Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

If there is one thing this pandemic has done is shine the light on people who are supposed to act like adults, but instead choose to act like entitled, over-bearing idiots!  It's sad that people feel the need to act this way just to get a point across.

Governments' willingness (if not eagerness) to impose mandatory masks and lockdowns, to use vaccine coercion, as well as the constant fear mongering by politicians, the media, and big tech companies, are turning the whole world into an insane asylum, but the tribalism that we see here is nothing new.

 

I remember the "war" between Amiga fans and Atari fans. I would agree it was mostly teasing instead of the vile and the "by any means necessary" behavior that we see now, but tribalism is part of human nature. We all have a need to hate as much as we have a need to love.

 

Having said this, don't let people with vile behaviors affect you. Personally, when I feel negative emotions after seeing someone with a vile behavior, I take a time out until I don't feel these emotions anymore. After that, I try to just demonstrate calmly why what they say is either irrelevant or false. I fully agree with the thought you posted : the world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

 

Personally, I'm a big fan of Stoicism, I believe it's the greatest philosophy ever created, so if people with a vile behavior tend to affect you, I would suggest reading Meditations from Marcus Aurelius.

 

(And yes, I know what I said has nothing to do with the Amico, but it has a lot to do with these forums in general.)

  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, woobman said:

All of my personalities will enjoy the game... OK except that one, he's always cranky and doesn't like to participate.

There’s one in every crowd; and if you don’t think there is one, it’s provably you. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article.

 

https://apple.news/Amc2CEHcyQBuDuvHcrDBVWw

 

Found this quote to be vaguely familiar.

 

Fairhurst says retro hardware appeals to developers because games can be created with a team of just two or three people: “The games don’t have to be giant in scope, and they can still be fun, they can still be engaging.”

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Interesting article.

 

https://apple.news/Amc2CEHcyQBuDuvHcrDBVWw

 

Found this quote to be vaguely familiar.

 

Fairhurst says retro hardware appeals to developers because games can be created with a team of just two or three people: “The games don’t have to be giant in scope, and they can still be fun, they can still be engaging.”

 

That was a good article.  Thanks for sharing.  It is nice to actually own something.  And there's nothing like flipping the pages of a paper manual.  I liked when games had those.  I think physical Amico games will have them too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HEY!!!

THIS PAGE IS LEET!!


(If that went over your head... look it up boomers!)


😋😇🥰🙃😉🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I had an Intellivision friend from Washington state ask me how many of the Amico games will be one player because he will be playing his Amico by himself mostly. He preordered a Founders edition. 

I probably missed the info here,but I was hoping Intellivision Master orTommy could answer that again? Thank you for any help! 👍


Yes.  Most every Amico game has a single player mode.  The only one I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't is Emoji Charades.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

I think most, if not all, include both a single player and multiplayer options; but I’m sure the individual games can be slanted heavily one way or the other. For instance, I’d believe the main game of Finnegan Fox and Evel Knievel are single player only, with some multiplayer levels added in (WRT EK, it’s a very fun addition); others like Charades and sounds like Bomb Squad, it sounds more heavily slanted towards multiplayer, but I think these are examples of the extremes, with the majority of the games more neutrally balanced for single and multiplayer.  


Actually... we've designed Bomb Squad to be a single player as well!  You'll need to use two controllers at the same time with 2 hands!  And maybe even your nose.

:)

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starpaddler said:

Interesting article.

 

https://apple.news/Amc2CEHcyQBuDuvHcrDBVWw

 

Found this quote to be vaguely familiar.

 

Fairhurst says retro hardware appeals to developers because games can be created with a team of just two or three people: “The games don’t have to be giant in scope, and they can still be fun, they can still be engaging.”

 


I've had 4 different people send me or tell me about this article today.

Aside from the retro and home brew stuff, it's also interesting to remember how a younger audience has never held music, art, books or video games in their hand.  And that is only going to get worse.  Yet they are interested in doing so.

This is partly the reason why we created the physical products/games the way we did.

Best of both worlds.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

 

You mentioned there will be gameplay videos coming later this month.  Is that still happening?  


We're working on a couple of different videos over the next few weeks. 

Gameplay videos after those.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Actually... we've designed Bomb Squad to be a single player as well!

I think Scott Barrett's teaser for Bomb Squad was great. While we are waiting for the Amico, do you think you could convince him to do another video?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


We're working on a couple of different videos over the next few weeks. 

Gameplay videos after those.

 

 

Okay.  I was trying to find the post where you talked about new videos but wasn't able to.  Anyway, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Okay.  I was trying to find the post where you talked about new videos but wasn't able to.  Anyway, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

More extended gameplay footage would greatly help I believe. Especially to drum up more support. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


We're working on a couple of different videos over the next few weeks. 

Gameplay videos after those.

 

 

New stuff!! Can you  whet our appetite?  Give us a little morsel of a hint..  Something tasty... OK. Rule 1- Stop posting when I'm hungry...   Any nugget of info would be great.. Dang ... There I go again. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I've had 4 different people send me or tell me about this article today.

Aside from the retro and home brew stuff, it's also interesting to remember how a younger audience has never held music, art, books or video games in their hand.  And that is only going to get worse.  Yet they are interested in doing so.

This is partly the reason why we created the physical products/games the way we did.

Best of both worlds.

 

Hi Tommy,

 

I have a questions about the physical products: Which parameters influenced your decision when you chose the games that get a physical release among all the launch titles?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

mattel-intellivision-vintage-1980-phone.thumb.png.09a35a3daa9ef0e87db58d2710ec0534.png

OMG, leaked Intellivision classic update?
I like the use of compact design, physical media, built-in Intellivoice, and coiled wire for the funky controller
which has a microphone and speaker built-in. Obviously it's a single-player device, so must support playing
the games over a network, via dial-up. I hope the case is made of Bakelite with front-panel "bulb" lighting. 
I see also that except for the telephone cable, it's wireless, with buttons on the controller. Disc thumb pad?
It's a winner in my book. :-D Just tell me $99.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justclaws said:
7 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

mattel-intellivision-vintage-1980-phone.thumb.png.09a35a3daa9ef0e87db58d2710ec0534.png

OMG, leaked Intellivision classic update?
I like the use of compact design, physical media, built-in Intellivoice, and coiled wire for the funky controller
which has a microphone and speaker built-in. Obviously it's a single-player device, so must support playing
the games over a network, via dial-up. I hope the case is made of Bakelite with front-panel "bulb" lighting. 
I see also that except for the telephone cable, it's wireless, with buttons on the controller. Disc thumb pad?
It's a winner in my book. :-D Just tell me $99.

I was told that this is a lie and that there is lag with the controller, according to some people on U-Toob. Games and firmware are nowhere near completed. To top it off, there is a controversy that people are complaining about the physical media not really being really physical. Really.   Oh yes, lets not forget, the people that like this are cultists.. 

 

 

 

Another fine CurlyQ masterpiece!!!!

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justclaws said:

Obviously it's a single-player device, so must support playing
the games over a network, via dial-up

Please, anything but dial up.  The system/games would take forever to load.  Lol.

2 hours ago, justclaws said:

Just tell me $99.

Yes, you can have it for $99.  But wait, there's more.  If you call now, you get a second one free.  Lol.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Talerian said:

Hi Tommy,

 

I have a questions about the physical products: Which parameters influenced your decision when you chose the games that get a physical release among all the launch titles?


Great question.

Focus group popularity, internal favorites, variety across different genres and... for this first batch... who has already pre-ordered the console and who we think will be the first to pick them up.

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...