Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

14 minutes ago, Swami said:

I didn’t say you did. It is interesting you ignore the question, oh, demander of answers. 

Are you interested in my views on Analogue?

7 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Here's a question:

If we asked you politely to leave this thread... would you?

I'm just curious.  It's clear that no matter what anyone says, you have your own thoughts on the matter.  And that's fine. 

You are certainly entitled to you own theories on how you chose to decipher (or in this case misrepresent) our messaging.

But can we at least be honest for a second.  I blocked you on Twitter because of your continued nasty posts, messages, negativity and comments.  I don't like the way you interact with me and I think it's becoming clear that you are wearing a little thin on some of the other folks in here as well.  And although I've been nothing but respectful to you here, I'd prefer not to have any contact with you moving forward.  I hope you can respect my wishes.  So if you could be so kind as to leave me alone and not have direct contact with me, I would really appreciate it.  Please feel free to post whatever theories you want in other threads.  I appreciate that you are very interested in learning more about Amico and that you continue following us.  But I'd like to kindly request that you stay out of this particular thread if you don't mind.

Thank-you in advance.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here's a question:

When you say "we", whom are you speaking on behalf of?  I wasn't aware individual users were able to request another poster leave a thread. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

But can we at least be honest for a second.  I blocked you on Twitter because of your continued nasty posts, messages, negativity and comments.  I don't like the way you interact with me and I think it's becoming clear that you are wearing a little thin on some of the other folks in here as well. 

Your Twitter feed is your own business.  You may block people there however you see fit.  As for AA, you may not like how I interact with you, but I have made an effort to be nothing but polite, professional, and even to offer genuine advice.  If you wish to expel me from this thread as a result of that, I can't change your mind, but it's not the kind of people skills I would expect from someone in charge of a project of this magnatude.  The fact that you still want to make this personal, when I'm sticking to the discussion of the project itself, is notable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here's a question:

I'm just curious.  It's clear that no matter what anyone says, you have your own thoughts on the matter.  And that's fine. 

You are certainly entitled to you own theories on how you chose to decipher (or in this case misrepresent) our messaging.

But can we at least be honest for a second.  I blocked you on Twitter because of your continued nasty posts, messages, negativity and comments.  I don't like the way you interact with me and I think it's becoming clear that you are wearing a little thin on some of the other folks in here as well.  And although I've been nothing but respectful to you here, I'd prefer not to have any contact with you moving forward.  I hope you can respect my wishes.  So if you could be so kind as to leave me alone and not have direct contact with me, I would really appreciate it.  Please feel free to post whatever theories you want in other threads.  I appreciate that you are very interested in learning more about Amico and that you continue following us.  But I'd like to kindly request that you stay out of this particular thread if you don't mind.

Thank-you in advance.

I don't know the history on what has gone down on Twitter, but I think he was very constructive here at least. Isn't it better to just answer him than to say "Shoo, go away"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

I don't know the history on what has gone down on Twitter, but I think he was very constructive here at least. Isn't it better to just answer him than to say "Shoo, go away"?

Edit:Best not to re-add Labrat’s creepy post that mods removed

• Like 5

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

I am.  Start up a tread and let 'er rip.  I like my Analogue stuff, but always interested in hearing thoughts on things like delays, misleading claims regarding accuracy, crazy ordering systems, crazier shipping prices, that floppy-ass cartridge slot, etc etc

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I am.  Start up a tread and let 'er rip.  I like my Analogue stuff, but always interested in hearing thoughts on things like delays, misleading claims regarding accuracy, crazy ordering systems, crazier shipping prices, that floppy-ass cartridge slot, etc etc

I actually found an existing thread about the Pocket.  Hope that's okay.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/309531-analogue-pocket/?do=findComment&comment=4913758

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Anyone else excited for a carry along original Intellivision Night Stalker?

:)

Only 1 of the 12 games that will available in the Evercade: Intellivision Collection #1.

More info here:
https://evercade.co.uk/intellivision-collection-1-games-announced/

20210922_180712.thumb.jpg.70c68d8396fcc42561f7f85380cd9339.jpg

I will write a letter to Santa bring me an Evercade under my tree this year..  Along with some carts of course.  In that letter I'll ask him to put coal in some stockings... And Amicos in others.  

Looks real good Tommy!!! Can't wait to play both versions!!!

• Like 2

I love the idea of playing Night Stalker on the Evercade, I have to say I am really happy with mine and I cannot wait until the VS comes in.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, godslabrat said:

I have made an effort to be nothing but polite, professional, and even to offer genuine advice. 

You mean like that time you told me "But if you won't stay in your own thread, I am going to keep saying dumb stuff to wind you up.  Because I'm positive that'll amuse me far more than the Amico ever will."

Yes... very polite and professional. 

And here I am in my "own thread" yet you feel the need to also come here to "wind us up" as well I guess.

I just hit IGNORE USER so no need to continue your charade of questions moving forward. 

Folks, just hover over his profile and it comes right up.  Hopefully others will do the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Anyone else excited for a carry along original Intellivision Night Stalker?

:)

Only 1 of the 12 games that will available in the Evercade: Intellivision Collection #1.

More info here:
https://evercade.co.uk/intellivision-collection-1-games-announced/

20210922_180712.thumb.jpg.70c68d8396fcc42561f7f85380cd9339.jpg

Evercade is a fantastic device. Love their game collections and will get the Intellivision one(s) for sure.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

He's been answered many times by many people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

You mean like that time you told me "But if you won't stay in your own thread, I am going to keep saying dumb stuff to wind you up.  Because I'm positive that'll amuse me far more than the Amico ever will."

Yes... very polite and professional. 

The questions I have asked and the advice I have offered were both sincere.  Would you actually care to discuss the Amico?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

First off it was a reply to a post about the toxic drama which has nothing to do with the things you brought up.  As far as project delays these have been answered multiple times so allow me to list them once more for you

A global pandemic occurred which shut down California for almost a year and a half making it impossible to have staff in the building together which made it nearly impossible to finish hardware design.  We know Intellivision outgrew their original office and we’re set to move into a new one in November 2020 we also know that the first time all employees were in the office together was June 2021

Tommy mentioned a while ago that over 20 games were in final stages with optimization the only step left which is also the final step of any such project 

The pandemic has slowed shipping to a crawl and tripled or quadrupled the cost of shipping as of a week ago there were 70 cargo ships waiting off the California coast to unload when in normal operation that number is only one or two.  These types of issues will have an impact.

Intellivision is pre revenue with no product in the market so they don’t have a ton of money in the bank and have to spend wisely they can’t afford to lose money on building or shipping costs.  They need to make money on their hardware in order to help maintain the business while it gets up and going unlike the other gaming consoles who can take a massive launch up front and make it up with game sells because fury are billion dollar businesses.

The apology you refer to fits perfectly again in the context of what he was replying to and are indeed some mistakes he has made.  As far as your assertion that delays were not communicated timely I’m not sure how you think this works but Tommy can’t just on his own announce that their are discussions with suppliers, distributors, retailers, and probably more people that I don’t know about that have to happen to make such decisions we the general public get this information last and yet we got the news about the delay a month or two before the release date which is plenty ahead of time for general public I would think.  

Look like it or not a global pandemic is still ongoing which is going to effect things for a long time to come it's not like look businesses are open and it’s all fine again it’s going to take time to get some of these shortages fixed.  It will take time and it won’t be easy but given Tommy’s history with successful projects from starting his own video game audio company to the gaming audio network guild, two successful tv shows, a record holding concert series plus the amazing experienced people he has surrounded himself with I have complete faith that Tommy and Intellivision will make their dream a reality.   

Before my closing thoughts allow me to put this post into perspective for you the Reddit post you read was not about the issues you raised but rather about the drama that has gone on making Tommy’s post on the Reddit appropriate to that topic of discussion.  I don’t blame you if you didn’t read the lead post that started the discussion however I will say that by not doing so it turns your reply into something similar to what you seem to complain about. Have you not noticed that lately Tommy has not been replying to posts as much?  You know why that is? It’s explained in the post.  As much as he wants ti tell us as much as he can and likes interacting with people everything he says is ripped apart not by you specifically but by people who have an irrational hate for a video game console designed to bring more people into console gaming which you would think would be a good thing.  Expanding a market you enjoy to a wider audience should one would think be a goal to embrace.  Instead certain groups call up anyone involved with Intellivision and try to get them to pull out even venues holding family friendly events think about that for a second. On top of that death threats to himself or family or employees trying to dox people for liking a console and trying to get partners to back out is all really extreme behavior which no matter who you are is very personal and I think if you looked at it from his point of view you wouldn’t have thrown that line about don’t take it personally.  

On to my final thoughts I think too much is being made about percentage of completeness estimates on the funding page.  Look like has been stated multiple times on here by people involved with such areas have said software and operating system stuff is never “done” until time is up and some like operating system won’t ever be done until they are no longer supported would you rather they call things done and not improve them and just sit twiddling their thumbs while they wait for manufacturing and release so they could put a higher percentage of readiness on a website?  Or would you rather they use the time they have to improve the play experience of the games?  and functions available in the system when it gets released?  Since they have teams who work with different aspects of the system and games, the logistics of getting it manufactured I would think keeping everyone busy on something is the way to go thank you for your time have a wonderful day  

Thank you for reading what I wrote, understanding the context and giving a detailed response. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, imstarryeyed said:

I love the idea of playing Night Stalker on the Evercade, I have to say I am really happy with mine and I cannot wait until the VS comes in.

Yeah, it's definitely fun and my most favorite so far.  You use the dpad to control the player and the 4 buttons to shoot in direction you want the bullet to go (Up, Down, Left & Right buttons).

It works well when you're running away in one direction but want to shoot in the opposite direction you're running.

I can't wait for folks to see the way we've done the controls on the Amico version.  Very unique, cool and precise.  Uses the touch screen in a pretty unique way.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Tommy I am totally have been totally looking forward to Amico Night Stalker, from the first time I saw it I wanted to play it. 

I did not know about the tip you said looking forward to trying it out when I get my copy of it.

Now in regards to the Amico version, if you can somehow incorporate an interesting way to use those small screens on the game in a unique way that would be great... of course I would like that in all Amico games.  The Dreamcast never used it all that much, Nintendo never really used the GBA link to its full potential, here's to hoping the Amico can get the secret sauce down.. haha.

Really looking for games that can only be really enjoyed on the Amico and all other versions are "watered down" haha

• Like 5

7 hours ago, godslabrat said:

When you say "we", whom are you speaking on behalf of?  I wasn't aware individual users were able to request another poster leave a thread. 

Your Twitter feed is your own business.  You may block people there however you see fit.  As for AA, you may not like how I interact with you, but I have made an effort to be nothing but polite, professional, and even to offer genuine advice.  If you wish to expel me from this thread as a result of that, I can't change your mind, but it's not the kind of people skills I would expect from someone in charge of a project of this magnatude.  The fact that you still want to make this personal, when I'm sticking to the discussion of the project itself, is notable.

I am officially asking you to leave.  No question about it.  100%  No room for doubt.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

The questions I have asked and the advice I have offered were both sincere.  Would you actually care to discuss the Amico?

You actually make me laugh. Pretending to be interested in the Amico with advice, but your very repetitive demand of questioning (what percent done was said on what day, delay timeline from the past, physical merchandise semantics, etc) are more to try to expose Tommy as a liar, and not as advice to get the console out. I personally don’t care much about items in the rear view mirror, I am interested in what is ahead. 

I like hearing other viewpoints to get insight, but yours have digressed into the same rehash. You may not be a troll, but you are then instead a know it all. If I was more interested in know it alls, I would stare in the mirror every time I talk. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I am officially asking you to leave.  No question about it.  100%  No room for doubt.

Same here 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here's a question:

Thank-you in advance.

After reading the reddit post you made and reading some of the posts made by the trolls on here and elsewhere, I can only come to the conclusion that these people are nothing more than jealous of you. Combine that with the situation the people of the world are having to deal with (they have no control over their own lives) and the result is this toxic group of individuals, hell bent on trying to destroy someone or something for their own amusement, quite pathetic in my opinion and just attention seeking 🙄

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Oldfool said:

You actually make me laugh. Pretending to be interested in the Amico with advice, but your very repetitive demand of questioning (what percent done was said on what day, delay timeline from the past, physical merchandise semantics, etc) are more to try to expose Tommy as a liar, and not as advice to get the console out. I personally don’t care much about items in the rear view mirror, I am interested in what is ahead. 

I like hearing other viewpoints to get insight, but yours have digressed into the same rehash. You may not be a troll, but you are then instead a know it all. If I was more interested in know it alls, I would stare in the mirror every time I talk. 

Exactly my thoughts on this subject, well written 😄

• Like 9

I personally enjoy playing the original Intellivision games with my Ultimate Intellivision Flashback.  I had my original Intellivision Flashback gutted and replaced with a Raspberry Pi.  This not only allowed me to run a better emulator, but also add more games, which I purchased from the Intellivision Lives & Rocks collections.  Because the system uses an HDMI cable, I can play this on a modern HD TV.  Say goodbye to RF interference and hello to crisp HD blocky graphics! 😄 Thanks, but I will pass on the Evercade.

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here's a question:

I have to say, this request makes me feel very uncomfortable. 

I usually tend to disagree with @godslabrat , but I don't remember he did anything that would justify a ban.

It seems an odd way to try to get rid of someone asking seemingly embarrasing question. 

• Like 2