Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

6 hours ago, jsmith73 said:

So much to unpack in this latest back and forth. Poking at the folks trying to bring out a new console under what are probably the most challenging circumstances in the last fifty years just seems juvenile.

The entire world knows that there is a shattering shortage of semiconductors. Entire factories are randomly being shutdown due to this pandemic. There is a tremendous bottleneck in the shipping sector from steam vessels, all the way down to OTR truck drivers. That is a GLOBAL problem, not some conspiracy. If a person has invested money into this and believes it's not going to happen, there is an open door to get your money back. 

Oh, and the software? In today's world software is never "done". Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings, but software is iterative. 

The CEO of the company has come to play with us in our little sandbox, and answered questions and concerns ad nauseum. Some of the questions and concerns are obviously attempts at trolling, others have been interpreted as trolling wrongly. The ones we got wrong? That sucks and we're the assholes. 

Attacking or threatening someone's family / friends because a person has decided that said console is an existential danger to their world view is utterly disgusting.  How does anyone think that's ok?

Hell, how did video games even become a world view? 

Thank you for your very well spoken and thoughtful post.

Love hearing intelligent thoughts.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SevenTari said:

@jsmith73 Well said.

Dang... I'm not gonna say much. The opposition is honestly baffling, especially on youtube. Saw some videos by a dude named Darius something?  Hmm..If I don't like something I simply don't bother with it. I honestly think that's the normal thing to do, no? Some of the behavior on there makes me question whether or not there's mental issues at play? so I won't comment further to keep a semblance of respect.

But anyways, thanks @Tommy Tallarico for taking time out your busy schedule to answer questions and hang out with us as a fellow gamer. Ya didn't need to do that, but that's cool man. I don't see many CEO's doing that. Wishing you and team all the best.  It's a tough season... many know. I'm an illustrator and designer by trade and I've designed apparel for Nintendo just prior to Covid...and we know that even Nintendo has struggled to get their new theme park in operation due to all that is going on.

So keep on truckin' friend, there are voices better left ignored.  ;)

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful support.

I really appreciate it.

❤️

• Like 11

5 hours ago, theswede said:

there is certainly not a nut shortage😆 

THAT.  WAS.  AMAZING!

🤣

• Like 5

Tommy, are there games where you will be able to build your own levels, like Load Runner?  Is so, will the system allow you to tie them to your controller as well so you can bring levels you create with you to a friends house?

• Like 8

5 hours ago, godslabrat said:

My point really isn't relevant to any continued product improvement.  I expect the OS and apps to be continually improved throughout the lifespan of the product.    

My point is specifically that there is still not a shippable OS, as per Amico's fundable page.  To me, it's irrelevant if the product has scheduled refinements if the core release isn't finished a year after the initial release date.

Hi,

Beating a dead horse my man.

It's been explained to you a number of different times by a number of different people. 

If you don't care to accept the answers... that's fine.  

So I was wondering if you wanted to keep talking about it amongst your peers... could you make a different and unique thread about it and keep that particular discussion out of this particular thread. 

Thanks.  I appreciate it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 14

On 9/3/2021 at 6:46 PM, godslabrat said:

I would need a fairly technical description listing the items that needed to be delivered, and why they haven't been completed before now.  On that point, I remind you that I've already said that software dev and backend infrastructure should be easy to plan within the framework of a pandemic.

So yes, I would believe him, but it would have to be a substantial answer, and not the kid of thing that's likely to fit into a tweet or YouTube video.

I like it!

You should use that entitlement mentality to make these happen and be hero to us all –

• Get Nintendo’s CEO to fess up, be honest and thorough about Joycon drift.  That thing’s been out for years and mum’s still the word.  And not gonna even tell us if it’s addressed in the new version that they want us so spend more dollars on.
  • Get MS CEO to explain in detail why they can sell millions of consoles, be a major player in the tech game, but still can’t release a console without it being plagued by (insert color here) screen of death.
  • Get Sony’s CEO to spill the beans on their “consumer friendly strategy,” explaining how last year, they said the new Horizon game would have a free upgrade path from PS4 – PS5, but now that seems to have been translated to “y’all go fuck yerself now, ya hear” 

Edit:  According to a blog post updated today, it seems that Sony decided it would be a good idea to maybe keep that promise, and is (once again) telling customers that the upgrade path will still be free.

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

How do you know they don't have a prior version of the OS that was shippable.

c0bc53f8d68ad924eec2e1798432586a.jpg.773a343cc9c2f8463b553cb235cd0d07.jpg

• Haha 13

8 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Tommy, are there games where you will be able to build your own levels, like Load Runner?  Is so, will the system allow you to tie them to your controller as well so you can bring levels you create with you to a friends house?

This would be cool.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Tommy, considering all the fighting, harassment and other bs you've had thrown in your face throughout the past year or so. When you designed the Amico with families and children in mind as your target audience. Did you anticipate that you would also attract the Jerry Springer crowd? 😉

I did not.  But I could see from very early on that it was going to be case.

This was the first video we did on our YouTube channel after our very first Announcement Trailer.

:D

• Like 10

2 hours ago, 6502wrangler said:

What you said makes intuitive sense. But, as always, the answer is "it depends". 

For bleeding edge stuff, really their only customers are the big guys like Apple and Xilinx and NVIDIA.

But for the older technologies (the technologies that Amico's venders are very likely using) it turns out that the foundries really have a ton of little orders and that's the way they like it as it keeps gross margin high. So, I can tell you for us, the problem has been that the foundry is running at or above capacity, but we haven't been bumped so they can do Broadcom's order (since Broadcom's or Apple's stuff or whatever is done in another foundry).

The key reason is each individual fab only does wafer processing for a single node. So our stuff, and whatever Amico is buying, isn't really competing directly with Apple or Sony for capacity instead they are competing with other smallish vendors.

It's clear that you are a very knowledgeable person in this space.  It's easy to see you have a lot of experience in the field.

Important note to add though... our screens are 100% custom.  So although I agree with a lot of what you mentioned above... the same sentiment completely changes because of our screens and other custom parts.  Yes... some things like memory & processors are "off the shelf"... but others are not.  Big difference.

Once again... appreciate your insights and respectful discussions.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

So does this extend to displays and related components?  Don’t see any other reason why auto makers would update their designs to remove displays and touch screens. Are you saying that iPhones and others are not competing for the same resources as Amico is for their controllers; and if so, wouldn’t scales of economy significantly favor the Apples and Samsungs of the world?

100%!

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

We currently aren't working on anything like that at the moment, but we definitely have some things on the drawing board like that for the future!

And yes... Lode Runner is a PERFECT example and owned by Tozai who we are very tight with.  :)

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I like it!

You should use that entitlement mentality to make these happen and be hero to us all –

• Get Nintendo’s CEO to fess up, be honest and thorough about Joycon drift.  That thing’s been out for years and mum’s still the word.  And not gonna even tell us if it’s addressed in the new version that they want us so spend more dollars on.
  • Get MS CEO to explain in detail why they can sell millions of consoles, be a major player in the tech game, but still can’t release a console without it being plagued by (insert color here) screen of death.
  • Get Sony’s CEO to spill the beans on their “consumer friendly strategy,” explaining how last year, they said the new Horizon game would have a free upgrade path from PS4 – PS5, but now that seems to have been translated to “y’all go fuck yerself now, ya hear” 

🔥

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi,

I appreciate your personal experience and additions to the conversation.

I'm sincerely glad that your company and projects are doing fine.

❤️

No disrespect, but the line I highlighted above is very far from accurate. 

I will try to give you a bit more information about what we're doing and see if you will change your thoughts.

With all due respect, you don't know what our BOM (Build of Materials) looks like or contains.  So it's a little unfair to compare what we're doing to anything else.

We have over 700 parts and over 100 of those are electronic components.  The price for everything literally changes week to week over the past year.

To categorize your experience to ours (please correct me if I'm mistaken) and to try and paint a picture that we're using it as an "excuse" and it shouldn't be a problem is far from precise for the following reasons.

You mentioned that you are a circuit design engineer.  I'm sure you are a talented dude and great at what you do.  We have a team of hardware design engineers, mechanical engineers, etc. who have been with us coming up on 3 years.  We also have a logistics team, hardware product managers, revenue officer, financial officers, accountants, hardware compliance & hardware testing staff, retail and online sales teams, etc.  All folks who are dealing with what is going on. I mention this because i don't want you to think that it's a couple of guys in their garage.  We have around 60 full-time employees and they all deal with the effects of the pandemic every single day they go to work.  Trying to find the best path (or in certain things ANY path) to reach our goals.  As a small example, are you aware how it costs right now to ship a crate from China to Long Beach?  Pre-COVID it was around $2,500 - $3,500.  Now it's $25,000 - $35,000.  How long did it take pre-COVID for a crate to ship and to get through U.S. customs?  It went from about 6 weeks to about 12 weeks.  I'm sure you're aware of the 40+ ships literally waiting in line at Long Beach at this very moment.  Would you agree that it's fair to say that shipping rates negatively affect a products bottom line and ability to launch?

Does your product have color touch screens?  Are you familiar with how hard it is to get the crystals for touch screens (even though we started securing and ordering LAST November).

Is your product in retail?  Or is it just made and sold to other companies?

Do you know what our retail margins need to be for everything to work?  Do you have purchase orders that need to be filled to dozens of different distributors and providers around the world?

I'm sure you know and understand that the COST of everything has gone through the roof over the past 6 months especially.  And yeah... the lower the quantity... the higher the price you're going to pay.  You aren't denying that things haven't gotten more expensive are you?  And if things are more expensive (especially when purchased in small quantities) then how can a small company survive if they are selling their product at a massive loss.  What good does that do anyone? 

Yes... there are massively high prices we could pay on the open market or black markets in South America to get units out there.  We've actually had to do similar things and spend a lot of capital were weren't expecting to initially just to create a few hundred development kits over the past year.  And what are the quality of those black market parts when trying to provide the best high-quality experience possible and something that will last as long as possible.  Good enough to send to our first and best customers? 

What about the fact that we are a pre-revenue company?  That comes into play as well.

As someone running a company and surrounding themselves with an amazing and experienced team, you need to take all things into consideration and do what's best for the product... which in turn benefits the customer and the company.

So I kindly and respectfully reject your line above and hopefully with further context you may now better understand that our products are very different and that your personal experience and the product you work on may not be the same as what we are doing and working on.  Which in turn, may make your initial statement seem unfair.

Would that be a fair statement to make? 

Thank you again and I appreciate the respectful manner of conversation and your personal insights.

While this all sounds reasonable, is there a path where you see this clearing up anytime soon? It seems to me that we could be looking at another year of this situation. 

I wonder if a company like Schiit audio (I know that sounds weird, but it's legit) could help. They are a high end audiophile company who are 100 percent American made and manufactured (or pretty close to 100 percent). This is their website: https://www.schiit.com/ ... They are located in California and Texas. Maybe they would have some insight.

Otherwise it seems pretty bleak for the system. I could see taking a bit of a loss on the founders editions, hopefully get some good vibes, then make the rest of the units when you get everything else figured out.

But maybe talking to companies like Schiit could get you going. They just opened a facility in Texas recently and I believe that's gone well.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 06:55, Tommy Tallarico said:

Ti sento! Ci stiamo avvicinando. Resisti ancora qualche settimana. 

Ho una domanda divertente per tutti.

Dai la priorità ai seguenti giochi per i quali vorresti vedere video di approfondimento nel corso del prossimo mese o due.

Missile Command
Dynablaster

Piscina Intellivision

Finnigan volpe

Evel Knievel

Attaccanti spaziali

NOTA: questo elenco NON rappresenta tutti quelli che stiamo facendo... solo alcuni di essi.

Sono solo curioso di sapere quale sia il livello di interesse tra l'attuale community che ha seguito fino a questo punto.

Grazie!

1 Intellivision Pool                                 2 Dynablaster                                         3 Missile Command                             4 Space Strikers                                     5 Evel Knievel                                       6 Finnigan Fox 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Ciao,

apprezzo la tua esperienza personale e le aggiunte alla conversazione.

Sono sinceramente contento che la tua azienda e i tuoi progetti stiano andando bene.

❤️

Nessuna mancanza di rispetto, ma la linea che ho evidenziato sopra è molto lontana dall'esatta

Cercherò di darti qualche informazione in più su quello che stiamo facendo e vedere se cambierai idea.

Con tutto il rispetto, non sai come appare o cosa contiene la nostra BOM (Build of Materials). Quindi è un po' ingiusto confrontare quello che stiamo facendo con qualsiasi altra cosa.

Abbiamo oltre 700 parti e oltre 100 di queste sono componenti elettronici. Il prezzo di tutto cambia letteralmente di settimana in settimana nell'ultimo anno.

Classificare la tua esperienza con la nostra (per favore correggimi se sbaglio) e provare a dipingere un'immagine che stiamo usando come una "scusa" e non dovrebbe essere un problema è tutt'altro che preciso per i seguenti motivi .

Hai detto che sei un ingegnere progettista di circuiti. Sono sicuro che sei un ragazzo di talento e bravo in quello che fai. Abbiamo un team di ingegneri progettisti hardware, ingegneri meccanici, ecc. che sono stati con noi per 3 anni. Abbiamo anche un team logistico, responsabili dei prodotti hardware, funzionario delle entrate, funzionari finanziari, contabili, personale di conformità hardware e test hardware, team di vendita al dettaglio e online, ecc. Tutte le persone che si occupano di ciò che sta accadendo. Lo dico perché non voglio che pensiate che ci siano un paio di ragazzi nel loro garage. Abbiamo circa 60 dipendenti a tempo pieno e tutti si occupano degli effetti della pandemia ogni singolo giorno in cui vanno a lavorare. Cercando di trovare il percorso migliore (o in certe cose QUALSIASI percorso) per raggiungere i nostri obiettivi. Come piccolo esempio, sai quanto costa in questo momento spedire una cassa dalla Cina a Long Beach? Pre-COVID era di circa $ 2.500 - $ 3.500. Ora sono $ 25.000 - $ 35.000. Quanto tempo ci è voluto prima del COVID perché una cassa venisse spedita e passasse attraverso la dogana degli Stati Uniti? È passato da circa 6 settimane a circa 12 settimane. Sono sicuro che sei a conoscenza delle oltre 40 navi che stanno letteralmente aspettando in fila a Long Beach proprio in questo momento. Sei d'accordo che è giusto dire che le tariffe di spedizione influiscono negativamente sui profitti e sulla capacità di lancio di un prodotto? sono consapevole delle oltre 40 navi che stanno letteralmente aspettando in fila a Long Beach proprio in questo momento. Sei d'accordo che è giusto dire che le tariffe di spedizione influiscono negativamente sui profitti e sulla capacità di lancio di un prodotto? sono consapevole delle oltre 40 navi che stanno letteralmente aspettando in fila a Long Beach proprio in questo momento. Sei d'accordo che è giusto dire che le tariffe di spedizione influiscono negativamente sui profitti e sulla capacità di lancio di un prodotto?

Il tuo prodotto è dotato di touch screen a colori? Hai familiarità con quanto sia difficile ottenere i cristalli per i touch screen (anche se abbiamo iniziato a proteggere e ordinare lo scorso novembre).

Il tuo prodotto è al dettaglio? O è solo prodotto e venduto ad altre società?

Sai quali devono essere i nostri margini di vendita al dettaglio affinché tutto funzioni? Hai ordini di acquisto che devono essere evasi a dozzine di distributori e fornitori diversi in tutto il mondo?

Sono sicuro che sai e capisci che il COSTO di tutto è salito alle stelle soprattutto negli ultimi 6 mesi. E sì... più bassa è la quantità... più alto è il prezzo che pagherai. Non stai negando che le cose non siano diventate più costose, vero? E se le cose sono più costose (soprattutto se acquistate in piccole quantità), allora come può sopravvivere una piccola azienda se stanno vendendo il loro prodotto con una perdita enorme. A che serve a qualcuno? 

Sì... ci sono prezzi enormemente alti che potremmo pagare sul mercato aperto o sui mercati neri in Sud America per ottenere unità là fuori. In realtà abbiamo dovuto fare cose simili e spendere un sacco di capitale che non ci aspettavamo inizialmente solo per creare qualche centinaio di kit di sviluppo nell'ultimo anno. E qual è la qualità di quelle parti del mercato nero quando si cerca di fornire la migliore esperienza di alta qualità possibile e qualcosa che durerà il più a lungo possibile. Abbastanza buono da inviare ai nostri primi e migliori clienti? 

Che dire del fatto che siamo una società pre-reddito? Anche questo entra in gioco.

Come qualcuno che gestisce un'azienda e si circonda di un team straordinario ed esperto, devi prendere in considerazione tutte le cose e fare ciò che è meglio per il prodotto... che a sua volta avvantaggia il cliente e l'azienda.

Quindi respingo gentilmente e rispettosamente la tua linea di cui sopra e spero che con un ulteriore contesto tu possa ora capire meglio che i nostri prodotti sono molto diversi e che la tua esperienza personale e il prodotto su cui lavori potrebbero non essere gli stessi di quello che stiamo facendo e su cui stiamo lavorando. Il che, a sua volta, potrebbe far sembrare ingiusta la tua affermazione iniziale.

Sarebbe una dichiarazione giusta da fare? 

Grazie ancora e apprezzo il modo rispettoso della conversazione e le tue intuizioni personali.

Thank you Tommy for being so sincere and transparent once again. What you explained was clear and detailed, I believe that everyone (if they feel like it) can understand the enormous difficulties you are facing. I sincerely hope that you will soon find the way to overcome the many problems that this cursed pandemic has created. P. S. Where I come from there is a saying that says "There is no more deaf than those who do not want to hear" (I hope it has been translated correctly)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 9/2/2021 at 8:15 PM, Cranker said:

Exactly right. It also seems that the games are not ready. I just cancelled one of my 2 FE and will cancel the other one if it’s not released by Christmas. I’m just losing interest at this point unfortunately and there was no bigger fan than me checking Atariage multiple times a day for almost 2 years. Someone can have my FE. Almost no one in this thread wants to hear anything critical. Logic is out the window it seems. 

Hey,

I don't know if there's anyone from Intellivision fulfillment on here, but if this Founder's Edition cancel order comes through, and there isn't already a list A MILE LONG for one, I would LOVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE! SO, If this person loses their faith in Tommy, and the team, or just gets tired of waiting, and needs their money back, I would JUMP AT ANY POSSIBLE CHANCE to get JUST ONE MORE Founder's Edition console!

Hee Hee Hee

Keeping the Faith,

B

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I like it!

Joycon drift is a thing, and Nintendo should face consequences for it. They won't, but they should.

MS's last unreliable console was the X360, now 2 generations ago. The X1 was fine, the X1X even moreso, and the SX is a seriously impressive bit of kit.

Sony are dong what Sony do - get too far in front, get complacent, screw the customer. They did it in the PS2 era, by the time the PS4 cme along they'd garnered some goodwill back, and now it's time for them to repeat the cycle. Having said that, I do find it puzzling that anyone would expect next-gen upgrades for free. The type of videogame that exists on next-gen consoles requires hundreds of man hours more development than the copy of Street Fighter 2 Turbo I paid £70 for back in 1992.

• Like 5

On 9/4/2021 at 4:44 AM, Parker77 said:

Joycon drift is a thing, and Nintendo should face consequences for it. They won't, but they should.

Absolutely agree.

MS's last unreliable console was the X360, now 2 generations ago. The X1 was fine, the X1X even moreso, and the SX is a seriously impressive bit of kit.

They’re currently making headline regarding X1 because of “black screen of death.”  It won’t impact as many users as the RROD, of course – not sure they sold enough systems to accomplish that – but it’s a big enough issue for Xbox support to have a notification with “troubleshooting tips” as soon as you contact them.  It’s embarrassing that a company at that position (pretty major player, I believe) drops the ball this consistently.     Agree so far on the SX, I’m very fond of mine, but time will tell…

Sony are dong what Sony do - get too far in front, get complacent, screw the customer. They did it in the PS2 era, by the time the PS4 cme along they'd garnered some goodwill back, and now it's time for them to repeat the cycle. 

I agree that’s “what Sony do,” but would also add that’s what they all 3 do, really.  And it sucks.  MS perfected it after the 360 success – that they somehow managed to gain such strong backlash for their anti-consumer dipshittery, they were forced to change a major part of the system’s foundation in just a few months from announcement/event in May (I believe) to launch in Nov.  That had to be some kind of record.  

And Nintendo is so anti-consumer, they’ll  likely send us a cease and desist just for using their name on the internet.

Having said that, I do find it puzzling that anyone would expect next-gen upgrades for free. 

Normally, I would agree 100%.  The only reason I don't (with this specific situation) is the company has, on multiple occasions, promised users that Horizon would have an upgrade path to allow them to get the PS5 version for free.   If they hadn’t made it a point to make those promises, I think they’d be perfectly fine to use Microsoft’s famous words (when leading in to the X1) and tell the customers to “Deal with it”

Edit:  According to a blog post updated today, it seems they decided it would be a good idea to maybe keep that promise, and is (once again) telling customers that the upgrade path will still be free.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ashtonm said:

While this all sounds reasonable, is there a path where you see this clearing up anytime soon? It seems to me that we could be looking at another year of this situation. 

Many reports are saying that things won't be getting back to pre-COVID normalcy til the end of 2022 or beginning of 2023.  It's all just speculation at this point and all we can do is keep trying to do our best.

12 hours ago, ashtonm said:

I wonder if a company like Schiit audio (I know that sounds weird, but it's legit) could help. They are a high end audiophile company who are 100 percent American made and manufactured (or pretty close to 100 percent). This is their website: https://www.schiit.com/ ... They are located in California and Texas. Maybe they would have some insight.

Otherwise it seems pretty bleak for the system. I could see taking a bit of a loss on the founders editions, hopefully get some good vibes, then make the rest of the units when you get everything else figured out.

But maybe talking to companies like Schiit could get you going. They just opened a facility in Texas recently and I believe that's gone well.

I appreciate the suggestion.  The teams of people we have working at Intellivision have decades and decades worth of experience on sourcing, logistics, etc.  But the harsh reality is that most parts that are made for scale are unfortunately only viable from China at the moment. 

Hard to imagine that the original Intellivision just over 40 years ago was all made here in the U.S.A.!  The ultimate dream would be to figure out a way to get a manufacturing plant over here in the U.S.  But unfortunately, in this day and age and in the current state of the world... it's just not possible at the moment.

And yes... as you mentioned... our current plan is to take a huge loss on the first batch of consoles (not a "bit of a loss") to get it into the hands of the folks who have been waiting in anticipation the longest.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crusader71 said:

Thank you Tommy for being so sincere and transparent once again. What you explained was clear and detailed, I believe that everyone (if they feel like it) can understand the enormous difficulties you are facing. I sincerely hope that you will soon find the way to overcome the many problems that this cursed pandemic has created. P. S. Where I come from there is a saying that says "There is no more deaf than those who do not want to hear" (I hope it has been translated correctly)

Thank you!  I really appreciate your thoughts, understanding and kindness.

And YES... your Italian translation came across absolutely PERFECT and VERY well said!

❤️

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Barley Farquahr said:

Hey,

I don't know if there's anyone from Intellivision fulfillment on here, but if this Founder's Edition cancel order comes through, and there isn't already a list A MILE LONG for one, I would LOVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE! SO, If this person loses their faith in Tommy, and the team, or just gets tired of waiting, and needs their money back, I would JUMP AT ANY POSSIBLE CHANCE to get JUST ONE MORE Founder's Edition console!

Hee Hee Hee

Keeping the Faith,

B

It's a pretty long list at this point, but PLEASE make sure to send an e-mail to [email protected] and let them know that you would like to be on the Founders Edition back-up list. 

That goes for anyone here of course who isn't already on the Founder's List.

Thanks for your continued support!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, woobman said:

Go to your local Target or Walmart. Walk down the toy isles. The toy shelves are not barren due to everyone buying up all the toys. OK.. Maybe a good portion of the lego isle.  I've mentioned before, but Lego would be a fun partner. Wouldn't that be something?tm

LEGO would be an amazing partner 😊 I hope the Amico will be home to a ton of family friendly franchises. People always look down on “simple gameplay” - but the simple game mechanics are always the most addictive. I spent more time on my Xbox with feeding frenzy and the LEGO games than any of the so called “hardcore” games.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Absolutely agree.

They’re currently making headline regarding X1 because of “black screen of death.”  It won’t impact as many users as the RROD, of course – not sure they sold enough systems to accomplish that – but it’s a big enough issue for Xbox support to have a notification with “troubleshooting tips” as soon as you contact them.  It’s embarrassing that a company at that position (pretty major player, I believe) drops the ball this consistently.     Agree so far on the SX, I’m very fond of mine, but time will tell…

I agree that’s “what Sony do,” but would also add that’s what they all 3 do, really.  And it sucks.  MS perfected it after the 360 success – that they somehow managed to gain such strong backlash for their anti-consumer dipshittery, they were forced to change a major part of the system’s foundation in just a few months from announcement/event in May (I believe) to launch in Nov.  That had to be some kind of record.  

And Nintendo is so anti-consumer, they’ll  likely send us a cease and desist just for using their name on the internet.

Normally, I would agree 100%.  The only reason I don't (with this specific situation) is the company has, on multiple occasions, promised users that Horizon would have an upgrade path to allow them to get the PS5 version for free.   If they hadn’t made it a point to make those promises, I think they’d be perfectly fine to use Microsoft’s famous words (when leading in to the X1) and tell the customers to “Deal with it”

Great conversation.  I like hearing multiple thoughts, views, opinions and takes on the current state of video game hardware and the challenges that even the biggest and best deal with.

Everyone has made great points.

• Like 6