Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

2 hours ago, woobman said:

I was told that this is a lie and that there is lag with the controller, according to some people on U-Toob. Games and firmware are nowhere near completed. To top it off, there is a controversy that people are complaining about the physical media not really being really physical. Really.   Oh yes, lets not forget, the people that like this are cultists.. 

And don't forget that there is another company that also makes phones for $50 more so there is NO REASON for this one to exist!

:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, woobman said:

I was told that this is a lie and that there is lag with the controller, according to some people on U-Toob. Games and firmware are nowhere near completed. To top it off, there is a controversy that people are complaining about the physical media not really being really physical. Really.   Oh yes, lets not forget, the people that like this are cultists.. 

Another fine CurlyQ masterpiece!!!!

Yep, and its off the hook, I mean literally, so someone is trying to insinuate its a working prototype.  The thing isn't even plugged in.  It’s a fake, they’re not pulling one over my eyes!

Another great piece of art for that coffee table book!  Thanks CurlyQ! 

• Haha 13

3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Please, anything but dial up.  The system/games would take forever to load.  Lol.

No problem with system/games loading times - it takes physical media - actual Intellivision cartridges!
Dial-up via a combined 300 baud acoustic coupler and charging station in one, as per this prototype. ;-)
(No tangle of wires to your display, as I'm sure it casts the game output to a Chromecast at 60 FPS.)

phone2.jpg?w=600&h=600

Wouldn't that be a thing? ;-)

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

And don't forget that there is another company that also makes phones for $50 more so there is NO REASON for this one to exist!

:D

Yeah but with theirs you have to buy another phone to use with your friends. CurlyQ just didn't show the second handset.

Amico, bringing conversations back to the same room. 🤣

• Haha 5

Here is an interesting video about a young company called Wyze that has struggled through the pandemic and experienced many of the same issues as IE. 

FYI, I have some of their products and they are great.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Another great piece of art for that coffee table book!  Thanks CurlyQ! 

lol, every time you say that, it immediately makes me think of this...

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

15 hours ago, JasperAK said:

Yeah but with theirs you have to buy another phone to use with your friends. CurlyQ just didn't show the second handset.

Amico, bringing conversations back to the same room. 🤣

Although our processor is only a string and a pair of cans... which can't possibly be any fun.

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, NTV said:

Here is an interesting video about a young company called Wyze that has struggled through the pandemic and experienced many of the same issues as IE. 

Wow!  Thank you so much for sharing this. Such a great video. Inspirational.

I got a little too emotional watching this given what we are going through as well.

Congrats to Wyze! I'm immediately going to buy a bunch of their products today in support.

❤️❤️❤️
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Funny that I just watched this episode last night!  Hilarious!  Make sure you have fold out legs on the bottom of your book CurlyQ so it would double as a coffee table! 😄

• Haha 7

On 12/27/2019 at 10:04 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

280,000 units to start earning big... for those keeping count.   :D

Investors like their odds with Intellivision and what we've created.  :)

Since I have this particular page of the thread as my browser's bookmark, I end up coming back to this post a lot. Incidentally, of course!

At this point, I'm curious about whether this estimate has changed any, or how much it has changed.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NTV said:

Love the video.. But I have to say.. Every time I see the word Wyse... I see:

Wyse 150 Terminal with Keyboard (WY-150) | eBay

A Wyse 150 terminal. From the Dark Times....

The "terminal" I want to see come back is:

Vectrex Arcade Video Game Console Model 3000 W/Pause Button 90day Warranty  | eBay

I hope this does eventually make it out of the Willy Wonka Wish Book that Tommy carries with him...  I know there are more pressing matters at hand. Like getting the Amico out. But it's always a fun distraction to think of an updated Vectrex.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, woobman said:

The "terminal" I want to see come back is:

Vectrex Arcade Video Game Console Model 3000 W/Pause Button 90day Warranty  | eBay

I hope this does eventually make it out of the Willy Wonka Wish Book that Tommy carries with him...  I know there are more pressing matters at hand. Like getting the Amico out. But it's always a fun distraction to think of an updated Vectrex.

Yes.  We need an updated Vectrex console.  I hope it happens.  Tommy said he'll do it if the Amico is successful.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

This is a good watch. Even if you don't agree with them. Apart from a few facts being wrong, they seem to bring up mostly valid stuff.  They are also fairly decent about it. Both sort of understand the delay. One didn't know about console until the other raised the topic. One understands the price point fairly well. One had some interesting reasons why the console may not be for him. I don't think they bashed it at all. I especially liked when one of them said something along the lines of "I'm glad they got away from the blocky graphics".  At one point one of them made  a remark about re-imagining games unnecessarily. I thought about some of the remakes in the past that were ... Not good.  I may not agree with it, but I can respect them for their opinion. Especially some of the remakes they have done over the years.   

Crud.. According to some that have been on the forum, and on youtube, we are supposed to blindly follow. And we are supposed to bash anyone who says anything remotely negative about the Amico..  THEY SUCK!!... 

Hope that makes some people out there feel better.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, NTV said:

I'll second. I have a couple of their cams, easy set-up, and so far dead reliable. 

I might be a shill.🤠

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, woobman said:

This is a good watch. Even if you don't agree with them. Apart from a few facts being wrong, they seem to bring up mostly valid stuff.  They are also fairly decent about it. Both sort of understand the delay. One didn't know about console until the other raised the topic. One understands the price point fairly well. One had some interesting reasons why the console may not be for him. I don't think they bashed it at all. I especially liked when one of them said something along the lines of "I'm glad they got away from the blocky graphics".  At one point one of them made  a remark about re-imagining games unnecessarily. I thought about some of the remakes in the past that were ... Not good.  I may not agree with it, but I can respect them for their opinion. Especially some of the remakes they have done over the years.   

Crud.. According to some that have been on the forum, and on youtube, we are supposed to blindly follow. And we are supposed to bash anyone who says anything remotely negative about the Amico..  THEY SUCK!!... 

Hope that makes some people out there feel better.

Amico Shill jumps the fence, NOW states “THEY SUCK!!” - NEWS at 11:00

I’m curious, is this a little too close to reality to be funny?  

BTW, I’ve got an outdoor Alexa enabled Wyze smart power strip hooked up in the office; in fact its hooked up to my wife’s Moon Patrol Marquee Award, so its now voice controlled (well at least on and off).   Works great and was priced right.  Brand is a ‘recommend’ by me as well. 

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starpaddler said:

Amico Shill jumps the fence, NOW states “THEY SUCK!!” - NEWS at 11:00

I’m curious, is this a little too close to reality to be funny?  

BTW, I’ve got an outdoor Alexa enabled Wyze smart power strip hooked up in the office; in fact its hooked up to my wife’s Moon Patrol Marquee Award, so its now voice controlled (well at least on and off).   Works great and was priced right.  Brand is a ‘recommend’ by me as well. 

The Wyze camera does look good. I didn't know they existed until the video. I will always think of the terminal when I say the name though. Had to swap out too many of them for dead CRTs. 

Congrats again on the Marquee!!!

Edited by woobman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

You know, instead of a coffee table book, why not team up with Tommy and make some coasters? Perhaps a bit simpler and actually practical. If anything they would make interesting conversation pieces that could help promote the Amico.

Side note: Tommy, we need pint glasses with Intellivision box art on them.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

You know, instead of a coffee table book, why not team up with Tommy and make some coasters? Perhaps a bit simpler and actually practical. If anything they would make interesting conversation pieces that could help promote the Amico.

I vote for sippy cups and lunchboxes. Get 'em young.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JasperAK said:

I vote for sippy cups and lunchboxes. Get 'em young.

Considering our target audience, yeah... I'm thinking sippy cups might have a better chance than pint glasses... but ya never know!

BOTH would be the best answer!

:)

• Like 5

15 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Coasters that look like the original Intellivision disc and the new Amico disc would be pretty awesome actually!

• Like 6