1 hour ago, jsmith73 said:

Well, you asked for it.

(Monty Python is ALWAYS appropriate)

7eb479aa39bfc15c3f5f90af15597eca.jpg

Could not agree more!!!

Spiny Norman by bhorwat on DeviantArt

• Haha 3

On 9/28/2021 at 6:53 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

We don't have a date for revealing the physical media just yet.  Lots of dates and things still up in the air.

It’s great to hear about physical media again instead of a physical product code in a box to scan. Thanks for listening! Offline lifetime use and tradability for the win. No rush for the dates to be sorted.

• Like 4

Looking forward to the day when IE announces Amico will be at their first major Mall. Think that would be a good indicator that full release is imminent. 

For those going to the Utah event, have a great time!  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

It’s great to hear about physical media again instead of a physical product code in a box to scan. Thanks for listening! Offline lifetime use and tradability for the win. No rush for the dates to be sorted.

Good trolling attempt, I give it a 7.3/10 score. However and as you probably know, the use of the term "physical media" or "physical product" does not change anything: the games will not be stored in the physical products unless Tommy changes his version.

Thanks for forcing this silly debate back into the topic, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Since this is now the Fun thread and the official release is still months away, I guess I can tell a couple of funny anectodes.

1) About a month ago, I checked the comments section of Amico Youtube videos for the last time. Why? About a month ago, I watched part of a video posted here about one of these open minded youtubers that decide to take the risk of NOT hating the Amico. I made the mistake of checking the comments section and... ta-da! The second most voted was a guy immediately recommending the Youtuber to "Check out TonyTGD, he's a very nice person". I mean, what the fork? It's funny that this small group of fanatics describe this thread as a sect... Well, at least we don't go to Playdate/Switch forums to recommend people to "check out the leader of our hater group" (not to mention forcing small youtubers fans of other consoles to stop talking about the topic via doxxing)? Damn... Imagine being that guy and reading that, he must have thought "what did I get myself into".

2) Here's an interesting story I read in another forum:

From the comments section on a T-Rex music video on YouTube, about the lead singer Marc Bolan. One YouTuber initiates a comment thread by swooping into the comments to bash the singer with an overly critical and harsh post, to which another YouTuber and Bolan fan responds:

"We can always count on [Screen name omitted by me] to show up in the comments section to snipe away at Bolan. I've asked him many times why he continues to watch videos about a man he so clearly dislikes."

Another fan adds:

"I don’t know why you bother watching these videos; you’re always having a go, badmouthing him... Don’t you have anything better to do with your precious gift of life?"

The critic responds:

"I always keep hoping I will catch some of his pre '73 brilliance . .... ..How come people get so annoyed about a minority rant about generally accepted Bolan decline ? amongst seas of "keep a little Marc in your heart" well wishers ? Maybe it only shows how truly hurt I am about his decline . Some would rather constantly read KALMiYH comments."

Sounds familiar, right? 🤓

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jsmith73 said:

Just ONE more.😁

8d805b8a9fbb41ec34e2cd3797196e6f.jpg

And here... some of the "arguments" lately do sound like this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/1/2021 at 12:18 AM, Papy said:

With his name, I'd say he has no choice but to buy an Amico!

On another subject, even if it's not Amico related, one thing I'd really like to have is a kind of "time capsule" for the Intellivision. Here are examples of things I would like to have in this "time capsule" :

• A high quality book, with lots of photos, about the Intellivision, the games, the people behind it, etc. Of course, the last chapter of this book should be about the Amico and future of Intellivision!
  • High quality reproductions of a few promotional material that existed at the time.
  • A reproduction of the Intellivision and Intellivision II consoles, as well as the reproduction of a few cartridges (all these items scaled 1/4 or 1/3). That would be even better with a reproduction of an old TV! I don't mean working reproductions, nothing electronic, just memorabilia to display on a shelf with the book.
  • A few figurines. Two big (4 inches tall) figurines of the Running Man and the Rebel, but also several small (1 inch tall) figurines representing different games (for example, a ship from Sea Battle, the frog from Frog Bog, a tank from Armor Battle, the crown from AD&D, etc.). Personally, I would be OK with either a "blocky" style or "reimagined" style. Again, it's just to put on the shelf.
  • I don't know if any of this survived, but reproductions of manuals or hand-written notes containing technical detail about the Intellivision (that programmers had at the time), a copy of "Your Friend, The Exec", as well as the code for a few games would be amazing.

Do you think something like that could be possible?

I like the figurine idea. My husband is obsessed with Castlevania and NECA made 8 bit figurines of Simon Belmont so I got him one for Christmas. I loved the idea and design and wish there were more of those things. 

I also have a blocky 8 bit vase with flowers a la Super Mario Brothers that I got from a friend. Both items are fun and different. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 4:55 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:
Anyone else excited for a carry along original Intellivision Night Stalker?

:)

Only 1 of the 12 games that will available in the Evercade: Intellivision Collection #1.

More info here:
https://evercade.co.uk/intellivision-collection-1-games-announced/

20210922_180712.thumb.jpg.70c68d8396fcc42561f7f85380cd9339.jpg

How does the Evercade make up for the lack of the numberpad? I'm thinking about games like Snafu where you need to type in which game you want to play, or how many players are playing.  I'm definitely excited for Night Stalker on the go.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Good trolling attempt, I give it a 7.3/10 score. However and as you probably know, the use of the term "physical media" or "physical product" does not change anything: the games will not be stored in the physical products unless Tommy changes his version.

Thanks for forcing this silly debate back into the topic, though.

Thanks for recognizing that. It went way over the heads at AmicoGames.com. C'mon guys :) 

• Haha 1

Tommy, I can't remember if this was discussed but is Intellivision Tennis plotted as a launch title? And follow up, would the team be developing swing/motion controls or a more traditional Virtua Tennis-esque play style? Or both? You may not be ready to announce but just curious! :)

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Great video. Well reasoned and realistic. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Great video. Well reasoned and realistic. 

Agreed, and with nearly 1/3 down thumbs currently on something like this just highlights further the swamp dwellers’ EQ.  Will be fun to see when the system goes mainstream and their voice becomes equal to that of the sound of a gnat’s wings in a hurricane.  

Legalese: Swamp Dweller does not refer to anyone disliking Amico, Tommy, IE’s mission, etc., but instead puts forth the label to those individuals who, despite their own admissions they are not at all interested in the system, continue to invest their time to seek out Amico content (often reviewing it even before fans can even get to it) and bag on it; but more specifically to those coordinating efforts to promote untruths, lies and threats against the company, CEO, employees, investors, developers, positive content creators, spouses of the above, event location holders and fans for the purpose of either their own entertainment, clicks, bro-hood echo-chamber S&G’s, etc. (you know who you are).  

99 out of 100 Amico fans approve of this message (there’s always 1).

Despite the pin-point definition of the term, 99 out of 100 swamp dwellers will think the term unfair (there’s that one again), and will see this as another example that Amico fans are mean, rude and unfair. Oh, and that we can’t take criticism against the Amico very well (almost forgot that one). 

Apologies to anyone living in swamps for lumping these low-life’s with your kind

Legalese - for definition of low-life, see swamp dwellers definition above. 

Apologies to Non-Amico related low-life’s for lumping these click whores with your kind. 

Legalese - for definition of click whore …

😉

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Both of these videos are great because both youtubers were just retro game fans with an open mind. The video above is from @Shaggy the Atarian, who owns an arcade center.

In both cases, their kids loved the machine. In the case of Shaggy, he also saw potential for the games to be ported to arcade machines.

It's funny because not only Shaggy was not one of the Amico enthusiasts of AA... He even had a couple of back and forths with Tommy (your typical "you can't be the next Wii/Of course I can dream" stuff). So I say it's funny because in person, it was thanks to Shaggy and Tommy's personal communication than a version of Moon Patrol with parts in German was shown as a "secret game". This, to me, is a great lesson of how Internet communication is damaging our relationships and creating hate (probably because it's easy to hate behind a screen?). Let's be honest: none of this Amico drama would have happened if the console was released in 1999 (we would all be trying it on kiosks and reading magazine articles about it, which admitedly was more relaxing that today's aproach now that I think about it).

To me, it was also very useful to see that both of the guys liked the controller. I'm still not totally convinced about the touch screen acting as a button, but I will have to try it to really have an opinion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

To me, it was also very useful to see that both of the guys liked the controller. I'm still not totally convinced about the touch screen acting as a button, but I will have to try it to really have an opinion.

Agreed on the state of the internet.

WRT your above, screen as a button works extremely well. 1) it’s big, so you can position your finger anywhere but most importantly to a natural position that is comfortable to yourself, not some anthropological average design; 2) it’s quick, you can really do rapid fire well with a screen as a button (assuming the game does not introduce a planned reload delay) - I’d put it at about getting 4 shots out with a screen to every one with a button (leads to some good visual on-screen destruction);  3) with using it as a button only (as opposed to mobile where it’s a button and game screen) there are no real feedback concerns in this case. 

I’m hoping that there will be some slower paced games that include many buttons for inventory, choosing responses (verbal, decisions, etc.) as well as some more like the original Intellivision games like baseball where you could pick any player at any time. Will be interesting to see their implementation on how to best make the screen work with these cases. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Ah, I saw this guy at the event, but I didn't chat with him. I might have played some Shark Shark with his kids though.

As mentioned in the other thread, I didn't realize that people hadn't really filmed the console at other events, otherwise I would have done more. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

• Like 5

On 10/1/2021 at 12:18 AM, Papy said:

On another subject, even if it's not Amico related, one thing I'd really like to have is a kind of "time capsule" for the Intellivision. Here are examples of things I would like to have in this "time capsule" :

• A high quality book, with lots of photos, about the Intellivision, the games, the people behind it, etc. Of course, the last chapter of this book should be about the Amico and future of Intellivision!

There is a book in the works by a couple of researchers.  I forget the University these guys are from but they seem very qualified.

"Your friend the exec" has been scanned and is out there.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 4