Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

 

I don't think so that people are divided only in two groups: fans and haters of Amico. Many are somewhere inbetween (me included - there are some really interesting things in Amico). And even among critics, I think that with some exceptions (like whose name cannot be mentioned), people don't want to spread misinformation, conspiracies or to destroy Amico. They see inconsistencies in statements and are asking questions. Very often you could yourself take over a narrative with a simple move: like do people doubt that the original Cornhole worked with the Amico controller? So show it working. End of discussion. 

And even pro- and "anti"-amico Youtoubers can have some interesting and respectful discussions on YouToube, as you probably noted recently. People are not black and white. 

I want to second this.  It's really not a wise move to paint your supporters as "fans" and your detractors as "haters".  No one likes being labeled by someone else, particularly if that someone else is trying to sell them something.  My advice would be to run the best project you can and let people say what they will-- because they're going to anyway.  
 

The Amico has been public long enough (and been available for pre-order long enough) that potential consumer questions are valid and expected.  You might not like them, but that's not really relevant-- you are the one selling the product, not the one buying it.  You're entitled to not answer questions if you wish, but to clutch your pearls that someone is daring to ask them is unreasonable.

 

Almost all the questions I've seen asked center around how complete the project is, and therefore how reasonable the delays are.  That sounds extremely fair to me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

I want to second this.  It's really not a wise move to paint your supporters as "fans" and your detractors as "haters".  No one likes being labeled by someone else, particularly if that someone else is trying to sell them something.  My advice would be to run the best project you can and let people say what they will-- because they're going to anyway.  
 

The Amico has been public long enough (and been available for pre-order long enough) that potential consumer questions are valid and expected.  You might not like them, but that's not really relevant-- you are the one selling the product, not the one buying it.  You're entitled to not answer questions if you wish, but to clutch your pearls that someone is daring to ask them is unreasonable.

 

Almost all the questions I've seen asked center around how complete the project is, and therefore how reasonable the delays are.  That sounds extremely fair to me.

No one cares what you think. We’ve seen your sarcasm and admitted attempts to just annoy Tommy and fans of the Amico. You enjoy it, right?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lusorius said:

I care :). So at least one person cares ;).

We’ll keep that in mind. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

... we had to pay and rent space at Crayola and <redacted> the people in our Crayola video were either paid or fake. 
 


 

 

I'll go ahead and quote you out of context to give 'em false hope and/or watch 'em run with that "reliable info" and make an ass of themselves.

 

 

 

Bugs.jpg.f09894949dafee2319e58b6e64e104f6.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, godslabrat said:

It's really not a wise move to paint your supporters as "fans" and your detractors as "haters".  No one likes being labeled by someone else, particularly if that someone else is trying to sell them something.  

 

This is a perfect example of misinformation. 

 

As everyone sensible here knows, I don't call detractors of Amico "haters".  That is just more made up crap that has been told to you over and over so now you just believe it.

I call a specific group of about 10 obsessed stalker trolls "haters".  Folks who got their feelings hurt because they broke Atari Age rules and were warned and booted by the mods here (yet try to blame me for it).  The same group that hourly and daily harass me, my wife, my family, our employees, our developers, our investors and ANYONE who likes Amico or has spoken positively about it.  Fake actors who "concern troll" in the other Amico threads on a daily basis.  Who wake up every day thinking about me and Amico.

 

Now that you're informed, I'm wondering if you are willing to take back your comment?  You say you come here to get questions answered... now that you have an answer maybe you'll see how you're being manipulated.

 

 

Quote

My advice would be to run the best project you can and let people say what they will-- because they're going to anyway.  

 


That's exactly what we've been doing. 

Yet folks like yourself want to always demand answers.

Kinda ironic.


 

Quote

The Amico has been public long enough (and been available for pre-order long enough) that potential consumer questions are valid and expected.  


Yep.  That's why I'm here... as well as reddit, Facebook & Twitter. 

 

Question for you... have you seen any other video game hardware CEO's answer as many questions as I have over the past 3 years?

A simple YES or NO answer will suffice.

 

 

Quote

You might not like them, but that's not really relevant-- you are the one selling the product, not the one buying it.  

 

And you may have noticed that this thread alone has over 1.3M views and nearly 33,000 posts.  So I believe my "answering valid questions" has been proven more than enough times at this point.

 

 

Quote

You're entitled to not answer questions if you wish, but to clutch your pearls that someone is daring to ask them is unreasonable.

 

Once again with your false narratives.  Show me exactly where I "clutched my pearls"? 

I've been down this road enough times to know when I'm being asked something so that a certain group of awful human beings can misconstrue and twist what I say in order to come up with the next ridiculous conspiracy theory and lie.

The only one I see clutching pearls are the folks getting upset because I'm not giving any attention to ridiculous conspiracy theories and lies.

 

 

Quote

Almost all the questions I've seen asked center around how complete the project is, and therefore how reasonable the delays are.  That sounds extremely fair to me.


Yep!  Yet when I give the answers I'm called a "liar". 



You mentioned that you are a "potential customer" just wanting reasonable questions answered. 

 

Cool.  Thank you for the interest and support.

So here's a few questions back to you...

What do you like most about Amico and what makes you interested in potentially picking one up? 

What are your favorite games that we've shown so far that you are interested in?


Thanks!

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

show me exactly where I "clutched my pearls"? 

 

 

I always thought that phrase was used to describe that thing rappers do where they keep grabbing their crotch while spittin' them wicked rhymes

 

... Learn something new everyday.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

This is a perfect example of misinformation. 

 

As everyone sensible here knows, I don't call detractors of Amico "haters".  That is just more made up crap that has been told to you over and over so now you just believe it.

I call a specific group of about 10 obsessed stalker trolls "haters".  Folks who got their feelings hurt because they broke Atari Age rules and were warned and booted by the mods here (yet try to blame me for it).  The same group that hourly and daily harass me, my wife, my family, our employees, our developers, our investors and ANYONE who likes Amico or has spoken positively about it.  Fake actors who "concern troll" in the other Amico threads on a daily basis.  Who wake up every day thinking about me and Amico.

 

Now that you're informed, I'm wondering if you are willing to take back your comment?  You say you come here to get questions answered... now that you have an answer maybe you'll see how you're being manipulated.

 

 

You literally just told me you called a group of people "haters".  It doesn't matter to me if that's a small subset or a large one, it's not a good move and it's not a good look.  

 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

That's exactly what we've been doing. 

Yet folks like yourself want to always demand answers.

Kinda ironic.

 

 

Not really.  "Ironic" means defying an expected outcome.  Consumers asking questions about the development about a new product is an expected outcome... particularly when the product is delayed and the questions are attempts to clarify the delay.

 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

And you may have noticed that this thread alone has over 1.3M views and nearly 33,000 posts.  So I believe my "answering valid questions" has been proven more than enough times at this point.

 

 

I don't believe that quantitiy of posts is an indication of a sound answer.

 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question for you... have you seen any other video game hardware CEO's answer as many questions as I have over the past 3 years?

A simple YES or NO answer will suffice.

Yes.  

 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Once again with your false narratives.  Show me exactly where I "clutched my pearls"? 
 

 

The post to which I am responding would be a good example.

 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

So here's a few questions back to you...

What do you like most about Amico and what makes you interested in potentially picking one up? 

What are your favorite games that we've shown so far that you are interested in?

 

I have said elsewhere that I believe a retrobox with an assortment of unique retro titles would have some appeal.  I will say that what has happened to the Amico has taken it considerably away from what I considered to be an appealing concept-- but I still keep an eye on it as it's part of my hobby and I like to keep an open mind.

 

And, to answer your question, the games really don't appeal to me for a variety of reasons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, on the good side it doesn't seem to take me as long to read through an entire page on this forum lately.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2021 at 2:31 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:



Looks super interesting. 

We are focusing 100% of our resources to the launch at this point so don't have the capacity to take on anything new at this time... but would love to talk more at the end of the year.

Please continue to keep us in mind.

 

Thanks

 

 

I will do. Continuing to develop it anyway :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

You literally just told me you called a group of people "haters". 

 

You literally just said that I call all people who are detractors "haters".

 

:)

 

 

Quote

have you seen any other video game hardware CEO's answer as many questions as I have over the past 3 years?

 

Yes.  

 

Can you give me the name and company of the video game hardware CEO?  Now I'm curious!

 

 

 

Quote

I have said elsewhere that I believe a retrobox with an assortment of unique retro titles would have some appeal.  


To be fair, that really isn't what we are.  We're not really a "retrobox". 

 

Although Retro Reimagined titles make up about 20% of our overall experience, think of us more like a family friendly game console that focuses on simple to play games with family & friends.

 

 

Quote

And, to answer your question, the games really don't appeal to me for a variety of reasons.  


I'm curious to understand and know your reasons why they don't appeal to you.  Could you go into a little more detail?

Could you also let me know what type of games DO appeal to you??  Can you list off 5 or 6 current games that you're currently playing?


Thanks!
 

 



 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Well, on the good side it doesn't seem to take me as long to read through an entire page on this forum lately.  

That's because I haven't been posting much on here.  Lol.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo @godslabrat

I just got sent a few links on PM just now that show how nasty and obsessed these folks are.

You want to ask me again why I don't answer every single conspiracy theory question?  Or how every little thing I say or write is taken out of context and turned into some conspiracy theory?

Do folks still think I just make up stuff about pro-Amico people being harassed?

 

Bottom line:  These people are legit nuts. Hating on people because others like a video game console that they don't, have never played and admit is not for them.

Do you condone this type of behavior?

Making threads within minutes of people posting in here and once again (as always) attacking anyone who remotely has an interest in Amico.

How embarrassing. 

Of course the good news is that any normal person reading this crap can easily tell how off the charts obsessed and insane these people are.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But they are just "concerned potential customers" correct?


OK... enough of the drama.  I've proven my point. 


Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

:D:D:D:D:D
:):):):):)

 




 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

You literally just said that I call all people who are detractors "haters".

 

My point doesn't change if you're calling some detractors or all detractors "haters"... it's just not behavior you should be engaging in.  It doesn't send the message that you believe the project can stand on its own merits... it sends the message that you place a great deal of importance on the opinions of those people.  

 

Not what I would suggest the head of a global console project should be doing.

 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Can you give me the name and company of the video game hardware CEO?  Now I'm curious!

 

You were quite adamant that a YES or NO answer would suffice.  Was I wrong to take you at your word?

 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

To be fair, that really isn't what we are.  We're not really a "retrobox". 

 

That's more than fair, but it's also the answer to your question: as more information about the Amico has come to light, the less I find appealing about it.  That's not an attack on the project, that's me looking at what I'd want and not seeing that.

 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I'm curious to understand and know your reasons why they don't appeal to you.  Could you go into a little more detail?

 

That's a fair question.  With very few exceptions, all the games I have seen have borne an uncomfortable resemblance to games I've already tried and rejected.  I've played match 3's and physics games and already grown quite bored with them.  The few games that seemed to offer something beyond that seem extremely lackluster (Finnegan Fox, Bomb Squad).  

 

What I'm needing is to see a game that's worth a $250 entry fee.  That's the same question I ask myself every time I buy a console.  Name a console I own, I'll tell you which title was worth $250.

 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Could you also let me know what type of games DO appeal to you??  Can you list off 5 or 6 current games that you're currently playing?

 

Here's what I've played in the past 48 hours:

 

Untitled Goose Game

Super Picross

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Quake

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

It doesn't send the message that you believe the project can stand on its own merits... it sends the message that you place a great deal of importance on the opinions of those people.  

 

Actually, I was merely responding to your opinion because you seemed to have gotten a little upset that I didn't answer every one of your conspiracy theory related questions.

 

 

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

 

Not what I would suggest the head of a global console project should be doing.

 

@cmart604 was waiting for this.

:)

 

 

 

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

You were quite adamant that a YES or NO answer would suffice.  Was I wrong to take you at your word?

 

I merely asked for a simple YES or NO to begin with.  I never said I wouldn't ask a follow up question.

:)


You weren't being dishonest with your answer were you?

 

 

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

That's more than fair, but it's also the answer to your question: as more information about the Amico has come to light, the less I find appealing about it.  That's not an attack on the project, that's me looking at what I'd want and not seeing that.


That's fine. 

Yet you come to a forum and thread that celebrates something that doesn't currently appeal to you?

I mean it's flattering that you find Amico so interesting.  We got that going for us.  So thank you for the support.

 

 

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

I've played match 3's and physics games and already grown quite bored with them.  

We literally have no match 3 games on Amico.

:)

 

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

The few games that seemed to offer something beyond that seem extremely lackluster (Finnegan Fox, Bomb Squad).  

Would you agree that it's probably best that you try something out before dismissing it?  Or at least seeing a more in depth review or play though?

What is it about the 15 seconds we showed of Bomb Squad that you find so lackluster?

Here's the teaser so you won't need to go looking for it.
 

 

 

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

Here's what I've played in the past 48 hours:

 

Untitled Goose Game

Super Picross

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Quake

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

 


Cool. 

With the exception of Untitled Goose Game (such a GREAT ONE!), the others on your list aren't the type of games that will be on Amico.  So if those are the types of games you are hoping to find on Amico, it may not be your cup of tea. 

And that's fine.

 

 

Thanks for the info and discussion.

It's probably time for us to both move on at this point.

Hope you have a good upcoming weekend and holiday.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Actually, I was merely responding to your opinion because you seemed to have gotten a little upset that I didn't answer every one of your conspiracy theory related questions.

 

 

You're mistaken.  Not only wasn't I upset, I never mentioned conspiracy theories.

 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I merely asked for a simple YES or NO to begin with.  I never said I wouldn't ask a follow up question.

:)


You weren't being dishonest with your answer were you?

 

Saying a yes or no answer "would suffice" does actually mean you don't think a follow-up is necessary, since the yes or no answer would speak for itself.  I was being honest with my answer, I suspect you were not being honest in how you approached the question.

 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yet you come to a forum and thread that celebrates something that doesn't currently appeal to you?

Amico is big news lately.  I like to keep up on current events.

 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Would you agree that it's probably best that you try something out before dismissing it?  Or at least seeing a more in depth review or play though?

 

I was the one who brought up review units.  If you want people to try something, put it in their hands.  Otherwise, faulting them for not trying it is intellectually dishonest.

 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

What is it about the 15 seconds we showed of Bomb Squad that you find so lackluster?

 

This is a game I would pay $2 to play.  I'm not crazy about the additonal $248.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

 

 

Saying a yes or no answer "would suffice" does actually mean you don't think a follow-up is necessary, since the yes or no answer would speak for itself.  I was being honest with my answer, I suspect you were not being honest in how you approached the question.

 

Maybe he was testing your graciousness. BTW, you failed.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

 

You're mistaken.  Not only wasn't I upset, I never mentioned conspiracy theories.

 

 

Saying a yes or no answer "would suffice" does actually mean you don't think a follow-up is necessary, since the yes or no answer would speak for itself.  I was being honest with my answer, I suspect you were not being honest in how you approached the question.

 

Amico is big news lately.  I like to keep up on current events.

 

 

I was the one who brought up review units.  If you want people to try something, put it in their hands.  Otherwise, faulting them for not trying it is intellectually dishonest.

 

 

This is a game I would pay $2 to play.  I'm not crazy about the additonal $248.

You argue good. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MinerWilly said:

This topic used to be Q&A. What was the point changing it instead of making a new thread called "Fun Amico Conversation"?

The moderator was hoping/attempting to keep threads more on specific topics

Questions and answers would simply move to the more specific topic. No mention was made of eliminating either questions or answers.

In turn this was also intended to keep the "Fun Amico Conversation" as a specific topic.

 

#6

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

You argue good. 

I'm pretty sure this is a last desperate attempt to kill the Amico by simply annoying all the fans to death. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swami said:

Maybe he was testing your graciousness. BTW, you failed.

Maybe he wants to reveal that information infront of a big YouTube channel and not on this small thread ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Maybe he wants to reveal that information infront of a big YouTube channel and not on this small thread ;)

If you didn't correctly interpret my last comment to you, you're now irrelevant to me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Swami said:

If you didn't correctly interpret my last comment to you, you're now irrelevant to me.

You take things quite seriously for a fun thread, don't you? ;) It was a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve come to the conclusion that some people will argue just for the sake of it, even if the answers are in front of them! 😳

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...