Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

33 minutes ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

I never called nor meant to imply you are a liar.

I wasn't referring to you and apologize if it came across that way.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

tj-intellivision-amico-physical-game-boxes.thumb.png.49ee0969ed19eb4f0075db0a5ab105da.png

Hahahahha!!!

SO EPIC!!!!!!

For the record (so no one is disappointed when they finally get them in their hands)... the boxes are about half the size as depicted in the pic.

:)

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

tj-intellivision-amico-physical-game-boxes.thumb.png.49ee0969ed19eb4f0075db0a5ab105da.png

I just want everyone to know that I have been kicking the Shill'Aliens butts playing Moon patrol.  They know jack about the Moon... 

But... for some reason they been kicking Rainbows butt playing Evel Knievel.  I am not 100% sure but think good ol'e rainbow was partaking a tad before be played though.  tj

Edited by AtariSociety
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Agillig said:

unless YouTubers are willing to ask hard questions, their opinions are meaningless. 

Yet when those folks do play it, hear more about it and declare that they like it... they are made fun of, bullied, doxxed, letters written to their employers, families attacked or harassed to the point of them privating their channels, hiding all Amico content and not wanting to talk about it anymore.

No thanks.

We'll stick to showing people playing it and loving it.  We'll stick to showing it to actual potential customers who it was intended for.  We'll stick to sending it to reviewers who make content for the audience we are trying to attract.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

I also don't see the point in deliberately omitting reviewers which specialize in video games.  You might say you aren't targeting them, but there's no harm (and a lot to be gained) by having the console vetted by people who know what they're talking about

Think there were at least one pair that were invited but refused, but thats okay cause they apparently know all they need to for their review/impression videos - cause yea, that makes total sense. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yet when those folks do play it, hear more about it and declare that they like it... they are made fun of, bullied, doxxed, letters written to their employers, families attacked or harassed to the point of them privating their channels, hiding all Amico content and not wanting to talk about it anymore.

No thanks.

We'll stick to showing people playing it and loving it.  We'll stick to showing it to actual potential customers who it was intended for.  We'll stick to sending it to reviewers who make content for the audience we are trying to attract.

If playing and liking the Amico is clearly such a danger to people's health and personal safety, why release the console?  Are you trying to put middle aged moms in danger?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, MantaNZ said:

As an atheist do I need to worry about hidden (or not so hidden) messages in Amico games? :P

As an atheist you have more to worry about then just Amico my friend  😂

JK - I’m not overly religious either.  

I don’t think what Tommy is saying is that the games will be religious based (noting I saw in any case), but will more have religious sensibilities, meaning the games should not be offensive to those within the religious base. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

I'd like to put in my request for a hardcover, archival paper, coffee table book of ALL of the images you have posted in this thread. I would also like it to be signed. 😁

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

No thanks.

What happens if someone doxes THOSE reviewers then?  Are you going to send them to game reviewers, or Good Housekeeping? 

3 hours ago, MantaNZ said:

As an atheist do I need to worry about hidden (or not so hidden) messages in Amico games? :P

Not religious myself, but as an atheist, why would that worry you?  Seems like you'd view those messages with the same "this is all made up" mentality as everything else found in a video game. 😄

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I have gone into great detail about all of this stuff and continue to just be called a liar. 

Liar!

Sorry... Kneejerk reaction.   Think I read the room wrong....

Carry on...

• Haha 4

Tommy, I’m the first to admit I’m far too invested in Cornhole, as my various posts attest. Was sooo pumped for the game, then was deflated by the updated footage. However, I love being surprised. Please make sure that game is awesome. If it is I’ll buy an Amico to play it no worries. 

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Not religious myself, but as an atheist, why would that worry you?  Seems like you'd view those messages with the same "this is all made up" mentality as everything else found in a video game. 😄

Same reason I don't watch Kirk Cameron movies 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Tommy, I’m the first to admit I’m far too invested in Cornhole, as my various posts attest. Was sooo pumped for the game, then was deflated by the updated footage. However, I love being surprised. Please make sure that game is awesome. If it is I’ll buy an Amico to play it no worries. 

Pat? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 1stplayertokens said:

if that is the case then i apologize, i remember seeing what i said as being the case. 

To these perpetually negative sky-is-falling people a couple is many or many is a couple if need be, if that supports their agenda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Well, this clinches it. Been indecisive about red, black or woodgrain, but I gotta go with that woodgrain and gold.

• Like 6

i can see Nolan Bushnell skimming through this thread thinking to himself "thank God there was no internet in 1976!" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Tommy, I think you should take the advice from the marketing expert that is gracing us with his presence over the last pages. After checking his Youtube channel, it looks like his podcast episodes have shifted from 100 views to a whooping 25 views in 2 years. If he can achieve that, there's nothing in the world that he can't do, including leading the marketing of a console he hates... Don't let this talent go, man!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Questions were raised about the completeness of the hardware as well as certain games.  Tommy's response was that he needs to withhold that information so that websites and youtubers can get the "scoop".  My question came from a spot of asking why paying customers should be more in the dark about the status of the project compared to websites and youtubers.

Not speaking for IE but don't think SW or firmware are ever really complete until there is a pens down, complete final optimization and get it out the door by x date order; and most times not even then (especially when it comes to Sony & MS). They've got HW that I believe  is 100% designed, except for maybe a few more electrical components they may be looking to swap out due to part availability.

As they’re paying their engineers and developers anyway, why wouldn’t they keep tweaking and bettering the first round of games and also the firmware and UI (the latter 2 of which will likely be worked on and updated for years after launch), until they can secure the final parts they require to buid and release the system?  

Sure they could wrap the games and start earnestly on the second wave but don't think having 60 games at launch aligns well with their slow and curated release of games, that is both good for the consumers and developers. Additionally, the second wave may include more developers and licenses that would then require additional money, so think its smart to wait until they start collecting profits from their work to date before heading down paths that lock them into further pre-revenue investments.  

Why does everything need to be a conspiracy? Sometimes things are just as they are advertised.  Don't think anyone doubts that securing components is currently difficult, nor that IE can afford to loose money on a large number of released consoles.  Also don’t think anyone really believes at this point that Amico is fake or has a fatal design flaw; but maybe I’m wrong, people seem to believe a lot of crazier things these days. 

Speaking of crazy, call me crazy, call me a shill, call me whatever but at the end of the day there has been a lot of innovation, pioneering and development work, both HW and SW that has been shown to hundreds of people, and I have not yet heard of even one account where someone has called attention to either their general dislike or any serious issues they've encountered while playing it, myself included; and in fact I’m aware of 2 people who were originally openly cold to the system that were swayed after playing it; that being SmashJT (who actually invested in Amico after playing it) and Saggy’s BF.

As for youtubers vs paying customers, I’m sure IE will be contacting those who’ve preordered once a release date has been determined and also that their plans for revealing more info on the system, controllers, UI, physical products, etc. will be done on larger youtube channels in order to generate as much awareness as possible at the time it will do them the most good (they’ve already said as much), so think I’m still missing the point on your concern, unless you disagree with my above, in which case I’d like to know which parts?  

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 9

59 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Tommy, I think you should take the advice from the marketing expert that is gracing us with his presence over the last pages. After checking his Youtube channel, it looks like his podcast episodes have shifted from 100 views to a whooping 25 views in 2 years. If he can achieve that, there's nothing in the world that he can't do, including leading the marketing of a console he hates... Don't let this talent go, man!

Popcorn GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I gotta admit that update video worried me me a little too. Giving up on the motion controls... seemed a bit like a band-aid job rather than a proper fix. I hope this gets sorted. I'm still looking forward to trying out the controller though, motion or not.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MantaNZ said:

I gotta admit that update video worried me me a little too. Giving up on the motion controls... seemed a bit like a band-aid job rather than a proper fix. I hope this gets sorted. I'm still looking forward to trying out the controller though, motion or not.

The designers and developers are also game players themselves.  As they are the most knowledgeable on the system’s capabilities and limitations, I’m sure they are designing the game controls to be the best combination of physical simulation and fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1