Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

I appreciate your replies but why to speculate all the time when we could get direct answers from the source? However, I gave up on getting them already and I think it is time to let this discussion be slightly more cheerful again :).

Don't speculate.  These things will be revealed by the time the system hits the market if not sooner.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theswede said:

Sure we do, but there is absolutley no signs that this is an elaborate investment scam or that IE is purposely holding it back from getting launched. Of course we are all really sad it’s getting delayed and it might be until 2022 before we finally would get it, but why are you mad at them for the delays? 

I’m not saying it is or was a scam and delays are fine, But I just don’t believe it was ever really ready to launch assuming they had all components needed. We were given the idea that they were just waiting for the final components and they would be ready to go if they got them. I don’t believe that’s the case.  It’s as simple as that and it’s my opinion only. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Don't speculate.  These things will be revealed by the time the system hits the market if not sooner.

Well, I meant your speculation as well. Why cannot these questions be simply answered by Intellivision instead of your guesses?

 

Edit: Maybe another thread would be better for this discussion?

Edited by Lusorius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I hear ya!  We're getting close.  Hang in there a few more weeks. 


I have a fun question for everyone.

 

Prioritize the following games that you would like to see deep dive videos for over the next month or two.

 

Missile Command
Dynablaster

Intellivision Pool

Finnigan Fox

Evel Knievel

Space Strikers



NOTE:  This list does NOT represent all of the ones we're doing...  just some of them.

I'm just curious as to what the interest level is among the current community that has been following to this point.

 

Thanks!

 

Dynablaster

Intellivision Pool

Space Strikers

Missile Command

Evel Knievel

Finnigan Fox

 

Only because we haven't seen as much of the first 3 just yet! Can't wait for the videos!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I hear ya!  We're getting close.  Hang in there a few more weeks. 


I have a fun question for everyone.

 

Prioritize the following games that you would like to see deep dive videos for over the next month or two.

 

Missile Command
Dynablaster

Intellivision Pool

Finnigan Fox

Evel Knievel

Space Strikers



NOTE:  This list does NOT represent all of the ones we're doing...  just some of them.

I'm just curious as to what the interest level is among the current community that has been following to this point.

 

Thanks!

 

Pool

Finnigan Fox

Space Strikers

Dynablaster

 

I would like to see these as I think there has been a lot more covered on Evel Knievel, Astrosmash and Missile Command. 

 

I know they aren't on the list but I would love to see more of Skiing and Bomb Squad if possible. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lusorius said:

Well, I meant your speculation as well. Why cannot these questions be simply answered by Intellivision instead of your guesses?

 

Edit: Maybe another thread would be better for this discussion?

What speculation what guesses?  Logistically, the backend systems and most games don't have to be ready until well after the system goes to manufacturing.  And leaderboards is something they said may or may not be ready at launch.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  They literally think and declare that everyone who has played it is lying, is a shill, drinking Amico Kool-Aid, or is getting paid by Intellivison.

I guess that now includes you and your wife as you have played it and enjoyed it also.



Questions for you.

1.  Was there any controller lag?
 
2.  Did you enjoy the motion controls?
 
3.  Did your wife (who admits not really being a gamer) enjoy playing it with you?
 
4.  Did your wife beat you in any of the games (sorry... I had to go there to prove a point).  Hahaha!
 

 


 
 
 
 
 

I wanna be a shill! Let me play Amico!!!!

*Waits patiently*
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr_me said:

What speculation what guesses?  Logistically, the backend systems and most games don't have to be ready until well after the system goes to manufacturing.  And leaderboards is something they said may or may not be ready at launch.

You might want to test things before the launch a little bit. But let's move this discussion elsewhere :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

You might want to test things before the launch a little bit. But let's move this discussion elsewhere :).

Ready includes testing.  Why wouldn't it.  Testing is part of any development schedule.

Edited by mr_me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What speculation what guesses?  Logistically, the backend systems and most games don't have to be ready until well after the system goes to manufacturing.  And leaderboards is something they said may or may not be ready at launch.

But if they were to launch on either of the 2 previous launch dates, the backend should be complete. Is there anyway the six pack in games were really ready to go ? No  …..blah blah it never ends so I’ll end it here. I’m just not interested in videos or what games I want to see or new merchandise etc etc . Just get the system out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last launch date is still more than a month away, so no the backend doesn't need to be ready whenever that Fundable page was written.  The previous launch date was rescheduled during pandemic restrictions, well in advance of the release date, so they can adjust schedules, reallocate resources, even change the scope of projects.  They have two versions of cornhole running.  They decided not to ship the first one, doesn't mean it wasn't ready as designed.  It could be that changing cornhole was enough to delay the console but that doesn't mean that part supply chain isn't a real issue.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The last launch date is still more than a month away, so no the backend doesn't need to be ready whenever that Fundable page was written.  The previous launch date was rescheduled during pandemic restrictions, well in advance of the release date, so they can adjust schedules, reallocate resources, even change the scope of projects.  They have two versions of cornhole running.  They decided not to ship the first one, doesn't mean it wasn't ready as designed.  It could be that cornhole was enough to delay the console but that doesn't mean that part supply chain isn't a real issue.

I’m sure it’s an issue but probably far from the only issue . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lusorius said:

Frankly, I am starting to think that you are using this labelling just to evade direct questions like "what 80 % of backend means" etc. 😕 And an irony is that I actually already accepted that I would not hear any answer from you and I was getting more positive about this thread because of some other members of this community. And then you strike again... 

Indeed.  It's perfectly fine to list your preference on a list of games.  That's fun.  But when you're looking at a console project that's a year late, what question is more relevant-- "What is the 10% that isn't finished, and why?" Or "What is some random fan's ranking of my games?"

 

Thinking of all the people who have pre-ordered the system, or invested in it, I'm pretty sure I know which question they'd want answered first.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Prioritize the following games that you would like to see deep dive videos for over the next month or two.

 

Missile Command
Dynablaster

Intellivision Pool

Finnigan Fox

Evel Knievel

Space Strikers

Intellivision Pool

Evel Knievel

Finnigan Fox

Space Strikers

Missile Command

Dynablaster

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Thinking of all the people who have pre-ordered the system, or invested in it, I'm pretty sure I know which question they'd want answered first.

Why would you say all? You know absolutes are tricky. Don’t be misleading, because you know my answer to your question is not the same as your leading assumption. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

Why would you say all? You know absolutes are tricky. Don’t be misleading, because you know my answer to your question is not the same as your leading assumption. 

I didn't say all.

 

Edit: Yes, I did, but not in the context you're suggesting.  I'm asking, if one looks at the group of people who have invested money into this in some form, you can surmise what the popular opinion would be.

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

I didn't say all.

 

Edit: Yes, I did, but not in the context you're suggesting.  I'm asking, if one looks at the group of people who have invested money into this in some form, you can surmise what the popular opinion would be.

Maybe most people just want to know when it's going to ship and don't care for the details.  People might not like the uncertainty, but they advised as best they can and explained why.

 

Edit:

Myself, I like the details but I don't expect a company to share them all.

 

33 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I’m sure it’s an issue but probably far from the only issue . 

Many things are within their control, Cornhole for example wouldn't push a delay beyond this holiday season.  Some things are not in their control and is why there is uncertainty.  Anything else is speculation.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Wow.  You either didn't actually read them... or maybe you're just not a very nice person yourself and find those insults and harassment to be acceptable.

I actually don't really care to interact with you anymore after this post because I find your answer to be quite horrifying.

No hard feelings.

You know I have just been reading this thread for a few days now without actually wanting to chime in, because I typically don't enjoy back and forth on message boards, but I really have to call you out on this Tommy. You throw the word harassment out a lot, and I am SURE you have witnessed some in regards to the nature of the internet being a terrible place. But as far as I can tell, people in this thread have been mostly respectful in their questioning and yet you keep bringing it up here instead of giving a direct answer. "Why should I answer...haters will just blah blah harassment blah" If this is really how you feel, why engage at all? Just say something more like "at this time, I can't comment on the progress of the system because it is an ongoing situation that changes rapidly" (and if you have tried that, leave it at that). The irony is that you used a personal attack against Lusorius, who's only fault as far as I can tell is annoying you with questions you don't want to answer, or perhaps felt you have answered many times before. Now, being that this thread is labeled "fun" you could argue he should respect that and keep the questions more light and positive in nature, but in no way is he deserving of the above comment. 

 

 

6 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Top 3 Amico “problems” I’ve heard repeatedly

 

1) Graphics - Maybe this comes from folks not satisfied with their current life and need photo realism to help them get fully absorbed into an alternate reality  - anyone else wish they’d just stay there…

 

2) Simplicity - Ego issues?  Can’t have grandma beating them in a video game

 

3) Local Multiplayer - Requires friends IRL - just sayin 

Wow, really?

Edited by flynnz
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn’t very Amico Goodtime Fun Chat of you all, this wrongthink is gonna have you catching thread bans.

 

This is beyond laughable, it was never really “on the launchpad”, period.

 

Less talk, ship the thing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lusorius said:

And an irony is that I actually already accepted that I would not hear any answer from you and I was getting more positive about this thread because of some other members of this community. And then you strike again... 

 

TT asked -- What are your favorite Amico games that you've seen so far? 

 

Your answer about 1 of the games – “I have very fond memories of Dynablaster, I just wish you have chosen nicer graphics there. The chosen color palette in your version reminds me of late 90s dark 3D games”


You had 7 words of positive chat regarding the game, but had to immediately follow it with 24 words of negative criticism that wasn't asked for.  (MS Word counted, not me)

 


If he had asked “what’s some feedback on the games you’ve seen so far,” then sure.  Or even “what’s your favorite game so far, and what things do you like/no like about it” then yep, I can see it.  But nope.. it was “What are your favorite Amico games that you've seen so far?”

 


You continually imply that you don’t understand why folks may think you’re being the turd in the punch bowl, but there’s a simple, recent, real world example of why.

 

 

It’s like that dickish friend who comes to your new place that you’re all excited about and says “love what you’ve done with the place” but then spends the rest of the time explaining how they don’t like the sofa, they never would have chosen those curtains, the color scheme doesn't blend well, etc.  


That person who doesn’t get invited to parties anymore because people are sick of hearing “nice party, BUT…”

 

If your self awareness is really that low and you’re simply incapable of taking a step back and understanding it, then I offer my sincere apologies. You continue being the best "you" that you can be.  If that’s all you got to work with, then work it, I guess.  Best wishes on your quest to discover the true meaning of 80% , and I hope it brings you much happiness and sense of accomplishment.   Who knows, maybe when Amico is finally launched, everything will stop working at an 80% load bar and we’ll all be like “why didn’t anyone warn us?!?!”  And someone will step out the shadows and go “someone did, sir….”    And you’ll be a true, misunderstood hero in the making.

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

 

TT asked -- What are your favorite Amico games that you've seen so far? 

 

Your answer about 1 of the games – “I have very fond memories of Dynablaster, I just wish you have chosen nicer graphics there. The chosen color palette in your version reminds me of late 90s dark 3D games”


You had 7 words of positive chat regarding the game, but had to immediately follow it with 24 words of negative criticism that wasn't asked for.  (MS Word counted, not me)

 


If he had asked “what’s some feedback on the games you’ve seen so far,” then sure.  Or even “what’s your favorite game so far, and what things do you like/no like about it” then yep, I can see it.  But nope.. it was “What are your favorite Amico games that you've seen so far?”

... .

Come on, this is ridiculous, counting words in someone's comment, you want to dictate what he's allowed to answer?

Discussion of possible sound and graphic issues arose ever since the first (and therefore early) videos were shown.

I still don't see the negative in his answer. 

Edited by N0mi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

TT asked -- What are your favorite Amico games that you've seen so far? 

 

Your answer about 1 of the games – “I have very fond memories of Dynablaster, I just wish you have chosen nicer graphics there. The chosen color palette in your version reminds me of late 90s dark 3D games”


You had 7 words of positive chat regarding the game, but had to immediately follow it with 24 words of negative criticism that wasn't asked for.  (MS Word counted, not me)

And I said also that Cloudy Mountain looks interesting and that I would like to play it and later I added that I like its graphics. And to be more positive: Breakout has nice graphics too! Night stalker is not my cup of tea from gameplay perspective but it looks nice as well! Dynablaster is simply the game that I would probably enjoy the most and hence I mentioned also that I wish it had better graphics. That is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

I didn't say all.

 

Edit: Yes, I did, but not in the context you're suggesting.  I'm asking, if one looks at the group of people who have invested money into this in some form, you can surmise what the popular opinion would be.

While I can’t dispute what you surmise, you have not done the research to prove what you surmise. Are you sure you are not letting your bias to cause you to be misleading?

 

(Exhausting, isn’t it?)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldfool said:

While I can’t dispute what you surmise, you have not done the research to prove what you surmise. Are you sure you are not letting your bias to cause you to be misleading?

 

(Exhausting, isn’t it?)

I can't think of a rational scenario where a large group of people who spent money for a product would not want to know EXACTLY why it is not done a year after it was supposed to be.  If you're willing to entertain that possibility, that's quite all right, but I am not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...