Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

7 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

The Princess Quest game on the Intellivision collection for Evercade looks like fun.  It would be neat to have that game on Amico.  I know Tommy said there might be homebrew games on Amico.  Hopefully we get some.

Hey Tommy I would love to know if you have considered how homebrew or community-brew games can work on the Amico.  In my dream I would love to see the equivalent of Gary Kitchen's Game maker made for the Amico as a fun tool to get beginners tools to make a community downloadable game for others to play.

I used to chat with lots of families where young folks dream of making a game one day.

I realize that Unity is a real thing for developers but I was kind of hoping for perhaps a stop gap between fun community tools and professional tools.

I mean todays tinkerers may be tomorrows developers.

I am looking forward to play Amico games and perhaps work on a community team here on one as well!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ashtonm said:

Maybe they or some other folks don't want you in the thread? unless someone is a moderator that's not our place to decide. People need to learn to ignore. Skip the post. Not learning to ignore in my opinion has caused a lot of the negativity around the console. And that doesn't help me get reimagined Imagic games!! And I haven't seen any yet which makes me even more sad.

So you missed the Imagic Safe Craker gameplay that’s been in different videos from around a year ago?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

So you missed the Imagic Safe Craker gameplay that’s been in different videos from around a year ago?

It's been so long I've forgotten 😆

5 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Our latest video is a quick recap of our Irvine, CA event a few weeks ago.

Our next stop is Salt Lake City, UT this weekend!

We'll be sending out the event details via e-mail if you're in the area (make sure you're signed up to our mailing list).

Hope to see some of you there!

Lol.  My son just went crazy because he is on the thumbnail screenshot for this video.  He saw himself on his Roku YouTube home page just now and had to show me the video.  I wish I had his reaction on camera.  See.  Amico's not even out yet and it already made my family happy.

I don't care about all the controversy.  I only care about the 3 little kids I call mine.  It makes no difference that the console is way underpowered and the games are less developed compared to others.  My kids are legitimately excited for it and I am too.  I've read on a few posts and videos outside of AtariAge where people criticized my comments and claimed they were not genuine, but I never felt offended or bothered by it.  I just figured thier comments come from a different adult point of view while mine come from seeing Amico through the eyes of my young children.

Cool video.  I hope to see more with this family oriented vibe.  It's interesting to see that most the people on the video and at the event were either under 10 years old or over 30.  I don't think a game console has ever existed with those two age ranges being the dominant players and young 11-29 year old players being more rare.  Maybe I'm wrong on the age ranges, but the thought entered my mind anyway.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Swami said:

I’m looking forward to a portable version of this. Probably my favorite Intellivision game along with Old Skool, which is a bit of a Jr. Pac-man clone. Other favorites on the Evercade collection are Princess Quest, Shark Shark, Thin Ice and Pinball. 

And lets not forget Slap Shot Ice Hockey!!!!  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ashtonm said:

And that doesn't help me get reimagined Imagic games!!

Every day brings us closer to -Insert your favorite Imagic game here- Let the detractors say what they want. I fully expect to be playing Demon Attack. Micro Surgeon. Beauty and the Beast. Star Voyager. (I can hope on the last one). Those, plus some of my Atari favorites when it lands on my doorstep.

Every day also brings us a little closer to Earthworm Jim. :)

I look forward to seeing and playing it this weekend! Oh yeah... And meeting Tommy as well! 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Our next stop is Salt Lake City, UT this weekend!

We'll be sending out the event details via e-mail if you're in the area (make sure you're signed up to our mailing list).

I haven't received an email yet. I'm on the mailing list, but I am off in Boise, so there's that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

It would be nice to have a Centipede remake for Amico.  I know some Atari games are coming to Amico.  Not sure if Centipede was one of them.  This new version looks good and has different features and game modes.  I wonder how the Amico version will look and play if it gets re-imagined.

Looks cool, and nice that is available on seemingly every platform currently out there.  Pretty sure Missile Command Recharged is available on pretty much everything, too.  Also, I believe that more 'Recharged' versions are being planned.  Very nice as there it is good to see retro-reimagined titles out there.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AmicoBoise said:

I haven't received an email yet. I'm on the mailing list, but I am off in Boise, so there's that.

E-mail blast going out later today!

Looking forward to meeting you! (and @woobman!)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LinemanDoc said:

Lol.  My son just went crazy because he is on the thumbnail screenshot for this video.  He saw himself on his Roku YouTube home page just now and had to show me the video.  I wish I had his reaction on camera.  See.  Amico's not even out yet and it already made my family happy.

I don't care about all the controversy.  I only care about the 3 little kids I call mine.  It makes no difference that the console is way underpowered and the games are less developed compared to others.  My kids are legitimately excited for it and I am too.  I've read on a few posts and videos outside of AtariAge where people criticized my comments and claimed they were not genuine, but I never felt offended or bothered by it.  I just figured thier comments come from a different adult point of view while mine come from seeing Amico through the eyes of my young children.

Cool video.  I hope to see more with this family oriented vibe.  It's interesting to see that most the people on the video and at the event were either under 10 years old or over 30.  I don't think a game console has ever existed with those two age ranges being the dominant players and young 11-29 year old players being more rare.  Maybe I'm wrong on the age ranges, but the thought entered my mind anyway.

Thank you for stopping by and being a part of the day!

Glad your son got a kick out of the thumbnail.  :)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Hey Tommy I would love to know if you have considered how homebrew or community-brew games can work on the Amico.  In my dream I would love to see the equivalent of Gary Kitchen's Game maker made for the Amico as a fun tool to get beginners tools to make a community downloadable game for others to play.

I used to chat with lots of families where young folks dream of making a game one day.

I realize that Unity is a real thing for developers but I was kind of hoping for perhaps a stop gap between fun community tools and professional tools.

I mean todays tinkerers may be tomorrows developers.

I am looking forward to play Amico games and perhaps work on a community team here on one as well!

Yeah!  This is an idea we've had for a long time.  I've spoken about it in different interviews over the years as well.

Something probably for year 2 or 3, but definitely something we would like to explore.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, JasperAK said:

What people in here seem to forget is that this isn't supposed to be a QnA thread anymore. It's supposed to be for 'Fun Amico Conversations'. If people want to keep asking the same questions over and over again, they should open a new thread every time they get an answer they don't like. See how many of the same stupid percentage threads would be opened and then eventually combined or locked. Why are these people allowed to continue with that kind of bullshit in this thread?

Thank you for reminding certain folks.

Maybe I should start another thread called "Amico Inquisition".

:D

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thank you for reminding certain folks.

Maybe I should start another thread called "Amico Inquisition".

:D

An Inquisition into the Spanish - Reid Champagne Blog

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Was going through archives and came across this paper advert from 30 years ago that seems particularly topical to INTV's current vision and price point.

"Get the entire family together with Intellivision" - $249.95

(Of course if we factor inflation, that 80s cost today would be more like $830!)

Intellivision-Advert.thumb.jpg.4d692c7dbb89bd38e9fc28e52b7ebcbe.jpg

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Was going through archives and came across this paper advert from 30 years ago that seems particularly topical to INTV's current vision and price point.

(Of course if we factor inflation, that 80s cost today would be more like $830!)

Thanks for sharing.  I like seeing an old advert.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Amazing!!!

• Like 5

I thought the folks in here would get a kick out of this!

Was a great pleasure and honor to meet 3 time Olympic Gold Medalist Leah Amico last week.

She was part of the incredible Women's Softball team and is in the Hall of Fame!

An amazing athlete and wonderful person.

Her husband (also from Massachusetts) is Tommy.

That's right! Tommy Amico!

Ya just can't make this stuff up!

🏅🥰

20210922_203109.thumb.jpg.f7f312bb64c54122475a23078732cb06.jpg
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Was a great pleasure and honor to meet 3 time Olympic Gold Medalist Leah Amico last week.

She was part of the incredible Women's Softball team and is in the Hall of Fame!

🏅🥰

Isn't that something.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Amazing!!!

I thought so too! And that advertisement was actually from 40 years ago, I typo'd or maybe just lost track of a decade here and there. It happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jsmith73 said:

I see your History of the World reference, and raise you...

spanish-inquisition-2.jpg

Our chief weapons are.....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

🏅🥰

So we found the Amico's George Plimpton.  I mean, she is an Amico.  Truly the closest thing to the real thing!

Tommy, I have ALWAYS loved the Mattel Electronics font.  Seeing the Electronics Boutique add gave me the Christmas rush as a child!

Does IE own that or is that a Mattel property?  Got to use that somewhere if you can.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

🏅🥰

Fantastic pic @Tommy Tallarico. Speaking of medals, will you be implementing or exploring an achievement/trophy type system for Amico games? Perhaps a "Hall of Fame"? 😁

• Like 4

Maybe incorporate the font on the re-imagined titles. That would be cool and a nod to Intellivision heritage where it makes the most sense. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

With his name, I'd say he has no choice but to buy an Amico!

On another subject, even if it's not Amico related, one thing I'd really like to have is a kind of "time capsule" for the Intellivision. Here are examples of things I would like to have in this "time capsule" :

• A high quality book, with lots of photos, about the Intellivision, the games, the people behind it, etc. Of course, the last chapter of this book should be about the Amico and future of Intellivision!
  • High quality reproductions of a few promotional material that existed at the time.
  • A reproduction of the Intellivision and Intellivision II consoles, as well as the reproduction of a few cartridges (all these items scaled 1/4 or 1/3). That would be even better with a reproduction of an old TV! I don't mean working reproductions, nothing electronic, just memorabilia to display on a shelf with the book.
  • A few figurines. Two big (4 inches tall) figurines of the Running Man and the Rebel, but also several small (1 inch tall) figurines representing different games (for example, a ship from Sea Battle, the frog from Frog Bog, a tank from Armor Battle, the crown from AD&D, etc.). Personally, I would be OK with either a "blocky" style or "reimagined" style. Again, it's just to put on the shelf.
  • I don't know if any of this survived, but reproductions of manuals or hand-written notes containing technical detail about the Intellivision (that programmers had at the time), a copy of "Your Friend, The Exec", as well as the code for a few games would be amazing.

Do you think something like that could be possible?

Edited by Papy
  • Like 6