Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

I am confused. That document does not adress it all :(. Why can't you simply explain what things have to be finished in the backend?

Or to re-phrase it, if the OS is 90% complete, what items consist of the remaining 10%?  Why were they not ready in July?  Why were they not ready October 10 of last year?

 

If the back-end systems are 80% done, what items consist of the remaining 20%?  Why were they not ready in July?  Why were they not ready October 10 of last year?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Or to re-phrase it, if the OS is 90% complete, what items consist of the remaining 10%?  Why were they not ready in July?  Why were they not ready October 10 of last year?

 

If the back-end systems are 80% done, what items consist of the remaining 20%?  Why were they not ready in July?  Why were they not ready October 10 of last year?

Yes, why not engage in a conversation where trolls can use answers to continue an endless witch hunt by responding to every answer with another question or accusation from another anonymous know-nothing know-it-all. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Swami said:

Yes, why not engage in a conversation where trolls can use answers to continue an endless witch hunt by responding to every answer with another question or accusation from another anonymous know-nothing know-it-all. 

Actually, I would suggest to never release the console because releasing it could provide material for trolls who could use it for their continuous witch hunt... 😮 .

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been following Amico news for a few months now, picked up on it after getting into the Evercade system

 

Got the evercade handheld and pre ordered the Vs and as a result have now gfot a pre order in for the Graphite Black Amico

 

Always have and always will have xbox/ps but something simple and fun about the other systems so think theres room for all

 

Some of the games , evil kenievel , not my cup of tea but really looking forward to Breakout and AStrosmash. Think its something that even the wife will play

 

Just hope it makes it to the UK soon! Had to order direct from Intellivision as UK retailers only offering the white console

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Actually, I would suggest to never release the console because releasing it could provide material for trolls who could use it for their continuous witch hunt... 😮 .

You argue gooder than the other guy. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tommy, Could you please show some new Amico game footage or pictures of some games, I don’t even mind at this point what it is, just so we can talk about something different and fun, other than how far complete things are! Thanks

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, Could you please show some new Amico game footage or pictures of some games, I don’t even mind at this point what it is, just so we can talk about something different and fun, other than how far complete things are! Thanks

Sounds as a good idea :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, godslabrat said:

O per riformularlo, se il sistema operativo è completo al 90%, quali elementi sono costituiti dal restante 10%? Perché non erano pronti a luglio? Perché non erano pronti il 10 ottobre dello scorso anno?

 

Se i sistemi di back-end sono fatti all'80%, quali elementi consistono nel restante 20%? Perché non erano pronti a luglio? Perché non erano pronti il 10 ottobre dello scorso anno?

 

hqdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

you have unleashed... The Kraken... 

 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mgv3wphzklzbuffcs2so tah

This would make a good game. Not sure if any of their stuff would be .... Amico Appropriate. Although it does look like a flash game. so it probably could be on the Amico according to some people.


 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lusorius said:

Actually, I would suggest to never release the console

Of course you would, and thank you for finally coming out directly with it yourself.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starpaddler said:

Of course you would, and thank you for finally coming out directly with it yourself.

Well played!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Or to re-phrase it, if the OS is 90% complete, what items consist of the remaining 10%?  Why were they not ready in July?  Why were they not ready October 10 of last year?

 

If the back-end systems are 80% done, what items consist of the remaining 20%?  Why were they not ready in July?  Why were they not ready October 10 of last year?

Exactly right. It also seems that the games are not ready. I just cancelled one of my 2 FE and will cancel the other one if it’s not released by Christmas. I’m just losing interest at this point unfortunately and there was no bigger fan than me checking Atariage multiple times a day for almost 2 years. Someone can have my FE. Almost no one in this thread wants to hear anything critical. Logic is out the window it seems. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Exactly right. It also seems that the games are not ready. I just cancelled one of my 2 FE and will cancel the other one if it’s not released by Christmas. I’m just losing interest at this point unfortunately and there was no bigger fan than me checking Atariage multiple times a day for almost 2 years. Someone can have my FE. Almost no one in this thread wants to hear anything critical. Logic is out the window it seems. 

I think folks are asking the wrong question.  The correct question is what is 100% complete?

 

Is it simply that it means it works and gets the job done?  Does it mean its done forever and never is to be updated again?  Or does it mean its sufficiently polished to be considered a competent commercially releasable build?  If the last one, what does that really mean when you are incrementally adding features, themes, polishing, sounds, animations, etc.?  
 

I’m guessing IE had it to the point it gets the job done long ago (I could be wrong).  They might have even been to a point that was considered polished enough (or close enough to close on it) for a 10/10/21 release to the third criteria I listed above: but again, what is 100%?

 

And, if you can’t really define 100%, how the heck do you want Tommy to define 80%?  
 

If it were me, I’d say it was 100% by 10/10/20, and they are now at 180%, considering they are likely adding additions and taking advantage of the additional time (but that even at 180% they would still need to do final optimization on what they have today to have made a 10/10/21 release), and leave it at that. 
 

But I know…. I can already hear it, “but Tommy, what does 180% mean?”

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

I think folks are asking the wrong question.  The correct question is what is 100% complete?

 

Is it simply that it means it works and gets the job done?  Does it mean its done forever and never is to be updated again?  Or does it mean its sufficiently polished to be considered a competent commercially releasable build?  If the last one, what does that really mean when you are incrementally adding features, themes, polishing, sounds, animations, etc.?  
 

I’m guessing IE had it to the point it gets the job done long ago (I could be wrong).  They might have even been to a point that was considered polished enough (or close enough to close on it) for a 10/10 release to the third criteria I listed above: but again, what is 100%?

 

And, if you cant really define 100%, how the heck do you want Tommy to define 80%?  
 

If it were me, I’d say it was 100% by 10/10/20, and they are now at 180%, considering they are likely adding additions and taking advantage of the additional time (but that even at 180% they would still need to do final optimization on what they have today to have made a 10/10/21 release), and leave it at that. 
 

But I know…. I can already hear it, “but Tommy, what does 180% mean?”

I would say it was never ready to launch even if the parts were available. The games are not even complete. There are too many clues that show that’s it’s not and never been ready to launch , not even close. My opinion. I’ll be proven wrong if ANY console are released this year. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Exactly right. It also seems that the games are not ready. I just cancelled one of my 2 FE and will cancel the other one if it’s not released by Christmas. I’m just losing interest at this point unfortunately and there was no bigger fan than me checking Atariage multiple times a day for almost 2 years. Someone can have my FE. Almost no one in this thread wants to hear anything critical. Logic is out the window it seems. 

 

sad-upset.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread reminds me of the time I was on a flight from Phoenix to Cincinnati for work a few years ago. We were delayed taking off and we had to stay in the air an extra hour because there was a tornado warning at CVG. Just circling for what seemed to be forever..looping and looping. We were supposed to land at 11pm and I think it was almost 1am when we actually landed. Eventually everyone looked like they wanted to jump out the windows because they were tired of waiting. 

 

As we get closer, people just want the plane to land. 🤣

 

Edited by PeterPepper
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cranker said:

I would say it was never ready to launch even if the parts were available. The games are not even complete. There are too many clues that show that’s it’s not and never been ready to launch , not even close. My opinion.

All the games?  Did you not see the Texas Video Game Museum  footage from months ago, or the Crayola footage from several weeks ago?  
 

Have you heard ANYONE who’s played it say its got a long way to go? Not me, most reactions I heard, with a few game exceptions, was that they would be happy if it were released as is. Do you think those folks were lying or just that their opinions are wrong?  

 

I’ve played many games on it, including Flying Tigers (yea, missed that one in my post I made when I got to play it, and yes it was awesome); and speaking for myself, I agree with the others sentiments I’ve heard.  I get it’s frustrating, I’m frustrated too, cause I want it now; but I think the only real difference between you and me is that I can understand the cause for the delays and appreciate the difficulties they are facing, where I think you are more “it doesn’t matter the reason, delayed is delayed”.  I get that, and I can’t fault you for your opinion, but please don’t fault me for mine.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Of course you would, and thank you for finally coming out directly with it yourself.

Quoted out of context! : D

Edited by Lusorius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Quoted out of context! :D

Really?  Thats what you are going to come back with?

 

All I can say to that is that is impossible, simply because thats never happened before in the world of Amico. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Have you heard ANYONE who’s played it say its got a long way to go? Not me, most reactions I heard, with a few game exceptions, was that they would be happy if it were released as is. Do you think those folks were lying or just that their opinions are wrong?  

I actually believe these % on Fundable, i.e. that pack in games are almost ready. My main worry is about the backend and its 80 % of completness. As a player there, you had probably not interacted with that during the demonstration.

 

Edit: but I agree that seeing new stuff would be more interesting than continue in this discussion now :). Sorry for bringing it back!

Edited by Lusorius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work in an industry that is affected by supply chain problems (along with half the world). We are not a start up, so in better position to handle the onslaught of the world the last couple of years. I evaluate workflow issues. 
 

Most problems out there on their own can be very simplified, and if they each were the only factor, would be quite easy to overcome for most. The problem is when you have an unusual amount of problems at once to a process, the efficiency of most steps of the process plummets. 
 

These times are very atypical, with unprecedented numbers of issues hitting many industries. If you break down each failure, you can get a myopic view that communicates mismanagement as the cause of failure. If you can take a 10,000 foot view of all problems, it begins to illustrate that the process has become overwhelmed and lack of efficiency can exponentially delay progress. 
 

Once you evaluate your current position, things that are non-repeatable and already completed are now irrelevant to finishing the task. To dwell on those before the job is completed is premature. 
 

Evaluating who estimated what completion percentage back on what certain date is not really important to the team trying to complete the project. Although it may be important to someone that is determining the credibility of the project, it is not overly productive to the team to engage in that before the job is completed, as they need to remain focused on completing the tasks in the most efficient manner from now forward (unless they have a time machine). 
 

Everyone has different tolerance and patience, I personally respect that. If you don’t think Amico is going to come out, or your patience is exasperated, I personally think you should wait to commit after it comes out, and then evaluate. If you are excited or blessed with calming patience, it is your freedom to invest both monetarily and emotionally in the system. 
 

If there is absolutely no way you will ever be interested, then get a new hobby, as trolling other people’s pursuit of happiness is just plain sad. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lusorius said:

I actually believe these % on Fundable, i.e. that pack in games are almost ready. My main worry is about the backend and its 80 % of completness. As a player there, you had probably not interacted with that during the demonstration.

 

Edit: but I agree that seeing new stuff would be more interesting than continue in this discussion now :). Sorry for bringing it back!

Yea, agreed, don’t think many have seen the shop stuff, but think it falls into the same boat - if they can’t release because of parts, they’re going to take advantage of the time. I’d bet 💵’s to 🍩‘s that if they got parts, they finish up on the SW/Firmware, games and back end to meet the date. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldfool said:

I work in an industry that is affected by supply chain problems (along with half the world). We are not a start up, so in better position to handle the onslaught of the world the last couple of years. I evaluate workflow issues. 
 

Most problems out there on their own can be very simplified, and if they each were the only factor, would be quite easy to overcome for most. The problem is when you have an unusual amount of problems at once to a process, the efficiency of most steps of the process plummets. 
 

These times are very atypical, with unprecedented numbers of issues hitting many industries. If you break down each failure, you can get a myopic view that communicates mismanagement as the cause of failure. If you can take a 10,000 foot view of all problems, it begins to illustrate that the process has become overwhelmed and lack of efficiency can exponentially delay progress. 
 

Once you evaluate your current position, things that are non-repeatable and already completed are now irrelevant to finishing the task. To dwell on those before the job is completed is premature. 
 

Evaluating who estimated what completion percentage back on what certain date is not really important to the team trying to complete the project. Although it may be important to someone that is determining the credibility of the project, it is not overly productive to the team to engage in that before the job is completed, as they need to remain focused on completing the tasks in the most efficient manner from now forward (unless they have a time machine). 
 

Everyone has different tolerance and patience, I personally respect that. If you don’t think Amico is going to come out, or your patience is exasperated, I personally think you should wait to commit after it comes out, and then evaluate. If you are excited or blessed with calming patience, it is your freedom to invest both monetarily and emotionally in the system. 
 

If there is absolutely no way you will ever be interested, then get a new hobby, as trolling other people’s pursuit of happiness is just plain sad. 

Well said, but you realize you just outed yourself as some who is not as they portray themselves to be, “oldfool” ;)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...