Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Tommy,

There are 2 beat'em ups in the Amico game list.  One is Bad Dudes, the other is Kung-Fu Master.  Since there is no violence allowed on the Amico, what is your plan for these 2 games?  Perhaps it's too early to know at this point.  Just thought I would ask anyway.  🙂

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

There are 2 beat'em ups in the Amico game list.  One is Bad Dudes, the other is Kung-Fu Master.  Since there is no violence allowed on the Amico, what is your plan for these 2 games?  Perhaps it's too early to know at this point.  Just thought I would ask anyway.  🙂

I believe he said that cartoon violence would be OK, but not violence with blood and gore etc..
There was a stated focus on 2D/2.5D, no 3D, so I guess the no-violence actually means no realistic violence?

I think the "no violence" in games rule is explained OK with the ESRB E10+ rating, explained here, for example.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gameratings

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, justclaws said:

I believe he said that cartoon violence would be OK, but not violence with blood and gore etc..
There was a stated focus on 2D/2.5D, no 3D, so I guess the no-violence actually means no realistic violence?

I remember Tommy saying he didn't want games on Amico with people attacking other people.  So, I was wondering how he would go about the beat'em style games.  The cartoon violence should be fine.  I figure with a game like Bad Dudes where you fight ninjas, but make them robot ninjas.  That way it's not a person getting beat up.  Same thing with Kung-Fu Master, have the enemies be non-human (aliens).  I know Tommy said kids might mimic the violence of people getting hit but they couldn't do it if robots were involved.  Or something like that.  I forget his exact words.  But anyway, we shall see what direction IE takes once these games get re-imagined.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 6

I always liked the robots blowing up in night stalker.

It be funny if they lost parts instead of seeing bloody bodies in games.  All fighting games are now Robots!  ;)

Bi-Planes are remote control miniatures in my backyard etc.   Bomb Squad is Super Duper Perfection.  You are old enough to remember perfection and Superfection...

I guess that makes the reimagined Microsurgeon.  Operation! BUZZZZZ   LOL

• Like 6

On 9/18/2021 at 6:58 AM, Intellivision Master said:

I was the first to post that video.  I get all the credit.  Lol.

Boost Your Credit Card IQ : NPR

Here you go...  :) You can pass go.. You can collect your Amico.. :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bouchard said:
17 minutes ago, woobman said:

Boost Your Credit Card IQ : NPR

Here you go...  :) You can pass go.. You can collect your Amico.. :)

nice……can I have my Amico early as well……😁😁

In all honesty - I think a few of the steady posters should their Amico's early. FE or VIP. Whatever they ordered.  Same with some of the 'Tubers out there.  I don't consider myself a Steady enough poster to include in that list.

-----BUT-----

To get them out for those people, I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again, if it comes down to it and you need to have some hand built.  My kids and I are 20 minutes on a bad day from the SLC office. I'm sure I could find some volunteers as well. We could have a build party!!   Full disclosure: My kids are really young adults.. But will always be my kids. :) My wife just starts working on Saturday's, so I will have some free time coming up. And I think I could get more volunteers on weekends. 

Just sayin'

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Heather Thomas

Holy crap, I totally forgot about her!  At first I thought you mistyped and meant Locklear, then I Googled her (umm, that does’t sound right!)…The Fall Guy, how could I not remember her.  Markie Post was in the Fall Guy too, sadly she recently passed away last month.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, woobman said:

In all honesty - I think a few of the steady posters should their Amico's early. FE or VIP. Whatever they ordered.  Same with some of the 'Tubers out there.  I don't consider myself a Steady enough poster to include in that list.

-----BUT-----

To get them out for those people, I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again, if it comes down to it and you need to have some hand built.  My kids and I are 20 minutes on a bad day from the SLC office. I'm sure I could find some volunteers as well. We could have a build party!!   Full disclosure: My kids are really young adults.. But will always be my kids. :) My wife just starts working on Saturday's, so I will have some free time coming up. And I think I could get more volunteers on weekends. 

Just sayin'

Count me in, and I might be able to swing my wife as well - wait, that sounded bad, but you all know what I meant 🤣

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

20 hours ago, justclaws said:

I had an original ZX81, also, but I didn't get it until later in 1982, after getting my ZX Spectrum.
My ZX Spectrum needed a repair, and was away 2-3 weeks, so I got a new ZX81, still available at retail, to fill the gap in my life. 🙂

Back then, game music was special. It could be anything you wanted, with the ZX81, because it had no sound/speaker.
After loading the game, we could just put in a cassette, and press <play>. 🙂

The ZX Spectrum music was generated by the CPU, through a piezo speaker, so it was a single "channel", but some could be OK,
and 3rd-party add-ons and later machines (e.g. ZX Spectrum+ 128) had an AY-3-8910 chip installed for multi-channel sound. 🙂

There is an add-on for the ZX81 which also updates it with sound, flash storage; perhaps it also works on the Timex T1000.
The success of the Sinclair machines in the UK, and Europe, in particular, was the way anybody could code or build for them.

Here is also a tribute to Sir Clive Sinclair; one of many created so far; an icon.

Very cool!  Thanks for the video links. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

Has it been revealed yet about the memory/storage for the Amico controller?  Also, for those that have used the controller, has anyone mentioned if the controller gets warm/hot from the battery while playing?

Controller battery doesn't get hot while playing.  Internal memory for the controllers isn't much, but it doesn't need to be and was designed like that.  At any given moment you can typically have anywhere from 8 - 12 games graphics/animations/menus, etc. stored in a single controller.  If you play a brand new game and there is no internal memory left on the controller then it immediately overwrites the game that was dormant the longest.  Users won't even know this is going on.  Internal memory in the controller doesn't really mean anything and doesn't have any kind of bearing on gameplay or anything else.  It does exactly what it was designed to do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

@DJC is AMAZING!!  I've heard the entire album (he was sending me songs as he was making them to get some feedback... which was very minimal) and all of the tracks are super cool!

A lot of folks in here are really going to appreciate them... especially the lyrics!  He worked his butt off on the album and I hope we can all support his efforts.  I'll definitely be promoting it when I can.

Super cool and talented dude!

• Like 9

On 9/17/2021 at 9:01 AM, Battlefish said:

Since I have this particular page of the thread as my browser's bookmark, I end up coming back to this post a lot. Incidentally, of course!

At this point, I'm curious about whether this estimate has changed any, or how much it has changed.

The CFO was asked this in an interview.  It has changed was his answer.  I doubt they know by how much until they know final costs.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Saldo said:

Holy crap, I totally forgot about her!  At first I thought you mistyped and meant Locklear, then I Googled her (umm, that does’t sound right!)…The Fall Guy, how could I not remember her.  Markie Post was in the Fall Guy too, sadly she recently passed away last month.

Wow... Didn't know about Markie Post..  While she did other things, I will always remember her as --  too bad it didn't get made - Electra Woman and Dyna Girl - Remake...  It's so bad.. It's bad.

Not the Kids show you remember... Not family friendly

Edited by woobman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, woobman said:

Wow... Didn't know about Markie Post..  While she did other things, I will always remember her as --  too bad it didn't get made - Electra Woman and Dyna Girl - Remake...  It's so bad.. It's bad.

Not the Kids show you remember... Not family friendly

That looks Unbelievably Bad!  I'm sure I would have watched it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not really Intellivision related, but just wanted to share a fun pic.

Great memory from 12 years ago today with good friends.  Dinner after our 2nd sold out Video Games Live show during the Tokyo Game Show.

Nintendo (Mario, Zelda) composer Koji Kondo, original Castlevania composer Kinuyo Yamashita, Ridge Racer & Street Fighter composers Ayako Saso & Shinji Hosoe.

They were teaching me how to eat with chopsticks.

I failed!

🥰🥢

137463417_Kojidinner.jpg.7b0f9217bca18cd3ca7d81911e85d029.jpg
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Incredible picture!  I wonder if any of them have heard you are releasing a game console.  Just wondered if they had any advice, etc..  I expect they would be helpful to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Not really Intellivision related, but just wanted to share a fun pic.

Great memory from 12 years ago today with good friends.  Dinner after our 2nd sold out Video Games Live show during the Tokyo Game Show.

Nintendo (Mario, Zelda) composer Koji Kondo, original Castlevania composer Kinuyo Yamashita, Ridge Racer & Street Fighter composers Ayako Saso & Shinji Hosoe.

They were teaching me how to eat with chopsticks.

I failed!

🥰🥢

137463417_Kojidinner.jpg.7b0f9217bca18cd3ca7d81911e85d029.jpg

Nobody can eat with chopsticks. That's why obesity is so rare in Japan.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

@CurlyQ - The tiny little Earthworm Jim standing on the air conditioning made me laugh out loud! I love that.

• Like 5