Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

22 minutes ago, N0mi said:

I have to say, this request makes me feel very uncomfortable. 

I usually tend to disagree with @godslabrat , but I don't remember he did anything that would justify a ban.

It seems an odd way to try to get rid of someone asking seemingly embarrasing question. 

Herein lies the issue.  I've read through the posts.  While he doesn't outright say stuff that is banworthy, he obviously has an agenda to annoy and irritate for the sake of doing so because it somehow amuses him.  He can deny it all he wants, but his posts scream otherwise. So the question is, do we want people who genuinely care about Amico news and ask sincere questions or are we ok with guys who are purposely "keeping it civil" while at the same time have an agenda to try and discredit and irritate other people who want real news?  I for one know the answer for myself. 

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

You mean like that time you told me "But if you won't stay in your own thread, I am going to keep saying dumb stuff to wind you up.  Because I'm positive that'll amuse me far more than the Amico ever will."

Yes... very polite and professional. 

And here I am in my "own thread" yet you feel the need to also come here to "wind us up" as well I guess.

I just hit IGNORE USER so no need to continue your charade of questions moving forward. 

Folks, just hover over his profile and it comes right up.  Hopefully others will do the same.

An excellent suggestion Tommy.  Ignore in full effect :)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I am officially asking you to leave.  No question about it.  100%  No room for doubt.

And this is why there are people so negative about the Amico. The constant attacks on any questions.  This reminds me of trying to take back a TV to Best Buy when I was younger. Because so many people return things inappropriately,  legitimate people returning something get crapped on. That is happening a lot in Amico land 

• Like 2

And this is why there are people so negative about the Amico. The constant attacks on any questions.  This reminds me of trying to take back a TV to Best Buy when I was younger. Because so many people return things inappropriately,  legitimate people returning something get crapped on. That is happening a lot in Amico lan

Yeah, exactly, that's what is happening. The people obsessed with Tommy Tallarico and an unreleased console to the point of harrassing Tommy's wife or forcing youtubers to stop talking about the Amico managed to travel to the future (today) to see the replies in this post today. So yes, @ashtonm, this, precisely, is the reason why there is so much negativity with the Amico. Time travel. 

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zee said:

Herein lies the issue.  I've read through the posts.  While he doesn't outright say stuff that is banworthy, he obviously has an agenda to annoy and irritate for the sake of doing so because it somehow amuses him.  He can deny it all he wants, but his posts scream otherwise. So the question is, do we want people who genuinely care about Amico news and ask sincere questions or are we ok with guys who are purposely "keeping it civil" while at the same time have an agenda to try and discredit and irritate other people who want real news?  I for one know the answer for myself. 

I absolutely agree with what you said about the agenda to annoy and irritate just for the sake of it, especially regarding the percentage of completion of games, hardware or the OS. 

• Like 5

On 9/2/2021 at 3:04 PM, IMBerzerk said:

If I may toss in a fun story that fits this exact response... and I hope you enjoy it as I know some of my stories are long... but stay with me...it's worth it.  LOL.

Several years ago (25) when I was a young and bright Licensed Aircraft Engineer/Certifier I was working on a 3rd Party Airline we had a maintenance contract with.  The plane, an aging 747-100 had an issue that I knew was in limits, I double checked and had the paperwork with me.  The aircraft still had a 3 member cockpit crew that included a Flight Engineer.  The FE is responsible for all operations of critical systems and is usually of exact knowledge level of a Ground Engineer (LAE) like me.   

The FE questioned my evaluation of the issue.. so I explained to him in detail why I decided what I decided and that it was within limits.  So said exchange went like this...

Me: "aircraft is good, what you have is within acceptable limits and I will notify xxx prior to your arrival to further inspect.  We don't have the time or equipment to resolve this here.  They do at your main base. where you are going.    

FE:  "well... what do you intend to do about it?"

Me: "Again, you are within limits, we don't have the equipment to conduct a proper repair here.  I will notify main base and have them properly service this issue when you arrive"

FE: "hmm... well.. what do you intend to do about it?"

Me: "uh... like I just said, here is the paperwork per the Maintenance Manual... I will inform your main base that this issue will need to be resolved as priority"

FE: "Ok.. can I ask you something?"

Me: "Yes"

FE: "If you knew about this, why are you not doing anything about it...?"

At this point, the Captain, a tenured 4 striper spun around in his seat and blasted the FE to smithereens, berating him to a level I have never seen a Captain do.

Capt: "How many fucking times does this Engineer have to tell you... there is nothing he can fucking do about this... I'm the goddamn Captain, you see these fucking stripes???  I will fly this piece of shit the way it is.  If you can't come to terms with this, give me the goddamn acceptance log, pack your shit and get the fuck off of my plane!!!"

With that... I felt like a HS Freshman standing over the Sophomore bully my older brother just beat the shit out of... I looked at the FE with the most shit eating grin imaginable.. and said...

"Well... Have a nice flight."

End of story.... the moral... don't be the asshole that keeps asking the same stupid question over and over and expect a different answer.. it just pisses everyone off.

Have a nice flig... err.. day.  LOL.

So, now I get an idea who the Captain is and who might be the FE 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

It would be nice to have a Centipede remake for Amico.  I know some Atari games are coming to Amico.  Not sure if Centipede was one of them.  This new version looks good and has different features and game modes.  I wonder how the Amico version will look and play if it gets re-imagined.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, N0mi said:

So, now I get an idea who the Captain is and who might be the FE 😁

She makes the money...I serve the coffee..  😂😆

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

It would be nice to have a Centipede remake for Amico.  I know some Atari games are coming to Amico.  Not sure if Centipede was one of them.  This new version looks good and has different features and game modes.  I wonder how the Amico version will look and play if it gets re-imagined.

Centipede is on the Atari list of games for the Amico.  Hopefully they do a great remake of it!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

Centipede is on the Atari list of games for the Amico.  Hopefully they do a great remake of it!

Okay, good to know.  Yes, I think it'll turn out to be a great remake.  If Centipede does well on Amico, perhaps Millipede can get a remake too.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Dang. There goes $10. Haha

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Anyone else excited for a carry along original Intellivision Night Stalker?

:)

Only 1 of the 12 games that will available in the Evercade: Intellivision Collection #1.

More info here:
https://evercade.co.uk/intellivision-collection-1-games-announced/

20210922_180712.thumb.jpg.70c68d8396fcc42561f7f85380cd9339.jpg

I’m looking forward to a portable version of this. Probably my favorite Intellivision game along with Old Skool, which is a bit of a Jr. Pac-man clone. Other favorites on the Evercade collection are Princess Quest, Shark Shark, Thin Ice and Pinball. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Oldfool said:

You actually make me laugh. Pretending to be interested in the Amico with advice, but your very repetitive demand of questioning (what percent done was said on what day, delay timeline from the past, physical merchandise semantics, etc) are more to try to expose Tommy as a liar, and not as advice to get the console out. I personally don’t care much about items in the rear view mirror, I am interested in what is ahead. 

I like hearing other viewpoints to get insight, but yours have digressed into the same rehash. You may not be a troll, but you are then instead a know it all. If I was more interested in know it alls, I would stare in the mirror every time I talk. 

I’m with you on this. 

• Like 4

The Princess Quest game on the Intellivision collection for Evercade looks like fun.  It would be neat to have that game on Amico.  I know Tommy said there might be homebrew games on Amico.  Hopefully we get some.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 6

I posted this in the Amico ship 2021 thread but I figured that I would post it here as well. 

I’m still anxiously awaiting the console and would like to see more updates as well but this is a trying time for many things not just video game consoles. I’m also waiting on my Evercade VS founders edition to go along with my Amico founders edition. Good things come to people who wait. Home brew games on the Amico would be great to see as well.

•  
  •  
Edited by Jeffrey Bouchard
  • Like 6

Our latest video is a quick recap of our Irvine, CA event a few weeks ago.

Our next stop is Salt Lake City, UT this weekend!

We'll be sending out the event details via e-mail if you're in the area (make sure you're signed up to our mailing list).

Hope to see some of you there!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, ashtonm said:

And this is why there are people so negative about the Amico. The constant attacks on any questions.  This reminds me of trying to take back a TV to Best Buy when I was younger. Because so many people return things inappropriately,  legitimate people returning something get crapped on. That is happening a lot in Amico land 

Putting the cart WAY before the horse! The agenda seekers proceeded the negative responses to the same few people.

2 years ago was when we asked questions and gave suggestions on the hardware and OS.   "Magellan" wants to help navigate now that the ship has reached port!

Everyone likes great thoughtful questions that maybe, no one else thought of.  At this point, new related questions and suggestions should come after using the Amico.

Game suggestions, questions about games, implementation, controller interaction etc.  are great, I like reading these and the response.

Saying the Amico sucks or TT is doing everything wrong etc. when they have never seen or touch the device is truly ridiculous.

Understand, I am not asking for a ban, or to leave AA or even the Amico Forum.  Just this thread.

I don't want his/her/it's what ever the appropriate pronoun fits... In this thread.  I want real info and fun Amico talk, CurlyQ artwork. etc.  Not BS.

Not the same question asked a hundred different ways.  When it has been answered a dozen times.

Would be in contempt of court long ago!  Asked and Answered counselor.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

What people in here seem to forget is that this isn't supposed to be a QnA thread anymore. It's supposed to be for 'Fun Amico Conversations'. If people want to keep asking the same questions over and over again, they should open a new thread every time they get an answer they don't like. See how many of the same stupid percentage threads would be opened and then eventually combined or locked. Why are these people allowed to continue with that kind of bullshit in this thread?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JasperAK said:

Before or after Williamette Valley?

Before Willamette Valley. I'm in the new Fort Boise area (the Fort Boise in 1985 Oregon Trail is the original location west of here on the Snake River).

The journey today by car from Boise to SLC half consists more-or-less of Oregon Trail. There's bridges and automobiles now, so it's easier, safer, and much faster. No need to hire a guide at Three Island Crossing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AmicoBoise said:

Before Willamette Valley. I'm in the new Fort Boise area (the Fort Boise in 1985 Oregon Trail is the original location west of here on the Snake River).

The journey today by car from Boise to SLC half consists more-or-less of Oregon Trail. There's bridges and automobiles now, so it's easier, safer, and much faster. No need to hire a guide at Three Island Crossing.

As long as you don't get dysentery.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

Putting the cart WAY before the horse! The agenda seekers proceeded the negative responses to the same few people.

2 years ago was when we asked questions and gave suggestions on the hardware and OS.   "Magellan" wants to help navigate now that the ship has reached port!

Everyone likes great thoughtful questions that maybe, no one else thought of.  At this point, new related questions and suggestions should come after using the Amico.

Game suggestions, questions about games, implementation, controller interaction etc.  are great, I like reading these and the response.

Saying the Amico sucks or TT is doing everything wrong etc. when they have never seen or touch the device is truly ridiculous.

Understand, I am not asking for a ban, or to leave AA or even the Amico Forum.  Just this thread.

I don't want his/her/it's what ever the appropriate pronoun fits... In this thread.  I want real info and fun Amico talk, CurlyQ artwork. etc.  Not BS.

Not the same question asked a hundred different ways.  When it has been answered a dozen times.

Would be in contempt of court long ago!  Asked and Answered counselor.

Maybe they or some other folks don't want you in the thread? unless someone is a moderator that's not our place to decide. People need to learn to ignore. Skip the post. Not learning to ignore in my opinion has caused a lot of the negativity around the console. And that doesn't help me get reimagined Imagic games!! And I haven't seen any yet which makes me even more sad.