Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

@CurlyQ - The tiny little Earthworm Jim standing on the air conditioning made me laugh out loud! I love that.

& Oscar the Grouch. 🗑 🐲

• Like 2

Oops on the last post . I’m just dropping by and see there is not really any new Amico news or videos . I have a question. I am not expecting the console to release this year but I think it’s reasonable to ask if we can expect the launch in Q1 or Q2 2022 or later ? I think it’s a reasonable question. 

46 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Oops on the last post . I’m just dropping by and see there is not really any new Amico news or videos . I have a question. I am not expecting the console to release this year but I think it’s reasonable to ask if we can expect the launch in Q1 or Q2 2022 or later ? I think it’s a reasonable question. 

Agreed its a reasonable question; but with the state of things today, them not knowing is also a reasonable response. 

Here is a good article on the supply chain and some of its current issues and persistent lingering causes. 

https://apple.news/AexJ30TQYSlClIhIRUZ27Yg

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Agreed its a reasonable question; but with the state of things today, them not knowing is also a reasonable response. 

Here is a good article on the supply chain and some of its current issues and persistent lingering causes. 

https://apple.news/AexJ30TQYSlClIhIRUZ27Yg

But is is about supply chain to get a few thousand  units out or is it about the console not being ready ?  Either is fine but if the console is not ready to go with the games they want to launch with then the supply chain is a secondary issue . It seems obvious that it’s not ready so supply chain is probably not the main issue because if they the console is not ready then nothing can be done anyway. If it’s 6 months or a year or more away from being complete I would prefer to know. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 3:07 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

you should start to see a bunch of gameplay videos coming by late September.

Just checking to see if you're still on track for a bunch of gameplay videos, since we're into late September now. Next week, maybe?

Edited by Jacob Livingston
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

But is is about supply chain to get a few thousand  units out or is it about the console not being ready ?  Either is fine but if the console is not ready to go with the games they want to launch with then the supply chain is a secondary issue . It seems obvious that it’s not ready so supply chain is probably not the main issue because if they the console is not ready then nothing can be done anyway. If it’s 6 months or a year or more away from being complete I would prefer to know. 

Indeed.  We get considerable talk from the Amico team about the parts shortage, but it's radio silence on the topics of infrastructure, OS, and finished games. None of those last three items are affected by a parts shortage (or are affected in ways that could be easily mitigated by a PM worth their paycheck) so why we've seen no movement on those is both puzzling and concerning.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Indeed.  We get considerable talk from the Amico team about the parts shortage, but it's radio silence on the topics of infrastructure, OS, and finished games. None of those last three items are affected by a parts shortage (or are affected in ways that could be easily mitigated by a PM worth their paycheck) so why we've seen no movement on those is both puzzling and concerning.  

So what do you think the team is doing while waiting for the missing parts? 

I thought they said showing the UI is part of their marketing plan.  That reveal will likely happen after they go to manufacturing.  Until then they can tweak it as much as they want.  They've been showing games all year, including public live play.  We might see more game play this year.  Of course anything they show can change until it releases.

9 minutes ago, N0mi said:

Adding more features to the OS as they said in their announcement last month.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, N0mi said:

I really don't know.  That's why I ask.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cranker said:

If they will let you transfer it, do you want to sell me your founders edition slot?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, N0mi said:

Probably playing Fortnite, PlayerUnknown Battlegrouds, Minecraft, or one of those other "most played games in the world" type of things.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Oldfool said:

If they will let you transfer it, do you want to sell me your founders edition slot?

I let one go since I had 2 and am keeping it for the moment. I would just hope for a timeline of release date before the end of the year . 

I think it'd be a home run if the next gameplay video coming next week (if Tommy was correct on the September timeframe) showed how the controls for Cornhole were updated from the tech demo we saw in July. If it was okay to show such an early developer test, surely seeing the game fully working would be a big pay off. I think it would also do a lot to relax some people who are concerned about progress.

On another note - a friend of mine asked me something about the RFID that I thought was interesting. Typically if you purchase physical products or media it can be returned to the store if it hasn't been opened - like a PS, Switch, Xbox game. Given that the Amico physical product is RFID based which can be tapped with a gap distance of about an inch (more than the thickness of the Amico game box) - couldn't someone scan the game without opening the box and return the sealed product to the retailer for a refund? Does the contents of the physical products have some special shielding to prevent this? Maybe your RFID games also include a PIN that needs to be entered in addition to tapping? If that were the case it would be best to just purely use the code.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

couldn't someone scan the game without opening the box and return the sealed product to the retailer for a refund?

No, no they couldn’t.

5 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Yup!.. but do you see EWJ?

I did! One of my favorite "Hidden Pictures"! (If you're old enough to remember those 😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Do you have any specific information on how this is done, or just guessing?

Well, there are lots of RFID blocking things advertised for credit cards, that just seem to be a metalized pouch. I wouldn't think it would be to difficult to incorporate something like that into the packaging for a negligible cost.

Just speculation on my part, though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsmith73 said:

Well, there are lots of RFID blocking things advertised for credit cards, that just seem to be a metalized pouch. I wouldn't think it would be to difficult to incorporate something like that into the packaging for a negligible cost.

Just speculation on my part, though. 

Credit cards and Amiibos use foil stickers usually - but those are NFC based - not RFID. The same doesn't apply here. There are also 4 kinds of RFID. I assume Amico uses one of the passive types as "active" RFID requires power and would die after a few years. A little detail would be a neat update to share.

• Like 1