Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Ahh!!   Thanks for the memories!!

The Big E!!!  Love that place!  Especially when the fair is on of course!

What kind of RV do you have?  Fifth wheel or Motorhome?

Not too many people know what a Fribble is!  Hahahaha!!  How about a Jim Dandy!  :)

Yes!  Definitely make sure to check out La Fiorentina.  You won't regret it!

Glad your trip went well.

Jim Dandy:

5 scoops of instant brain freeze... bananas, marshmallows, fudge, strawberry sauce, nuts, whipped cream and sprinkles.  A colossal mountain of enough sugar to power a school bus full of 7 year olds for two weeks... 

The best Sundae on the planet... courtesy of your local Friendly's Ice Cream Shoppe.

Bring back the 80s!!!   

JD.jpg

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I haven't played that one yet.  Will need to check it out!

In my opinion, its the best version.  I have them all including Marvel and LOTR.  It's all the fun little things to unlock in PotC that makes it so much fun. 

The "lobby" is FULL of all kinds of things to unlock that you need characters from each section of the game.

• Like 2

I have a question for Tommy. I assume you would know by now if there is any chance that the Amico will come out by Christmas in ANY quantities. I’m assuming no but it would be nice to hear a definitive answer from IE. if that’s the case, is the launch date completely unknown at the moment ? If it is not releasing before Christmas, will you announce a definitive launch date before the end of the year ? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Ahh!!   Thanks for the memories!!

The Big E!!!  Love that place!  Especially when the fair is on of course!

What kind of RV do you have?  Fifth wheel or Motorhome?

Not too many people know what a Fribble is!  Hahahaha!!  How about a Jim Dandy!  :)

Yes!  Definitely make sure to check out La Fiorentina.  You won't regret it!

Glad your trip went well

So we have a 27ft travel trailer which we bought in 2014.  We are a couple years off from paying it off and will be looking to upgrade once we do, which is a big reason for going to the RV show.  The one we have now has bunks for the kids, but they aren’t kids anymore.  One has her own camper with her boy friend, one just comes to visit for the day when we camp local and one is in Ohio so she isn’t around.  That said we are looking to get rid of the bunks and get one with more living space, but not necessarily bigger in length.  I do like the idea of a fifth wheel which allows for a larger length, but the overall tow length stays the same since some of it is over the truck bed.  

Jim Dandys are OK, but I was never big on banana splits.  Reese’s PBCs are my go to candy so that sundae is my fav.  We go to the RV show for 2 nights so that we give us time to hit the bakery.  The Friendly’s we go to is about a mile down the road from the Big E.  We also hit a restaurant called Lattitude which is right across the street from the Big E, fantastic place. Never had a bad meal there yet, I highly recommend it.

Now back to Amico.  The challenges IE is facing with the final component sourcing has got to be nerve wracking to say the least.  I have faith you will eventually get the manufacturing started even if it has to be pushed to next year.  I am still patiently awaiting my two VIPs.  BTW, is that waiting list for the Founders Edition still around and if so how long is it? Just wondering if there is chance of getting a FE.  Also, I do have a question if you are able to answer it.  How has the delay affected you orders/relationship with the retailers you have lined up? Are they still on board or are they getting antsy?

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Saldo said:

Reese’s PBCs are my go to candy so that sundae is my fav.

Reese's peanut butter sundae, 2 scoops of mint chocolate chip, 2 scoops of butter crunch, with peanut butter topping. 

I can feel the 'beetus creeping in just by reading it. But my wife (then gf) put away a lot of those, usually under the influence lol. Man, what fun!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, woobman said:

Get Tommy to play the host.. :)

I freaking love this game. I adore the 3do and it's unique titles.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Saldo said:

I have faith you will eventually get the manufacturing started even if it has to be pushed to next year.  I am still patiently awaiting my two VIPs.  BTW, is that waiting list for the Founders Edition still around and if so how long is it? Just wondering if there is chance of getting a FE. 

I second that. @Tommy Tallarico I would even consider trading two VIP pre-orders for one Founders Edition. 

• Like 4

On 8/31/2021 at 11:57 AM, IMBerzerk said:

Whoa... thank God I still use my incandescent Flower light strands from back in the 80s.  They still sell the bulbs and they're super easy to fix.  China's not gonna screw-up my Retro Xmas tree anytime soon!!

Actually since more high tech displays have gotten popular, some people are going back retro - so you are back in fashion again!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Jim Dandy:

5 scoops of instant brain freeze... bananas, marshmallows, fudge, strawberry sauce, nuts, whipped cream and sprinkles.  A colossal mountain of enough sugar to power a school bus full of 7 year olds for two weeks... 

The best Sundae on the planet... courtesy of your local Friendly's Ice Cream Shoppe.

Bring back the 80s!!!   

JD.jpg

I am blaming any near future weight gain on you and that picture - looks delicious!

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I know Tommy said that there will be Amico soundtracks.  I look forward to those.  The music in the new Astrosmash sounds good.

Me too, the music and how it is integrated into the games is awesome. Looking back games with great music were pretty few & far between but I think the Amico is going to launch with several in that category

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Only on the drawing board... nothing in development just yet (although we've had multiple talks with some super talented studios who are in that space).

The ideas we have are really super unique and haven't really ever been done before.  And would DEFINITELY benefit people of all ages and is consumer friendly as it could get!

Second the motion on loving to see something like that, maybe a simple game designer or a game based on simple coding (like programming fighting robots or something). Technology is such a huge part of our lives the need to learn about it is right up there with three R's: read'n, 'riting & 'rithmetic ;) )

• Like 6

On 9/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

I know this isn't the focus right now, but will there be any new merch in the IE shop at some point? 

Yep.  I don't have a schedule though.  Not really my area.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Jim Dandy:

Bring back the 80s!!!   

JD.jpg

THE GREATEST!!!

Amazing pic!

This is exactly why I say I'm vegan about 95% of the time.  5% vegetarian when walking into Friendly's, an Italian bakery/pastry shop, my mom's house or anywhere in Italy & France.

:)

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Cranker said:

I assume you would know by now if there is any chance that the Amico will come out by Christmas in ANY quantities.

You assumed incorrectly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Saldo said:

Now back to Amico.  The challenges IE is facing with the final component sourcing has got to be nerve wracking to say the least.  I have faith you will eventually get the manufacturing started even if it has to be pushed to next year.  I am still patiently awaiting my two VIPs.  BTW, is that waiting list for the Founders Edition still around and if so how long is it?

I'm not exactly sure at this point.  I know it was over 300+ last time I heard.  We definitely want to know who is interested in a Founders though, so please e-mail [email protected] to at least get on the list.

12 hours ago, Saldo said:

Also, I do have a question if you are able to answer it.  How has the delay affected you orders/relationship with the retailers you have lined up? Are they still on board or are they getting antsy?

They have all been great.  They TOTALLY understand the worldwide situation and we are only one of many companies that is having the same issues.  But they have been extra nice to us knowing our particular challenges of being a "pre-revenue start-up" and knowing how many amazing things we've have accomplished during such a horrible time over the past year and half.  When other bigger revenue companies were unfortunately folding and going out of business... we were growing. 

They also LOVE the system and have playing games on it for over 2 years.  They are always amazed at the progress... but more importantly, how incredibly fun it is and how many people enjoy playing it within minutes of turning it on.

They've all been great. 

It's taken a lot of hard word from a lot of great people to get to where we are today.  So proud of everything that everyone on the team has accomplished so far.

• Like 12

12 hours ago, popsicle said:

Reese's peanut butter sundae, 2 scoops of mint chocolate chip, 2 scoops of butter crunch, with peanut butter topping. 

I can feel the 'beetus creeping in just by reading it. But my wife (then gf) put away a lot of those, usually under the influence lol. Man, what fun!

Now you're talking!!

My 2 favorites have always been mint chocolate chip & butter crunch.  Really amazed that other places don't have butter crunch or something similar.  I certainly haven't found a place in California yet.

But looking forward to diving in when I go back east in a few months!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

You assumed incorrectly.

Ok but what about the rest of my questions. This was only part of my post . Thx 🙏 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cranker said:

I have a question for Tommy. I assume you would know by now 

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

You assumed incorrectly.

15 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Ok but what about the rest of my questions. This was only part of my post . Thx 🙏 

Maybe my reading skills are crap, but seems to me like he told you pretty clearly he doesn't know. 

The rest of your questions (in that post) could only be answered confidently if he already knew.  2nd question assumed the answer to #1 was "no" and the 3rd was a hypothetical that also seemed to assume "no" to the first as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Maybe my reading skills are crap, but seems to me like he told you pretty clearly he doesn't know. 

The rest of your questions (in that post) could only be answered confidently if he already knew.  2nd question assumed the answer to #1 was "no" and the 3rd was a hypothetical that also seemed to assume "no" to the first as well.

I was literally just thinking the same thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Back before the interwebs. Back when you had to get your gaming news on a monthly basis... In the dark ages. I was reading an old issue of Electronic Games (Winter 1981).  To be fair.. I was reading it online.. So not the original paper copy. Enjoying all the fun ad's. Good articles.  Lots of "Wow, I remember that" moments.  I came across the below little article.  I thought you all would like to read it.

image.thumb.png.0cece33aac1c3727124794483b196435.png

I believe that this is the first mention of an Easter Egg in any major magazine. I could be wrong. I know I will be corrected if so.

It got me thinking: With Adventure coming to Amico,  would you rather see a "dot" for your character.? Running man? Or something else? 

ALSO -  Will there be Easter Eggs in games? WTBS?tm

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, woobman said:

It got me thinking: With Adventure coming to Amico,  would you rather see a "dot" for your character.? Running man? Or something else? 

ALSO -  Will there be Easter Eggs in games? WTBS?tm

I want to see a triangle.  Lol.  But seriously, a Running Man character would be fine or something original.  Also, I think Tommy mentioned that there would be Easter Eggs in Amico games or at least some of them.  And yes, it would be something.  By the way, thanks for sharing the article.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, woobman said:

User choice would be best  😄  Choose your avatar... then have a Running Man, Dot, Triangle, something with a hat, etc.... 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

User choice would be best  😄  Choose your avatar... then have a Running Man, Dot, Triangle, something with a hat, etc.... 

You can choose your on avatar for adventure, but that will also be the avatar for pong and Video Olympics for consistency.😜

• Haha 2