks for the replies, Im still pulling for you guys as there will always be a place in my heart for the Intellivision.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Tommy,  whilst we are talking honest opinions ..? Here are mine 

I have a very small YouTube channel of 50 subscribers. I made a video 3 weeks ago using my real name, showing me and my pretty face.

I explained why I had pre ordered a founders edition,? This was because of reasons very personal to me and also the reasons I had decided to unfortunately cancel it. Reasons did NOT Include controls, crowd funding, physical media etc etc. It was clearly about what I thought were broken promises regarding previously announced games. I have listed them to you on here, and you decided not to address these concerns properly in my opinion. I mean isn't asking you questions part of the reason for this thread in the first place ?

Therefore after giving you the opportunity to answer simple questions, I made the video.

My videos are not meant to be creepy, but humourous with honest opinions both good and bad. For example I have praised the design of the controller, the box art and have expressed genuine excitement for the games you claimed were coming out in your reveal video. I have been criticized for doing that by the way, but I except it with good grace and move on.

One reason I also became uneasy about all of this came when I first joined this forum to ask questions and was immediately shouted down. I was also appalled when someone with legitimate concerns was called a fascist and no one including yourself condemned these words.... This is your thread, one which you read and contribute too regularly. Therefore you had ample opportunity to give your opinion on this shocking comment which came from a regular contributor. Does this mean you support this type of comment and behaviour ?

Since my very first video I have been trolled and abused by one person using multiple alt accounts (which he has confirmed and I have the screenshots:of this as proof)

However, once identified by commenters on my channel he has subsequently removed all the nasty comments and gone to ground. This person if true, has attended both your recent public events and is well known to troll the gaming community. Perhaps you might like to investigate ?

Insults included: 

I am gay  ... I'm not but there would be nothing wrong with that....Full on homophobia

I beat my wife and she left me for a Muhammed.... Full on racism 

I am a cocaine addict 

I sexually abuse young children and I am on the sex offenders register 

I am a down and out.

I am mentally retarded 

.... And lots lots more.

I have an average of 143 views for goodness sake so who released the hounds?

Whoever it was clearly does not like any oposistion to what is essentially a toy so do they have some sort of vested financial interest in your company?

All of this abuse was seen by my children and they became very upset, so how dare you insinuate this stuff only happens to a certain group of people.

Please do not also include me in your assumptions that people with concerns and criticisms create content just for clicks, views and subs ... Don't flatter yourself mate !

People have been weponised on both sides and you are at least partially responsible for this wether you choose to accept this or not. It will not stop me from voicing my opinion and that of others.

Again you talk about bullying yet you positively contribute regularly to certain YouTubers who have actually threatened physical violence to detractors of themselves and the console. Intact on both occasions you thanked them for their support... And yes I have called them out for their behaviour which I totally stand by.

Attack dogs have been unleashed on both sides, so spare all of us your false narratives regarding those that don't like what this project has become. It is time for you to calm things down and NOT fan the flames with statements like the one you have just made.

I return to this forum after several weeks and see no further concrete information apart from that two of the most anticipated games (CM & NS) with will not be released at launch.

Are these two games really targeted for a family friendly audience or for hardcore intelivision fans ?. There are comments from many people on here who clearly want what's been shown multiple times on official videos. Yet still no release dates, only an advisory comment they will have to wait til next year......utter nonscence in my opinion.

I'm afraid you have lost my purchase and support. I regularly have people mocking why I wanted to do so in the first place, but my love of the intelivision brand will not be broken by anyone, including anybody attempting to abuse me further.

I hope this console does come out for the genuine people who just want what was outlined in the original reveal video and who want to play the games that were promised. You targeted them (including me) and no one else on that video, so now it is up to you to do right by them. I also hope that if the console does not get released to the wider public, developer's will be compensated and allowed to release the games on other platforms.

I'm sure you'll reply to this comment for your captive audience but it will fall on my deaf ears as far as I'm concerned.

I will continue to make videos and hope others will do the same for both sides of the argument. 

Edited by Jetsream1969
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

When I look at the Fundable.com/intellivision page I can’t help but feel like I was being lied to all along regarding launch dates / delays etc …. 20 games nearing completion ? operating system 90% complete ? Other information I can’t access that might be more bad news …….my point is that I feel I was led to believe that the only thing standing in the way of the launch of the console was the missing components and that is simply not true. It was a lie. What else is there to say ? It was never ready and waiting to launch and the missing components may not have been a problem at all.  Who knows ? The first problem is not the missing components , it’s that the console and games are not done or even close to being done it seems . (Back end systems , operating systems , games etc ) I’m disappointed with the company. Maybe I misunderstood , but my understanding was that the missing components were the only thing preventing the launch of the console. Am I wrong ?

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

Would you mind providing specific examples?

Sure.  ArtofMana and SmashJT are just two of the people who have spoken publicly about it recently.

Many others (including YouTubers here) have talked about harassment, racist comments, stalking and excessive bullying.

Shameful isn't it?

Would you agree?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Sure.  ArtofMana and SmashJT are just two of the people who have spoken publicly about it recently.

Many others (including YouTubers here) have talked about harassment, racist comments, stalking and excessive bullying.

Shameful isn't it?

Would you agree?

I do not at all condone harassment and threats.  I was hoping you would actually post the threats themselves, or links to them, rather than asking me to take your word for it.  

Would you care to answer my other two questions?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsream1969 said:

It is time for you to calm things down and NOT fan the flames with statements like the one you have just made.

It is a fact that people have been harassed, bullied and silenced because they talk positively about Amico.  That was the question that was asked and I gave the answer.

People demand that I "provide receipts", yet when I do it's considered fanning the flames now?  But if I don't... then I'm just a liar making things up.

It's for these reasons why I try not to have conversations with certain types of folks any more.  Certain people are only looking for anything I say so they can put a negative spin on it.

And for the record (as if I really needed to say this) I don't support bullying on either side, but if you think for a second that it is in any way equal... I'm sorry, but with all due respect, you are very much mistaken.

People are silent because they are tired of the petty drama, constant hate videos and negative misinformation being made up on a daily basis.

Like I said earlier... we'll let the product do the talking from now on.

Hopefully you'll have a chance to play one at some point and realize how cool and fun it is. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

How many review units will ship by the end of 2021?  I should think that would be a question you could possibly answer.

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Does this need come at the expense of keeping paying customers informed?

As an interested party with preorders, can you explain why the review units matter? Is it to get insight into the new shipping date, which has not been declared yet? If they don’t have a date yet, why would the review units be in stone? I am just not following, other than trying to deduct information which they really don’t have yet. 

As far as holding exclusives for the marketing plan, I would say it would “come at the expense” of keeping paying customers informed. As someone that will be owning Amico, I would rather give them a better chance to succeed by having influencers involved than wanting to feed my inability to wait any longer with information that will not make anything happen any faster. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

It is a fact that people have been harassed, bullied and silenced because they talk positively about Amico.  That was the question that was asked and I gave the answer.

People demand that I "provide receipts", yet when I do it's considered fanning the flames now?  But if I don't... then I'm just a liar making things up.

It's for these reasons why I try not to have conversations with certain types of folks any more.  Certain people are only looking for anything I say so they can put a negative spin on it.

And for the record (as if I really needed to say this) I don't support bullying on either side, but if you think for a second that it is in any way equal... I'm sorry, but with all due respect, you are very much mistaken.

People are silent because they are tired of the petty drama, constant hate videos and negative misinformation being made up on a daily basis.

Like I said earlier... we'll let the product do the talking from now on.

Hopefully you'll have a chance to play one at some point and realize how cool and fun it is. 

tomm,y, i have no doubt people have been targeted for their praise of the amico. as to smashJT, he was attacked because he was not honest with his audience re: investing in the product. it got discovered, and he got called out. but bullying people just because they support the amico is NOT a good look, and i dont even condone harassment of smashJT, i just think when as a person covering the console, if you invested you gotta disclose that stuff

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cranker said:

When I look at the Fundable.com/intellivision page I can’t help but feel like I was being lied to all along regarding launch dates / delays etc …. 20 games nearing completion ? operating system 90% complete ? Other information I can’t access that might be more bad news …….my point is that I feel I was led to believe that the only thing standing in the way of the launch of the console was the missing components and that is simply not true. It was a lie. What else is there to say ? It was never ready and waiting to launch and the missing components may not have been a problem at all.  Who knows ? The first problem is not the missing components , it’s that the console and games are not done or even close to being done it seems . (Back end systems , operating systems , games etc ) I’m disappointed with the company.

Yes... you continue bringing this up every time a new obsessed hater makes something else up in order to hopefully destroy the company.

Everything about your post is wrong and based on twisted misinformation.  Zero reason to explain any of it to you at this point as you clearly don't believe a word I say anyway.

This is a AMICO FUN DISCUSSIONS thread so aside from being off-topic, if you believe I'm lying to everyone... probably not a good place for you to continue supporting and being a part of.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 1stplayertokens said:

tomm,y, i have no doubt people have been targeted for their praise of the amico. as to smashJT, he was attacked because he was not honest with his audience re: investing in the product. it got discovered, and he got called out. but bullying people just because they support the amico is NOT a good look, and i dont even condone harassment of smashJT, i just think when as a person covering the console, if you invested you gotta disclose that stuff

With all due respect, I believe your assessment of the situation is incorrect.

SmashJT absolutely divulged from day one that he had invested in the company.  He did so after he came down and played it and realized how amazing it was.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes... you continue bringing this up every time a new obsessed hater makes something else up in order to hopefully destroy the company.

Everything about your post is wrong and based on twisted misinformation.  Zero reason to explain any of it to you at this point as you clearly don't believe a word I say anyway.

This is a AMICO FUN DISCUSSIONS thread so aside from being off-topic, if you believe I'm lying to everyone... probably not a good place for you to continue supporting and being a part of.

I  got the information info from the funding site . I guess it’s wrong . Anyway I agree I’m off topic but not sure if I’m wrong . All good , I’ll keep my comments off this thread . 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Oldfool said:

As an interested party with preorders, can you explain why the review units matter? Is it to get insight into the new shipping date, which has not been declared yet? If they don’t have a date yet, why would the review units be in stone? I am just not following, other than trying to deduct information which they really don’t have yet. 

Review units are the best way of giving an impartial analysis of the Amico... short of being able to try it ourselves, of course.  Despite the Amico being delayed past its October 10 date, there is still high hope that some units will be released in 2021.  This indicates that the Amico team considers it plausible that units could be shipped in the next 127 days.  If so, that places them in a range where review units should be available.

To focus on videos and ignore review hardware, I simply find odd.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 1stplayertokens said:

Don’t follow JT real close, but are you sure you got the time line correct?  I got that he posted negative opinions, got invited to IE and played and learned more about they system, changed his tune to a positive review and was apparently impressed enough to invest, which I believe he announced soon afterwards. Maybe some one who knows more about this than me cares to comment, as I am well aware I could be wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

I was hoping you would actually post the threats themselves, or links to them, rather than asking me to take your word for it. 

I didn't ask you to take my word for it.  I gave you the names of the people.  Both of which have made videos on the subject matter.

If you are that interested, I would recommend going to their YouTube channels and checking out those specific videos.

• Like 6

Just now, Cranker said:

Anyway I agree I’m off topic but not sure if I’m wrong . All good , I’ll keep my comments off this thread . 

For the record, I can confirm that you are indeed wrong.

:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Starpaddler said:

Don’t follow JT real close, but are you sure you got the time line correct?  I got that he posted negative opinions, got invited to IE and played and learned more about they system, changed his tune to a positive review and was apparently impressed enough to invest, which I believe he announced soon afterwards. Maybe some one who knows more about this than me cares to comment, as I am well aware I could be wrong. 

Yep.  You got it.

I think it was a day or two after he visited us that he made the video saying he was so impressed that he invested.

• Like 4

Just now, Tommy Tallarico said:

I didn't ask you to take my word for it.  I gave you the names of the people.  Both of which have made videos on the subject matter.

If you are that interested, I would recommend going to their YouTube channels and checking out those specific videos.

I will do that, thanks.

I did have two other quesitons, though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tommy Tallarico said:

For the record, I can confirm that you are indeed wrong.

:)

Ok I’ll take your word for it and move on to

more pleasant topics that are appropriate to this thread if I drop by.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yep.  You got it.

I think it was a day or two after he visited us that he made the video saying he was so impressed that he invested.

if that is the case then i apologize, i remember seeing what i said as being the case. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1