Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Does anyone know if DJC "Game Studios" is a game studio that makes games, or is this just a name of his gaming room? Interested to know if he's developing for the Amico. So far I've just heard some music. I searched Steam and the eShop - didn't find DJC Game Studios.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yep, a high quality picture including a little pile of games and the front of Finnegan Fox.

Ah - is this still posted? In any case, I hope it's more than a card and a coin. Something NFT related was confirmed before - maybe we'll get more info on that.

It'll be interesting to see how different the Amico RFID card is to the HyperScan cards. From what we've heard they effectively do the same thing (trigger an app download). Really looking forward to see what is new here (besides it being a lenticular print). Oddly enough, HyperScan was also made by Mattel. Maybe the technology was purchased with the Intellivision IP?

AR-604244403.jpg.d78da7bda83a6741473b699ab6860166.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Ah - is this still posted? In any case, I hope it's more than a card and a coin. Something NFT related was confirmed before - maybe we'll get more info on that.

He deleted the tweet, I think after he realised he shouldn't have posted it.

I googled and there's a couple of results showing it, but I think they're by people who some would called "haters" so I wont post any links, but if you search "intellivision amico physical" and limit results to within the last 24 hours you should see it, either on the main search or on the images results.

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bouchard said:

No I don’t think so. Mattel sold the Intellivision rights in 1984.

Cool - thanks for the info. It's just funny that Mattel invented Intellivision and the HyperScan and now Intellivision is using HyperScan technology (kinda). I'm looking forward to something non-obvious during the reveal on Sunday. Otherwise, this was a lot of smoke to blow for something so simple.

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

He deleted the tweet, I think after he realised he shouldn't have posted it.

I googled and there's a couple of results showing it, but I think they're by people who some would called "haters" so I wont post any links, but if you search "intellivision amico physical" and limit results to within the last 24 hours you should see it, either on the main search or on the images results.

I can't even post on most of those sites, banned, like from Mr. Beef ...eh, Amico Dude's. Oh, the horrible censorship they practice! They only censor us because they can't take alternative opinions, you know!

11 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Still frustrating none the less, as I’m sure N0mi feels they have lost their place in line. Hope you are able to get it corrected when you contact them, and recommend you insist that you be guaranteed your rightful place in line. 

good luck. 

It's frustrating and I understand @totalamicohad a similar problem with Amazon UK in March. I agree that it's most likely an automation and as long as I can place another pre-order this should be no big problem. Hopefully they don't run out of stock before my order is fulfilled, since now I'm at the end of the line, that's true. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Tommy, I asked for and just received an official statement by MediaMarkt Germany regarding the cancellation of my Amico First Edition pre-order:

"Due to an unexpectedly high demand, the article you ordered is unfortunately no longer available and can no longer be purchased by the manufacturer. For this reason, your order has unfortunately been cancelled"

Well, I should be happy for you and the company to hear about the high demand, but I doubt this was the actual reason. I for now will leave it as it is. 

Edited by N0mi
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Does anyone know if DJC "Game Studios" is a game studio that makes games, or is this just a name of his gaming room? Interested to know if he's developing for the Amico. So far I've just heard some music. I searched Steam and the eShop - didn't find DJC Game Studios.

I think it's just the name of his YT channel.  It would be cool if he was making games for Amico.  Wouldn't that be something?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, woobman said:

Starting from the top:  Buying, Buying, Buying, Buying, need to see more - buying, Buying, Buying, Buying. 

Love the Pic Tommy!!!!  My OCD is kicking in.. NOT IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER....  

And my OCD wants them to be stacked from shortest title to longest. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, vongruetz said:

And my OCD wants them to be stacked from shortest title to longest. 

My OCD doesn't care the order in which they are stacked, just that they are stacked in my house.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

My OCD doesn't care the order in which they are stacked, just that they are stacked in my house.  

Obvious Collecting Disorder? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, jsmith73 said:

Obvious Collecting Disorder? 

Obsessive (Amico) Collecting Disorder  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

It'll be interesting to see how different the Amico RFID card is to the HyperScan cards. From what we've heard they effectively do the same thing (trigger an app download).

I have a bit of a Hyperscan collection, but it sure was a sad and short-lived platform. With Hyperscan the entire game and all content was packed onto the physical disc, but to unlock and activate the different characters and features you had to scan in RFID cards. You couldn't even play a game without those cards and had to scan them every single time, and then a second time to store any updated stats. In fact Mattel never even released half of the cards for its pack-in title or for a wrestling game, so half of the features were unobtainable even though it all existed on the disc.

That was Mattel's attempt more-so to seize on the card collecting surge of the era than to really commit to a game console, but hoped to attract two audiences by combining them. What's unfortunate is the hardware itself had a lot of potential and could've produced games at least of Dreamcast quality if they had committed to it and not locked so much down with cards (which were also very touchy with the chip reader).

• Like 3

On 10/8/2021 at 9:33 PM, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-van-halen-frankenstrat.thumb.png.6faef95272e89f8ddcba829756772040.png

Well... why not... a tribute ... to the most inhuman guitarist to ever shred and axe... 13 mins of insane hammering!

and now... a special request... By-Tor, Snowdog and Pratt "The Professor"   ... RUSH!

Thank you!

trio pic.png        redstarman.png

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Happy 10/10 Birthday wishes to Tommy's beloved sister Karen. She would have been 49 years young today.♥️

intellivision-amico-happy-birthday-karen-tallarico.thumb.png.bbd8eaa0dec9d774b4555a1ba6ed99f8.png

• Like 23

51 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Well... why not... a tribute ... to the most inhuman guitarist to ever shred and axe... 13 mins of insane hammering!

and now... a special request... By-Tor, Snowdog and Pratt "The Professor"   ... RUSH!

Thank you!

trio pic.png        redstarman.png

Satan Worshipers!!

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Swami said:

Satan Worshipers!!

Jewish!  Satan star is upside down 🙃

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Happy 10/10 Birthday wishes to Tommy's beloved sister Karen. She would have been 49 years young today.♥️

intellivision-amico-happy-birthday-karen-tallarico.thumb.png.bbd8eaa0dec9d774b4555a1ba6ed99f8.png

Just wanted to bump this and put it back in front in this thread.

That's beautiful CurlyQ,thank you!👍

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wolfy62 said:

Just wanted to bump this and put it back in front in this thread.

That's beautiful CurlyQ,thank you!👍

I agree on that.  If I had known he was going to post this, I would not have commented on the VH set.  Good move!  Thanks!

Happy Birthday to your sister Tommy. Sorry for her loss to you and your family.  

• Like 9