Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Friendly Amico said:

LEGO would be an amazing partner 😊 I hope the Amico will be home to a ton of family friendly franchises. People always look down on “simple gameplay” - but the simple game mechanics are always the most addictive. I spent more time on my Xbox with feeding frenzy and the LEGO games than any of the so called “hardcore” games.


I agree 100% on everything you said!

 

Especially THIS part...

 

39075468_received_101543839322670072.thumb.jpeg.9a475334e5a765b8456411c86a218d8f.jpeg
 

That's me and my wife at the former Lego HQ in Enfield, CT.  They moved out of the building a few months ago, but I grew up around there and have a LOT of childhood friends who work at corporate and are big supporters of what we're doing with Amico.

I'll just leave it at that for now.

 

:)

 

 

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to everyone who participated in the "What videos would you like to see" informal poll. 

It was interesting to see that both Pool & Dynablaster were towards the top of almost everyone's list!

I will make sure that those 2 are part of our initial next batch that we'll be filming.

 

As always... I appreciate the feedback!

 

❤️
 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

And yes... as you mentioned... our current plan is to take a huge loss on the first batch of consoles (not a "bit of a loss") to get it into the hands of the folks who have been waiting in anticipation the longest.
 

If this is the case I'll be supporting Intellivision that much harder come release. Buying up games, gift cards, sharing your videos on social media, making my own videos/playthroughs, whatever it takes to make up the difference. :)

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pac in Blac said:

If this is the case I'll be supporting Intellivision that much harder come release. Buying up games, gift cards, sharing your videos on social media, making my own videos/playthroughs, whatever it takes to make up the difference. :)

You can buy copies for me, too.  We'll tag team support this thing!  😄

  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tommy Tallarico

 

2 quick questions, if you are okay with revealing:

 

1) Will any of the 8 physical products be available for order and delivery before Christmas, regardless if the console is available for launch?

 

2) Have you thought of reserving “Party” for any (and all) games over 4 players as a convention, so that consumers can quickly differentiate titles when looking for entertainment for larger groups?  

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


We currently aren't working on anything like that at the moment, but we definitely have some things on the drawing board like that for the future!

And yes... Lode Runner is a PERFECT example and owned by Tozai who we are very tight with.  :)

 

 

This is good to hear.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

You can buy copies for me, too.  We'll tag team support this thing!  😄

I'm not so sure that this would be considered "tag team support".

 

If I'm reading this correctly, I think this formula falls under the "baby daddy/mommy, or "sugar daddy/mommy category," support category.

 

With the Amico being the baby, of course. 🐣

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RREDDWARFF said:

I'm not so sure that this would be considered "tag team support".

 

If I'm reading this correctly, I think this formula falls under the "baby daddy/mommy, or "sugar daddy/mommy category," support category.

 

With the Amico being the baby, of course. 🐣

Hey whatever works! Familys gotta stick together for the baby lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Friendly Amico said:

LEGO would be an amazing partner 😊 I hope the Amico will be home to a ton of family friendly franchises. People always look down on “simple gameplay” - but the simple game mechanics are always the most addictive. I spent more time on my Xbox with feeding frenzy and the LEGO games than any of the so called “hardcore” games.

On my Xbox360, I loved playing Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim. Easily over a hundred hours on Skyrim. Blasted that number away with the kids on LEGO Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and now on Marvel. We've bought Harry Potter for the Switch and are eagerly awaiting 31. December when the new LEGO Star Wars comes out. Oh and Minecraft. Fuck Minecraft. That game has taken more time away from me than reading the nonsense in this thread. 😛 And now that my daughter has learned how to use the Command Blocks, fuck, I never get to play anymore.

 

Which leads me to ask, Tommy, are there any games in the pipe that deal directly with coding. I'm also two seconds away from getting Game Builder Garage for her.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, Starpaddler said:

You are going to like Skiing, I guarantee it.  
 

If you don’t, send me your receipt for the digital version of the game and I’ll reimburse you. 🤣

Okay, I know if you have to ‘splain a joke it wasn't funny to begin with, but as this one didn’t garner any laughs, thinking it may have gone over people’s head.  
 

The part about liking the game is 100% legit, but you all do realize Skiing is a pack-in, right?

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Okay, I know if you have to ‘splain a joke it wasn't funny to begin with, but as this one didn’t garner any laughs, thinking it may have gone over people’s head.  
 

The part about liking the game is 100% legit, but you all do realize Skiing is a pack-in, right?

I admit it... Totally went over head.  🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Okay, I know if you have to ‘splain a joke it wasn't funny to begin with, but as this one didn’t garner any laughs, thinking it may have gone over people’s head.  
 

The part about liking the game is 100% legit, but you all do realize Skiing is a pack-in, right?

Sometimes they actually are funnier if you have to explain it. 😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:


It's clear that you are a very knowledgeable person in this space.  It's easy to see you have a lot of experience in the field.

 

Important note to add though... our screens are 100% custom.  So although I agree with a lot of what you mentioned above... the same sentiment completely changes because of our screens and other custom parts.  Yes... some things like memory & processors are "off the shelf"... but others are not.  Big difference.

Once again... appreciate your insights and respectful discussions.

 

 

 

Fair point on the custom stuff. Best of luck getting the Amico out the door. I'm looking forward to playing it!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, Starpaddler said:

So does this extend to displays and related components?  Don’t see any other reason why auto makers would update their designs to remove displays and touch screens. 

 

I don't know. I don't have any experience with displays, sorry. But when people talk about the "chip shortage" they are talking about chips.

 

On 9/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, Starpaddler said:

Are you saying that iPhones and others are not competing for the same resources as Amico is for their controllers; 

 

It terms of their integrated circuits, they aren't really competing with the big guys (because the big guys are focused mostly - but not entirely - on more modern technologies). 

 

On 9/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, Starpaddler said:

and if so, wouldn’t scales of economy significantly favor the Apples and Samsungs of the world?

 

Yes, that's right. That has always been true (and will likely always be true).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, Razzie.P said:

Nope, I don’t want to dictate anything.  That user has (multiple times) had a “what… me… they’re annoyed by MY incessant responses?!? Little ol' me??!?!  WHAT?  WHY?!?”  type of mentality in their posts,  So I was simply using a recent, real example to help explain why.   If they really care about how they’re being perceived, as they have implied, hopefully it helps.  If not, then oh well, easy enough to ignore.


Maybe instead of simply noticing the word count (that was conveniently already provided by MS Word), it would have been better received if I had said 78% of the answer was negative criticism that wasn’t asked for.  They sure do love them thar pesky percentages.
 

Discussion of sound and graphic issues has been a thing, and should continue to be a thing.  Absolutely!  Feedback is necessary.   Sounds like a great singular topic for a thread/discussion, where folks can really hone in on what they love/hate and what they perceive to be going right/wrong.  I have my own thoughts, positive and negative, and would certainly pitch in.  But unless I misunderstood, things were changed recently to make it so that this specific thread is no longer the right place for it.  (seems like the mods outlined all that to help “dictate” the flow of conversation, not me)

Thanks for the clarification, I now understand your motivation.

I'm sorry if my last post sounded a bit harsh.

 

I think it's a welcome addition to have some people around coming from a different background gaming wise. 
He seems to know Dynablaster quite well and hasn't played any of the original Intellivision games, so that's a different approach and perspective. 

 

I don't like it, too, when someone asks a question and repeats that question no matter if it has been answered before (which isn't the case here AFAIK) even if different members of the forum already had a take on it. 

 

Absolutely agree with everything you said about dictation. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Amico related but Tommy related:  My wife decided yesterday that she has a hankering for Walburgers.  Well, we are about to jump in the truck to drive to Springfield, MA for lunch because that is the closest one to us.  Two hours away!  There used to be one an hour away in Danbury, CT, but it closed down during the pandemic.  We will make the trip worthwhile (in my eyes) by then heading up to New Hampshire for a booze run since we are up that way anyway.  They have those wonderful tax free state run liquor stores up there where they always have sales.  Maybe we will also hit the Dr. Seuss museum too…..happy wife happy life😃.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2021 at 9:10 AM, Pac in Blac said:

If this is the case I'll be supporting Intellivision that much harder come release. Buying up games, gift cards, sharing your videos on social media, making my own videos/playthroughs, whatever it takes to make up the difference. :)

 

❤️❤️❤️

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, Starpaddler said:

@Tommy Tallarico

 

2 quick questions, if you are okay with revealing:

 

1) Will any of the 8 physical products be available for order and delivery before Christmas, regardless if the console is available for launch?


It depends on when are initial launch date will be.  It also depends on when we feel the best time to announce how physical media works.

Obviously we wouldn't want to ship something that people don't know what it is, so there are a lot of timing things still way up in the air.

But yes... in a perfect world it would be great to announce and show everything before Christmas and get those on sale and out to everyone.

 

 

On 9/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, Starpaddler said:

 

2) Have you thought of reserving “Party” for any (and all) games over 4 players as a convention, so that consumers can quickly differentiate titles when looking for entertainment for larger groups?  


Absolutely!!  It's a big part of our UI actually.  So there will definitely be no confusion there.  :)

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JasperAK said:

Which leads me to ask, Tommy, are there any games in the pipe that deal directly with coding. I'm also two seconds away from getting Game Builder Garage for her.


Only on the drawing board... nothing in development just yet (although we've had multiple talks with some super talented studios who are in that space).

 

 

The ideas we have are really super unique and haven't really ever been done before.  And would DEFINITELY benefit people of all ages and is consumer friendly as it could get!

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Okay, I know if you have to ‘splain a joke it wasn't funny to begin with, but as this one didn’t garner any laughs, thinking it may have gone over people’s head.  
 

The part about liking the game is 100% legit, but you all do realize Skiing is a pack-in, right?


OK... I gotta admit... that one even went over my head!

Hahhaha!

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 6502wrangler said:

 

Fair point on the custom stuff. Best of luck getting the Amico out the door. I'm looking forward to playing it!


Thanks!

I appreciate the support.

I look forward to you (and the rest of the world) playing it as well!! 

:)

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saldo said:

Not Amico related but Tommy related:  My wife decided yesterday that she has a hankering for Walburgers.  Well, we are about to jump in the truck to drive to Springfield, MA for lunch because that is the closest one to us.  Two hours away!  There used to be one an hour away in Danbury, CT, but it closed down during the pandemic.  We will make the trip worthwhile (in my eyes) by then heading up to New Hampshire for a booze run since we are up that way anyway.  They have those wonderful tax free state run liquor stores up there where they always have sales.  Maybe we will also hit the Dr. Seuss museum too…..happy wife happy life😃.


OH MY!!!

Kiss the ground for me! 

I'll actually be back there in November for my 35th High School reunion!!

A few blocks down from the Dr. Seuss museum in downtown (which was the big Italian section of Springfield from the 1940's - 1980's)... there is an Italian pasty shop called La Fiorentina.  In fact, they are celebrating their 75th year in business in 2021!

PLEASE go there and get a bunch of cannolis!  I swear.. you will thank me later.

 

https://www.lafiorentinapastry.com/about-us

It's the one on Main Street.

 

Just look at this!
https://www.lafiorentinapastry.com/pastry

 

The eclairs are to die for as well.

And please post some pics of your journey!  Taking pics with the life-sized Seuss character in bronze outside the museum is also an epic pic!

 

And if you can find a Friendly's... get the Butter Crunch ice cream!  I would also combine it with the Mint Chocolate Chip.

 

And because it's summer, you may be able to find one of these and share a slice!

https://stopandshop.com/groceries/frozen/ice-cream-novelties/ice-cream-cakes/friendlys-wattamelon-roll-watermelon-lemon-sherbet-58-oz-box.html

❤️

 

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starpaddler said:

For those on the US, Happy Labor Day Weekend!


Back at ya!!

❤️

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...