Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that some people will argue just for the sake of it, even if the answers are in front of them! 😳

No they don't!    🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that some people will argue just for the sake of it, even if the answers are in front of them! 😳

This can be sometimes the case, however, I find it rather difficult to find some answers: like what 80 % of finished backend means? Or what about these disappearing partnerships? If you know where answers are, it would be great if you could point us to them.

11 hours ago, Lusorius said:

somewhere (like what 80 % of finished back-end means,

I can help you with this one, imagine that the ”back-end” stuff was five empty cans, and you fill up four of them, and the fifth is empty. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, theswede said:

I can help you with this one, imagine that the ”back-end” stuff was five empty cans, and you fill up four of them, and the fifth is empty. 

: D That is a good reply. So there are five servers and four of them work? ;) Or if you buy a game on AmicoOnlineStore, you will succeed in 4 out of 5 attempts? :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lusorius said:

Thanks! Good start but frankly, not so many questions are answered there. :) 

What questions would you suggest they add.  It may not fall under the category of "frequent" because not everyone will have the same question.  One person asking the same annoying question over and over doesn't count either! 😄

9 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Saying a yes or no answer "would suffice" does actually mean you don't think a follow-up is necessary, since the yes or no answer would speak for itself.  I was being honest with my answer, I suspect you were not being honest in how you approached the question.

This is a game I would pay $2 to play.  I'm not crazy about the additonal $248.

The fact that you are not willing to answer a simple follow up question is why I'm calling BS on this response.   It's clear that you are not interested in the Amico and that is fine, so why continue to ask questions if you are not interested? 🤨

9 hours ago, MinerWilly said:

This topic used to be Q&A. What was the point changing it instead of making a new thread called "Fun Amico Conversation"?

Because it was an attempt at keeping positive discussion in one place.  Unfortunately it's attracting people who continue to troll the discussion with their hate making it a not so much fun conversation... 🙄

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 8

This topic title was changed to encourage people to ask questions in separate threads, so they can be more easily found and discussions easier to follow.  If the CEO is not responding to a question or comment, it's not necessarily because it wasn't posted in this thread.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Oldfool said:

You argue good. 

I believe you mean well.

Oh jeez,now I'm doing it too! 

• Haha 3

If I am 80% trolling, am I even trolling at all???

Quick observation:  I was at a supper for my father in law last week, and my son had his Switch with him. I overheard my brother in law and sister in law making small talk with him, and talking about video games. Brother in law said they were a lot of fun, but he didn’t want to learn all the buttons to jump into games. I chuckled to myself and made note to tell them about Amico once it is available. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

What questions would you suggest they add.  It may not fall under the category of "frequent" because not everyone will have the same question.  One person asking the same annoying question over and over doesn't count either! 😄

If I may toss in a fun story that fits this exact response... and I hope you enjoy it as I know some of my stories are long... but stay with me...it's worth it.  LOL.

Several years ago (25) when I was a young and bright Licensed Aircraft Engineer/Certifier I was working on a 3rd Party Airline we had a maintenance contract with.  The plane, an aging 747-100 had an issue that I knew was in limits, I double checked and had the paperwork with me.  The aircraft still had a 3 member cockpit crew that included a Flight Engineer.  The FE is responsible for all operations of critical systems and is usually of exact knowledge level of a Ground Engineer (LAE) like me.   

The FE questioned my evaluation of the issue.. so I explained to him in detail why I decided what I decided and that it was within limits.  So said exchange went like this...

Me: "aircraft is good, what you have is within acceptable limits and I will notify xxx prior to your arrival to further inspect.  We don't have the time or equipment to resolve this here.  They do at your main base. where you are going.    

FE:  "well... what do you intend to do about it?"

Me: "Again, you are within limits, we don't have the equipment to conduct a proper repair here.  I will notify main base and have them properly service this issue when you arrive"

FE: "hmm... well.. what do you intend to do about it?"

Me: "uh... like I just said, here is the paperwork per the Maintenance Manual... I will inform your main base that this issue will need to be resolved as priority"

FE: "Ok.. can I ask you something?"

Me: "Yes"

FE: "If you knew about this, why are you not doing anything about it...?"

At this point, the Captain, a tenured 4 striper spun around in his seat and blasted the FE to smithereens, berating him to a level I have never seen a Captain do.

Capt: "How many fucking times does this Engineer have to tell you... there is nothing he can fucking do about this... I'm the goddamn Captain, you see these fucking stripes???  I will fly this piece of shit the way it is.  If you can't come to terms with this, give me the goddamn acceptance log, pack your shit and get the fuck off of my plane!!!"

With that... I felt like a HS Freshman standing over the Sophomore bully my older brother just beat the shit out of... I looked at the FE with the most shit eating grin imaginable.. and said...

"Well... Have a nice flight."

End of story.... the moral... don't be the asshole that keeps asking the same stupid question over and over and expect a different answer.. it just pisses everyone off.

Have a nice flig... err.. day.  LOL.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

41 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

to troll the discussion with their hate

I hope you don't count me among those people. Frankly, I just reacted to the issue about % of completness by referencing to Fundable. So I spread Fundable, not hate :). And I hope that asking questions like "what 80 % of backend means" are not trolling or hate but just a very normal question :). 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

One person asking the same annoying question over and over doesn't count either! 😄

Good point! :D But if you look around this subforum, you will find that there are many questions asked by multiple people that could be answered somewhere ;) and quickly clarified by somebody from Intellivision. Such FAQ does not have to be on the prominent place of the website, it can be here ;). 

10 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

I hope you don't count me among those people. Frankly, I just reacted to the issue about % of completness by referencing to Fundable. So I spread Fundable, not hate :). And I hope that asking questions like "what 80 % of backend means" are not trolling or hate but just a very normal question :). 

Not saying that they are or are not counting you among those people, but I will share this -- it's pretty easy in the Amico section to see JUST the username of who posted most recently, and for the case of many names, you can immediately tell what type of post it's gonna be. 

Some names automatically bring a "just gonna be another overly positive youtube thing" thought.  You see some names and automatically think "it's just gonna be another trolling attempt to shit on Amico and serve no purpose other than ruin the fans' day"   Not exactly science of course, but hang around the same folks long enough (real or virtual) and it's easy to get a feel for the room.

I've personally seen at least 6 people (here at home and at work who follow this tread) see your name and automatically realize it's gonna be in the "trolling attempt to shit on Amico" side of things.

Not saying I personally feel that way about you  --- but ya know, if you're standing on a corner in a police uniform and you're bothered because a lot of people assume you're a cop, might be a good idea to realize that "how you present yourself" matters and just consider changing clothes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yep.  That's why I'm here... as well as reddit, Facebook & Twitter. 

Question for you... have you seen any other video game hardware CEO's answer as many questions as I have over the past 3 years?

12 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Yes.  

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Can you give me the name and company of the video game hardware CEO?  Now I'm curious!

I'd love to know that as well.   Personally, I love seeing how leaders address questions and conduct public forums.  On a professional level, it ties in heavily with my day to day in my career, so it's of interest to me on multiple levels.

Of the big ones I've checked frequently, that's sure not the case.   

• Like 3

because.thumb.jpg.aacf0fcc1c3145dba4254e7ebedfe302.jpg

As far as reasons go, that one's pretty solid!   Simple, straightforward, and not a lot room for misinterpretation.

I like it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I've personally seen at least 6 people (here at home and at work who follow this tread) see your name and automatically realize it's gonna be in the "trolling attempt to shit on Amico" side of things.

You mean just by my username? Why? 😮 You mean like literally because of "Lusorius"? 

Otherwise, I would be happy if somebody could point out where I was trolling. Stating what is written or what has disappeared from Fundable does not seem trolling to me or expression of hate. 😕 I think words like "hate" and "trolling" are a little bit overused here. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I'd love to know that as well.   Personally, I love seeing how leaders address questions and conduct public forums.  On a professional level, it ties in heavily with my day to day in my career, so it's of interest to me on multiple levels.

Of the big ones I've checked frequently, that's sure not the case.   

I am legitimately curious about this as well.

I guess we can only accept his refusal to answer as his intentions being disingenuous.

See what I did there?

:D

• Like 6

This thread is getting ridiculous.  LOL.  (Throws popcorn in mouth).  My 2, 7, and 9 year olds could care less about any of the arguments or issues brought up against Amico so far.

They don't care when it's released.  It will simply be a cool new Christmas or birthday day present at the soonest opportunity.  They don't know better.

They don't care that the OS is only 90%.  They would be perfectly happy with it exactly as shown at the Crayola event.

They DO care that it looks like flash games.  That's because they LOVE games that look like flash games.  Amico hit the target right on the nail for them.  It looks just like the games they already love on their tablets.

It doesn't matter at all what I think about the look and feel of Amico.  Intellivision designed the thing exactly the right way for my kids to beg me to buy it for them.  All it takes is for Intellivision to make a bunch of mobile ads for Amico on the kids' current tablet games and on Ryan's World on YouTube and small children across the country will be begging their parents for an Amico too.  None of the issues going against Amico right now will matter to the kids.

My parents (grandma & grandpa) have already pre-ordered one too just based off of me telling them about it.  Word of mouth works wonders with a system like this.  They are oblivious to internet controversies and could also care less about the delays.  It will come when it comes and they will have fun "tinkering" around with video games with the grandkids.  They just saw the few YouTube videos I showed them over dinner and they immediately were sold that their grandkids would have fun with it.  It looked like the natural next gen evolution of the last consoles they purchased for their own children almost 30 years ago.  It's much easier for them to relate to and want to purchase than a Nintendo Switch or PS5.

Even though I prefer the Nintendo Switch and actual retro Nintendo and Sega consoles for myself, I am happy that Amico creates something in addition for my whole family to enjoy.  Even though $250 seems steep to many, it is perfectly fine to many others and in line with what they expect and have been conditioned to pay for a video game console since the 70's.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

You mean just by my username? Why? 😮 You mean like literally because of "Lusorius"? 

Otherwise, I would be happy if somebody could point out where I was trolling. Stating what is written or what has disappeared from Fundable does not seem trolling to me or expression of hate. 😕 I think words like "hate" and "trolling" are a little bit overused here. 

Kinda like "cult" and "old man cringe community" and "blind followers" and "shills" are used? 

Would you agree?

Do you condemn folks who bully and harass people because they like Amico?  Do you condemn those threads I posted yesterday?

Maybe folks are feeling like your questions are strange at this point because I've answered the "partnership" question multiple times in multiple threads and ones in which you have commented on. 

In regards to percentages, please refer to our official launch statement that we sent out to everyone.

If you missed it, you may not be signed up to our mailing list.  Please make sure to do so at Intellivision.com

In cased you didn't see it, here it is:

E8KWiJQUcAIq2XS.thumb.jpg.181beebc38029d589fa41a1c5d866b9f.jpg

Interested to know all of the things about Amico that interest you.  Maybe you could shift the conversation and tell us all the things you are potentially excited about.

What are your favorite Amico games that you've seen so far?  What are you most looking forward to?

What style of games are you hoping to see for Amico over the next few years.

What are your thoughts about our recent Crayola video?  Would love to get your thoughts.

Thanks!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LinemanDoc said:

This thread is getting ridiculous.  LOL.  (Throws popcorn in mouth).  My 2, 7, and 9 year olds could care less about any of the arguments or issues brought up against Amico so far.

They don't care when it's released.  It will simply be a cool new Christmas or birthday day present at the soonest opportunity.  They don't know better.

They don't care that the OS is only 90%.  They would be perfectly happy with it exactly as shown at the Crayola event.

They DO care that it looks like flash games.  That's because they LOVE games that look like flash games.  Amico hit the target right on the nail for them.  It looks just like the games they already love on their tablets.

It doesn't matter at all what I think about the look and feel of Amico.  Intellivision designed the thing exactly the right way for my kids to beg me to buy it for them.  All it takes is for Intellivision to make a bunch of mobile ads for Amico on the kids' current tablet games and on Ryan's World on YouTube and small children across the country will be begging their parents for an Amico too.  None of the issues going against Amico right now will matter to the kids.

My parents (grandma & grandpa) have already pre-ordered one too just based off of me telling them about it.  Word of mouth works wonders with a system like this.  They are oblivious to internet controversies and could also care less about the delays.  It will come when it comes and they will have fun "tinkering" around with video games with the grandkids.  They just saw the few YouTube videos I showed them over dinner and they immediately were sold that their grandkids would have fun with it.  It looked like the natural next gen evolution of the last consoles they purchased for their own children almost 30 years ago.  It's much easier for them to relate to and want to purchase than a Nintendo Switch or PS5.

Even though I prefer the Nintendo Switch and actual retro Nintendo and Sega consoles for myself, I am happy that Amico creates something in addition for my whole family to enjoy.  Even though $250 seems steep to many, it is perfectly fine to many others and in line with what they expect and have been conditioned to pay for a video game console since the 70's.

Rocky.gif.0c603f158f9abebf12f3b9a8718edb8d.gif

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

In regards to percentages, please refer to our official launch statement that we sent out to everyone.

I am confused. That document does not adress it all :(. Why can't you simply explain what things have to be finished in the backend?

6 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Rocky.gif.0c603f158f9abebf12f3b9a8718edb8d.gif

P.S.  I have never met Tommy Tallarico or anyone at Intellivision and am not a shill.  I am simply a parent and an overworked lineman who works 80-100 hours a week and enjoys reading this thread each morning on the toilet.  But please feel free to accuse me of being a shill just as I accuse many of you of being a troll.  Everyone makes an impression somehow.  I could care less about how the internet views me, because like my kids already know, it doesn't really matter.  I have more important things to worry about like making sure phasing is correct before I hook up 34000 volts together with my bare hands.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Maybe you could shift the conversation and tell us all the things you are potentially excited about.

Well, you are shifting the conversation quite often when it comes to direct questions :(. I am not excited about Amico - to be honest - because I save my excitement for other things than game consoles. But I am interested in the controller because I like experimental input devices. It might work or not and I am eager to see that in action.

I like the idea of simple, yet good games. They don't look bad! The price is currently, however, steep and I still don't see why they could not be simply done for other consoles. Yes, the controller is nice but I haven't really seen so much unique use of it that would justify it. But when it is in retail, I will try the console and maybe buy it, if it is good. Let's hope that the quality will correspond to the hype.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Kinda like "cult" and "old man cringe community" and "blind followers" and "shills" are used? 

I don't have much influence about what other people say but you can influence what you say ;).