Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

16 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Proper handling of release of info to maximize success of Amico (and IE) is of most importance; and this is coming from a paying customer, BTW 

I would say that once you've passed your first delay (much less your third as of Saturday), while holding other people's money, then you've lost the luxury of being coy and withholding information.  You owe it to your customers to be up front about every detail, especially when they're asking about it.  And I see a lot of people asking about the content of those physical products.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

I would say that once you've passed your first delay (much less your third as of Saturday), while holding other people's money, then you've lost the luxury of being coy and withholding information.  You owe it to your customers to be up front about every detail, especially when they're asking about it.  And I see a lot of people asking about the content of those physical products.

And as a person who paid for his system I would rather Intellivision release information like that to people and at a time when it will do the system the most good.  Because I want Intellivision to be around a long time so we can enjoy the system. If that means waiting because of parts shortages and massive shipping cost rising to crazy amounts I’m ok with that because I want the product and company to succeed.  We have already gotten tons of information on this system and we have got to watch the games be built a lot more than any other console I can think of and we know there are new extended trailers coming which will show how the games interact with the controllers.  If the world wasn’t going through a global event I might agree with your assessment of information some more but getting mad at Intellivision for delays due to a global pandemic event makes no sense 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, godslabrat said:

How much do you have currently invested in physical media for Amico?  Have you heard of the Pandemic, chip shortages, other supply chain and shipping issues?  Can anyone who’s preordered not get their money back should they change their mind or have reservations?  What difference does it make that they’ve had a few delays during a global pandemic; should they then abandon their business strategies for success?  Let me guess, if you were running IE you would have released Amico a year ago, no problem (or maybe your point is you wouldn’t have provided the transparency that Tommy’s afforded us; and that most of us here very much appreciate, current company aside)?  …. Do you recognize how people might perceive you when you continually try and bust Tommy’s balls, especially given the purpose of this thread and with consideration to the questions above?  

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

53 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

How much do you have currently invested in physical media for Amico?  Have you heard of the Pandemic, chip shortages, other supply chain and shipping issues?  Can anyone who’s preordered not get their money back should they change their mind or have reservations?  What difference does it make that they’ve had a few delays during a global pandemic; should they then abandon their business strategies for success?  Let me guess, if you were running IE you would have released Amico a year ago, no problem (or maybe your point is you wouldn’t have provided the transparency that Tommy’s afforded us; and that most of us here very much appreciate, current company aside)?  …. Do you recognize how people might perceive you when you continually try and bust Tommy’s balls, especially given the purpose of this thread and with consideration to the questions above?  

Nothing about the pandemic, chip shortages or supply chain should affect Intellivision's ability to tell people what's in a box.

• Like 1

There has been no meaningful information for so long. It’s reminding me of a soap

opera that I was into and Stopped watching it for a few weeks or a few months and I came back and nothings changed , nothing is really going on , or so it seems. If you take a break and come back fresh you will notice this. Is everything moving in slow motion ? 

Edited by Cranker

4 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Yes, the youtubers are much more important to Amico than paying customers.

The goal is not to please any YouTuber over "paying customers", it is to ensure the success of the console. Are you telling us you don't care if the console is a success or not?

2 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Obviously, Tommy Tallarico doesn't want to release this information now for marketing reasons. For a reason that you do not disclose, you are not pleased with this so you try to attack him to force him to do what YOU want.

If you want to be happy in life, I suggest you quit having this manipulative attitude. No one respects manipulative people.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

***checks thread title***I see some folks who have no money invested in this system,  (unlike many of us who are excited for its release), still can't seem to grasp what this thread is for and that their repeated badgering of Tommy and questioning everything that IE does should be moved to the 30-40 other "take potshots at Amico" threads. Read the room. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

42 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Nothing about the pandemic, chip shortages or supply chain should affect Intellivision's ability to tell people what's in a box.

Pandemic was referenced due to your comment of delay. See remainder of my post above regarding “ability to tell people what’s in a box”. Nice try on diversion. 

It’s their business on what, and when, information is released, just like every other business releasing a retail item.

Suggest that as you seem to have very strong feelings on this, you pull together a team and design a product so you can run things as you wish, and leave running IE to its current CEO. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-carrying-case-abbey-road-the-beatles.thumb.png.8e4b46ac00f1267efab7753034c23305.png

Like the frog, EWJ and the running man; and is that TJ?   Sure I’ve missed others.

Any chance you hid the release date anywhere in this one? 😃

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Starpaddler said:

Pandemic was referenced due to your comment of delay. See remainder of my post above regarding “ability to tell people what’s in a box”. Nice try on diversion. 

It’s their business on what, and when, information is released, just like every other business releasing a retail item.

Suggest that as you seem to have very strong feelings on this, you pull together a team and design a product so you can run things as you wish, and leave running IE to its current CEO. 

There is no diversion.  Intellivision would look like they were taking their customers seriously if they were up front about the contents of the physical products.  Full stop.  As it is, withholding details just makes it look like they're wasting people's time.  The list of things they can't/won't tell you about the console is long, which is ridiculous for something this late on delivery.  The time for surprise reveals is over, when you're having trouble getting your product into people's hands, secrets are the enemy.  Communication of actual progress is your best bet.

I do have something I'm working on, but I'd consider it off topic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

You are such a tease. How can you keep me on edge like this? Have you no soul?

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Why are you being so secretive?  What are you hiding? Why the lack of transparency?  

Any concerns those here may not be at all interested but make it their life’s mission to dog you at every turn?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Starpaddler said:

Why are you being so secretive?  What are you hiding? Why the lack of transparency?  

Any concerns those here may not be at all interested but make it their life’s mission to dog you at every turn?  

Not secret, off topic.  Feel free to DM me if you really want to know.

• Like 1

I’m not trying to start anything but I don’t  understand how the Amico go an award for tech innovation when it’s not even out yet. I’m sure it will be loads of fun when it finally rehearses but how is it innovative? Maybe there are some secrets but this award seems premature.  This is a serious question. I am happy for IE for getting this award but I don’t really see how it applies. Sorry in advance ! Lol 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cranker said:

I’m not trying to start anything but I don’t  understand how the Amico go an award for tech innovation when it’s not even out yet. I’m sure it will be loads of fun when it finally rehearses but how is it innovative? This is a serious question. I am happy for IE for getting this award but I don’t really see how it applies. Sorry in advance ! Lol 

The controller is certainly innovative. The idea of using our own smartphones as normal replacements for console controllers is also innovative. There's also the RFID system. Oh, and the usage of LED lighting on the console itself to give information during gameplay.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Papy said:

The controller is certainly innovative. The idea of using our own smartphones as normal replacements for console controllers is also innovative. There's also the RFID system. Oh, and the usage of LED lighting on the console itself to give information during gameplay.

To me a tech innovation would be more than that but ok. It’s just the console is not even out . Too early for awards no ? 

Edited by Cranker

26 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I’m not trying to start anything but I don’t  understand how the Amico go an award for tech innovation when it’s not even out yet. I’m sure it will be loads of fun when it finally rehearses but how is it innovative? Maybe there are some secrets but this award seems premature.  This is a serious question. I am happy for IE for getting this award but I don’t really see how it applies. Sorry in advance ! Lol 

The tech has been developed, released or otherwise.

Launching a 4th console is kind of big league and to have it employ BT, WIFI, RFID, a new physical game retail model, pressure sensitive disc controller, LED interactive lighting, on-board wireless charging, time and space on-line and local leader board, and on and on, and to have this all developed in the county issuing the award makes perfect sense to me. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

To my understanding its 50,000 in total for 1st run from which the 8 games are allocated - 10,000 to Europe, 40,000 to US/Canada; which after Cmarts purchase should leave around 10K each for the US & Canada 🤣

That’s what I thought, just don’t want them to sell out before I get a chance to order them. 👍😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

It’s just the console is not even out . Too early for awards no ? 

It depends on the agenda behind the award. It's common for cities (either directly or indirectly) or organization like chambers of commerce to give an award in order to help the commercialization of a product that is considered as having a high potential of being successful. These awards are generally given before commercialization.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cranker said:

To me a tech innovation would be more than that but ok. It’s just the console is not even out . Too early for awards no ? 

The innovation doesn't change from final prototype to production units.  If you don't agree with the award that's another matter.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Pac in Blac said:

Hi Tommy sorry to be a nag, just wasn't sure if you saw my above question or if you can reveal anything about Intellivision Tennis? Thank you we appreciate all the videos and public events showcasing Amico!!

Yo!,

Sorry... must have missed that one.  We don't currently have anything in the works for Tennis except a line item to make one at some point.

Sorry I couldn't give you more info on that one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Well, now I’m thinking Sunday… 😁.  

Before your message I was hoping by year end, but that something else would announced, revealed or other reach out to denote 10/10 on Sunday. 

Congrats on Utah, looked like fun and to have been yet another success. 

Eagerly awaiting the next announcement, as usual. 

Take care. 

Yeah... we're trying to put out a few cool new things for 10/10.  Don't want to promise anything at this point as people will hound me every day before and/or after if it doesn't happen.

:)

But just know that we are potentially working on a few cool things for 10/10.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, I believe you said that there is 40000 units of physical games for USA and 10000 units for Europe. Now, does this mean 10000 total, or 10000 copies of each game? The reason I ask is that these have been available to order from Amazon Germany for some time, but are not available yet on Amazon UK, I just don’t want them to sell out before we get a chance to order them here in the UK. Thanks.

10,000 total in Europe right now.  50,000 Limited Collectors Editions were made. 

For the collector folks or people looking to keep track, there are 8 games, but each having 2 printing variants (North America & Europe/UK) but a 3rd variant being a different ratings sticker for Germany.  USK vs. PEGI.

So there would actually be 24 different variants out there.  @cmart604 hates me!  But it's not our fault!  Unfortunately... it's the law.   :)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Even though I have him on ignore, unfortunately when he's quoted I get to see parts of his posts anyway.  Clearly his goal here is to harass us at this point after kindly and respectfully asking him to stop posting negativity in a thread intended to avoid such inflammatory discussions.  I guess the best thing to do at this point would be to report his posts as off-topic.  It would be great if we could all just avoid and ignore him as well.  It doesn't seem that he's capable of reading the room or understanding the spirit of what this thread has become.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1