Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

The post of mine you quoted indicates I understand this.  

I know you do.  But thank you for confirming that you are just a hater.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have fun.  I am going to work on a new game. 

I might even work on it until I feel it is 100% complete.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

Thank you for posting that it was an awesome read.  A fun diversion for my birthday too.


Happy Birthday!!!!   Hope your day is going great!!

🎂

Here's a birthday present for you...

I know that you and your dad really loved Horse Racing on the original Intellivision and I so wish he could be with you to play Amico.

In honor of your dad, lets name one of the jockeys or horses or racetracks after him!

Thank you for your support.  It really means a lot.



 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr_me said:

My understanding is that they had manufacturing scheduled.  Assuming they have parts supply, that manufacturer has production capacity to produce thousands of Amicos per day.  They can fill a shipping container within a few days.  My understanding is that in normal times shipping might take one month.  If the founders editions got delayed by shipping they would have arrived eventually.  Whether they were prepared to ship the first version of Cornhole might not be known, but delaying production for the updated version wouldn't prevent Amicos from shipping before the holidays by itself.


And as we've mentioned many times in the past... if we assemble them here in the U.S., it would save us approximately 2 months as opposed to being on a boat (and going through U.S. customs) coming from China.

Which... is still a possibility for 2021.

 

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
The recent Italian GamePro magazine feature on Amico was so well received that they decided to do an English version as well.

Here it is in English for those interested.

Great coverage!
 
Note:  This interview was done last month and we still hadn't known whether 10/10 was doable or not.


 
1743126873_SpecialeintellivisionGP31ENG1.thumb.jpg.bdc5acadd53fef206d29b9d234606874.jpg
 
471177872_SpecialeintellivisionGP31ENG2.thumb.jpg.3e0421c9f65c62bc9891edaba3c1db0d.jpg
 
2006475624_SpecialeintellivisionGP31ENG3.thumb.jpg.7ff1373c9441253e3389d3a5e2b50331.jpg

I’m know this is a Amico fun thread but seriously, there is no way you thought  that the Amico was launching on 10/10 last month . I get that you can announce the delay whenever you want to,  but seriously ?I am trying to be positive but there is NO way IE thought the Amico might be launching on 10/10 last month . Let’s be real here. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

If it's shippable, it's 100% done.  The next revision might not be, but one always has the option to not release the next revision if the current one is shippable.

 

As I said before, it's understood that OS and applications are under constant revision.  No one should be confused by this.  

It's not that simple.  Once you commit to a different or expanded operating system, game programming now depends on this new version.  There's no going back, at least not easily.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

It's not that simple.  Once you commit to a different or expanded operating system, game programming now depends on this new version.  There's no going back, at least not easily.

I realize that.  It doesn't change anything I said.  That's where project management comes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's up with you Tommy; how have you been?

 

I have a question for you, but it may have been answered already. With these new games and updated classics coming to the Amico, are you writing and/or producing music for any of them? If so, I was curious about this and wondered if you could share which titles you're working on. Thanks

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

So what's up with you Tommy; how have you been?

 

I have a question for you, but it may have been answered already. With these new games and updated classics coming to the Amico, are you writing and/or producing music for any of them? If so, I was curious about this and wondered if you could share which titles you're working on. Thanks


I'm doing GREAT!   Thanks for asking.

Hope you're doing great as well!

 

❤️

 

Yeah... for sure!  A lot of my weekend time over the past 2 years has been doing a ton of sound design and a little music writing.

The games I've done the most audio work on are:  Shark! Shark!, Astrosmash, Finnigan Fox, Dolphin Quest, Evel Knievel, Night Stalker, Cloudy Mountain, Sesame Street, Missile Command, Moon Patrol, Biplanes, PONG, Battle Tanks, Earthworm Jim 4, Colossal Crash, Dynablaster, SNAFOO, Skiing, Cornhole, Farkle, and of course... the 6th Pack-In game that we haven't announced yet.  :)

There are also about 4 more that I can't mention just yet.   ;)


I've also done a little bit of work on Rigid Force Redux Enhanced.

 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Happy Birthday!!!!   Hope your day is going great!!

🎂

Here's a birthday present for you...

I know that you and your dad really loved Horse Racing on the original Intellivision and I so wish he could be with you to play Amico.

In honor of your dad, lets name one of the jockeys or horses or racetracks after him!

Thank you for your support.  It really means a lot.



 

That would be amazing thank you Tommy his name was Garry. What an amazing gesture much appreciated.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I'm doing GREAT!   Thanks for asking.

Hope you're doing great as well!

 

❤️

 

Yeah... for sure!  A lot of my weekend time over the past 2 years has been doing a ton of sound design and a little music writing.

The games I've done the most audio work on are:  Shark! Shark!, Astrosmash, Finnigan Fox, Dolphin Quest, Evel Knievel, Night Stalker, Cloudy Mountain, Sesame Street, Missile Command, Moon Patrol, Biplanes, PONG, Battle Tanks, Earthworm Jim 4, Colossal Crash, Dynablaster, SNAFOO, Skiing, Cornhole, Farkle, and of course... the 6th Pack-In game that we haven't announced yet.  :)

There are also about 4 more that I can't mention just yet.   ;)


I've also done a little bit of work on Rigid Force Redux Enhanced.

 

 

Is there any chance that updated versions of the music from Snafu will be used in the new version? I’m just wondering. Thank you very much.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

That would be amazing thank you Tommy his name was Garry. What an amazing gesture much appreciated.


No worries! 

I'll make sure to reach out when we're in development to get more details if needed.

 

❤️

Enjoy your special day!!!!!!!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey Bouchard said:

Is there any chance that updated versions of the music from Snafu will be used in the new version? I’m just wondering. Thank you very much.


OH HELL YES!!!

In fact... EVERY song is somehow based around the original 2 songs from SNAFU!

We definitely want to do an album as well!

 

Same with Moon Patrol, Astrosmash & Night Stalker.  Gotta get soundtracks out for those!

 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


OH HELL YES!!!

In fact... EVERY song is somehow based around the original 2 songs from SNAFU!

We definitely want to do an album as well!

 

Same with Moon Patrol, Astrosmash & Night Stalker.  Gotta get soundtracks out for those!

 

 

That would be great.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


OH HELL YES!!!

In fact... EVERY song is somehow based around the original 2 songs from SNAFU!

We definitely want to do an album as well!

 

Same with Moon Patrol, Astrosmash & Night Stalker.  Gotta get soundtracks out for those!

 

 

This is so cool!! Cannot wait to hear it!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I'm doing GREAT!   Thanks for asking.

Hope you're doing great as well!

 

❤️

 

Yeah... for sure!  A lot of my weekend time over the past 2 years has been doing a ton of sound design and a little music writing.

The games I've done the most audio work on are:  Shark! Shark!, Astrosmash, Finnigan Fox, Dolphin Quest, Evel Knievel, Night Stalker, Cloudy Mountain, Sesame Street, Missile Command, Moon Patrol, Biplanes, PONG, Battle Tanks, Earthworm Jim 4, Colossal Crash, Dynablaster, SNAFOO, Skiing, Cornhole, Farkle, and of course... the 6th Pack-In game that we haven't announced yet.  :)

There are also about 4 more that I can't mention just yet.   ;)


I've also done a little bit of work on Rigid Force Redux Enhanced.

 

 

I was curious and again, you may have said something before, but if you did I'm pretty sure it's lost somewhere 300 pages ago.

 

I figured you you were involved in the audio/sound given your history, but I didn't know- thought I'd ask. Thanks 🙂

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet sometimes Tommy wishes he’d never mentioned the complete percentages of the OS/Games/Amico, as people are so obsessed with them! 😂

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

I bet sometimes Tommy wishes he’d never mentioned the complete percentages of the OS/Games/Amico, as people are so obsessed with them! 😂

Right? Also I think he shared those numbers a while ago. I'm pretty sure that they've changed by now and are no longer relevant.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Right? Also I think he shared those numbers a while ago. I'm pretty sure that they've changed by now and are no longer relevant.

 

 

 

 

Actually, Fundable is the recent effort by Intellivision and it is being actively updated (recently they removed some claims about partnerships), so we can be pretty sure about percentages claimed there (like 80 % for backend, 90 % os,  95 % for pack-in games).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are partnerships with Crayola and Amazon Prime still in the works? I heard from elsewhere in the forums that they got taken off of that fundraising page.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Battlefish said:

Are partnerships with Crayola

I have seen that Crayola distanced itself from Intellivision, however, I could not verify that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

I have seen that Crayola distanced itself from Intellivision, however, I could not verify that.

What have you seen regarding Crayola?  We know Crayola was harassed when they had the Amico event a couple of months ago.  There are reasons the listing could be changed with a deal still in the works.

 

32 minutes ago, Battlefish said:

Are partnerships with Crayola and Amazon Prime still in the works? I heard from elsewhere in the forums that they got taken off of that fundraising page.

Not sure what kind of deal they might have with Amazon Prime.  They could be using Amazon cloud services for some of their backend stuff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What have you seen regarding Crayola? 

81b34jf18qk71.jpg

 

As said, I cannot verify it. Not sure how credible this is. However, Crayola was removed from Fundable and we haven't heard anything from them about the partnership.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...