Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

After spending some time lately with Microsoft’s customer service, which I firmly believe is the absolute worst that I’ve encountered to date, it made me wonder – what’s your guys plan regarding customer service options?  

 

Phone call to speak to a live agent?  
Virtual chat with live agent?  
Email?  
Chatbot with “virtual assistant?”

 

 

I’m not sure what Microsoft is thinking, but live calls are “on hold due to unusually high call volume” then just disconnected after a long wait.   And “chat” options seem to be connecting me to another Xbox user, not even a tech rep, unless I’m missing a detail.  Here’s a copy n’ paste from a different thread

 

 

So I’ve been trying to fix the super slow download speeds on my Series X (link here if anyone happens to have a solution)

 

My calls with their support number over the past few days have 100% been disconnected after waiting “due to unusually long hold times”

 

So I decided to try their chat option.  Best I can tell (and I could totally be misunderstanding what’s going on here) it’s not even using a customer service / tech support agent --- seems to have routed my question to another xbox user and said I’d receive an answer soon.   When I got a reply a couple of hours later, they asked me to check my network connection.   Did that, posted the results, waited.  Waited.  Waited.  Gave up after no reply.  

 

I got a reply 4 hours later asking me to power the system off, wait 15 minutes, and back on again.  WTF?

 

Is this the new normal for their customer service?


 

I sure hope this isn't' the new normal.


 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

For those on the US, Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Same here! It's a real shame that I'm scheduled to work on Labor Day itself, though. How ironic!

On 9/4/2021 at 10:44 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

39075468_received_101543839322670072.thumb.jpeg.9a475334e5a765b8456411c86a218d8f.jpeg
 

That's me and my wife at the former Lego HQ in Enfield, CT.  They moved out of the building a few months ago, but I grew up around there and have a LOT of childhood friends who work at corporate and are big supporters of what we're doing with Amico.

I'll just leave it at that for now.

 

:)

If this means what I think it does, then awesome! I had thought that WB Games held the overall LEGO license, considering almost every LEGO game goes through them.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This article mentions something about AA console game development getting too expensive.

 

https://nordic.ign.com/playstation-5-1/49395/news/former-playstation-boss-shawn-layden-reveals-he-left-the-company-to-avoid-burnout

 

 I think this proves that the Amico is not only wanted - but needed in the video game world.

Edited by Friendly Amico
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, Swami said:

Or replace toy with bread in my experience. 

Garbage bags, juice, and water filters where I am. How are all the major stores wiped out of trash bags???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

After spending some time lately with Microsoft’s customer service, which I firmly believe is the absolute worst that I’ve encountered to date, it made me wonder – what’s your guys plan regarding customer service options?  

 

Phone call to speak to a live agent?  
Virtual chat with live agent?  
Email?  
Chatbot with “virtual assistant?”
 


That would be a question for Kevin Strom who is our VP of Customer Experience. 

I'm never typically in those meetings, but I know him and his team have been working hard on implementing things.

I believe it's going to be all of those things (from hearing bits and pieces here and there) but I wouldn't feel comfortable confirming any of them.

If you want to send an e-mail to [email protected], they'd be able to answer it I'm sure.

 

Thanks!  Good question.

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 12:55 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:


That would be a question for Kevin Strom who is our VP of Customer Experience. 

I'm never typically in those meetings, but I know him and his team have been working hard on implementing things.

I believe it's going to be all of those things (from hearing bits and pieces here and there) but I wouldn't feel comfortable confirming any of them.

If you want to send an e-mail to [email protected], they'd be able to answer it I'm sure.

 

Thanks!  Good question.

 

 

So you're not going to personally answer ever call? Right, I want my deposit back ..

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2021 at 7:55 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:


That would be a question for Kevin Strom who is our VP of Customer Experience. 

I'm never typically in those meetings, but I know him and his team have been working hard on implementing things.

I believe it's going to be all of those things (from hearing bits and pieces here and there) but I wouldn't feel comfortable confirming any of them.

If you want to send an e-mail to [email protected], they'd be able to answer it I'm sure.

 

Thanks!  Good question.

 

 

Side note to this...I've dealt with Intellivision's customer service on 3 occasions...tip top! The whole team is stellar and Kevin is a great guy. You'll be cared for :) 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2021 at 5:24 PM, JasperAK said:

On my Xbox360, I loved playing Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim. Easily over a hundred hours on Skyrim. Blasted that number away with the kids on LEGO Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and now on Marvel. We've bought Harry Potter for the Switch and are eagerly awaiting 31. December when the new LEGO Star Wars comes out. Oh and Minecraft. Fuck Minecraft. That game has taken more time away from me than reading the nonsense in this thread. 😛 And now that my daughter has learned how to use the Command Blocks, fuck, I never get to play anymore.

 

Which leads me to ask, Tommy, are there any games in the pipe that deal directly with coding. I'm also two seconds away from getting Game Builder Garage for her.

The Lego series of games were simply some of the best, well-made and thoughtful games on PC/Console to date.  Fun for both kids and adults, they provided hours of good times for my daughter and I.  We especially love and still play Pirates of the Caribbean.  If not for the game, but to battle the hell out of each other.  What a total blast!   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

The Lego series of games were simply some of the best, well-made and thoughtful games on PC/Console to date.  Fun for both kids and adults, they provided hours of good times for my daughter and I.  We especially love and still play Pirates of the Caribbean.  If not for the game, but to battle the hell out of each other.  What a total blast!   

Now if only the LEGO Harry Potter allowed dueling between players instead of just characters in the stages.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

 

This is sooooooooooooooo good...PandaSub if you're reading this...I can feel the love you put into these things. I laughed, was challenged, and sadly got 100%...indeed I need to get out more :) 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2021 at 1:24 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

A few blocks down from the Dr. Seuss museum in downtown (which was the big Italian section of Springfield from the 1940's - 1980's)... there is an Italian pasty shop called La Fiorentina.  In fact, they are celebrating their 75th year in business in 2021!

PLEASE go there and get a bunch of cannolis!  I swear.. you will thank me later.

Tommy - unfortunately I did’t read this post until after I got back home. La Fiorentina is only 2 blocks south of Walburgers which is on the corner of Union and Main.  We didn’t get out of Walburgers until after 2pm and the bakery closed at 2 since it was Sunday.  Needless to say the pastries on the website look amazing!  It will be on our list to visit when we are in West Springfield for the North East RV show at the Big E in February.  
 

Friendly’s is also a place we hit when we go to the RV show.  My personal favorites are the vanilla Fribbles and the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup sundae.  We don’t have any Friendly’s local to us anymore so it always brings back great memories when we go.  In college my best friend was a manager of one so many perks were had back them!
 

We ended up only getting to the Dr Seuss sculpture garden.  No selfies, for some reason the sculptures were roped off with a sign saying they were too hot to get close to.  I guess the bronze gets hot in the sun, but it was cloudy and raining?!  Here are 2 pics I did snap: 

5676BF4B-3C61-47DD-A6F0-9855AEAAD824.jpeg

E87CF8F5-EBEE-4DAD-A75E-70479DB85F46.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Wren said:

This is sooooooooooooooo good...PandaSub if you're reading this...I can feel the love you put into these things. I laughed, was challenged, and sadly got 100%...indeed I need to get out more :) 

 

 

Glad you liked it.  I thought it was neat too.  I did the Intellivision round 1 video and got all 5 questions correct.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Glad you liked it.  I thought it was neat too.  I did the Intellivision round 1 video and got all 5 questions correct.

I did as well. There should be more things like this….maybe this could be fleshed out and made into an Amico title?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 8:34 PM, MantaNZ said:

So you're not going to personally answer ever call? Right, I want my deposit back ..


Considering that you are located in New Zealand and I absolutely LOVE that place... I'll be making personal house calls on any issues that may arise.

 

:)

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, The Wren said:

Side note to this...I've dealt with Intellivision's customer service on 3 occasions...tip top! The whole team is stellar and Kevin is a great guy. You'll be cared for :) 


Thank you for noticing and mentioning!

 

Everyone at Intellivision is so passionate for the company and the product and it really shows in every aspect of what everyone does.

And we feel a lot of that love and passion will be noticeable and present in the product as well. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2021 at 4:29 AM, IMBerzerk said:

The Lego series of games were simply some of the best, well-made and thoughtful games on PC/Console to date.  Fun for both kids and adults, they provided hours of good times for my daughter and I.  We especially love and still play Pirates of the Caribbean.  If not for the game, but to battle the hell out of each other.  What a total blast!   


I haven't played that one yet.  Will need to check it out!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

 


How great was this?!?!!

So much fun and super creative and unique.

I got a perfect score, but considering I picked Intellivision and Video Game Music as two of the categories... I probably had a slight advantage.


Score: 13
Intellivision: 5
Red curtain: 3
Video Game Music (Mike Mullis): 5

This definitely deserves more views.  Will be sharing it on social media today.  Others should do the same!

 

Does anyone post on the Atari Age Facebook group?  This would be a good one to put in there!

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Saldo said:

Tommy - unfortunately I did’t read this post until after I got back home. La Fiorentina is only 2 blocks south of Walburgers which is on the corner of Union and Main.  We didn’t get out of Walburgers until after 2pm and the bakery closed at 2 since it was Sunday.  Needless to say the pastries on the website look amazing!  It will be on our list to visit when we are in West Springfield for the North East RV show at the Big E in February.  
 

Friendly’s is also a place we hit when we go to the RV show.  My personal favorites are the vanilla Fribbles and the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup sundae.  We don’t have any Friendly’s local to us anymore so it always brings back great memories when we go.  In college my best friend was a manager of one so many perks were had back them!
 

We ended up only getting to the Dr Seuss sculpture garden.  No selfies, for some reason the sculptures were roped off with a sign saying they were too hot to get close to.  I guess the bronze gets hot in the sun, but it was cloudy and raining?!  Here are 2 pics I did snap: 

5676BF4B-3C61-47DD-A6F0-9855AEAAD824.jpeg

E87CF8F5-EBEE-4DAD-A75E-70479DB85F46.jpeg



Ahh!!   Thanks for the memories!!

The Big E!!!  Love that place!  Especially when the fair is on of course!

 

What kind of RV do you have?  Fifth wheel or Motorhome?

Not too many people know what a Fribble is!  Hahahaha!!  How about a Jim Dandy!  :)

 

Yes!  Definitely make sure to check out La Fiorentina.  You won't regret it!

Glad your trip went well.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy,

 

I know this isn't the focus right now, but will there be any new merch in the IE shop at some point?  I've been checking regularly and haven't seen anything added.  Hopefully that will change between now and next year.  Again I know it's not important but it would be nice to see some new stuff when possible.  Anyway, I look forward to when the Amico gets released.  Keep working hard to reach that goal and perhaps we still get the soft launch for the preorders before the years ends.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Glad you liked it.  I thought it was neat too.  I did the Intellivision round 1 video and got all 5 questions correct.

 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bouchard said:

I did as well. There should be more things like this….maybe this could be fleshed out and made into an Amico title?

Get Tommy to play the host.. :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/6/2021 at 11:34 PM, MantaNZ said:

So you're not going to personally answer ever call? Right, I want my deposit back ..

He may have to.   That might be part of the plan that Kevin and team have come up with.  Tommy's not in those meetings to vote against it, so joke's on him!

 

 

On 9/5/2021 at 8:55 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:


That would be a question for Kevin Strom who is our VP of Customer Experience. 

I'm never typically in those meetings, but I know him and his team have been working hard on implementing things.

 

 

See?  When you're tied to a desk working customer service, nobody to blame but yourself.  🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, woobman said:

Get Tommy to play the host.. :)

Or I could be the host.  Lol.  If there was a game show type game about Intellivison, I would host it.  I recall Tommy wanting to have a game on Amico with Intellivision Master name.  I suggested the idea a while back that if such as game were possible, it would be a game show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...