Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

I can't for the life of me comprehend why we are even having a discussion about a release form when this is a topic that's supposed to be about a video game console.  Now I know the majority of the people in here feel the same way as they are looking forward to more information about the Amico and it's eventual release.  It just goes to show that some people will argue about anything as long as it takes the attention off the thing they don't want to see become a reality.  It's only a new video game system people, so get over it!  Are these so called "gamers" worried that there isn't enough room in the market for another video game system?  Are they worried about another "video game crash" or something?  If there is one thing this pandemic has done is shine the light on people who are supposed to act like adults, but instead choose to act like entitled, over-bearing idiots!  It's sad that people feel the need to act this way just to get a point across.  To those people, I'll just leave this for you...

QuotePics.com | Change the World | QuotePics.com

• Like 15

52 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

So it was important enough to run around and talk about it, but not important enough to read. Those two items work against each other. I’ll buy that someone might not read it, but then it is hard for me to understand why it was important for them to talk about it. 

Do you all want to have a discussion with me about the Windows 10 terms I agreed to sometime ago? I have no idea what they are about, but I can guarantee it makes them a bad company, if not criminal. 

Seemed to me the person in question was just giving his thoughts on things. He did say he like shark shark and the controls and noticed no lag. Seemed to me like he was being pretty honest about it.  I think people are taking the waiver thing too seriously.  Seemed like an honest mistake. 

Wouldn't it be something if people for and against the Amico didn't nitpick/get worked up or get overly defensive on the system? 

Meanwhile I just want to see Imagic games reimagined!!! Badly.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

Me too.  The only one shown so far was Safe Cracker.  But it's been a while since they showed it.  Not sure if there's any update for that game.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Me too.  The only one shown so far was Safe Cracker.  But it's been a while since they showed it.  Not sure if there's any update for that game.

Really want Dragonfire,  Demon Attack, and Atlantis. 

Actually I think Atlantis would make an excellent reimagining. 

• Like 7

Just now, ashtonm said:

I know Dragonfire & Demon Attack are getting re-imagined for Amico.  It would be nice to see Atlantis re-imagined as well.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

There were 2 artists that were hired. I don't know their names.  Something our art director Mike Dietz did. 

Mike also did a few of the boxes himself and directed the back and forth of the ideas that we came up with for each one.

It'd be awesome if you guys could add something to your website to credit/track the artists.  Or maybe something is included in the physical product that gives credit and fans can take over.  The box art looks great, that I've seen, and I can only imagine that people will see them decades from now, and want those "nostalgic" articles and videos where they interview the artist for some introspective.  

I see so many classic games where I'd love to hear the stories behind the boxes/labels, but nobody seems to know who's responsible.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ashtonm said:

Seemed to me the person in question was just giving his thoughts on things. He did say he like shark shark and the controls and noticed no lag. Seemed to me like he was being pretty honest about it.  I think people are taking the waiver thing too seriously.  Seemed like an honest mistake. 

I don't think it's about the person who made the initial mistake... it's the phony concerned trolls that want to always try to make something out of nothing.

Lying and misinforming is their main goal.

I think people probably find it interesting (like you mentioned) that those folks aren't talking about "no lag", games played great, etc.  And of course they won't talk about that, because it doesn't fall into their false narratives.

I think that the folks here (including myself) pointing out the absurdity isn't nitpicking or getting worked up.   It's showcasing how ridiculous certain folks are for trying to tear down other people's fun and good time in this thread.

The same few phonies who come to Atari Age (and especially in this particular thread) to try and purposely stir the pot while clutching their pearls should probably think about finding a new hobby at this point.

:)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ashtonm said:

Count on Safe Cracker, Demon Attack, Beauty & the Beast, Microsurgeon to be at the top of the list.

Ice Trek & Dragonfire in there at some point as well.

If I had to guess at which one would be out first... probably Microsurgeon.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

It'd be awesome if you guys could add something to your website to credit/track the artists.  Or maybe something is included in the physical product that gives credit and fans can take over.  The box art looks great, that I've seen, and I can only imagine that people will see them decades from now, and want those "nostalgic" articles and videos where they interview the artist for some introspective.  

I see so many classic games where I'd love to hear the stories behind the boxes/labels, but nobody seems to know who's responsible.

Great idea!

❤️

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Count on Safe Cracker, Demon Attack, Beauty & the Beast, Microsurgeon to be at the top of the list.

Ice Trek & Dragonfire in there at some point as well.

If I had to guess at which one would be out first... probably Microsurgeon.

Good to know.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I don't think it's about the person who made the initial mistake... it's the phony concerned trolls that want to always try to make something out of nothing.

Lying and misinforming is their main goal.

I think people probably find it interesting (like you mentioned) that those folks aren't talking about "no lag", games played great, etc.  And of course they won't talk about that, because it doesn't fall into their false narratives.

I think that the folks here (including myself) pointing out the absurdity isn't nitpicking or getting worked up.   It's showcasing how ridiculous certain folks are for trying to tear down other people's fun and good time in this thread.

The same few phonies who come to Atari Age (and especially in this particular thread) to try and purposely stir the pot while clutching their pearls should probably think about finding a new hobby at this point.

The nitpicking and worked up comment was meant for the anti amico crowd. Like The Greatful Dead said "what a long strange trip it's been". But I do think being defensive on everything they bring up doesn't help much. 

Anyhoo,  get that system out! That's the best way to calm it down. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

Wouldn't That Be Something?

15 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

Agreed!  Working our hardest to make it happen ASAP.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Agreed!  Working our hardest to make it happen ASAP.

👍👍

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ashtonm said:

Wouldn't it be something if people for and against the Amico didn't nitpick/get worked up or get overly defensive on the system? 

Why would you want them reimagined badly?  Why not really great?

You don't have to imagine them badly, you could just play the 2600 version!  ;)

Oh God, I hope people know I am kidding!

Just a reminder, the TI99 version of Micro Surgeon had Voice!  I think Demon Attack ( disk ) did as well.   I only had the Cart. version. :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

Why would you want them reimagined badly?  Why not really great?

You don't have to imagine them badly, you could just play the 2600 version!  ;)

Oh God, I hope people know I am kidding!

Just a reminder, the TI99 version of Micro Surgeon had Voice!  I think Demon Attack ( disk ) did as well.   I only had the Cart. version. :(

Haha! Yeah, maybe badly is the wrong way to put it. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Zee said:

Fun fact the reimagined Microsurgeon will feature Tommy in the role of patient.

I hope the game still stops above the waist!  😆

• Haha 10

I had an Intellivision friend from Washington state ask me how many of the Amico games will be one player because he will be playing his Amico by himself mostly. He preordered a Founders edition. 

I probably missed the info here,but I was hoping Intellivision Master orTommy could answer that again? Thank you for any help! 👍

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I had an Intellivision friend from Washington state ask me how many of the Amico games will be one player because he will be playing his Amico by himself mostly. He preordered a Founders edition. 

I probably missed the info here,but I was hoping Intellivision Master orTommy could answer that again? Thank you for any help! 👍

I think Tommy said that some/most Amico games will be single player.  I double checked from a post back in February 2021 and the Amico games have a single player mode.  There are no games currently on Amico that are single player only according to Tommy.  But this could've changed since it was a few months ago when he mentioned it.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

I think Tommy said that some/most Amico games will be single player.  I double checked from a post back in February 2021 and the Amico games have a single player mode.  There are no games currently on Amico that are single player only according to Tommy.  But this could've changed since it was a few months ago when he mentioned it.

I think most, if not all, include both a single player and multiplayer options; but I’m sure the individual games can be slanted heavily one way or the other. For instance, I’d believe the main game of Finnegan Fox and Evel Knievel are single player only, with some multiplayer levels added in (WRT EK, it’s a very fun addition); others like Charades and sounds like Bomb Squad, it sounds more heavily slanted towards multiplayer, but I think these are examples of the extremes, with the majority of the games more neutrally balanced for single and multiplayer.  

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

I think most, if not all, include both a single player and multiplayer options; but I’m sure the individual games can be slanted heavily one way or the other. For instance, I’d believe the main game of Finnegan Fox and Evel Knievel are single player only, with some multiplayer levels added in (WRT EK, it’s a very fun addition); others like Charades and sounds like Bomb Squad, it sounds more heavily slanted towards multiplayer, but I think these are examples of the extremes, with the majority of the games more neutrally balanced for single and multiplayer.  

Haha, but think of how much fun it would be to play charades by ourselves. "Good job me, but I'm no match for myself... I win every time..."

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Haha, but think of how much fun it would be to play charades by ourselves. "Good job me, but I'm no match for myself... I win every time..."

All of my personalities will enjoy the game... OK except that one, he's always cranky and doesn't like to participate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2